Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #31  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
IP43:
My raspberry plant is in a huge pot in the backyard so we are good to go in that department. I cut them back this spring so it's nice and full.

I love pees! Man....they are harvesting soon near the farm, I'll have my husband get some for our daughter at least. She loves them too!

Sorry about the chunky shake, that's no bueno. At least Costco has a fabulous return policy...doesn't do you any good though when you are eatting chips for breakfast...unplanned.
We have a garden that was taken over by our raspberry bushes this year....can we say, CRAZY?????? We used to have tomatoes, peppers, and squash. But now just raspberries. We have pumpkins in our backyard this year. No tomatoes...but maybe that's good because I ADORE home grown tomatoes and probably would cave if we had them just sitting on the vine looking delicious. We have a really nice local farmer's market in my town, so I'm looking forward to getting some locally grown OP veggies in the next couple weeks. Also looking forward to some lean, grass-fed beef from the local farmers. Mmmmmmmmm!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #32  

Hi all! Hope Tuesday is treating you well.
Had a meeting this morning at the church with a computer guy about upgrading and backup options. What I know about all that stuff is minimal, so my head is spinning, lol.
I'm pleased to report that I am finally sleeping better! My chiropractor/coach found a cal-mag that is the same ratio (or something scientific-sounding!) as the IP version. It's a powdered formula that took some getting used to but it's making a difference so I am thrilled!

Dangeron- congrats on the NSV with the capris! "Closet shopping" is always fun.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 219/197/150

I have having a hard time with the products! I have tried the following with no luck:
-Cx noodle Soup
-Tomato Basil Rotini
-Strawberry-Banana Drink
-pancakes
-broccoli /cheese soup
I hated all of them. So, what do people do? Just keep drinking choc shakes, the capp drinks and the bbque ridges and lemon wafers? I just can't find products that taste good. I have been on it for 3 weeks! HELP!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #34  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Had WI this morning. Down two pounds but up 2 inches-- up an inch in my chest and my waist, same everywhere else. It's incredibly hot and humid here today and my hands do feel a bit swollen so I'm hoping it's just water retention due to the weather.

I'm also a little bit frustrated with my clinic. For my first 7 weeks or so I was seeing the same coach week to week. For the past three weeks I've been measured by three different coaches. A third coach (who it is varies) seems to come in every Tuesday morning now, I guess because of capacity and my regular coach always seems to be busy so I get measured by the new person. I think this is affecting how my measurements are taken and also I don't feel as comfortable asking questions or sharing information. Not a huge deal but it's been irritating to me and I don't feel like I'm getting as much value out of having a coach as I did before. Maybe I just need to get over being shy and say that I'd prefer to have one coach consistent week to week if I can.
Maybe you would feel less shy if you call your preferred coach and tell her you would always like to see her? Easier than telling someone you don't want to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I had the runs last week, very unusual for me...I thought it was something I was eating, but then I was telling a friend of mine how I have been enjoying my nightly baths with my new scented Epsom salts and she informed me that Epsom salts are a laxative.... who knew???? I've been using 2 cups like the bag says.... I cut it back to 1/2 a cup. Problem solved!! LOL

Just thought i'd share that...
Epsom salts are only a laxative when you drink them or use them as an enema. It can't absorb through your skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
Hello

I am on day 5 of the program. I am having a sore stomach and had the runs last night. Has anyone else had this?
Your body might be having trouble with all the supplements (the magnesium might be too high for you). If this is more veggie or more protein than you are used to or you could be sensitive to sucralose or soy. I have seen other peopel with the same issues post when they have started on the program.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #35  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyH View Post
I have having a hard time with the products! I have tried the following with no luck:
-Cx noodle Soup
-Tomato Basil Rotini
-Strawberry-Banana Drink
-pancakes
-broccoli /cheese soup
I hated all of them. So, what do people do? Just keep drinking choc shakes, the capp drinks and the bbque ridges and lemon wafers? I just can't find products that taste good. I have been on it for 3 weeks! HELP!
I have not LOVED the IP products either. I do enjoy many of the restricted (but of course that doesn't really help much)! Here's a few unrestricted that I like (of course everyone's taste differs):

-milk and dark choc pudding (I put some sea salt on them...sometimes freeze them slightly for a ice-cream like treat
-raspberry jelly (jell-o): this one surprised me...I also semi-freeze this one
-mango-peach drink packet...this tastes like a mixed drink, easy to down when you're in a hurry

I am now adding alternatives into the mix for myself and enjoy some of them a lot: Proti-Diet Cinnamon Oatmeal, Quest Bars (these are restricted) and the EAS advantage (low carb) RTD shakes.

I have found that's it's really important to make sure that my REAL food is flavorful and creative....then I don't get as bothered by the "boring" IP food. THere's a lot of good IP recipe and "fun with IP packets" threads to give you ideas how to make eating FUN and delicious!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Chipndip- yay I can go back to using 2 cups again!!! I just LOVE that stuff!!!!!

OK, so I have no idea why I had the runs...lol
Old 06-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #37  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

The last two days have been more than a struggle. Not getting in all my veggies, water or supplements. It isn't that I am not hungry , I just don't want anything that I have and too busy or too tired to fill my glass. I really get tired of cooking. I didn't put anything bad in my mouth at least.

Back OP now, although left work unprepared so had to go to the work cafeteria and buy a salad - picking out all the little carrot pieces.

Down to only two pairs of capris that actually fit. Gave away all the others, so can't stop now!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
I am on day 5 of the program. I am having a sore stomach and had the runs last night. Has anyone else had this?
Yes. Many people have. Most common culprits are soy and sucralose. Try cutting out products with soy & see if that helps. If it doesn't, try cutting sucralose. Another idea...keep reading below...

Quote:
I had the runs last week, very unusual for me...I thought it was something I was eating, but then I was telling a friend of mine how I have been enjoying my nightly baths with my new scented Epsom salts and she informed me that Epsom salts are a laxative.... who knew???? I've been using 2 cups like the bag says.... I cut it back to 1/2 a cup. Problem solved!! LOL
Epsom salts are a source of magnseium.
Magnesium is a laxative.
And it CAN be absorbed through the skin.
My naturopathic doctor had me take epsom salt baths to raise my magnesium level.

Quote:
So I made my usual breakfast shake today, chocolate IP in blender with frozen spinach and 2 teaspoons instant coffee... and it was extra extra creamy and soooo yummy!! I didn't realize that I used the pudding mix, oh my gosh!! DELISH!!
I use the pudding/shake mix ALL THE TIME instead of the (much runnier) drink mix. I love how creamy my shakes are!

Quote:
-Cx noodle Soup
-Tomato Basil Rotini
-Strawberry-Banana Drink
-pancakes
-broccoli /cheese soup
You picked some of my least favorite things to try.

I liked the creamy chicken or mushroom soups with pureed veggies in them.
I made my pancakes from banana pudding mix (or wild berry yogurt or lemon pudding - or oatmeal. Others make theirs from the crispy rice).

I have a chocolate pudding shake/smoothie almost every day for breakfast. I I like the omelets with veggies added (can you tell I make "additions" to just about everything?). The potato puree makes a great "bread" or is good with mashed cauliflower in it.

That is just a few ideas I had
Old 06-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #39  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

I have a ticker now! Woohooo!

That is all...
Old 06-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #40  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
-Cx noodle Soup
-Tomato Basil Rotini
-Strawberry-Banana Drink
-pancakes
-broccoli /cheese soup
I add tons of veggies and also I make a cilantro pesto with jalapenos and add a spoon of that. It kicks up the flavor and makes the soups not taste so chemically. Definitely check out the recipes here...there are some really cool things people have done with the packages.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Anniepoo- Don't you just love your ticker???? I was SO excited to get mine!! Now I can't wait to see it go down!!!!

Lisa- Sucralose!! MIO!!! I bet that was it!!!! and can too much magnesium hurt you??
Old 06-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #42  

Quote:
Lisa- Sucralose!! MIO!!! I bet that was it!!!! and can too much magnesium hurt you??
It DEFINTELY loosens stools!
But an imbalance of any nutrient can throw off the balance of other nutrients.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #43  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
-Cx noodle Soup
-Tomato Basil Rotini
-Strawberry-Banana Drink
-pancakes
-broccoli /cheese soup
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

You picked some of my least favorite things to try.
I was thinking the same as Lisa -- if you had grabbed the tomato basil soup and chicken a la king, you would officially have all the worst items! LOL

Personally I love the broc/cheese but ONLY when I add my 2 cups of veggie puree. It makes a really nice creamy soup

For the pancakes, I use the crispy rice -- roll it with a rolling pin, add an egg white and 1/2 tsp baking powder and have NR pancakes

The regular rotini I love -- don't see any difference to a regular noodle. It makes me feel "normal" to eat that one

IP omelettes, again with veggies added, are good.

Your tastes WILL adjust to that fake flavour but some products you just learn not to get. I like the ready made shakes and puddings over the packages, but the packages you can bake into cookies (same recipe as above for pancakes LOL)

Experiment but don't give up. And try things in a few weeks -- your tastes will change...
Old 06-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 219/197/150

So, looking forward to weighing in on Friday. I need to keep motivated and I must admit this website is addicting. Thank you!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #45  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Ah but it's a GOOD addiction. When I want to eat, I come here and read a few posts... helps give my brain a new focus....
(maybe that explains why I post so much...I always want to eat! LOL)

Last edited by IP43; 06-10-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Closed Thread