Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #31  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Julyz.......sorry I can't be more delicate but, when was the last time you had a BM. The Big C can really keep the scale at a standstill. I'm sorry for the gain but, maybe this is the culpret?
Two minutes before I weighed myself. I've been fortunate to not have to deal with the constipation issue. I eat two salads a day and the dinner salad I eat after my protein meal; helps keep everything regular.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/199/140

Height: 5'3

Default Body Fat Measuring device question

Yesterday my husband and I had oour 4th weigh in and it was the smallest loss thus far but alas, still a loss. I am down another 2.8 lbs for a 4 week total of 18 and he was down another 4 lbs for a 4 week total of 40lbs.

Our coach re-does the body fat composition t est every 4 weeks so it was time to run the test. It showed that we had both lost more lbs in th elean category than in the fat category so she asked us if we had "cheated" and we have not. She said she had to ask as she sees this result for one of two reasons, 1. the person is eating too many carbs, or 2. its early on in the weight loss process so the % of lean lost could be contributed to more water weight. Then she said there are some coaches that dont even use the body fat test because they feel its not very accurate.

I was a little offended that she jumped right to the "are you cheating question" because we are not. Has anyone else had these results? Is this machine really even that accurate?

Thx and have a great day everyone

S/C: 223/205
Husbands S/C: 350/310
Old 06-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
WI today...officially in onederland! Trying to not let my rough night last night dampen the celebration. Saying byebye to 200s FOREVER!

I think I'm going to toss out my scale at home, it's also driving me crazy!
Congrats! Onederland is awesome, isn't it?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Default Husbands Birthday dinner tonight - what to do?

In my second week of Wonderslim "core". Have not eaten out yet...so I looked at the menu of the restaurant we are going to and see some viable selections for a lean/green dinner. I am concerned I may break down and have a glass of wine - which I read can mess things up! Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 236/236/179

Height: 5'4

I've been on IP since 2/10/14. My goal 50 lbs by 7/10/14. My daughter gets married on the 12 of July. I'm down 48.5 with a month to spare. I'm going to just keep going bc it's the only plan I've found myself being true to. I bit hungry today which is a rare occurrence. But I find faith in the fact that I made it through 11 "no-school / snow days" and that was when I was just getting the hang of things. I'm inspired by all of your posts to keep going! Weigh in is Thursday. Here's hoping to hit that 50 lb mark.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole12 View Post
Yesterday my husband and I had oour 4th weigh in and it was the smallest loss thus far but alas, still a loss. I am down another 2.8 lbs for a 4 week total of 18 and he was down another 4 lbs for a 4 week total of 40lbs.

Our coach re-does the body fat composition t est every 4 weeks so it was time to run the test. It showed that we had both lost more lbs in th elean category than in the fat category so she asked us if we had "cheated" and we have not. She said she had to ask as she sees this result for one of two reasons, 1. the person is eating too many carbs, or 2. its early on in the weight loss process so the % of lean lost could be contributed to more water weight. Then she said there are some coaches that dont even use the body fat test because they feel its not very accurate.

I was a little offended that she jumped right to the "are you cheating question" because we are not. Has anyone else had these results? Is this machine really even that accurate?

There was a video just the other day from Dr. Wilkinson explaining the BCA (Body Composition Analysis) and the gist of it was that it is not always accurate. Just as the scale is not always accurate. If you have a high hydration amount it takes longer for the electrical current to travel through your body and this shows up as a smaller fat loss. There are so many variables and just like the scale measurement, this is just one moment in time. It's just another method to look at losses. Both you and your husband are loosing, inches and pounds, right? So it's a win. I don't put to much stock in the numbers each time as a singular guidepost.

They all make up a small part of the big picture, which is, you're loosing. And that is what we are all here for.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
There was a video just the other day from Dr. Wilkinson explaining the BCA (Body Composition Analysis) and the gist of it was that it is not always accurate. Just as the scale is not always accurate. If you have a high hydration amount it takes longer for the electrical current to travel through your body and this shows up as a smaller fat loss. There are so many variables and just like the scale measurement, this is just one moment in time. It's just another method to look at losses. Both you and your husband are loosing, inches and pounds, right? So it's a win. I don't put to much stock in the numbers each time as a singular guidepost.

They all make up a small part of the big picture, which is, you're loosing. And that is what we are all here for.
Thank you Catlady1981. We are both losing inches/pounds and feel great so I am going to take your advice and call it just one point in time and we are making progress towards our goals.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #38  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole12 View Post

Nicole - Do not let the body fat machine worry you. Those machines, in my experience, are not terribly accurate and more useful for just information/trends than anything else.

Remember, lean body mass includes everything that isn't fat. So water, muscle, organs, blood, connective tissue, etc., etc. There are a myriad of reasons why it would show you losing LBM as opposed to fat at any given time - less water in your system, less undigested food - you get the idea.

As far as your coach jumping right to the "are you cheating" question - you might let her know that it offended you especially since you lost weight. You and your hubby are doing great! Remember, you are paying your coach a lot of money for this program - you deserve to be treated with respect.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #39  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for the hoorays and encouragement! Now I just have to figure out what my next mini goal should be...
Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #40  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
WI today...officially in onederland! Trying to not let my rough night last night dampen the celebration. Saying byebye to 200s FOREVER!

I think I'm going to toss out my scale at home, it's also driving me crazy!
Congratulations!!! I have a similar goal, onederland by my beach vacation only mine is next week, it's going to be a close call I'm now at 202. LOL I'm so happy for you great job!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #41  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Two minutes before I weighed myself. I've been fortunate to not have to deal with the constipation issue. I eat two salads a day and the dinner salad I eat after my protein meal; helps keep everything regular.
Hmmm....I wouldn't be surprised if you see a decrease in the next couple of days then. Eatting on plan, drinking water, it might be a sodium thing...who knows. Fluke is what I call it. Don't let the scale get you down.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Nicole - Do not let the body fat machine worry you. Those machines, in my experience, are not terribly accurate and more useful for just information/trends than anything else.

Remember, lean body mass includes everything that isn't fat. So water, muscle, organs, blood, connective tissue, etc., etc. There are a myriad of reasons why it would show you losing LBM as opposed to fat at any given time - less water in your system, less undigested food - you get the idea.

As far as your coach jumping right to the "are you cheating" question - you might let her know that it offended you especially since you lost weight. You and your hubby are doing great! Remember, you are paying your coach a lot of money for this program - you deserve to be treated with respect.
Thank you Ruth Ann for clarifying LBM and making me feel more confident in our losses. I think I will let her know how I felt and that I am very honest and would be up front if I slipped up, which I wont do because I need this and many slips got me here in the first place.

Thanks again!
-Nicole
Old 06-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #43  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Congratulations!!! I have a similar goal, onederland by my beach vacation only mine is next week, it's going to be a close call I'm now at 202. LOL I'm so happy for you great job!!!
Thank you and good luck! 2 pounds in a week is totally doable, you can do it!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #44  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Work has been crazy lately and I often haven't been able to stop for lunch. I eat my crisps and one cup of celery at my desk but don't seem to get around to my salad/veggies. Sometimes I eat the veggies I the car on the way home but some days the drive is too short
My question is - should I cram all three remaining cups at dinner or just skip the cup I missed. I'm worried about too many carbs at once.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

This is my 8th week on IP. Anyone else having trouble with TOM? I'm not due to have one till next week but have been spotting everyday for the last week. I NEVER do that. I know hormones are released from the fat cells as you lose but does this sound ok?
Closed Thread