Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:28 AM   #61  

Hi all,
After being on IP for almost a week, I am going for a long walk with my usual walking group. I stopped walking for a week and I feel ready to go back. My daughter tells me this will negatively impact my weight loss. There is no truth in that, is there?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #62  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan57 View Post
Hi all,
After being on IP for almost a week, I am going for a long walk with my usual walking group. I stopped walking for a week and I feel ready to go back. My daughter tells me this will negatively impact my weight loss. There is no truth in that, is there?
Strenuous exercise can cause problems because of the low calories of the diet but gentle walking is encouraged. If your walking is intense, you can have an extra non-restricted pack. Strained muscles can also retain water, which will effect the scale. Just be sure to keep an eye on how you feel and be aware that it is possible that you'll notice a difference.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #63  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well TOM came and there's a 2 again this morning at the front, but oh well, I saw it, I was there and this is just TOM lol. Sometimes being a woman sucks
Old 06-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well TOM came and there's a 2 again this morning at the front, but oh well, I saw it, I was there and this is just TOM lol. Sometimes being a woman sucks
When TOM is over you'll probably jump on and weigh 197!!!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #65  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
When TOM is over you'll probably jump on and weigh 197!!!!!
Ya I have no doubts I'll get right back. I'm not worried, and it feels nice to be not worried lol. It's a good thing TOM came last nigh though or I might have cried hysterically lol
Old 06-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Welcome! Congrats for getting started - you'll love it here! You'll get the hang of it really quick and be sure to ask if you have questions or just need some support, the people here are really good at that!

You might want to up your water - like about double the 40 ounces. Really important to get all your water in. I know it seems like a lot at first, but it becomes a habit. I now feel lost if I forget my water bottle when I'm out and about.
Thank you for the welcome, encouragement and advice Ruth Ann. I'm not sure I'm out of the getting into ketoses mental fog or allergy fog, let's just say I'm foggy the last couple days but I am drinking three 24 ounce shaker bottles each day. So I misstated the 40. But you are right, and thanks for saying it. I think I can do 80 ounces just by adding some herbal tea in the mornings. I'm not a water drinker normally, but this is about change.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by For the win View Post
Thank you for the welcome, encouragement and advice Ruth Ann. I'm not sure I'm out of the getting into ketoses mental fog or allergy fog, let's just say I'm foggy the last couple days but I am drinking three 24 ounce shaker bottles each day. So I misstated the 40. But you are right, and thanks for saying it. I think I can do 80 ounces just by adding some herbal tea in the mornings. I'm not a water drinker normally, but this is about change.
For me, water has been the biggest challenge on IP. When I do drink all of it, I get bored with it. Sometimes it is almost habit, sometimes I have to push it.

Ruth Ann is right on it when she suggests things like herbal teas to help out. I buy cinnamon/orange, raspberry, whatever new and different I can find to spice up my drinking. Creativity helps.

When I was getting a manicure, they served me Market Spice tea, which was a really nice zing of a treat. So off I go to look for it - cannot find it anywhere...ideas anyone?
Old 06-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #68  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
For me, water has been the biggest challenge on IP. When I do drink all of it, I get bored with it. Sometimes it is almost habit, sometimes I have to push it.

Ruth Ann is right on it when she suggests things like herbal teas to help out. I buy cinnamon/orange, raspberry, whatever new and different I can find to spice up my drinking. Creativity helps.

When I was getting a manicure, they served me Market Spice tea, which was a really nice zing of a treat. So off I go to look for it - cannot find it anywhere...ideas anyone?
QFC has the Market Spice tea or you can go down to Pike's Place and get it right from their store - plus a ton of other flavors. I love that placd!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #69  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by For the win View Post
That makes more sense! I do my water in 24 oz bottles too and try to do 3 a day plus the water I drink for taking medications (8 oz 2x a day). Strong brewing decaf herbal fruit or cinammon teas and adding some to your water is a nice taste and is nice for a change. Fortunately, I like water!

And allergies are awful - been a bad year for them for me. I made dh put the a/c in the bedroom a month ago just because it filters the air. I think my next big purchase is a air purifier thingy for the bedroom.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #70  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday!

My hubby is FINALLY home from Germany!!!! Exciting and yet he brought a lot of goodies he bought there for family and work pals: German and Swiss chocolates (grrrrrr) and even homemade German pastry with dark choc filling. I put the smallest bite in (when can I get bakery fresh German pastry again any time soon?) and chewed it and then spit it out. Not a great habit I'm sure, but I figured it was a sensible compromise. I am putting one box of dark chocolate in the freezer for when I am in maintenance and I can have a little treat now and then.

Still haven't weighed and now am going to stay off until Wed since that is my normal weigh-in day but I am not seeing my coach this week.

Question: I am doing alternative supplements as I run out of IP one's. I have one-a-day multi-vitamins. Do I still take two? Also, I am taking 1400mg Fish Oil caplets (has 900 Omega 3s). Again, two or one? The rest I still am taking IP for the moment.

TIA!!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #71  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I had my Isofemme bar yesterday from the box I've had forever that has expired. I tried one today from a new box that was fresh. The old one is as hard as a rock and takes me forever to eat (and I savour every bite). This new fresh version was no work at all to eat and was done in seconds... It tasted pretty good, but now I'm wondering if I should leave it to go stale so I can enjoy the "chewing" longer! LOL...
Old 06-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Checking in for the week. This is my second week of doing an IP alternative. I find that it is a bit difficult to stick to...for instance on Tuesday I went out to a birthday dinner and had some wine and so forth. I am starving by dinner time and cannot always wait for my husband to get home to eat together. All in all though, it seems doable. My 2nd weigh in is tomorrow - keeping the faith!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Default Need help to figure out how to post properly

Hello,
I cannot seem to figure out how to do proper posts. For example - how do you reply to a post? I have been using a quick reply, but it goes to a new line...any links that have instructions would be helpful!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #74  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybell View Post
Checking in for the week. This is my second week of doing an IP alternative. I find that it is a bit difficult to stick to...for instance on Tuesday I went out to a birthday dinner and had some wine and so forth. I am starving by dinner time and cannot always wait for my husband to get home to eat together. All in all though, it seems doable. My 2nd weigh in is tomorrow - keeping the faith!!!
I very often use the bagged shredded lettuce and put a big handful in a bowl & top with WF dressing and chomp away. Along with a big glass of iced tea I'm fine again. That is my go-to food when I get really really hungry between meals.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #75  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybell View Post
Hello,
I cannot seem to figure out how to do proper posts. For example - how do you reply to a post? I have been using a quick reply, but it goes to a new line...any links that have instructions would be helpful!
Here you go Fairybell.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html
Closed Thread