Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #331  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My ex MIL used to say: wish in one hand and "poo" in the other and see which one fills up faster (well, she didn't actually say poo...she said sh--)
LOL thanks for the laugh Lisa. Words to live by for sure.

Thanks all for the thoughts on my mother. I was darn lucky to have her so many years and to have the relationship we had. Heck all my 3 siblings and my Dad - I'm really blessed with how we get along (mom would "knock our heads together" if we didn't though)
Old 06-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Finally back from my official weigh in and I now have proof that sticking 100% OP will eventually pay off. After two dead weeks and one very slow week, I finally lost 7 pounds today.

Drank water, drank water, drank water and stayed 100% to the letter of the law.

I have a wedding in 2 weeks and hope to have two more good weeks.

LISA - I am so impressed with your spreadsheets and that kind of work but it confounds me. I signed up at the very beginning for the Labor Day Challenge but cannot figure out how to get back on the spreadsheet. I NEED my -7 entered. Help a technologically impaired person....

Last edited by schenectady; 06-27-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #333  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Finally back from my official weigh in and I now have proof that sticking 100% OP will eventually pay off. After two dead weeks and one very slow week, I finally lost 7 pounds today.

LISA - I am so impressed with your spreadsheets and that kind of work but it confounds me. I signed up at the very beginning for the Labor Day Challenge but cannot figure out how to get back on the spreadsheet. I NEED my -7 entered. Help a technologically impaired person....
YAY for the number to reflect the work....congrats!!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #334  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

Yayyy, congrats! I'm so glad you stuck with it -- and were rewarded. You certainly deserve it.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #335  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning! I made it through the big part of moving the office - now it's just the clean-up to get out of the old office by the end of the day Monday and then I can start organizing the new office. Went well but rather frustrating. I made diagrams of where all the furniture should go, marked where I wanted boxes, etc., etc. Apparently no one can read a diagram except me and I was in the old office directing the movement of the specialty stuff (phone server, computer server, copier, etc, etc.). Oh well, it will all get straightened out.

Going to supervise the dump/goodwill run(s) today and then tomorrow I'm taking the day off and going to the baseball game (it's my birthday and I refuse to work).

Happy to say I did really well - ordered in lunch for the movers and it didn't even look good to me. I had veggies and protein packed and was perfectly happy. I love the way IP has taught me to plan ahead and really enjoy eating in a healthier way. It's like a flip got switched in my brain - the majority of the time I don't even want all the stuff I used to crave.

halfagain: My sympathy on your loss. Losing a parent is so hard but I'm glad you have wonderful memories of your mom. Those memories are so precious.

And congrats on taking control again, go you! I remember when I first started looking at your picture in awe - a huge motivator for me.

schenectady - hooray for you! I am doing a happy dance for you! Bet you've been dancing all day!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #336  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

In case I forget tomorrow Ruth
Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #337  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
In case I forget tomorrow Ruth
Thank you! One of my brothers actually called me about 10 days ago to wish me happy birthday - said he knew it was sometime around the end of June but couldn't remember exactly when.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #338  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thank you! One of my brothers actually called me about 10 days ago to wish me happy birthday - said he knew it was sometime around the end of June but couldn't remember exactly when.
I sent a dear friend a "belated card" once apologizing profusely for it being late... only to find out her birthday was the following month. I had always thought it was May not June. So I just told her that was "last year's card" and we laughed.

.... and now that I'm telling you this story... I just realized I forgot THIS year and now really HAVE to send a belated card! OMG
Old 06-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #339  

Ruth Ann We all, I am sure, wish you an especially good birthday given that in a way, you really have been reborn. You have much to celebrate.

With that, we celebrate, too, because you have helped so many of us get a new lease on life. Yes, I do happy dances quite often these days as I skinny into size 12 jeans. Add a kicking pair of boots, a flirty and feminine top and I feel like a new woman.

Only 17 pounds to go to my goal, although I will be happy to go a wee bit lower as you did. I want to hit the weight where I am in the BMI "normal" category, which is another 6 pounds. Then I might go a wee bit further to hit the weight where I will have lost half my original highest weight...just because? We shall cross that bridge when we get there....
Old 06-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #340  
Diane on track July 2014

Schenectady - I get excited just reading your post.You're the same height as me but it has been awhile since I "skinnied" (is that a new verb you made up? I like it!) into size 12 jeans. I can't wait!! Thanks for some "motivation" for today. Off I go to make lunch!
Old 06-29-2014, 02:45 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Tamila & Lisa Thank you both for your profound posts...that is the mind set that I am trying to achieve. I am going to order the Beck Diet Solution book today. I am praying that by the time I get to maintenance I can look at it from your prospective Lisa " I am in remission for morbid obesity" love that!!
NaeNae, glad to help!

Lisa--THANK YOU for sharing that. To be completely honest, I have allowed little cheats and told myself that it was the same as 100%. A t of grass fed butter is fine instead of olive oil. Or 5 almonds a day when getting my toddler trail mix is NBD.

But then I would let one chocolate piece, a cashew, a few peanuts, and two raisins into the 5 almonds. I had two Cheetos at a graduation party. I found myself eating a small handful of peanuts and then spitting it out. Then not wanting to spit it out. And the slope just slipped. I thought I was ok because I didn't go eat a whole bag of chips. But, while telling myself I was 100% I wasn't.

And the scale went up 3 pounds. I was SO frustrated. I felt like I could see people who ate that bag of chips on the 90% thread gain a pound. I literally ate inly the things listed above and gained three pounds. And, in that, I felt like I would just plug away with those little cheats but see myself never lose this weight.

My coach is so great--she helped me realize that the tiny cheats are what snowball. It really does require perfect 100% compliance while on P1 to reach what she calls "food peace" where cheating just isn't even a desire. I cannot even fathom "food peace."

And then I realized it--I don't think I can do it. I want to just wake up in maintenance because I don't think I can be perfect for a whole year, or 10 months, or whatever amount of time this takes. And I REALLY don't want to be honest about that, not with myself and not with anyone else.

It is super cliche, but I don't have to be perfect for a whole year *today*. I don't even have to be perfect all day today right now. I just have to choose in this moment to believe the lie that I *will* fail so I might as well fail now. OR, I can admit I don't believe I can do this.

I hate all of this. I don't want to deal with this head stuff. I just want to not even have to try. I certainly don't want to have to be perfect. But, like you said, Lisa, I have a disease. I have this amazing opportunity to avoid getting diabetes and yet I actually am very sick now. It doesn't matter if my lot seems unfair, because it is my lot.

Anyway. All of this is exhausting. At least I'm at the end of 2 consecutive days of actual perfect compliance!
Old 06-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #342  
Diane on track July 2014

Tamila your post rings true with a lot of us. I have not been 100% either but I am proud that I keep sticking with it, even if I have blown it here or there. The choices I make are not terrible but definitely slow down the progress so that is what I am trying to remember -- if I do slip, to keep going. But if I can try not to slip, the going is faster and easier
Our weight journey is for life so go easy on yourself and keep working at it. It is not just a 10 month plan or a one year plan and that is the scary part. But by focusing on the NOW and the day to day, the year will pass and you will be where you want to be. I think of my kids and how time has flown -- it WILL fly -- it always does.
Let next year -- or even tomorrow-- look after itself. Just focus on doing the best you can today. Then tomorrow, get up and do it all over again
Old 06-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #343  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I sent a dear friend a "belated card" once apologizing profusely for it being late... only to find out her birthday was the following month. I had always thought it was May not June. So I just told her that was "last year's card" and we laughed.

.... and now that I'm telling you this story... I just realized I forgot THIS year and now really HAVE to send a belated card! OMG
Awesome story! I come from a family where we are notorious for late birthday greetings, although with email and Facebook we are getting better. But the delivery of presents is always suspect. Often, they don't get posted until after the actual day and because all four siblings live in four different countries, we always blame it on the terrible postal systems. On the flip side, birthdays are extended as you often receive presents months later!

This year, all of us got told off by my sister for being late with her daughters first birthday presents. Although my niece was more interested in the wrapping paper this year, we have been told to step up our game for next year - sigh. Seeing as my New Year resolution won't be the "want to lose some weight" one, I think it's going to be getting birthday presents to recipients BEFORE the actual birthday!!
Old 06-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #344  
Started IP 04/22/2013

IP43 - that is a great story! I have been known to carry a card around with me for days before mailing it. Hey, at least I bought it early!

schenectady - Thank you! I feel like a whole new me! And hooray for small size 12s!

RosiePosie101 - My family is the same way. I'm often a day or two late for brothers and sisters but I try really hard on the nieces and nephews because it's so exciting for them to get something in the mail on their birthday, even the ones I live near.

tamila & IP43 = Staying 100% is sometimes hard but you can do it. This is such a simple diet, but not always simple to stick to. Pre-planning and doing it one day (or one meal) at a time is really the key and before you know it, it has become routine. I loved the simplicity of P1 - I just ate what was on the sheet and it took away all the choices I would have made. Lisa talks about "surrender" and that's a good way to look at it. Doing things our way and making our own choices got us to where we need IP and I didn't want to spend one more day than necessary on P1 even though it was comforting to not make my own choices on food.

I am so glad that I did stay 100% the whole time - it gave me the confidence that I can maintain my weight. If I can stay 100% long enough to lose 122 pounds, I can do anything!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #345  

Tamila - Your post resonated with me, and I do not have a lot of great advice to give you except to tell you to read more on here and see other stories.

What I can offer is years of experience - I wish all those years ago, married, with kids, that I HAD been able to pull my mind together to make my weight work. I never did. I let 25 years pass getting heavier and heavier, occasionally able to know off a few pounds only to gain it back.

There were so many occasions I lost out on life, either because I could not or would not participate in events. I go so heavy I became either an object of pity or became invisible because people do not want to be seen talking with an obese lady.

Please know that you CAN do this. It does tale motivation, though, and that is what will see you through. It is not so much being 100% all the time, although I certainly espouse that whenever possible. I was not, fell off, but managed to get back on. It is sticking with it. Bad day, decide to work on having a 100% day the next day. Keep trying.

Do no let your frustration cause you to give in. You may have trouble with this particular battle, but the war is not over!

This process has taken me quite a while and yes, there have been detours. But I have lost 120 pounds and my life has never been so good. I am active, full of energy, and so happy with the thrills of a new life, new clothes, new attitude. You can do this if you can wrap your mind around it. Please spend some time reading on here and see that it can be done - it does get easier the more times you go through the process.
Closed Thread