S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hahaha! 12 step program.... I saw what you did there

SylviesGirl, "BACK OFF, get your own wedges!."
Liana
Old 06-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 237/224/160

Height: 5'5

Thanks!! I do love shoes but after having my son last year my feet grew a half size and none of my beautiful shoes fit. I am starting to build up more each month but I like this idea of a pair for each goal met.

Last edited by Cher71; 06-24-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #303  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher71 View Post
Thanks!! I do love shoes but after having my son last year my feet grew a half size and none of my beautiful shoes fit. I am starting to build up more each month but I like this idea of a pair for each goal met.

I wear an 8 1/2 to 9 if I can help you out at all there Cher
Old 06-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I don't post very much, but I am here reading every single day! I am still plugging along at 100% OP after almost 14 weeks.

I had a big NSV over the weekend. Took my boys swimming at a community pool and bought them each an ice cream treat. One of them couldn't finish his and held it out to me, asking "Mom, would you like the rest?" I said "No thank you, I DON'T eat that." On previous diets, I have always said "I CAN'T eat that." That is such a huge change in my mindset, and I said those words without even thinking about it. It was only looking back that I realized what a difference there is in my mentality. This diet has become a lifestyle choice, not something I am just enduring and hating along the way.

I have also found that the Daily Thread and the 100% OP Thread are my lifeline. I stay away from the "group" type threads because it's too easy to get caught up in looking at how fast others have lost that started the same time as I did. That can lead to me feeling disappointed or like I must be doing something wrong, and there is no need to feel that way when I am staying 100% OP and consistently seeing the scale go down.

Although I still have many pounds to go, these days I have been feeling lucky. I can't think of a better word to describe it. I am so glad I found this plan (doing alternatives) and so grateful that I had the courage to try...one day at a time. After a month OP, my dad has joined me and is having great success. Knowing that I am "leading the charge" helps to keep me motivated!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #305  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I had a big NSV over the weekend. Took my boys swimming at a community pool and bought them each an ice cream treat. One of them couldn't finish his and held it out to me, asking "Mom, would you like the rest?" I said "No thank you, I DON'T eat that." On previous diets, I have always said "I CAN'T eat that." That is such a huge change in my mindset, and I said those words without even thinking about it. It was only looking back that I realized what a difference there is in my mentality. This diet has become a lifestyle choice, not something I am just enduring and hating along the way.
is having great success. Knowing that I am "leading the charge" helps to keep me motivated!
I love that! Early on in this process we were at a sporting event and my 8 year old son came with me to get food for everyone (I was just getting water!). I said something to him about how I couldn't have the food there, and he said "You can have it, but you choose not to." He still reminds me of that sometimes and I think it great than an 8 year old understands something that I need be reminded of! There's definitely a difference between "can't" and "don't."
Old 06-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #306  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi all! I don't post very much, but I am here reading every single day! I am still plugging along at 100% OP after almost 14 weeks.

I have also found that the Daily Thread and the 100% OP Thread are my lifeline. I stay away from the "group" type threads because it's too easy to get caught up in looking at how fast others have lost that started the same time as I did. That can lead to me feeling disappointed or like I must be doing something wrong, and there is no need to feel that way when I am staying 100% OP and consistently seeing the scale go down.

Although I still have many pounds to go, these days I have been feeling lucky. I can't think of a better word to describe it. I am so glad I found this plan (doing alternatives) and so grateful that I had the courage to try...one day at a time. After a month OP, my dad has joined me and is having great success. Knowing that I am "leading the charge" helps to keep me motivated!

Wow...what a great perspective you have! Yes, I think it is really easy to compare myself with others (hence my signature quote). This is really a personal journey for all of us, and everyone's is going to be going through their own hills and valleys. I am quite excited to learn more about maintenance so that I can retrain my brain that this is not a "temporary" change...but I will be making eating changes for life!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #307  

Quote:

I like "don't" instead of "can't" also.
I currently use, "thank you but it isn't currently on my plan". Mindset and self-talk are hugely important for success. I actually have the mindset that I'm treating the disease of morbid obesity and the plan I've chosen is my "medicine". Maintenance is viewed (to me) as the necessary intervention for continued remission.

As far as your go-to Threads, I'm in complete agreement! I had to get out of the comparison mindset. My journey is my own. I would initially get jealous of others and faster losses. But you know what? I don't live in their shoes and they're not in mine. We all have our own struggles with weight loss and maintenance.

One more thread (for lurking right now) is the maintainers thread. I started lurking (not posting, just lurking) after I'd lost the first approximately 50 lbs. I figured I was best just being silent and learning from them. I've learned a LOT about how I need to view food in my life. IP certainly isn't just about P1...not if we want to keep it off.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I have also found that the Daily Thread and the 100% OP Thread are my lifeline.
Knowing that I am "leading the charge" helps to keep me motivated!
I so happy for you!! That is a great NSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
P certainly isn't just about P1...not if we want to keep it off.
Well said Lisa, you are 100% that it is more then phase 1, it is a life long change that we are all making!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

My shoes finally came in an so I picked my up a new shoe rack as I did not have the room. Sadly I had to return the wedge sandals as I had the black pair break while wearing then on my patio, the heel actually peeled off and caused me to fall hard and take a chunk out of my elbow . I was so very sad, but I took them back and got new boots instead. I just could not trust those shoes again after 2 breaks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shoe Rack.jpg (26.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #310  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hello All,
I've been back for three solid weeks and 100% so figure I'll start posting here. It's sort of an odd feeling coming back. I'm 100% following my P2 plan throughout because of the issues I had with phase off last year. Not the IP alernative issue at all, but my own. I hit more real food, and more life issues and just went (for lack of a better word) bonkers. So using P2 as my way of eating and not using the diet word. It is going very well indeed. Losses are not quite as high than in June 2012, but they are still great. I can feel the loss in how my clothing fits already.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #311  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good evening all!! Im sorry I haven't had a chance to read up on everyones progress As y'all know my hubby is home only every other 28 days. He has been home and leaves next tuesday. We went on beach vacation with my side of the family. I still have stayed 100%. My weigh in was today. My current weight is 236 lbs. My coach has been gone also due to her having surgery. So we decided I wouldn't have my measurements done till she gets back since everyone measures in diff spots.
I also need to vent a moment. I have tried since march 5x to go out to eat with my family. I am now completely done with trying, too much anxiety for me. I always make the waiter talk to me last. I am very clear with what I need and don't need for my meal. I have not once gotten steamed broccoli without their butter sauce all over it. K I'm done lol

I have really missed all of you....
Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #312  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I like "don't" instead of "can't" also.
I currently use, "thank you but it isn't currently on my plan". Mindset and self-talk are hugely important for success. I actually have the mindset that I'm treating the disease of morbid obesity and the plan I've chosen is my "medicine". Maintenance is viewed (to me) as the necessary intervention for continued remission.

As far as your go-to Threads, I'm in complete agreement! I had to get out of the comparison mindset. My journey is my own. I would initially get jealous of others and faster losses. But you know what? I don't live in their shoes and they're not in mine. We all have our own struggles with weight loss and maintenance.

One more thread (for lurking right now) is the maintainers thread. I started lurking (not posting, just lurking) after I'd lost the first approximately 50 lbs. I figured I was best just being silent and learning from them. I've learned a LOT about how I need to view food in my life. IP certainly isn't just about P1...not if we want to keep it off.
Great advice as always Lisa. I'm also a 'dedicated lurker' in the maintainers thread because I want to be as prepared as possible. I've also purchased the Beck Diet Solution - will arrive next month - and have started reading refuse to regain. I don't think you can be too prepared for maintenance and I'm not allowing myself to gain this weight back.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:08 AM   #313  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:

I always say it is a mental game. I recently was at the pleasure pier in Galveston. right before we were heading out all the kids wanted something sweet. so they came back with my water and fried oreos, ice cream, funnel cake......my nephews are not use to me not nibbling so they of course asked and I say, no thank you I am not eating that stuff anymore.
My family and friends just keep saying how much will power I have. I believe its because we all know how bad we want this and we know how great we feel losing weight and eating right.
I am so happy for you to have someone doing this with you now, that is great. You can keep each other accountable I wish you and your dad the best of luck on halls journey.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #314  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hooray for new shoes, clothes fitting better and resisting temptations! I like the "don't" mindset too - funny how one word can make a huge difference in how we think about food.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 237/224/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I wear an 8 1/2 to 9 if I can help you out at all there Cher
That is my new size I was a 7.5 or 8 - sorry
Closed Thread