Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Sadly for me Lisa, there is a real doctor shortage where we live. My pre-requisites for my doctor are "has a pulse and can see me sometime this year"...sigh... I finally got a doctor and was thrilled about it and they called me to let me know she is on maternity leave

OMG.. I laughed when I saw this, but it really isn't funny. The shortage of doctors is appalling. Sorry you are going thru this. I live in a big city and there is no shortage of doctors, just a shortage of good ones.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I have so many choices today, I can't decide. After my workout, that is.
Strawberry picking? (for DH, of course), Horseradish Festival, going to St Louis Ballpark Village to watch an away Cards game? Outdoor concert tonite?

I'm leaning toward festival today, BPV tomorrow and probably the concert tonite (weather permitting).

None of these things could I have done 2 years ago. Last summer I would have chosen 1 because my back couldn't take all that activity (and probably not berry picking). Now I can easily do all of these things. Losing 90+ lbs on IP started the transformation, then I added Physcial Therapy to rehab my back. I'm not good-as-new but I'm pretty doggone good!
Lisa - I can feel your energy and joy in your post. So glad that your back is better and you can do all these fun things. I remember your posts from last
Fall and how limited you felt with your back issues. You have done amazing losing over 90 lbs and keeping it off for 6 or more months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
:cheer3

GUESS WHO'S IN ONEDERLAND?????? YEP ME WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
Way to go Amber I have been excited and hopeful for you all week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
WI today was 1.4 lost. This officially puts me at 30 lbs and half way to goal. That's pretty exciting. One more week til vacation. I haven't been in the 170's in over 15 years.
Congratulations Catlady.

I lost 4lbs this week. I have been planning on phase 2 at 170, at that point I would have lost 112 on IP and 135lbs from my highest. Today my coach says she would like me to consider losing 20 more in phase 1. I was hoping to still lose on phase 2 and see where that takes me but she says I won't lose on phase 2. What have been peoples experience on phase 2?
Old 06-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #33  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Amber Hooray for you! that is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
I lost 4lbs this week. I have been planning on phase 2 at 170, at that point I would have lost 112 on IP and 135lbs from my highest. Today my coach says she would like me to consider losing 20 more in phase 1. I was hoping to still lose on phase 2 and see where that takes me but she says I won't lose on phase 2. What have been peoples experience on phase 2?
Jenny - I lost in P2 and P3, around 5 lbs if I recall correctly. The big question is, how do you feel? Do you think 170 is a weight you will be happy with and can maintain? The big thing, I think, is to separate the "I'm at a healthy weight and am comfortable with it" thoughts from "I'm ready to get off of P1, I'm tired of it" thoughts. I started thinking I was done about 2 months before I started phasing off sometimes and sometimes I was thinking "let's go a little more". I'm really glad I stayed on P1 for the extra couple of months - I certainly look and feel better at this weight.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Jenny - I lost in P2 and P3, around 5 lbs if I recall correctly. The big question is, how do you feel? Do you think 170 is a weight you will be happy with and can maintain? The big thing, I think, is to separate the "I'm at a healthy weight and am comfortable with it" thoughts from "I'm ready to get off of P1, I'm tired of it" thoughts. I started thinking I was done about 2 months before I started phasing off sometimes and sometimes I was thinking "let's go a little more". I'm really glad I stayed on P1 for the extra couple of months - I certainly look and feel better at this weight.
Thank you so much Ruth Ann for responding. You have done such a great job with maintainence. I'm not sure what would be different maintaining at 158 or 170 because I thought for maintenance it was just an extra 500 calories a day. But I guess if one was smaller you'd require fewer calories. I'm not sick of phase 1 I feel good but could see myself staying on for a couple more months and seeing what my body says. I'm not "fighting" for these last 10 lbs so maybe my body is saying "don't get excited your not done yet".
Old 06-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #35  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Jenny -- congrats on doing so well! I set my goal at 180. Really I'd love to be 160. But when I get to 180 I'll evaluate and see. That's the beauty of this plan. If you're not sick of it, keep going. You know you'll put a bit back too. I think when you get to your size, that 10 pounds will be another pants size etc. and you'll be glad you kept going.

Last edited by IP43; 06-07-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #36  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
:cheer3

GUESS WHO'S IN ONEDERLAND?????? YEP ME WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
I was hoping to see this today!!!! Good for you!!!!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Lisa -

You and I have about the same statistics and my goal was 160 but even that is a bit high according to my coach - she would like to see me at 150.

It must be hard when you are so close....you need to do what you feel you can manage best. I won't be far behind you!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #38  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Beautiful day in Central IL today! Took my dog, Ozzie, for a 3 mile walk & now just doing housework . Loving the extra energy I've found by eating better. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #39  

Amber
Welcome to Onederland!
You never have to see that 2 again!!!

Quote:
Lisa - I can feel your energy and joy in your post. So glad that your back is better and you can do all these fun things. I remember your posts from last
Fall and how limited you felt with your back issues. You have done amazing losing over 90 lbs and keeping it off
Thanks so much. I keep hanging out b/c I'm not done. Going thru the summer healing thyroid and this Fall I'm planning on visiting a DO who offers IP, discuss thyroid and seeing if I can get medical monitoring there for getting to normal BMI.

Jenny, Ruth gave great advice. I have nothing to add.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #40  

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to attempt to make rolls (think the herb & garlic potato rolls) today out of Kay's Naturals crispy parmesan protein chips. Wish me luck...
Old 06-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #41  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I'm going to attempt to make rolls (think the herb & garlic potato rolls) today out of Kay's Naturals crispy parmesan protein chips. Wish me luck...
If it doesn't work out, I have some rolls you can have...FREE! (and it's not rolls of CASH either!)
Old 06-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #42  

Height: 5'3"

I just got my TSH results back and frankly, I'm shocked I'm losing weight right now. It is at 7.096. I'm going to get my prescription filled. Maybe it'll increase the weight loss even more? We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
If it doesn't work out, I have some rolls you can have...FREE! (and it's not rolls of CASH either!)
Haha! That made me laugh hard. I got enough rolls to get rid of, sadly!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I just got my TSH results back and frankly, I'm shocked I'm losing weight right now. It is at 7.096. I'm going to get my prescription filled. Maybe it'll increase the weight loss even more? We shall see.
I was losing when mine was 6.95. I went on meds and THEN my WL slowed. It stalled later
Did they only do TSH or the whole thyroid panel?
Old 06-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #44  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok...sorry no quotes:

Amber.....YAY for the lovely 100's!!!!!!

Lisa: The Horseradish festival is only about 15 min from me!

Readytolive: Holy Crud! You will feel soooooo much better with thyroid meds!

As far as leg cramps (sorry missed who oriitginally posted this): make sure you don't take your potassium and mag/calcium at same time. I got cramps a few timrs when I did this b/c body couldn't absorb potassium.

My hubby is hoing to be home from Germany tonight...hooray! I'm proud I didn't emotionally eat my way through this week as a single mom. Winning! I have not weighed today (since i'm gping batty)...may try to hold out until Weds if i can. I am really working on patience.

Big NSV was a friend I haven't seen in 6 weeks telling me my hips melted off. (I still see them...but hooray!).
Old 06-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Lisa: The Horseradish festival is only about 15 min from me!
You're way closer than we are. Next year I'll get the bloody Mary's
We didn't go due to weather. Tornado sirens going off in STLCO. Problems are south of us but keep track & make sure they don't head to you.
We cancelled plans for the Verizon concert tonite due to storms (glad we didn't have tix yet)

Headed to Ballpark Village tomorrow to watch Cards game. Come & join the fun!
Closed Thread