Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Been traveling for work and a little pleasure the last three weeks... Wel, maybe too much pleasure over tHe last few months!!

I ended last August 20 pounds above my ultimate goal and then came back to P1 in Jan to drop a bit more. I dropped some of it, but then went back to maintenance again. I am BACK. And ready for a 6 week push of P1 at 100% before heading to Europe in 8 weeks. Figure after P1 I will do a little faster phase off with 4-5 days of P2 and the rest at P3.

Decided I'd best post on the 100% thread for a little more accountability since I am using Alts and not going to the clinic anymore.

Sitting at the dealership getting my car serviced and sipping my first 48 oz of water for the day.

Last edited by JLUS; 07-19-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #482  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Today is day 10 for me - my home scale shows that I am down 11 lbs. I am posting my IP coach weigh ins on my ticker, though. Monday evening will be my weigh in.

By my home scale I have dropped another lb since Monday weigh in... A bit bound up on Tues and Wed, but back to regularity late in the day Thursday. Any advice on what to about constipation? I am sure my coach has some advice but you guys have been there so any advice you have is valuable.

My only real challenge is getting all my supplements in... I have no other meds for any chronic medical conditions (yay!). In fact have rarely had to take any over my life, so I am not very good at it. I really need a good way to ensure that I get them in. To make sure that I get all my supplements in at the right time, I guess I am going to have to take them out of the bottle and locate some in the kitchen, leaving some upstairs for morning consumption as that is where I have breakfast. Maybe carry an emergency supply in my handbag....Could the missed omega 3 affect my regularity? I did miss it a couple of days in a row...

Otherwise, I am following protocol, using IP rather than alternatives for now, and dreaming of success like I see from those posting here. It is your successes that are feeding my motivation!!
Welcome and congrats on the great loss!

Missing the Omega 3 can effect your digestion since there is oil in it and missing the cal/mags can really mess you up if you do it several days in a row. In P1 I had gallon ziplocks labeled with days of the week that I would put the day's food in and it was helpful to just tape a smaller baggie with the supplements in it directly to the packet - no chance of forgetting that way since I had to take them with food.

If the Big C persists, make sure you're getting in all your water and you might try Smooth Move tea - that worked really well for me.

and I know exactly how you feel about the successes you see here fueling your motivation - I felt the same way when I started. There are so many people here who are so dedicated, knowledgeable and successful, I could not imagine a better place for support. It made a huge difference for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Been traveling for work and a little pleasure the last three weeks... Wel, maybe too much pleasure over tHe last few months!!

I ended last August 20 pounds above my ultimate goal and then came back to P1 in Jan to drop a bit more. I dropped some of it, but then went back to maintenance again. I am BACK. And ready for a 6 week push of P1 at 100% before heading to Europe in 8 weeks. Figure after P1 I will do a little faster phase off with 4-5 days of P2 and the rest at P3.

Decided I'd best post on the 100% thread for a little more accountability since I am using Alts and not going to the clinic anymore.

Sitting at the dealership getting my car serviced and sipping my first 48 oz of water for the day.
Boy, sounds like you've been on the go! Isn't it nice to know if things go "up" a little you have the tools to manage it and get right back down? Yeah you!
Old 07-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #483  
Carrol

S/C/G: 260/150/150

Height: 5'0

Smile Want To introduce myseft

I have been on IP for 11 1/2 months losing 110 lbs. I started out at 260/150/150. I'm on second week of phase 2. I need folks that are in that phase and in phase 4 to please give me some tips on staying this size. I'm still going to clinic so I have some support, but not interacting with people that are going through this transition. Thank you for all your support ahead of time.

Carrol
Old 07-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #484  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgetable View Post
I have been on IP for 11 1/2 months losing 110 lbs. I started out at 260/150/150. I'm on second week of phase 2. I need folks that are in that phase and in phase 4 to please give me some tips on staying this size. I'm still going to clinic so I have some support, but not interacting with people that are going through this transition. Thank you for all your support ahead of time.

Carrol
Hi Carrol and congrats on your super losses - that is outstanding!

Check out the Life After P1 - renew thread, the what are you eating today maintainers thread and the maintainers thread, both of those have great ideas and motivation. And feel free to ask questions here too - there are lots of knowledgeable people around who can help you out.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 07-19-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #485  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the ideas for managing my supplements - I set up a daily pill dispenser for mornings to keep upstairs where I have my morning coffee, and found a good setup for the rest in the kitchen. Tomorrow I go to check in with my coach and I will get another bottle of each so that I have plenty to set up an emergency supply in my backpack that goes to work, along with extra packets for unplanned situations.

I think it's time to pick up a new supply of snack sized baggies - one day's supply of supplements requires a half cup measure to hold them all!

And thank you for the reminder about Smooth Moves - I forgot about that tea and I have used it successfully at various times in the past when I needed it. I am going to get a fresh supply of that too!

Once again, you IP experts give me good feedback and helpful advice. Thanks hugely!!
Old 07-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #486  
oneuh2

Welcome Unforgetable -- What an inspiration you are to those of us on P1!!!
I hope you will hang in with us and post your experience as you transition thru the later Phases -- from my experience it takes serious commitment to keep the lbs off, no matter what program helps you get it off. I think IP has a feasible maintenance approach - please let us know how it's going!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

So many "hey there's" !!! go out:
Schenectady, Ruth Ann Lisa, pish posh, DRD, Canadajineh, Sylviesgirl...and many others,

Congrats to the progress..moving to maintenance..and or kicking it at maintenance for you all.

Have been doing catch as catch can for last few months. Most of it good...no, .... very good. Dance recitals for older granddaughters, family Vacation in Mexico, followed by my sisters trip was wonderful ....DH was offered a retirement pkg on 6/13 that was OVER the top...and his company did NOT have to do...(.he is almost 68... And his pension was bullet proof after 39 years and 7 months....). I was in Mx with my sisters at the time...so that was a LOT of international phone minutes on the phone plan for a few days.......at $1 a minute!!
Then , we spent July 4 and several days before and after at a hospital out of state with my 90 YO dad. He was transported from cardiologist office to ER and admitted for afib. Stable now. I was home 36 hrs then flew to Austin for my youngest daughter's surgery and have been in Tx for two weeks now, caring for her and our 1 and 3 YO granddaughters. she is recouping..but it will be awhile til I am comfortable leaving here. DH has been here for a few days, but he will go back east later this week.

I figure it will be heading well in to fall before our life is "normal".
Oh I forgot..the Chicago kids got transferred BACK to Salt Lake City, found a house last week..and theirs in Lake Forest sold in 3 days!!! SIL starts new job week of 8/1 ...settlement in new house 8/15... School starts a week later. And daughter # 1 is frazzled...!! But for now.....I'm booked!!! She is on her own...and capable, but I'd like to hug them all. They loved people and their life in lake forest. It will be bitter sweet leaving ....

However....
..I did like SLC when they lived there before!

As for 3fcs...Have a lot of vacation and stress tips to share as the need arises..(and I regain the time. )
The last 3 months combination of fun, sun, family celebrations and stress on ANY given day ..are NOT undermining my nearly 1 year at goal! Still maintaining goal (and wardrobe ....) within my comfort zone... !!!

Cheers and happy summer to all..keep staying on track...it's a good life!

Last edited by 65X65; 07-20-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

RE: vitamins
I got a tray from my clinic which holds 7-4 compartment pill boxes. The tray has the days of the week on it and each compartmented pill box fits into its day slot. In the morning when I get up I just pull out that day's box and my pills are divided into breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime. Flip open the little compartment and take the pills at each mealtime, with calmag for bed to keep leg cramps away.
It only takes a few minutes to refill the whole week ahead and then I don't have to think about it for the rest of the week, and each little day box is easy to pack into my purse so I have it when I am out for lunch or dinner. It also makes it easy to travel for a week or less because each day is set up and I don't have to take along a huge load of pill bottles.
I don't think the set up is very expensive (it was included in my IP Welcome package) - you should be able to find a similar set up at any drugstore.

BTW, here's hoping your life calms a bit 65x65 - sounds like crazy busyness.
Welcome to Phase 2/3/4 Unforgetable! Good going on your weight loss - amazing! Inspirational!
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-21-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #489  
Started IP 04/22/2013

65 - good to see you! Sounds like a really fun, busy time. Best wishes to your dd on a quick recovery.

I'm in awe with all that that you are maintaining your weight - can't wait to read all the ideas and tips you have come up with!

oneuh2 - I think you are right that IP has a good maintenance plan. It takes a little practice and a little fiddling to find what works for you but I've been on maintenance for about 10 weeks and it keeps getting easier and, most importantly, my weight is staying stable. I'm not always perfect, but I'm enjoying this way of eating!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #490  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Good morning everyone! Today is my first weigh in. I've been weighing at home and I'm close to 9 pounds on my personal scale but I will wait to celebrate my official loss this afternoon.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #491  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Today is my 4th day on IP and I have been OP. This is a huge accomplishment for me as I would have normally cheated by now. Here's to hoping this journey is cheat free and 100% successful.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijo8806 View Post
Today is my 4th day on IP and I have been OP. This is a huge accomplishment for me as I would have normally cheated by now. Here's to hoping this journey is cheat free and 100% successful.
Hi danijo: My SIL & BIL live in Prince Frederick, MD so a big wave to you out in Maryland. They keep a boat on the Chesapeake and like to head to Isla Mujeres in MX for parts of the winter.
Congrats on being cheat free so far! I found the best way to keep it that way is to plan ahead and be prepared for those 'special occasions' that are always happening. Have some IP food ready for yourself and take it with you to events, phone restaurants or check menus online before heading to eat out and request 'naked' protein & veg & salad. You can be 100% successful!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #493  
oneuh2

Default Riding high after 2nd Weigh In with Coach

I am jazzed -- just missed the 10 lb mark after 12 days OP, but the results are excellent all the same. Nice reduction in inches as well as pounds.

Liana -- thanks for the description of your pill organizer -- I will see if I can find something similar - it sounds perfect.

Ruth Ann -- I really want to learn from you maintainers as I go thru my Phase 1 so that I am really ready to maintain when I get to my end goal.

So far, so good -- as I stay with this I am creating a very productive Summer of 2014!!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #494  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Hello everyone! I had my meeting with my coach yesterday and I have lost 10.2 pounds my first week! And 4.75 inches! I'm super pumped!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #495  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijo8806 View Post
You are doing fabulous!!!
Closed Thread