Old 06-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #1  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Default Non-food ways to reward yourself...

We have all heard it before - "You're not a dog, don't reward yourself with food."

So far, I went for a pedicure after the first 10 lbs, and then I rewarded myself with extra yarn $$$ after 20 lbs. (Woohoo! Weight loss AND cushy yarn!) So far, so good, but now I'm looking for some more ideas...

How do you celebrate your weight loss success? What are your favorite nonfood rewards?
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #2  

I buy a charm or spacer for my Brighton charm bracelet for "big" or milestone losses. It's not as pricey as other companies and each one I pick has meaning to me.
GraceRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 333/190/155

Height: 5'8"

This is something that I've always struggled with! But lately, my rewards are doing things that I couldn't before. One thing I treated myself to was a pair of snowshoes during the winter. Most snowshoes have a max weight of 250 or so. Once I got below that, I got them and LOVE being able to use them. It's something I always wanted, but couldn't have. I also took a kayaking class a few weekends ago. I was confident I wouldn't sink the boat!! ;-)
emilysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #4  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Trying to think of how to reward myself for -25. I think Friday I might treat myself to a gel manicure and pedicure (the pricey stuff!) but I'm not sure. I don't love the idea of replacing reward eating with reward spending but I think it's important to treat yourself sometimes. My ultimate reward though once I've lost all the weight is to go on a tropical vacation where maybe I'll be able to wear a bikini for the first time ever.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I made a list of some things I want but would not buy as a "fat person"
On the list is a nice leather jacket, new cowboy boots, show clothes (very expensive and fat people don't ride horses!) some silver jewelry.
I am thinking about selling some clothes that get too big to buy reward items. It helps to have motivation to keep you going.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/147/125- 10 weeks in

Height: 5'3

When I hit goal I plan to go to Jean Therapy and buy a ridiculously overpriced pair of fancy jeans that I have always wanted to own!
nolamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I gave myself a bunch of goodies along the way - mostly new clothes but also books I wanted, massages, new shoes, kitchen appliances, etc., etc. I also did museum trips and movies.

When I hit goal I had all my rings resized so I could wear them again (not the costume stuff, only the good stuff). I actually have had my wedding band done twice.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I gave myself a bunch of goodies along the way - mostly new clothes but also books I wanted, massages, new shoes, kitchen appliances, etc., etc. I also did museum trips and movies.

When I hit goal I had all my rings resized so I could wear them again (not the costume stuff, only the good stuff). I actually have had my wedding band done twice.
Those are great ideas to reward yourself! I treated myself to a pedicure last week and I bought some scented Epsom Salt and soak nightly, it's heavenly!!

Amazingly enough my wedding ring has fit me for the past 12 years and 80lbs!! It gets a little looser, but I am able to wear it at my lowest and heaviest weight. Strange... I can't wait to be able to wear my other rings though, they don't fit anymore.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolamommy View Post
When I hit goal I plan to go to Jean Therapy and buy a ridiculously overpriced pair of fancy jeans that I have always wanted to own!
ME TOO!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

The clinic I go to for IP gives us rewards along the way. When I lost 15lbs I got a free facial. My coach forgot to tell me that when I joined up so it was a nice surprise. I haven't asked when the next reward is because it's so nice to have somebody say, oh yes, congrats on making it to...and we are giving you this reward!!
I also rewarded myself today by ordering a food processor!!!
sweetharmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

I hit 30 lbs today I'm buying myself a purse.
When I hit my goal, DH and I are going to St. Lucia
dangeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #12  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I got mine resized, too. I felt naked without them all fall and winter. Now I need to get some of my other ones (non-wedding) resized, and look to buy some decent costume pieces, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I am thinking about selling some clothes that get too big to buy reward items. It helps to have motivation to keep you going.
Any ideas on how to sell used clothes? Mine are not fancy, big-name items, but if I could sell, say, four tops for $20, it would at least be a drop in the bucket of all I am spending on new clothes and shoes...
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #13  

Any ideas on how to sell used clothes? Mine are not fancy, big-name items, but if I could sell, say, four tops for $20, it would at least be a drop in the bucket of all I am spending on new clothes and shoes...[/QUOTE]

You could take them to a consignment shop, if you have those in your area. Or if you have Face Book you can see if you have a Buy/Trade/Sell community in your area.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/224/160

Height: 5-6

I have been trying to focus on time rewards rather than pounds rewards. for example, if I am on plan for 6 weeks, I get a massage. There is a vacation in there so that is a big reward for me. I also plan to get myself a "way to go" necklace, maybe at 12 weeks. And there will be little "you've hit a rough spot- make it through this week and we go to the movies" rewards along the way. I have always been a really slow loser so this is a way to keep me motivated while focusing on what I can control.
arich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #15  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

I've done this myself for every 10lbs I lose.
10lbs - Mani/Pedi and a last minute trip to Hawaii
20lbs- Urban Decay's Naked Pallette 2
30lbs - New Purse/Wallet
40lbs - Clairisonic Plus - this was my half way mark so I wanted it to be big
50lbs - started buying myself clothes, I've ran out of too small clothes
60lbs - bought more smaller clothes for work and weekends
70-80lbs - I'm still on the fence as to how much weight I really want to lose but, I want to buy a swimsuit and a western belt that is a whole lot of bling, and more clothes.

I've given all my too big clothes to a co-worker who has 4 kids and her husband is currently unemployed. She really needed work clothes especially. I've given her two huge bags and have two more to go. I'm happy she has the need and I can help meet that need.
Johnsdeere is offline   Reply With Quote