Need to switch IP Center

• Has anyone ever switched to a different weigh-in center? I joined in 2010 and drove several miles. There is another center close to my home, but different name and owner. It's still the same plan. I would love to switch to the closer one, but not sure if it's possible. I'm just starting back on program.
  • I know people gave done that. Some will allow it ONLY if you pay the start-up dee and some discount their normal start fee. Others welcome people w/o the fee.

I would be prepared to do some negotiating! Try for no fee or a greatly reduced fee. SELL them on the fact you already know the program and do not need anything more that your starting weight, measurements and updated information/phase 1 sheet. you are a ready-made client who us going yo be placing your product orders with them starting on day 1.

You should be able to get a good deal!
  • Think also about the "long haul"... how long will you be driving to the clinic. For the price of gas these days, even if they charge you a bit, is it less than the time and gas to go to the farther clinic? I don't think IP is like weight watchers where you can go to any meeting if you're a member, but they make lots of money (100% markup) on the food you buy, so if it were me, I'd welcome new clients with open arms.
  • Quote: Think also about the "long haul"... how long will you be driving to the clinic. For the price of gas these days, even if they charge you a bit, is it less than the time and gas to go to the farther clinic? I don't think IP is like weight watchers where you can go to any meeting if you're a member, but they make lots of money (100% markup) on the food you buy, so if it were me, I'd welcome new clients with open arms.
    I think she is hoping yo move to the center CLOSER to her home!!
  • Quote: I think she is hoping yo move to the center CLOSER to her home!!
    I know... sorry if that sounded confusing. I meant I might be willing to pay the start up fee if I had to, vs. paying for gas and driving farther. Time is money after all I think another clinic would be glad to take her in as a client -- and as you said, hopefully with no restart fee.
  • I switched to a clinic that is affliated with my doctor a few months ago. Over the phone I was told that there would be a transfer fee, but once I went into the clinic & showed how diligent & successful I have been staying 100% OP, I wasn't charged. I also brought up the fact that I am a walking advertisement for IP & this clinic. I have generated business for them, as well