3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296511-home-90%25-occasional-slip-up-zone-volume-3-a.html)

mrskuby 06-06-2014 07:45 AM

:o I drank wine last night. :o But it was good! AND I am down another pound! That's 5 lbs in 4 days! Yes, it's water but I'm still glad it's gone! Water still feels like fat when I'm carrying it around!

Have a great day everybody!!:wave:

NotCoolEnough 06-06-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskuby (Post 5018407)
:o I drank wine last night. :o But it was good! AND I am down another pound! That's 5 lbs in 4 days! Yes, it's water but I'm still glad it's gone! Water still feels like fat when I'm carrying it around!

Have a great day everybody!!:wave:

I had wine last night too! I blame my sister. I needed to stop by her house and she was having one, so... I had a couple sips. Of course, then I wanted more and I considered stopping to buy a bottle on my way home. But I didn't! I told myself to go home, eat dinner, and if I still really wanted some later I could go out and buy a bottle - knowing, of course, that I wouldn't want to leave once I got home. So I kept it at those few sips. I'm actually really proud of myself for that!

mrskuby 06-06-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough (Post 5018536)
I had wine last night too! I blame my sister. I needed to stop by her house and she was having one, so... I had a couple sips. Of course, then I wanted more and I considered stopping to buy a bottle on my way home. But I didn't! I told myself to go home, eat dinner, and if I still really wanted some later I could go out and buy a bottle - knowing, of course, that I wouldn't want to leave once I got home. So I kept it at those few sips. I'm actually really proud of myself for that!

That's great! Stay strong! I do the same thing...if it's not in the house, chances are I won't go out to get it later!

NotCoolEnough 06-09-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskuby (Post 5017271)
Your experience sounds so much like mine! I don't really "cheat" (cookies, chips, ice cream, etc) I just use my judgement on what ingredients to cook with or if I'm stuck without anything OP, then I follow low carb rules just to get through.

Okay, I do sometimes cheat with a glass or two of wine...but I'll suffer the consequences quietly! :^:

I took a page from your playbook and had a little wine this weekend. Before IP, I could have over a bottle before I needed to worry I'd have a hangover the next day. I drank a little over half the bottle on Saturday night. Sure enough, hung over yesterday. It wasn't bad, but it made me realize I need to be very very careful with it. I love wine and the idea of giving it up for months while I do this was pretty heartbreaking.

The good news, I'm still in ketosis and the scale is still moving down. I already knew my weight loss would probably be slower than many others, so if a little wine slows me down a little more I'll be ok with it. It will make my time OP a little bit more enjoyable. It'll also make saying no to other things easier. When I first started (oh, so long ago... today makes the end of week 2) I realized I had given up pretty much everything I loved. I quit smoking a while back, had to quit drinking for the diet, gave up carbs and sugar... Allowing myself a little wine sometimes helps a lot in making me not feel like I've given up all of my vices completely.

murphypuppy 06-09-2014 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=NotCoolEnough;5020318]I took a page from your playbook and had a little wine this weekend. Before IP, I could have over a bottle before I needed to worry I'd have a hangover the next day. I drank a little over half the bottle on Saturday night. Sure enough, hung over yesterday. It wasn't bad, but it made me realize I need to be very very careful with it. I love wine and the idea of giving it up for months while I do this was pretty heartbreaking.

I had wine this weekend at a friend's birthday party. I also ate things that I shouldn't have. This is the first week since I started this diet that I have not lost anything. I felt pretty hungover as well. I wonder why our tolerance is so low on this diet? Is it because we eat so little or is it because we just don't drink often?
I am beginning to feel the diet fatigue. Gotta just keep plugging along!

NotCoolEnough 06-09-2014 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=murphypuppy;5020340]
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough (Post 5020318)
I took a page from your playbook and had a little wine this weekend. Before IP, I could have over a bottle before I needed to worry I'd have a hangover the next day. I drank a little over half the bottle on Saturday night. Sure enough, hung over yesterday. It wasn't bad, but it made me realize I need to be very very careful with it. I love wine and the idea of giving it up for months while I do this was pretty heartbreaking.

I had wine this weekend at a friend's birthday party. I also ate things that I shouldn't have. This is the first week since I started this diet that I have not lost anything. I felt pretty hungover as well. I wonder why our tolerance is so low on this diet? Is it because we eat so little or is it because we just don't drink often?
I am beginning to feel the diet fatigue. Gotta just keep plugging along!

From my searching the internet, which as we know is always accurate on everything, I think it may have to do with how your body processes alcohol. For instance, a little alcohol won't kick you out of ketosis but it will halt it temporarily - you will stop actively burning fat while your body burns the alcohol. That part I got from the internet. My guess is this results in it being processed faster, which is why you feel the effects quicker and get the hangover easier. I could be wrong, but it makes sense in my head and that's good enough for me. :D

mrskuby 06-09-2014 04:05 PM

Yup, I indulged this weekend too. But I didn't eat anything that wasn't OP so I see that as a victory! I was at my friend's house for the weekend and she is an excellent baker...I won't go into details, suffice to say she had lots of goodies but I resisted and made her promise to make more once I am off IP.

As far as the effects of alcohol, I think it's a combination of not eating much food and the liver burning it quicker. But that's my guess, not scientific fact! LOL

I went to the gym this morning for kickboxing class and it was a blast! I'm trying to figure out how to workout while doing IP because I just really like my gym/classes and I don't want to go months without them! I'm planning on having 4-5 packages plus my dinner on days when I do intense workouts and less on days that aren't so intense. We'll see how it works...

I didn't step on the scale this morning but we'll see where it lands tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed for a good number so I can move my ticker!

Have great evening everyone!

kcandponies 06-09-2014 05:12 PM

Hey all!
Thanks for everyone's support here....I am quitting IP. It's not for everyone and I am not beating myself up. I have tried multiple times to be 100% and can't go more than 3-6 weeks before I just can't do it anymore.

I am going Paleo and going to experiment and see if I have food sensitivities, like to soy that made IP tough for me.
I wish everyone lots of luck on their journeys!!!!
Going through my packets tonight and anything not expired will get listed on ebay. Not sure what to do with the expired packets, I don't have much except I know I have 5 packets of soy patty - I did not like those. My other Nashua alternatives will get packed in a Hurricane kit - (Houston resident) Just in case!!!!!

IP43 06-09-2014 05:40 PM

Good luck on your Paleo efforts. I think that's the way a lot of IP maintainers seem to go. I love that it is the "caveman" diet :jig:-- when I start eating that way, I officially give up shaving my legs! LOL
Thanks for checking in and checking out with us. Be sure to pop in and let us know how you are finding the Paleo!~

IP43 06-09-2014 05:46 PM

I'm not sure who reads what threads so sorry if this is a repeat. But in discussing wine, we mentioned last week that a glass sets you back 3 days = 3x$12. If you think of that as a $36 glass of wine, it may make you either trade it for the sparkling MIO, or at least make you enjoy and savour it all the more, as it's an expensive indulgence.

I actually went to a party and did carry around a glass of wine all night, but I literally poured 2 sips into the glass. I had one sip to taste the wine and I didn't have to bother explaining why I wasn't drinking etc. If anyone offered more, I could just wave the glass and say, "gotta drive, so no more for me" .... ah the funny games we play! LOL

mrskuby 06-10-2014 02:21 PM

Just checking in! I'm down 3 lbs this week! Could've been more maybe if I skipped the wine but I also did kickboxing yesterday and I'm pretty sore today so that might have contributed. Either way, I'm okay with 3 lbs!

kcandponies, best of luck to you! I'm curious to know how it works out for you! I hope you come back and let us know!

Have a great day everybody!

Sheena1966 06-10-2014 08:26 PM

Hi all

I thought I would join this thread because I'm not 100% at anything in my life. I am way too easy going about things. I wish I had the self control some people have but hey.. I've decided that is who I am and I am going to embrace it instead of putting myself down. So here I am!

I am on the alternate protocol so it helps a lot. I still have problems getting picky about the odd salad dressing or cream and sugar in my one coffee a day or having exactly all of the veggies. I am striving to get better at the veggies. In the meantime I have lost 3 lbs in the 5 official days I have been on the program. I will be happy with 4. I had a bump when I was trying to do regular protocol and got really dizzy and a heart pain (I have Arrythmia). I think it was the potassium. Anyway I downed a bunch of carbs to get myself stabilized. At that time I wasn't thinking about the potassium. I have a dr appointment tomorrow to see if I should stay on alternate protocol and keep skipping potassium. We shall see.

Looking forward to sharing and getting to know you all. :)

IP43 06-10-2014 09:19 PM

Hi Sheena and welcome! When I restarted I was doing 90% -- well maybe even 80% for over a month and I had slow and steady losses. I felt really good that I was losing while eating real food -- no packs yet. So that inspired me that I CAN do this after with an IP style of eating and lose slowly if I need to. I considered the alternate protocol because I love the idea of being able to have some fruit in the summer once a day. However, that being said, I want to get this weight off faster so I'm trying to kick it more towards the 100%. If I find it too tough, the alternate protocol looks like a good one, so I look forward to hearing how you are finding it as you go. Keep us posted!

mrskuby 06-11-2014 09:41 AM

Thanks, Mars735! I'm pretty happy with it!

Hi Sheena1966, I am also looking forward to hearing how you do on the alternate protocol. It sounds like you'll be well on your way once you figure out the potassium thing!

Last night I made pizza chicken. I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs, topped them with a premade chimichurri pesto type stuff, baked them in the oven for 15 minutes. Then I added slices of tomato and pepperoni and mozz cheese (on DH's). Baked them for another couple of minutes and they were fantastic! We had broccoli as a side...not the greatest combination but I'm running low on fresh veggies again.

Rode my motorcycle in today but apparently I drive slower on my bike cause I was late for my class at the gym. That's okay though, it was great to be back on the bike! Nice early morning ride without too much traffic!

Have a great day!!

Sheena1966 06-11-2014 03:39 PM

Hello

I went to my doc today and she said I am all good to do the regular protocol! I guess the potassium had nothing to do with it though she is going to monitor my levels. Have to go in for bloodwork today. It must have been the ketosis kicking in that made me all wonky. So now I am starting back at the beginning!

That pizza chicken sounds yummy!