Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Catlady1981: Maybe a couple of other things to look at? Are you using any water additives (ie: Mio) or WF products - these things have fractions of carbs in them and if used a fair bit can add up without us realizing it (This was an info sheet from my coach), also are you still faithfully measuring or just eyeballing food amounts. Sometimes that can get out of hand, too.

Please note, this is not to suggest that you are doing things wrong, since your weight and (hopefully) measurements are exactly where they should be by this time. It can seem like forever when you are close to goal. Try making your protein choices meatier ones like pork or beef and make sure you get all your fats in. That can help. Perhaps your body is just working on other positives like blood sugar levels, etc. You ARE still losing, just not as quickly as you'd like, but you are going in the right direction! So YAAAY, you!

Liana
Old 06-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Hi Notcoolenough - I think it is normal to be ++emotional ++irritable when when changing how we eat, cutting out comfort foods etc. I know for me eating was a way of dealing with difficult emotions or to avoid emotions, now that I am not not eating like that I have more of those feelings. It gets better as you learn more about yourself and how to deal with those feelings. I also "grieved" to the loss of those comfort foods and would get annoyed when I saw people eat them. Now it doesn't bother me, I will estimate the calories on their plates and think to myself "it's not worth it".

It terms of constipation I have taken IP product, florax, and that has been helpful. Maybe you should try some of the products that arent' soy based and see if that helps.

hang in there.

Happy Monday everyone. Have a great day!
Thanks, Jenny. I quit smoking eight months ago and I had read that it can cause depression. It took me about a month to figure out what was going on and I took myself to the doctor. I would cry all the time for no reason! I remember one night convincing myself that my BF wanted to break up with me and was only staying with me out of pity. I was glad some pills cleared that up quickly! This feels similar just not nearly as bad. Crying (for a reason, just disproportional to the offense), being incredibly short tempered, etc. I don't know that I have really been an emotional eater, although we probably all are to an extent. I'm a big fan of wine, and when I get upset and irritable all I want is a glass of wine! I'm fortunate to have a supportive BF (who did NOT want to break up with me all those months ago) who talked me off the figurative ledge the other night.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Catlady1981: Maybe a couple of other things to look at? Are you using any water additives (ie: Mio) or WF products - these things have fractions of carbs in them and if used a fair bit can add up without us realizing it (This was an info sheet from my coach), also are you still faithfully measuring or just eyeballing food amounts. Sometimes that can get out of hand, too.

Please note, this is not to suggest that you are doing things wrong, since your weight and (hopefully) measurements are exactly where they should be by this time. It can seem like forever when you are close to goal. Try making your protein choices meatier ones like pork or beef and make sure you get all your fats in. That can help. Perhaps your body is just working on other positives like blood sugar levels, etc. You ARE still losing, just not as quickly as you'd like, but you are going in the right direction! So YAAAY, you!

Liana
Thanks for your reply. I'm not using any kind of additive in my water. I have WF syrup maybe 3x/wk on my waffle at breakfast. On Sat. & Sun. I make a coffee drink w/WF Caramel. Maybe I should cut that out. I have been eating a lot of chicken, turkey and fish, so I'll try upping the beef and pork. I have 1 tsp. of EVOO a day at dinner. I use Pam to stir fry or cook meat in my Swiss non stick skillet. I am still measuring my veg every time. And also weighing out my meat before cooking.

I just don't get why he is suggesting a 4th packet. That seems wrong. I am not exercising so I just don't understand. I guess I need to talk to him about it some more.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #19  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I'm not using any kind of additive in my water. I have WF syrup maybe 3x/wk on my waffle at breakfast. On Sat. & Sun. I make a coffee drink w/WF Caramel. Maybe I should cut that out. I have been eating a lot of chicken, turkey and fish, so I'll try upping the beef and pork. I have 1 tsp. of EVOO a day at dinner. I use Pam to stir fry or cook meat in my Swiss non stick skillet. I am still measuring my veg every time. And also weighing out my meat before cooking.

I just don't get why he is suggesting a 4th packet. That seems wrong. I am not exercising so I just don't understand. I guess I need to talk to him about it some more.
Sounds like you have gone too low fat (sounds weird, doesn't it?). I found I lost better if I got 2 tsp of olive oil in and used beef, etc. rather than the lowest fat meat I could find all the time (mixed it up between chicken, pork, beef). Fat is essential to our bodies.

I'm stumped on the 4th packet too. Never heard of adding one when you are still losing and not in the higher weight category.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Sounds like you have gone too low fat (sounds weird, doesn't it?). I found I lost better if I got 2 tsp of olive oil in and used beef, etc. rather than the lowest fat meat I could find all the time (mixed it up between chicken, pork, beef). Fat is essential to our bodies.

I'm stumped on the 4th packet too. Never heard of adding one when you are still losing and not in the higher weight category.

Thanks Ruth Ann. I was wondering about fat as well. When I was doing Paleo, they always said to make sure you got enough fats because the body needs it. I'll up the evoo to 2tsp a day this week and see what happens.

I know I've seen people here say that sometimes an increase in carbs can jumpstart losses as well. Maybe not eating restricted for the last 5 weeks figures into it too.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizajuse View Post
I cheated a little bit this weekend.....I had a couple of my daughter's french fries at dinner last night and a few chips with salsa at a friend's dinner party on Saturday night. I hate feeling guilty about it. I had a great momentum going and was only IP during the work week which was great. I had a huge loss (my biggest one yet) from the week prior. One month and one day in, 21 days till my best friend's wedding and I hope I hope I hope I fit into my bridesmaid dress!!! AH!!!
Hey lizajuse, I had something similar too, although I was at one of those eat-in movie places. I tried to be good, and got the turkey burger bowl (salad instead of bun), but got a bunch of non-approved veggies in the dark. Was hungry, so just ate it.

But, the rest of the weekend and today have been good and OP. Sometimes we slip up - we're human! Hope you are back on track and hang in there, you seem to be doing so well so far! I am sure you'll make it into that bridesmaid's dress!

Last edited by lycheetea; 06-02-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #22  
Started IP 6-2-14

Hi all - Day 1 with alternatives for me! I'm not sure I know what I'm doing yet but I started, lol. Breakfast was a cafe americano (plain) and I added half a vanilla Premeir Protein. I got all my food prepped yesterday and am ready to go!

I went to Wally World this morning and found good matches for 2 of the IP supplements but not the potassium/calcium. The multi I got has enough calcium to cover it but the only potassium choices they had were the wrong kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Happy Monday!
On track and 100% on plan. We had the big-mac-in-a-bowl last night, yummmy!!!

Found that Albertsons has are variety of WF products, also found that most are awful :-/

WI on Wednesday and although I'm 100% OP I am nervous still :-/ This program is so hard and if I'm not seeing substantial results I know my commitment won't be as strong. That's just my personality I'm afraid.

After buying several cartons of EAS RTD drinks I realized they are soy, which is a health nightmare, are the Premier drinks at Costco an OK alternative?
Hi Julz! Thanks for the reminder about big mac in a bowl. I don't eat beef but want to try that with a turkey burger

I tried 2 Albertson's today but neither carried WF, boo hoo. They're listed on the WF site/store locator so I was pretty disappointed. Guess I'll order online. Glad you found them though.

I hope your WI on Wednesday goes your way but if not, please hang in there. I'm counting on you who started before me to keep me going (no pressure, ha ha). I'm like you, though ... wanting to quit if I don't see the results I expect so I hope that doesn't happen for either of us. We need to stick it out and it WILL work!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Default Walden Farms

Where in the store do you find the Walden Farms products, since they make a variety? As in, salad dressing aisle, condiments, with the other chocolate sauces (for the dessert), specialty or organic food section? Just curious so I don't traipse all over the store looking for it!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Where in the store do you find the Walden Farms products, since they make a variety? As in, salad dressing aisle, condiments, with the other chocolate sauces (for the dessert), specialty or organic food section? Just curious so I don't traipse all over the store looking for it!
If a grocery store is selling it, they will usually have a "Diet Food" Section. That is where I have found it, sometimes But then some stores have it mixed in. WF salad dressing with Wishbone, BBQ sauce with other BBQ sauce, etc. And I found the dessert sauces on the aisle where they sell ice cream cones.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I often find it mixed in with the "regular" products... Salad dressings BOTH in the dressing section of the produce department AND the bottled dressing (be sure to get the 0/0/0 as they have some labeled Sugar Free but they DO gave carbs and fats!

Jelly with jellies and syrups with syrups...
Old 06-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Happy Monday!
On track and 100% on plan. We had the big-mac-in-a-bowl last night, yummmy!!!

Found that Albertsons has are variety of WF products, also found that most are awful :-/

WI on Wednesday and although I'm 100% OP I am nervous still :-/ This program is so hard and if I'm not seeing substantial results I know my commitment won't be as strong. That's just my personality I'm afraid.

After buying several cartons of EAS RTD drinks I realized they are soy, which is a health nightmare, are the Premier drinks at Costco an OK alternative?
Hey Julz, I've found that I have to add a bit of Cholula sauce to all my salads with WF salad dressings to make it palatable. Although, the Italian dressing is pretty good by itself.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! Stick with it, you will NOT be sorry!!

And Big Mac in a Bowl is a favorite with not only DH, but the kiddos also! They love it when I make that!

Last edited by Suchawittygal; 06-02-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Yay! I'm so happy!! My company just updated my computer with IE 10 and I can now log on again from work! I've been kinda missing in action since I couldn't log on with my old version of IE, now I'm back in business! Watch out folks, Suchawittygal is BACK IN THE BUILDING! LOL
Old 06-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #28  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I have been really dragging the past two days. Nothing new about my eating and am finally not on TOM. Does this happen the closer to goal weight? I don't feel hungry, just really tired like I need a nap. Only had my one cup of coffee this AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm back!! After taking all of my summer clothes out and realizing that non of them fit, I did a reality check. Love clothes shopping and purchased a great wardrobe after losing my weight on IP last year. Am determined to get back into my size 8 and size 6. Total I am wearing a size 12 and do not like the way I feel.

Last go around I used a coach and mostly IP food. This time I am going to give all alternative foods a try. If I cannot do it on my own I will go back to seeing the coach. Loved my coach but would like to save the money.

This board was part of my daily life before and all the wonderful people here were my cheerleaders. Now, that I signed back onto the board - it is real!

The last go around, I wanted to look great for our son's wedding. With the help of IP and this board, my goal was accomplished. The sad this is, as soon as the wedding was over, I let myself eat like miss piggy.

Today is day one of my reboot. I can do this. Today I weighed 159, so I need to lose somewhere between 20-25 pounds.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #30  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Not quite in onederland yet, but that's ok, still sitting at 202, can't complain about a 5lb loss in one week! The teetering and almost there is motivating and makes the day exciting. One week till my big vacation and I'm pretty sure at the least I'll be on the plane at 199! LOL which means I'll have met my goal to get under 200 by vacation day (despite some set backs).
Closed Thread