Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #46  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post

I'm not sure if you have "Renee's" dressings in the States -- they'd be in the refrigerated section. I like their Tuscan Italian for a 0/0/0:
Thanks for mentioning this. A friend brought it to our lunch today. I only looked at the ingredients and turned it down because of the carrot juice in it. I didn't look to see that it was 0/0/0. I've been making my own Italian but it would be nice to have something quick too.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnemt View Post
I am wondering if anyone has noticed a need for additional sleep while on IP? I've found myself having a heck of a time waking up some mornings. I have pulmonary issues so it could be related to that, but with 20 lbs. less of me, I figure I should be full of vim and vigor.
Overall I feel less dragged down but yes I do feel like I need a nap most days. Now if only I could take one.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #48  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I just played those games, bounced around between 207 and 210 for a few weeks, (one week was my own fault) but I'd be down up, even got to 205 for a few days and then back up to 207. Not sure why or how and I don't care why or how but I dumped 5lbs this week and I'm not going back lol, under 200 is gonna be great and it's going to be extra great when I'm under 200 no matter what time of day it is.
It was very frustrating for me to be well under 200 at home in the morning but above 200 at the clinic by afternoon. I think you are on your own now so at least you don't have to play that game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnemt View Post
I am wondering if anyone has noticed a need for additional sleep while on IP? I've found myself having a heck of a time waking up some mornings. I have pulmonary issues so it could be related to that, but with 20 lbs. less of me, I figure I should be full of vim and vigor.
I'm fine in the morning. The animals wake me at 5 and I'm good to go, but I can't stay awake past 10 and I sleep like a rock. By the weekend I often have to have a nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
I hope I never show a gain in the early stages. I started May 2, a month ago...so far losing every week. Such an easy diet! I am all about the 100% no cheat following...my next WI will be Wed morning...the last three days the scale is showing up 4.8 pounds.

As of my last WI I lost 13.6 total in the first 27 days. Not sure what to make of the scale being up so much the last few days...can a big gain happen early on the diet like this for no reason? Female age 54 so no it is not a girls "monthly' issue going on. I am even increasing my water but the scale is still holding with this big gain. Could it be by Wed all this and more will just come off before the WI? I hope so.
That is a big jump. Have you had hidden carbs? If you have come out of ketosis your glycogen stores can add 3 pounds. Although not likely if you are 100% OP. Could it be the big C? Is your scale in a different spot? Changes in the flooring can effect it. Even tho that just sounds superstitious!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

In case anyone could use a laugh:
I like to partially freeze a RTD chocolate shake for my evening snack. Well I just dropped the cup as I was taking it out of the freezer, and it went EVERYWHERE! I was covered in brown specks. I looked like a horror movie reject. But the loud "NOOOOOOO" scream that came out over the lost shake scared my kids more.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #50  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
...the last three days the scale is showing up 4.8 pounds. As of my last WI I lost 13.6 total in the first 27 days. Not sure what to make of the scale being up so much the last few days...
Just a question -- water retention can happen if there is injury due to swelling etc. Do you have anything like that that has happened (twisted ankle or something?) What about arthritis? This crazy weather is making my mom's arthritis flare up like crazy. I'm not sure if that would affect results that much but it's one possibility....
Old 06-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #51  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
In case anyone could use a laugh:
I like to partially freeze a RTD chocolate shake for my evening snack. Well I just dropped the cup as I was taking it out of the freezer, and it went EVERYWHERE! I was covered in brown specks. I looked like a horror movie reject. But the loud "NOOOOOOO" scream that came out over the lost shake scared my kids more.
I'm the same when they ask to share something I've bought or cooked. I'm like "each of those chips is about 69 cents and I only get 10 of them so NO you can NOT just have "one bite"... " My husband was in "cupboard cleaning mode" and cooked up 4 packs of my Rotini pasta for us all to eat one night. I said "Enjoy each bite... we're eating $16 of pasta". Needless to say, he doesn't touch the space packs anymore! LOL
Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #52  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
I'm the same when they ask to share something I've bought or cooked. I'm like "each of those chips is about 69 cents and I only get 10 of them so NO you can NOT just have "one bite"... " My husband was in "cupboard cleaning mode" and cooked up 4 packs of my Rotini for us all to eatit tne night. I said "Enjoy each bite... we're eating $16 of pasta". Needless to say, he doesn't touch the space packs anymore! LOL
$16 pasta....love it!

My kids constantly drool over my IP wafers, puddings and shakes. No way i'm sharing! Good news is that they are eating a lot more of my healthy lean meats, too. They love my garlic grilled chicken and devoured my salmon and Mahi Mahi out to eat. I just bought some salmon for everyone. Excited to fix it at home!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I hope I never show a gain in the early stages. I started May 2, a month ago...so far losing every week. Such an easy diet! I am all about the 100% no cheat following...my next WI will be Wed morning...the last three days the scale is showing up 4.8 pounds.

As of my last WI I lost 13.6 total in the first 27 days. Not sure what to make of the scale being up so much the last few days...can a big gain happen early on the diet like this for no reason? Female age 54 so no it is not a girls "monthly' issue going on. I am even increasing my water but the scale is still holding with this big gain. Could it be by Wed all this and more will just come off before the WI? I hope so.
It takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound of fat, so unless you have been going to town... No, you have not "really" gained. There are many reasons one can show up pounds (many have already been mentioned) so just "Keep on keeping on...." On plan, that is!

It is doubtful you will be up that much at weigh-in, but it is possible you could be up a bit. That just happens sometimes. Your overall downward trend is wonderful, so if you are up a but, just know it will come down again soon. You know you are 100% so DON'T WORRY!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #54  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
hmmm... thanks... I don't want them for anything except an occasional pizza on my dry as a bone crust and to keep my cauli-buns from fallin' apart -- I like my buns firm (hee hee)
I like my buns firm as well!!! BUAHAHA pizza is what I used it for.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #55  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Rough night OP tonight. Took my friend out for dinner for her birthday. Her friend was the chef so I even got to talk to her directly about my restrictions, but what I ordered was not what I thought, and I didn't want to make a fuss so I ended up boxing it up to take home and give to someone else. I did eat a brussel sprouts appetizer that was filling but pretty sure there was sugar in it. Frustrating to say the least. Also felt bad cause my friend felt bad with me not eating much though I said I just wasn't very hungry. *sigh* I wish I thought to suggest another activity other than dinner. We did take a long walk in the neighborhood after which was nice.

WI first thing tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 06-02-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #56  
Diane on track July 2014

I don't like brussel sprouts on a good day so to think that is all you had, and maybe THEY weren't cooked right just makes me sad! You should get an AWARD for eating brussel sprouts! ...Here...best I can do... Good for you for making a plan. It didn't work out like you hoped but you tried so there has to be "points" for that
Closed Thread