3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP weekend chat Saturday 5/31 - Sunday 6/1/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296379-ip-weekend-chat-saturday-5-31-sunday-6-1-2014-a.html)

JLUS 06-01-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5014714)
Thanks all! I prob have not been using enough oil. I'll add more in, increase my water and have a nice piece of steak tonight. If nothing, than some smooth move tea. Have to get back to normal before weigh in! :)

Also try eating some additional lettuce. The roughage really helps!

RosiePosie101 06-01-2014 10:45 AM

So, some friends and I were discussing my success on IP. Someone asked if I had suffered terribly during the first five days due to carb withdrawals and I replied that I'd been really lucky and hadn't really had any symptoms at all. This was the stage when everyone else around the table went quiet. And then they all started laughing. Apparently I was "grumpy and quite mean" during that first week and I almost got unfriended!!! And here was me thinking I was completely under control and on an even keel! Good to know that my wonderful friends stuck by me and were understanding enough to realize that it was just a stage.

Good luck to all those starting out on IP and maybe give your friends and significant others a heads up that you may not be quite yourself over the next few days!

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5014354)
Not sure I am ready to tuck anything I yet! It's been a loooong time since I did that!

Crossing my fingers that getting into ketosis is easy for you this time. Allergies suck!

Thanks for the commiserating!

ontheshoresarah 06-01-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrumbsTrueAmazon (Post 5014398)
This may be off topic and I hope I am posting in the right place, but I am curious if there are any others out there who have PCOS and are currently taking the medication, spironolactone while following the IP protocol and using alternatives?

I'd love to hear from anyone with PCOS about their experience with IP. I've read IP is a good match for ladies with PCOS because of our insulin resistance. Anybody?

I was taking metformin since November, but stopped when I started IP only because I was anxious about sugar levels dropping. Checking them daily my numbers are awesome.:carrot:

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5014254)
Attitude:
Same with ketosis flu. If I think I'll be miserable, I will.
If I plan for how to make the best of it (extra naps, extra salt)...it'll pass quickly and I'll be good-to-go

Beck Diet Solution weekend tip:
If you’re going to a barbeque or a party this weekend, consider adopting this guideline: Only eat it if it’s on your plate. Grabbing handfuls here and there from big bowls makes it extremely difficult to keep track of how much you’re eating. If you’re deliberate about putting everything on a plate and then (sitting down to) have it, you’ll be much more accountable and aware of everything you eat. It helps!

Thanks, Lisa. I needed that reality check that my attitude is a choice. I have been so bogged down with stress that I wasn't seeing that far anymore.

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5014289)
Anyone ever had Nashua send them the wrong thing? I ordered the Protidiet Chili Dinner and received Chili-Lime Soy Nuts instead. I was really craving the Chili too! I tried to call them but only received the all customer services representatives are busy and left a message.

I have had only great experiences with them. I am sure they will help you out though. Maybe a meaty chili recipe at home would do as a substitute for the meantime?

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 5014323)
I am just home from 'the Low Carb Cruise' ... So inspirational, informative and fun. I am so glad and grateful to be on this journey!

I had no idea those existed. I would love that, although my husband (naturally thin) would die!

ontheshoresarah 06-01-2014 10:54 AM

What do you all use for tracking? I don't want to get in the habit of not writhing things down. Are there any good apps? I've been working a lot and I'm still dealing with a leftover cough from pneumonia. My stress level is just wToo high after going to the funeral home, but NSV I did it without food. I am thinking of trying mucinex today. Tried Claritin yesterday and that made me sleepy. Asthma/allergies here are awful! Hope you enjoy your Sunday, I made a cinnamon pancake this morning. My favorite of the past week and a half.

readytolive 06-01-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5014486)
I have not had that happen with Nashua, but I HAVE had nothing but excellent customer service from them, so once you connect with them, I know they will take care of you.

Chili is a FAVORITE lunch for me. I don't follow the packet, but amp it up... I put the chili in a micro dish with the max suggested water and micro one min. stir, add a touch more water if thick as well as some Chipotle Tobasco and cook another min. I then sauté zucchini, celery, mushrooms, red/green peppers. I add the chili and add a little WF ketchup (I prefer my chili with a touch of sweetness) along with spices: chili and garlic powder, cumin, cayenne. Cook low for 5 mins or so, checking because it may need a little more water. I top with a few raw onions and it makes a HUGE, filling meal!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureFitChick (Post 5014805)
I have had only great experiences with them. I am sure they will help you out though. Maybe a meaty chili recipe at home would do as a substitute for the meantime?

Thanks, you two! I went ahead and sent them a message through their website as it gets difficult for me to be on the phone during work hours which is when I'm sure they'll call me back. They've always been good to me so I'm not worried. Hopefully I'll hear back soon!

Also... yum JLUS! I planned on jazzing it up quite a bit. I'll definitely keep what you said in mind! :) I was planning on using some of my Kay's Natural protein chips as "fritos" to make a chili frito pie. :dizzy:

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 11:00 AM

OK, I am slow to the party and JUST discovered the multi-quote button and how it works. Duh!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetenuf (Post 5014373)
NSV : I went to the gym today, second time this week. The victory was that I went alone. I do not do anything alone like that.

This is awesome! That takes a tremendous amount of courage and I am so proud of you! (I'm not sure proud is the exact word I want, but you know what I mean.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5014376)
Weekends are harder than weekdays for me. I'm confident I will stay OP, there are more thoughts about deprivation. I'm moving forward, attitude is half the battle!

I really have to keep myself busy or distracted when I am like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangeron (Post 5014498)
I'm home from the shower still OP. It was tougher than I thought. Really easy to start rationalizing: fruit, I mean it's healthy anyway right? That chicken barely has any breading, a piece won't hurt. But I know myself well enough to know that soon I would have talked myself right into a piece of cake, etc.
So, determination and will power have won the day lol

That sounds like a terrific day to me! You did it! You stayed on track and strengthened your resistance muscles!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5014584)
Question about poop.

Having more lettuce helps me out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 (Post 5014795)
So, some friends and I were discussing my success on IP. Someone asked if I had suffered terribly during the first five days due to carb withdrawals and I replied that I'd been really lucky and hadn't really had any symptoms at all. This was the stage when everyone else around the table went quiet. And then they all started laughing. Apparently I was "grumpy and quite mean" during that first week and I almost got unfriended!!! And here was me thinking I was completely under control and on an even keel! Good to know that my wonderful friends stuck by me and were understanding enough to realize that it was just a stage.

That is so funny!!! Thanks for the reminder that I need to be up front with my husband about what may be headed his way during the next week or so.

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheshoresarah (Post 5014809)
What do you all use for tracking?

I wear a Body Media sensor and use their website to track my food. Congratulations on getting through that toughness without abusing food.

Kellyc14 06-01-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

What do you all use for tracking? I don't want to get in the habit of not writhing things down. Are there any good apps? I've been working a lot and I'm still dealing with a leftover cough from pneumonia. My stress level is just wToo high after going to the funeral home, but NSV I did it without food. I am thinking of trying mucinex today. Tried Claritin yesterday and that made me sleepy. Asthma/allergies here are awful! Hope you enjoy your Sunday, I made a cinnamon pancake this morning. My favorite of the past week and a half.

I use my fitness pal.

sweetenuf 06-01-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureFitChick (Post 5014816)
OK, I am slow to the party and JUST discovered the multi-quote button and how it works. Duh!!!!

This is awesome! That takes a tremendous amount of courage and I am so proud of you! (I'm not sure proud is the exact word I want, but you know what I mean.)

Thank you :) Ill take proud lol

AmberLS 06-01-2014 12:05 PM

Thanks goodness it's June first! This month has to go better than the last!

IP43 06-01-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 (Post 5014795)
So, some friends and I were discussing my success on IP. ....Apparently I was "grumpy and quite mean" during that first week and I almost got unfriended!!! ...

This made me smile. You know you have good friends when they stick with you (although you may want to point out to them that wanting to ditch you after only 5 days seems a bit extreme! Tell them they owe you a salad lunch out) :D

Quote:

What do you all use for tracking?

I use My Fitness Pal and I set mine on the advice Lisa gave 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs, (someone tell me if I've mixed that up!) Mine is set at 1200 calories after I did all that, but I don't worry if there are calories left at the end of the day as we're not calorie counting -- however I think others' may be set at 1000 calories or less. I also have mine set to track carbs AND fibre so I can see what my net carb count is. I'm sure if you need "setting" help others can chime in. I like it because IP food is already in their data bank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 5014861)
Thanks goodness it's June first! This month has to go better than the last!

Seems like a great "fresh start" :D At least all your courses and things are done. I hope things slow down/settle down for you a bit.

IP43 06-01-2014 12:59 PM

Lost enough to put me under 220 -- bye bye "20s" -- I'll never see you again! :wave: (I don't ever plan to be 120 so the 20's) are gone 4 ever! LOL (see the happy face on my smiley as it waves! )

Rayze 06-01-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

If you take Musinex, definitely drink extra water! Feel better.

IP43 06-01-2014 01:28 PM

Do you have "Allegra" for allergies? It was recommended to me to use that one but I have claritin left so haven't bought new. Not sure if it's in the States or not - we usually but not always have the same stuff. -- oh, maybe it was "Aerius"...something with an A -- they said it was great and no sleepiness... guess it's not as helpful when I'm not sure which one! sry!LOL

Slipfree 06-01-2014 01:29 PM

Rosieposie, your post made me laugh out loud!

canadjineh 06-01-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyc14 (Post 5014830)
I use my fitness pal.

I'm using MFP for tracking too but I hate their app - it doesn't pull up what I want, when I want it. I just wait til I get home and put it on my computer. I know some others like the app. But I'm not a great app person - never can find what I want from the sites they work with. I don't do data on my phone much at all, as I'm sure you can tell. :no:

Liana

Jenrusl 06-01-2014 02:47 PM

I was getting tired of just soup/salad for lunch and decided to try the Chicken Soy Patty today....they were really good!!! I'm a pretty picky eater and have been very happy with the taste & options so far on IP. Except WF stuff.....I really don't like that! Otherwise, scooting right along with my new healthier lifestyle. Love seeing all the accomplishments & encouragement here! We are FAB-U-LOUS!!

Jenrusl 06-01-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

I've been using the myfitnesspal app. I have it synced so I can make entires on my cell (droid) and my iPad. It's super easy and a lot of the IP stuff is already in it's database!

IP43 06-01-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenrusl (Post 5014938)
I was getting tired of just soup/salad for lunch and decided to try the Chicken Soy Patty today....they were really good!!!

I love to put the soy patty crumbles into mushrooms and throw on the BBQ for stuffed mushrooms....mmmm....:T

TravelingChick 06-01-2014 03:27 PM

I have been doing really well, too. The mid-day salad is a savior for me, and I do two IPs in the a.m., and another around 3 p.m. I am supposed to do a fourth, but don't always do so. 52.5 lbs in 4 months, and counting. I love the IP snack bars but really dislike the soups.

IP43 06-01-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelingChick (Post 5014956)
I have been doing really well, too. ...I love the IP snack bars but really dislike the soups.

ditto on the soups. However, if I add the the broccoli, leak, or mushroom soup to any veggie puree I find they actually make the puree into a "cream" soup and are pretty good that way. Those are the only ones I even bother with anymore. I wonder how I'll feel about eating any kind of soup as the weather gets nicer? Has anyone made a cold gizpacho type IP soup?

Kellyc14 06-01-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5014890)
Lost enough to put me under 220 -- bye bye "20s" -- I'll never see you again! :wave: (I don't ever plan to be 120 so the 20's) are gone 4 ever! LOL (see the happy face on my smiley as it waves! )

Lol too cute!!! :wave:

SuzieQ120 06-01-2014 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=ontheshoresarah;5014809]What do you all use for tracking?

I use Fat Secret for tracking. The only thing I don't like about it is I can't track my water intake.

Feel better soon.

canadjineh 06-01-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5014961)
ditto on the soups. However, if I add the the broccoli, leak, or mushroom soup to any veggie puree I find they actually make the puree into a "cream" soup and are pretty good that way. Those are the only ones I even bother with anymore. I wonder how I'll feel about eating any kind of soup as the weather gets nicer? Has anyone made a cold gizpacho type IP soup?

No gazpacho because no tomato juice, but you could do a sort of vichyssoise - just look at the recipe and sub leek IP soup and maybe a bit of IP potato puree (?) not much you can do about the cream, but it should still be ok.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vichyssoise/

Liana

IP43 06-01-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5014986)
No gazpacho because no tomato juice, but you could do a sort of vichyssoise - just look at the recipe and sub leek IP soup and maybe a bit of IP potato puree (?) not much you can do about the cream, but it should still be ok.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vichyssoise/

Liana

Thanks Liana-- that was the name I couldn't think of (duh- wonder why? Really? "vichyssoise"?) ... thanks for taking time to post a link. I'll check out some recipes and see if I can make a cold veggie IP based soup. I enjoy it when I have it elsewhere...just never tried it myself

edit: checking recipes and it may be a challenge. Maybe "potato puree" would substitute for potatoes in soups and add some creaminess that we can't have from the yogurt or sour cream most recipes seem to need.... Ok.. it's proving a challenge but I feel a "recipe mission" coming on...

ChipnDip 06-01-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5014987)
Thanks Liana-- that was the name I couldn't think of (duh- wonder why? Really? "vichyssoise"?) ... thanks for taking time to post a link. I'll check out some recipes and see if I can make a cold veggie IP based soup. I enjoy it when I have it elsewhere...just never tried it myself

edit: checking recipes and it may be a challenge. Maybe "potato puree" would substitute for potatoes in soups and add some creaminess that we can't have from the yogurt or sour cream most recipes seem to need.... Ok.. it's proving a challenge but I feel a "recipe mission" coming on...

I always mix roasted red pepper purée with the tomato basil. It would prolly taste pretty good chilled.

CrumbsTrueAmazon 06-01-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheshoresarah (Post 5014803)
I was taking metformin since November, but stopped when I started IP only because I was anxious about sugar levels dropping. Checking them daily my numbers are awesome.:carrot:

Thank you, its nice to hear from others that are going through the same thing. I hated taking Metformin. I have been on it twice in the last 15 years and it just never seemed to help me.

canadjineh 06-01-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5014990)
I always mix roasted red pepper purée with the tomato basil. It would prolly taste pretty good chilled.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... I never had the tomato basil one since it wasn't Gluten free. You could add finely chopped up cucumber, and a bit of pickle juice or lime juice in (I like lime better than lemon in gazpacho, myself). no problem with chopped onion, peppers, spices, just sub ACV for wine vinegar and you've got it!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Gazpach...r_results_p1i1

There's also a good one with shrimp in it and one with chopped HB eggs on top.

AmberLS 06-01-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5014873)
This made me smile. You know you have good friends when they stick with you (although you may want to point out to them that wanting to ditch you after only 5 days seems a bit extreme! Tell them they owe you a salad lunch out) :D

I use My Fitness Pal and I set mine on the advice Lisa gave 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs, (someone tell me if I've mixed that up!) Mine is set at 1200 calories after I did all that, but I don't worry if there are calories left at the end of the day as we're not calorie counting -- however I think others' may be set at 1000 calories or less. I also have mine set to track carbs AND fibre so I can see what my net carb count is. I'm sure if you need "setting" help others can chime in. I like it because IP food is already in their data bank.

Seems like a great "fresh start" :D At least all your courses and things are done. I hope things slow down/settle down for you a bit.

Thanks! I'm feeling pretty good. Still lot's of stuff to deal with over the things that happened in May I imagine the investigation process is a long one, but the initial shock part is passing.
The good news is I could wake up any day and be in onederland... this morning was 201.8.... it helps boost the excitement.

FutureFitChick 06-01-2014 09:37 PM

It hasn't been a perfect day for me, but better than yesterday and I decided to post again today rather than to think about calories I don't need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5014890)

This is fantastic! Congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 5015104)
The good news is I could wake up any day and be in onederland... this morning was 201.8.... it helps boost the excitement.

It's tomorrow! It is going to be tomorrow morning, I am sure of it! ;)

Kellyc14 06-01-2014 10:26 PM

I'm ready to go to bed so I can wake up and eat breakfast. How crazy is that??

AmberLS 06-01-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureFitChick (Post 5015174)

It's tomorrow! It is going to be tomorrow morning, I am sure of it! ;)

I hope so but I'm thinking probably Tuesday or maybe Wednesday at the latest! LOL

IP43 06-01-2014 11:26 PM

Let us know Amber -- I'll be humming "Your body is (at) ONEderland" all that day for you! ;) I don't think John Mayer will mind if we make a wee tweak to the title of his song!