Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #376  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

BTW I purchased the IP Mangosteen water enhancer today. Delish! Nice treat.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning

I tried doing this program on my own and it just didn't work - I could see the scale slowly creeping back up - so Monday I went back to my centre - it's expensive but it's also too expensive not to do this - this is for me - I feel so much better when I'm in control. I'm on day #3 of being back 100% and I feel great. I don't have that far to go to reach my goal but it's also to maintain - I have a real problem with junk food. But with these boards and my coach I can do this.

Let's all have a great day we're worth it

Maureen
Old 07-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #378  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Mariners?? Whaaa? Where are you from? We are HUGE Seattle sports fans! We used to live in Seattle but, like so many, had kids and loved over to the Eastside. I'm a Washingtonian born and raised (Quincy, Republic, Spokane, and now Seattle / suburbs) and my husband, born & raised in MT, has been here for about 12 years.
I'm over on the Eastside too. Been Ms fans for many years and it finally looks like they may do good this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Oh! And guys!! 100% OP since Friday and I am down 6 pounds (since FRIDAY) and that's WITH it being TOM. Realllllly helps inspire me to stick this out. And my mind is changing. No, one small serving of meat at BBQ with sugar in the marinade won't make me fatter, but it WILL set me back on all the hormonal progress in altering my body's chemistry and cravings. Sooooooo not worth the minor convenience of bringing my own food.

Also, I realized something: yes, I feel left out in certain ways at parties where I can't eat what everyone else is. But those couple of hours are not worth the large chunks of life where I feel left out of LIFE. Fortifies my mind to be steel against the desire to just give into being fat.
Yeah for staying 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
It really is about changing your thought toward it.
I often eat before I go. Then it is "no thanks, I just ate" and then focus on the people & relationships and not the food. What I've learned is that I was eating way more than everyone else was at those events.
I do this too Lisa. I find if I concentrate on the people rather than the food it's much easier. I try to station myself away from the food - go play with the kids, set the table, etc. Otherwise I have a real tendency to nibble and end up eating way more than I should. Making sure I bring the veggie tray helps - I know I can eat veggies if I need a nibble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
What music do we need to post for you on the music thread -- "Surrender" by Cheap Trick (wow -- that's an oldie that came out of the cobwebs in my mind...)
Thanks. Now I have an earworm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
I'm going to belong to this club! No cheating for me! You guys will keep me honest! Loved this from above ^^: "I am either 100% and progressing or 0% and regressing" -- Perfect!
Welcome! You'll find the best support and ideas here - I couldn't have done it without all these great people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
My favorite thread to lurk and sometimes post. I cannot say enough how grateful I am to find the IP solution and the marvelous people holding up the fort here. My 2 month anniversary today and down exactly 20 pounds. Lots of work in many ways but so worth the health benefits coming my way. I am so proud of myself and delighted to make this journey with each of you.

Joanne
Hooray for you! You must be dancing! I told my coach the other day that it's amazing that a diet this simple can be so hard to stick to sometimes. But sticking to it pays off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
good morning

I tried doing this program on my own and it just didn't work - I could see the scale slowly creeping back up - so Monday I went back to my centre - it's expensive but it's also too expensive not to do this - this is for me - I feel so much better when I'm in control. I'm on day #3 of being back 100% and I feel great. I don't have that far to go to reach my goal but it's also to maintain - I have a real problem with junk food. But with these boards and my coach I can do this.

Let's all have a great day we're worth it

Maureen
to you! Was just wondering where you were. And you're right, you CAN do this! So happy you are back 100% - you are right, staying overweight is much more expensive than IP not only in terms of money but in terms of the toll it takes on our brains. I hated being fat and it showed in my attitude and colored ever facet of my life. I figure the $ to get myself back was a small price to pay.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #379  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Started phase 2 this week. So far so good. Dropping one of the IP packets was tough as I'd got into a great routine with the same packets each day! Love those garlic and herb crisps!

Now that busy season at work is over, I'm taking two days off work to run all those errands I haven't had a chance to do in the last six months. Of course, I woke up this morning even earlier than usual and now my throat feels a bit sore. Would be just my luck to get sick on my days off!!

I'm determined to get to the shops today to buy a slow cooker and a blender. And then I'm going to start researching phase 3 breakfast ideas.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Rosieposie, Congrats on moving to Phase 2! Hope you enjoy your days off.

Maureen, welcome back. Wonderful that you realized that you needed more support.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #381  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Started phase 2 this week. So far so good. Dropping one of the IP packets was tough as I'd got into a great routine with the same packets each day! Love those garlic and herb crisps!

Now that busy season at work is over, I'm taking two days off work to run all those errands I haven't had a chance to do in the last six months. Of course, I woke up this morning even earlier than usual and now my throat feels a bit sore. Would be just my luck to get sick on my days off!!

I'm determined to get to the shops today to buy a slow cooker and a blender. And then I'm going to start researching phase 3 breakfast ideas.

Have a great day everyone!
Congrats Rosie!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #382  

Who else is sticking to protocol?
Old 07-09-2014, 04:20 AM   #383  

Quote:
I'm new here, kinda. I started posting today but I've been on here for about 2 years. This community has been a great insperation for me.

I'm 8 weeks into P1. I haven't cheated once.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

I have stayed OP during my recent cruise and lost 3.8 pounds! It was tough since there was food available all the time. My hubbie was so supportive, although my family thought I was nuts, but I am committed to this diet and love that I am seeing results in how my clothes fit and on the scale. I just feel better already! It is so worth it
Old 07-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #385  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Me! Me! Me! Came close last night to rationalizing an extra packet but didn't! Feeling great this morning.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #386  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobzlo View Post
I'm new here, kinda. I started posting today but I've been on here for about 2 years. This community has been a great insperation for me.

I'm 8 weeks into P1. I haven't cheated once.
Welcome and congrats on being 8 weeks in and staying 100%! You're right, this is the most supportive, inspirational group going! I never could have stayed 100% the whole way without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
I have stayed OP during my recent cruise and lost 3.8 pounds! It was tough since there was food available all the time. My hubbie was so supportive, although my family thought I was nuts, but I am committed to this diet and love that I am seeing results in how my clothes fit and on the scale. I just feel better already! It is so worth it
Wow Suzie! That is amazing - yeah you! You are right - it is worth it because you are worth it!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #387  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Me! Me! Me! I am!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #388  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Suzie!!! Well done! You definitely deserve a dancing carrot or two I went on a cruise last year, before I started IP and I gained a lot and as a group of girls we tried to stay healthy. You have definitely got this!

Lisa - I'm still 100% OP. Now in phase 2. Phase 3 next week. Spending some time researching breakfast ideas. Fun times!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
ME, ME! 16 weeks and still plugging along at 100% OP!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #390  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm here! I did realize, to my dismay, that I accidentally had two restricted packets two days ago (catching up on my food diary)....OOOOOOPS! But the 100% aim for me is all about "food peace" (a term someone quoted here a week or two ago), and an honest mistake doesn't stress me out. I was telling my mom that I seem to have a very "all or nothing" personality, so I haven't found it difficult at all to do IP 100%. What I'm trying to work on is changing my mindset for forever eating.....that just because I have a few things that are less than healthy doesn't mean that I should give up on healthy eating altogether.

As a therapist, I'll admit that I am FASCINATED with how different personalities cope with the restrictions of this diet. I'm a massive people-pleaser, over-acheiver, perfectionist type person. I know that a lot of my work with healthy eating will come once I get to maintenance, and I won't have such limits.

But I know that eating and feeling guilty afterwards or hiding my unhealthy choices is NOT how I want to live again. Life is too amazing to waste all that energy!!!!!
Closed Thread