IP weekend chat Saturday 5/31 - Sunday 6/1/2014

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • I was getting tired of just soup/salad for lunch and decided to try the Chicken Soy Patty today....they were really good!!! I'm a pretty picky eater and have been very happy with the taste & options so far on IP. Except WF stuff.....I really don't like that! Otherwise, scooting right along with my new healthier lifestyle. Love seeing all the accomplishments & encouragement here! We are FAB-U-LOUS!!
  • Quote: What do you all use for tracking? I don't want to get in the habit of not writhing things down. Are there any good apps? I've been working a lot and I'm still dealing with a leftover cough from pneumonia. My stress level is just wToo high after going to the funeral home, but NSV I did it without food. I am thinking of trying mucinex today. Tried Claritin yesterday and that made me sleepy. Asthma/allergies here are awful! Hope you enjoy your Sunday, I made a cinnamon pancake this morning. My favorite of the past week and a half.
    I've been using the myfitnesspal app. I have it synced so I can make entires on my cell (droid) and my iPad. It's super easy and a lot of the IP stuff is already in it's database!
  • Quote: I was getting tired of just soup/salad for lunch and decided to try the Chicken Soy Patty today....they were really good!!!
    I love to put the soy patty crumbles into mushrooms and throw on the BBQ for stuffed mushrooms....mmmm....
  • I have been doing really well, too. The mid-day salad is a savior for me, and I do two IPs in the a.m., and another around 3 p.m. I am supposed to do a fourth, but don't always do so. 52.5 lbs in 4 months, and counting. I love the IP snack bars but really dislike the soups.
  • Quote: I have been doing really well, too. ...I love the IP snack bars but really dislike the soups.
    ditto on the soups. However, if I add the the broccoli, leak, or mushroom soup to any veggie puree I find they actually make the puree into a "cream" soup and are pretty good that way. Those are the only ones I even bother with anymore. I wonder how I'll feel about eating any kind of soup as the weather gets nicer? Has anyone made a cold gizpacho type IP soup?
  • Quote: Lost enough to put me under 220 -- bye bye "20s" -- I'll never see you again! (I don't ever plan to be 120 so the 20's) are gone 4 ever! LOL (see the happy face on my smiley as it waves! )
    Lol too cute!!!
  • [QUOTE=ontheshoresarah;5014809]What do you all use for tracking?

I use Fat Secret for tracking. The only thing I don't like about it is I can't track my water intake.

Feel better soon.
  • Quote: ditto on the soups. However, if I add the the broccoli, leak, or mushroom soup to any veggie puree I find they actually make the puree into a "cream" soup and are pretty good that way. Those are the only ones I even bother with anymore. I wonder how I'll feel about eating any kind of soup as the weather gets nicer? Has anyone made a cold gizpacho type IP soup?
    No gazpacho because no tomato juice, but you could do a sort of vichyssoise - just look at the recipe and sub leek IP soup and maybe a bit of IP potato puree (?) not much you can do about the cream, but it should still be ok.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vichyssoise/

Liana
  • Quote: No gazpacho because no tomato juice, but you could do a sort of vichyssoise - just look at the recipe and sub leek IP soup and maybe a bit of IP potato puree (?) not much you can do about the cream, but it should still be ok.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vichyssoise/

Liana
    Thanks Liana-- that was the name I couldn't think of (duh- wonder why? Really? "vichyssoise"?) ... thanks for taking time to post a link. I'll check out some recipes and see if I can make a cold veggie IP based soup. I enjoy it when I have it elsewhere...just never tried it myself

edit: checking recipes and it may be a challenge. Maybe "potato puree" would substitute for potatoes in soups and add some creaminess that we can't have from the yogurt or sour cream most recipes seem to need.... Ok.. it's proving a challenge but I feel a "recipe mission" coming on...
  • Quote: Thanks Liana-- that was the name I couldn't think of (duh- wonder why? Really? "vichyssoise"?) ... thanks for taking time to post a link. I'll check out some recipes and see if I can make a cold veggie IP based soup. I enjoy it when I have it elsewhere...just never tried it myself

edit: checking recipes and it may be a challenge. Maybe "potato puree" would substitute for potatoes in soups and add some creaminess that we can't have from the yogurt or sour cream most recipes seem to need.... Ok.. it's proving a challenge but I feel a "recipe mission" coming on...
    I always mix roasted red pepper purée with the tomato basil. It would prolly taste pretty good chilled.
  • Quote: I was taking metformin since November, but stopped when I started IP only because I was anxious about sugar levels dropping. Checking them daily my numbers are awesome.
    Thank you, its nice to hear from others that are going through the same thing. I hated taking Metformin. I have been on it twice in the last 15 years and it just never seemed to help me.
  • Quote: I always mix roasted red pepper purée with the tomato basil. It would prolly taste pretty good chilled.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that... I never had the tomato basil one since it wasn't Gluten free. You could add finely chopped up cucumber, and a bit of pickle juice or lime juice in (I like lime better than lemon in gazpacho, myself). no problem with chopped onion, peppers, spices, just sub ACV for wine vinegar and you've got it!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Gazpach...r_results_p1i1

There's also a good one with shrimp in it and one with chopped HB eggs on top.
  • Quote: This made me smile. You know you have good friends when they stick with you (although you may want to point out to them that wanting to ditch you after only 5 days seems a bit extreme! Tell them they owe you a salad lunch out)

I use My Fitness Pal and I set mine on the advice Lisa gave 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs, (someone tell me if I've mixed that up!) Mine is set at 1200 calories after I did all that, but I don't worry if there are calories left at the end of the day as we're not calorie counting -- however I think others' may be set at 1000 calories or less. I also have mine set to track carbs AND fibre so I can see what my net carb count is. I'm sure if you need "setting" help others can chime in. I like it because IP food is already in their data bank.

Seems like a great "fresh start" At least all your courses and things are done. I hope things slow down/settle down for you a bit.
    Thanks! I'm feeling pretty good. Still lot's of stuff to deal with over the things that happened in May I imagine the investigation process is a long one, but the initial shock part is passing.
    The good news is I could wake up any day and be in onederland... this morning was 201.8.... it helps boost the excitement.
  • It hasn't been a perfect day for me, but better than yesterday and I decided to post again today rather than to think about calories I don't need.

Quote: Lost enough to put me under 220 -- bye bye "20s" -- I'll never see you again! (I don't ever plan to be 120 so the 20's) are gone 4 ever! LOL (see the happy face on my smiley as it waves! )
    This is fantastic! Congratulations!

Quote: The good news is I could wake up any day and be in onederland... this morning was 201.8.... it helps boost the excitement.
    It's tomorrow! It is going to be tomorrow morning, I am sure of it!
  • I'm ready to go to bed so I can wake up and eat breakfast. How crazy is that??