Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 169/147/125- 10 weeks in

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Where in the store do you find the Walden Farms products, since they make a variety? As in, salad dressing aisle, condiments, with the other chocolate sauces (for the dessert), specialty or organic food section? Just curious so I don't traipse all over the store looking for it!
I have found it in the produce section at my local grocery, right at the end there is a special display stand that has the dressings, sauces, syrups and fruit compotes by WF. I have no idea why they don't put them in the condiment/salad dressing section here. It took me a few passes by to find them. I also have ordered off the internet (netrition) before to get some different flavors that my store didn't carry.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #32  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
....You can also put a tiny splash of lemon or lime in your water too for variety. Sometimes I did lemon splash with a pinch of Mango Mio, tangy but slightly sweet when I just couldn't face another plain water that day.Liana
I went to a 'spa' once and they had pitchers of water with different things in it -- very refreshing. Cucumber and mint was one of them I think (or maybe lemon mint and something else with the cukes...)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
...I really like the WF chipotle ranch and WF Thousand Island. Not a fan of WF Italian dressing or WF coleslaw dressing.
I'm not sure if you have "Renee's" dressings in the States -- they'd be in the refrigerated section. I like their Tuscan Italian for a 0/0/0 vinaigrette

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Thanks, Jenny. I quit smoking eight months ago and I had read that it can cause depression. It took me about a month to figure out what was going on and I took myself to the doctor. I would cry all the time for no reason! ...
There is lots of talk about "emotions" and the case above is an excellent reminder that changes we make affects us for sure (and good for you for quitting smoking btw). Remember that our belly fat cells are the estrogen storing ones so when we're breaking those fat cells down, we have extra estrogen floating around (and we all know how dangerous that can be! LOL) So when you feel overly emotional and it's not TOM -- embrace those crazy emotions. It means you're gettin' thin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
I'm back!! After taking all of my summer clothes out and realizing that non of them fit, I did a reality check. Love clothes shopping and purchased a great wardrobe after losing my weight on IP last year. ....Today is day one of my reboot. I can do this. Today I weighed 159, so I need to lose somewhere between 20-25 pounds.

Thanks
We have a few re-starters here (Me too) so ... BACK! The good thing is we know it works and can offer advice and support to each other. It's tough to swallow that "humble pie" and come back -- but it's the only pie we're allowed with no calories or carbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
....which means I'll have met my goal to get under 200 by vacation day (despite some set backs).
You mentioned "plane"... where you off to girl?? You bringing your thong along?
Old 06-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #33  
Diane on track July 2014

Speaking of swallowing "humble pie" I'm off to see my coach tomorrow from the first time around a year ago. I kind of just stopped going to see her. I want her to keep an eye on my blood pressure etc. but I'm a bit embarrassed to let her know I gained weight back, and am doing alternatives so don't really want to buy her products... But I think it will keep me accountable, and I actually just want to try the new chips! LOL...
Old 06-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Not quite in onederland yet, but that's ok, still sitting at 202, can't complain about a 5lb loss in one week! The teetering and almost there is motivating and makes the day exciting. One week till my big vacation and I'm pretty sure at the least I'll be on the plane at 199! LOL which means I'll have met my goal to get under 200 by vacation day (despite some set backs).
Amber - when I was approaching Onederland, my body decided to play games. One day, oh so close, then up half, then down, then 200.1 or 200.2, then 200 but a few day to break to that number beginning with a 1! Too strange....
Old 06-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #35  
Diane on track July 2014

I made cauliflower buns yesterday so can't wait to see if they hold up in a real "BBQ" situation. Someone said they added veggie cheese to theirs to help them stay together but I can't find veggie cheese anywhere -- is that in a health food store or just regular grocery store? Is it gross
Old 06-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I made cauliflower buns yesterday so can't wait to see if they hold up in a real "BBQ" situation. Someone said they added veggie cheese to theirs to help them stay together but I can't find veggie cheese anywhere -- is that in a health food store or just regular grocery store? Is it gross
The one my daughter uses is "Go Veggie" cheese. Do not know if it is legal...high fat content compared to calorie..
Amount Per Serving % DV**
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5g 7%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsat Fat 1.5g
Monounsat Fat 3g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 410mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 6g

It is in the refrigerated section. The contents are SOY BASE (FILTERED WATER, ISOLATED SOY PROTEIN), 1 CASEIN* (A DRIED SKIM MILK PROTEIN), CANOLA OIL, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, SALT, RICE FLOUR, CONTAINS 2 PERCENT OR LESS OF TAPIOCA STARCH, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATE, ENZYME-MODIFIED CHEESE FLAVOR* (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES, CALCIUM CHLORIDE), TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DRIED YEAST, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVATIVE), CARRAGEENAN, LACTIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE, FOOD COLOR (CAROTENAL), VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN C, FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE, VITAMIN B12, VITAMIN D3, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B6, BUTTERFAT*, RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), VITAMIN E, POTATO STARCH AND POWDERED CELLULOSE ADDED TO PREVENT CAKING, NATAMYCIN (A NATURAL MOLD INHIBITOR). *ADDS A TRIVIAL AMOUNT OF CHOLESTEROL AND LACTOSE. CONTAINS: MILK, SOY

Lots of things that do not sound wise, but do not know the official position.

Last edited by schenectady; 06-02-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #37  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
The one my daughter uses is "Go Veggie" cheese. Do not know if it is legal...high fat content compared to calorie..
Amount Per Serving % DV**
Calories 70
Lots of things that do not sound wise, but do not know the official position.
The official position is "no" But thank you so much for checking. It's not worth it so I'll stop looking.

My cauli-buns actually are pretty good and even tho' falling apart a bit I'm using a fork and knife to eat my burger. I feel very 'chic'...someone dab the corner of my mouth with a napkin please...
Old 06-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default New since last week - checking out the threads

Hello everyone . I am checking out the different threads and wanted to say that this one is full of great info. I am looking forward to reading and learning! I lost 10 lbs on my own ( 5 months), and today is my first weekly weigh-in doing the Wonder Slim Core protocol. I am down 2.5 lbs...that feels really great Before it took me a whole month to loose that much. I am enjoying it all so far!
I want to make checking in a part of my daily routine and have fun with all of the emoticons.

Last edited by Fairybell; 06-02-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #39  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
I went to a 'spa' once and they had pitchers of water with different things in it -- very refreshing. Cucumber and mint was one of them I think (or maybe lemon mint and something else with the cukes...)...

I'm not sure if you have "Renee's" dressings in the States -- they'd be in the refrigerated section. I like their Tuscan Italian for a 0/0/0 vinaigrette

There is lots of talk about "emotions" and the case above is an excellent reminder that changes we make affects us for sure (and good for you for quitting smoking btw). Remember that our belly fat cells are the estrogen storing ones so when we're breaking those fat cells down, we have extra estrogen floating around (and we all know how dangerous that can be! LOL) So when you feel overly emotional and it's not TOM -- embrace those crazy emotions. It means you're gettin' thin!

We have a few re-starters here (Me too) so ... BACK! The good thing is we know it works and can offer advice and support to each other. It's tough to swallow that "humble pie" and come back -- but it's the only pie we're allowed with no calories or carbs!

You mentioned "plane"... where you off to girl?? You bringing your thong along?
I am headed to South Padre Island and the only thong I'll have is the kind that go on my feet! LOL but I did buy myself a new swimsuit and a cute suit cover.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #40  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Amber - when I was approaching Onederland, my body decided to play games. One day, oh so close, then up half, then down, then 200.1 or 200.2, then 200 but a few day to break to that number beginning with a 1! Too strange....
I just played those games, bounced around between 207 and 210 for a few weeks, (one week was my own fault) but I'd be down up, even got to 205 for a few days and then back up to 207. Not sure why or how and I don't care why or how but I dumped 5lbs this week and I'm not going back lol, under 200 is gonna be great and it's going to be extra great when I'm under 200 no matter what time of day it is.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #41  
AmberLS

Quote:
The official position is "no" But thank you so much for checking. It's not worth it so I'll stop looking.

My cauli-buns actually are pretty good and even tho' falling apart a bit I'm using a fork and knife to eat my burger. I feel very 'chic'...someone dab the corner of my mouth with a napkin please...
My coach was who actually recommended the veggies shreds, he said as long as I count the calories. He even wrote it on my sheet. I bought and used one package over the course of a few months in a few things. They aren't bad, not great either, but they satiated a craving at the time. I bought some slices too for lettuce wraps and my "sandwiches" but the slices are yuck. lol
Old 06-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #42  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
My coach was who actually recommended the veggies shreds, he said as long as I count the calories. He even wrote it on my sheet. I bought and used one package over the course of a few months in a few things. They aren't bad, not great either, but they satiated a craving at the time. I bought some slices too for lettuce wraps and my "sandwiches" but the slices are yuck. lol
hmmm... thanks... I don't want them for anything except an occasional pizza on my dry as a bone crust and to keep my cauli-buns from fallin' apart -- I like my buns firm (hee hee)
Old 06-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 305/262.8/180

Height: 5'5 1/2

I will be starting AGAIN tomorrow. I fell back into old habits but what is done, is done and I' m going to move forward. I decided to not weight myself until Aug 11 ( school starts). I am going to trust the program. Glad to be back. I didn't post much last time around but I plan on checking a lot this time.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 157/134.5/125

Height: 5'1"

I am wondering if anyone has noticed a need for additional sleep while on IP? I've found myself having a heck of a time waking up some mornings. I have pulmonary issues so it could be related to that, but with 20 lbs. less of me, I figure I should be full of vim and vigor.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #45  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Default can you gain early on?

I hope I never show a gain in the early stages. I started May 2, a month ago...so far losing every week. Such an easy diet! I am all about the 100% no cheat following...my next WI will be Wed morning...the last three days the scale is showing up 4.8 pounds.

As of my last WI I lost 13.6 total in the first 27 days. Not sure what to make of the scale being up so much the last few days...can a big gain happen early on the diet like this for no reason? Female age 54 so no it is not a girls "monthly' issue going on. I am even increasing my water but the scale is still holding with this big gain. Could it be by Wed all this and more will just come off before the WI? I hope so.
Closed Thread