Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #16  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
evemomma - I never answered this because I'm not sure. I took two multi-vitamins all the way through (Nature Made), one in the evening and one in the morning. I think one of the fish oil is good - mine are 1000/400. After the starter pack, I only bought the cal/mags for a little while and did buy the potassium the whole way through just because I couldn't find a good replacement.
Thanks Ruth Ann! My coach didn't know either. I have stilll been doing the cal/mags and potassium from IP. I need to bring my bottles to Walgreens and see if I can find anything similar.

Anyone else have ideas with vitamins? I think I'm getting tripped up by the one-a-day title. They also have something in them that makes me nauseated (that the IP ones didn't)...so I don't want to take more than I have to right now.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #17  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thanks Ruth Ann! My coach didn't know either. I have stilll been doing the cal/mags and potassium from IP. I need to bring my bottles to Walgreens and see if I can find anything similar.

Anyone else have ideas with vitamins? I think I'm getting tripped up by the one-a-day title. They also have something in them that makes me nauseated (that the IP ones didn't)...so I don't want to take more than I have to right now.
I never did find anything with both the calcium and magnesum in them so I ended up buying them separately - made for more pills but was totally doable.

Are you taking your multi with food? You might just have to bite the bullet and switch brands.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Great NSV for me Just tried on a pair of capris I use to love to see how far I had left before they fit, and they fit perfectly!! I actually cheered in my closet
Old 06-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Has anyone been able to purchase frozen rhubarb lately? I miss it and it used to be one of my "go to" veggies. I can't grow it this far south, and fresh can be difficult (if not impossible) to find.
I used to purchase it frozen from Whole Foods, but they have quit carrying it. In fact, their vendor quit packaging/selling it.

And those of you who garden, do you think this could be grown indoors? in a container near a window?
I haven't grown rhubarb but my local grocery also stopped carrying it frozen. They have "fresh" but I don't consider any veggies at the grocery truly fresh. Fresh is picked that day...I get that at my farmers market!

Quote:
if anyone knows, please advise as my coach doesn't know these:

I am slowly replacing all my IP supplements. I have a one-a-day women's vitamin...do I still take two or just one? Also, I have a high fish oil (1400mg total, 900 omega) pill...two or one? Thanks, thanks, thanks!
There was a lot of discussion about vitamins in one of the alt threads a while back (maybe not the current volume). You might want to do some reading there.

What I did was take my bottles with me when shopping and do some comparisons, trying to find itms that were similar with similar dosages.

It isn't about how many pills, but rather dosages.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #20  

Default Beck Diet Solution daily tip

Tuesday Reality Check: If you think, “I have to finish this (extra) food because I’ve paid for it,” remind yourself that the money is already gone. Eating the food won’t bring it back, it will only cause you to take in extra calories. It’s not worth it!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #21  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

evemomma:
I'm going to give the instant coffee/EAS shake a whirl. I admit, I miss my carmel machiatos but, I figure I've I can still remember what they taste like, I can go without, just by memory alone.

Morning everyone! Question for everyone since the topic of rhubarb came up. If you are growing a garden this year, what are you growing in your garden? My husband is a farmer (field corn/dehydrated onions) and last year on one of the corners of one of the fields my MIL grew a HUGE garden however; I want something closer to home and minimal to manage. I bought two raised garden bed kits that I'm planning to put together. I don't want too many veggies but, I'm going to plant zuchini, english cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes. My mom has a bumper crop of lettuce so no need there. I also have a HUGE planter that came with our house that has a raspberry bush in, my daughter loves raspberries.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #22  

Quote:
Bought some instant coffee and put a heaping teaspoon in my EAS shake (along with crushed ice) and had the most AMAZING Starbucks-esque mocha shake! Why or why did I wait so long to get the instant coffee? Don't make my mistake...go get thee some and get some Starbucks love yourselves!
I save leftover coffee & use it as the liquid in my pudding/shake mix. This is what I make my chocolate breakfast smoothies with...I even freeze coffee ice cubes!
It is YUM.
I've done it with RTD, also. I can't use the EAS due to soy content but I use the ones from Nashua that are identical to the IP RTD.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #23  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
....I get measured by the new person. I think this is affecting how my measurements are taken and also I don't feel as comfortable asking questions or sharing information. ....
This happened to me too today -- I know the new girl pulled the tapes tighter so I enjoyed all the "you lost on your.... today" -- except for the inch off the girls. I don't WANNA lose there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Has anyone been able to purchase frozen rhubarb lately? And those of you who garden, do you think this could be grown indoors? in a container near a window?
My neighbour just gave me some so I'm sooo excited but no, I don't think it's an "indoor" plant-- unless you want to give up your bath tub! Those babies get huge! Maybe as a starter plant a big pot could work... but make it a big one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
evemomma:

Morning everyone! Question for everyone since the topic of rhubarb came up. If you are growing a garden this year, what are you growing in your garden? My husband is a farmer (field corn/dehydrated onions) and last year on one of the corners of one of the fields my MIL grew a HUGE garden however; I want something closer to home and minimal to manage. I bought two raised garden bed kits that I'm planning to put together. I don't want too many veggies but, I'm going to plant zuchini, english cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes. My mom has a bumper crop of lettuce so no need there. I also have a HUGE planter that came with our house that has a raspberry bush in, my daughter loves raspberries.
Say NO to the raspberries or put them in a place they can run free that you don't care about. The stocks come up for ever and they are 'picky' to the touch so not very nice to deal with. We had some that bore fruit for 2 years only, and I've been dealing with the @#$% thorny stocks ever since!

Zuchinni also needs lots of space. One plant will take up a lot of room. Usually all the neighbours are trying to get rid of their zuchinni as you get a big yield from one plant. Have fun with your garden. I LOVE to plant snow peas when I garden as my boys just go and pick them off the vine and snack, and they are one veggie that never seems to go down in price.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #24  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Had my first costco shake that was chunky (I know some others had that issue). I was SOooo mad as it meant I had to eat my Salt and Vinegar chips in the car for breakfast instead of enjoying my shake.

Chips for breakfast. Only on IP. LOL... Okay, well I probably had them BEFORE but at least this time it's a legit - if not weird - snack
Old 06-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #25  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

IP43:
My raspberry plant is in a huge pot in the backyard so we are good to go in that department. I cut them back this spring so it's nice and full.

I love pees! Man....they are harvesting soon near the farm, I'll have my husband get some for our daughter at least. She loves them too!

Sorry about the chunky shake, that's no bueno. At least Costco has a fabulous return policy...doesn't do you any good though when you are eatting chips for breakfast...unplanned.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Hello

I am on day 5 of the program. I am having a sore stomach and had the runs last night. Has anyone else had this?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
Hello

I am on day 5 of the program. I am having a sore stomach and had the runs last night. Has anyone else had this?
I had the runs last week, very unusual for me...I thought it was something I was eating, but then I was telling a friend of mine how I have been enjoying my nightly baths with my new scented Epsom salts and she informed me that Epsom salts are a laxative.... who knew???? I've been using 2 cups like the bag says.... I cut it back to 1/2 a cup. Problem solved!! LOL

Just thought i'd share that...
Old 06-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

So I made my usual breakfast shake today, chocolate IP in blender with frozen spinach and 2 teaspoons instant coffee... and it was extra extra creamy and soooo yummy!! I didn't realize that I used the pudding mix, oh my gosh!! DELISH!!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #29  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
evemomma:
I'm going to give the instant coffee/EAS shake a whirl. I admit, I miss my carmel machiatos but, I figure I've I can still remember what they taste like, I can go without, just by memory alone.
Let me know what you think! I have not been a fan of an of the drinks on IP...so this is a HUGE plus for me to discover! I don't mind giving up my normal cup ofr two of coffee in the AM to indulge in this at least once (and maybe sometimes twice) a day! I am going to try it with some RTD IP cappucinos (which I do not like and have been in my fridge for a few weeks).

Lisa...

I have been adding regular coffee to my IP drinks hoping for something I liked. I think the instant coffee is helping because my brewed coffee was just too weak. Maybe I'll try some mocha -pudding!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Lol. Yeah.. who knew? Never heard of that!

No Epsom salts here. Maybe my body didn't like the carbs I had on my homemade chicken fingers. I am on the Alternate protocol so I wasn't too worried about it but it wasn't exactly on plan.
Closed Thread