Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
My sneak peek at my scale read another few pounds down since returning from my trip. It has been soooooo nice to be home, eat OP and fix my own food.

As a pear-shape...my pants are getting nicely loose (the ones I wore before i grew out of them). But my shirts are getting really big (lost 3 inches on my bust..waaah). Any tips to make them work while i get to desired weight? Or do i thrift shop? I need to have some professional options for my work.
evemomma = my figure type must be similar to yours. I have lost on the bottom but the top has just melted away. My only solution is thrift store shopping. I drop off my old tops at the donation going in and come out with a bag of newer ones on the way out.

New support garments come in handy too as losing up top can cause some sad sagging. First time since I was a young teen that I am wearing padded and underwire.....
Old 05-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!! I had my 6th WI yesterday and in 6 weeks I have lost 20lbs and 19 inches. My pants are "sagging" (I get on my son all the time for this). I am amazed and so motivated to continue on this journey! Congrats to everyone on their losses this week. Have a great OP weekend!!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #18  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
evemomma = my figure type must be similar to yours. I have lost on the bottom but the top has just melted away. My only solution is thrift store shopping. I drop off my old tops at the donation going in and come out with a bag of newer ones old on he way out.

New support garments come in handy too as losing up top can cause some sad sagging. First time since I was a young teen that I am wearing padded and underwire.....
I forgot how pear I really am since belly/breast/back fat was the last to pile on (and the first to go!). I am going to drop off a bunch of too big blouses to Goodwill today. Tee shirts work fine still...but need a few professional ones during transition. Trying to hold off on bras. I had just discovered the most AMAZING underwire bras (Warners "This is mot a bra" Bras )where the underwire is wrapped with padding so they don't dig. I bought 4...and now they're too big around. I thought of figuring how to shorten the band. But still soooooo happy to have this problem than having everything ooooooo small (last year of my life).
Old 05-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
Has anyone tried this?? It is 0 calories, well 0 everything....was wondering about the taste? Im not a fan of WF.
Even if someone else has tried it & liked it, doesn't mean you will, however!

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-30-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #20  

Quote:
I forgot how pear I really am since belly/breast/back fat was the last to pile on (and the first to go!). I am going to drop off a bunch of too big blouses to Goodwill today. Tee shirts work fine still...but need a few professional ones during transition. Trying to hold off on bras. I had just discovered the most AMAZING underwire bras (Warners "This is mot a bra" Bras )where the underwire is wrapped with padding so they don't dig. I bought 4...and now they're too big around. I thought of figuring how to shorten the band. But still soooooo happy to have this problem than having everything ooooooo small (last year of my life).
I say holding off on bras is a mistake
We want the girls "up" and proud. Besides, bras too big don't give proper support.
Even if you just buy 2 to get you thru til next size.
2 things I don't skimp on: good shoes & well-fitting bra
Old 05-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
My coach called me last night to check in and mentioned I should be in ketosis today. I had tested yesterday and there MIGHT have been a slight trace of color, but I figured I was just talking myself into it. I tested again this morning, and it was one step above a trace. I'm officially in fat-burning mode! I already feel lighter but the scale hasn't budged yet (I'm on day 4). I'm sure it will soon though!

On a less positive note, the headache!!! I've felt fine every day so far but woke up in the middle of the night burning hot and with a headache. Managed to fall back asleep but the headache has persisted this morning, even after taking some advil. It isn't terrible, more like a slight hangover. I've been good on my salt and water intake - anything else I should try or do I just need to tough it out?
The headache can be solved super easily.
More salt. Just increase the amount you use at first. You can literally lick it off your hand with a water chaser. Headache usually clears up in less than 30 minutes.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #22  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I say holding off on bras is a mistake
We want the girls "up" and proud. Besides, bras too big don't give proper support.
Even if you just buy 2 to get you thru til next size.
2 things I don't skimp on: good shoes & well-fitting bra
Haha...after nursing two kids...they certainly need some help! I have two that are my correct size (from after my son but before my daughter)...just wish the Warner ones I could make work. Wish bras weren't so pricey
Old 05-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #23  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hooray - I have now moved out of the official BMI "Obese" category and moved into the only "Overweight" category! My BMI is now below 30%.

I know that in some sense, the official formula for the BMI is arbitrary and not always accurate, but it is still a gauge and a way to set goals and milestones.

Next BMI goal is to move into the "normal" category but that will take another 39 pounds. I have a few other goals I can make before then. Next is -100 pounds while on IP (I started low carbs on my own before IP and hit -112 today).

Sun is shining, good day!
Hooray for you! Funny how we can be so happy to be "overweight" isn't it?

Quote:
My sneak peek at my scale read another few pounds down since returning from my trip. It has been soooooo nice to be home, eat OP and fix my own food.

As a pear-shape...my pants are getting nicely loose (the ones I wore before i grew out of them). But my shirts are getting really big (lost 3 inches on my bust..waaah). Any tips to make them work while i get to desired weight? Or do i thrift shop? I need to have some professional options for my work.
I found some clips with a small chain between them at Target that I used to pull in my blouses at the back so they didn't look so big. I am totally forgetting what they are called but it looked like they were designed for the blouse and gave me a couple of more weeks wear out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post

Good Morning!! I had my 6th WI yesterday and in 6 weeks I have lost 20lbs and 19 inches. My pants are "sagging" (I get on my son all the time for this). I am amazed and so motivated to continue on this journey! Congrats to everyone on their losses this week. Have a great OP weekend!!
Hooray for you!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #24  
Started IP 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

I have a question. I am on medication for Blood pressure and it is controlled. Is it ok to still have the salt as needed? I have not seen any issue. I am praying with the weight loss I will soon be able to throw those pills in the trash forever!

Last edited by Butterfly2005; 05-30-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 167/160.4/135

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up

Quote:
Frida weekend warmup

This weekend, keep in mind that you won’t regret what you don’t eat (or drink)! It can feel really hard in the moment to decide against a second glass of wine or another piece of cake, but once the situation has passed, you’ll always feel happy that you didn’t give in.
Thank you for this reminder! It's always the battle of short term pleasure/long term pain versus staying focused.

I think I'm taking a bit longer than others to get into ketosis. I was thinking of working out a bit later (just on the elliptical) to hopefully help deplete my glycogen stores a bit faster. Happy weekend everyone!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Haha...after nursing two kids...they certainly need some help! I have two that are my correct size (from after my son but before my daughter)...just wish the Warner ones I could make work. Wish bras weren't so pricey
TJ Maxx has some great deals on bras!!! I regularly find $30-$50 bras for $8 to $10...
Old 05-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #27  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray for you! Funny how we can be so happy to be "overweight" isn't it?

I found some clips with a small chain between them at Target that I used to pull in my blouses at the back so they didn't look so big. I am totally forgetting what they are called but it looked like they were designed for the blouse and gave me a couple of more weeks wear out of them.

Hooray for you!
Thanks...great idea!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
The headache can be solved super easily.
More salt. Just increase the amount you use at first. You can literally lick it off your hand with a water chaser. Headache usually clears up in less than 30 minutes.
Thanks! Between the water I was downing before I saw your suggestion, and the extra salt after, it's all cleared up. I think I may need to add a little salt to my breakfast in the future!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #29  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Big day here in Anniepoo-land. My husband and I are taking our four young children across the country to have a beach vacation in North Carolina. Airplanes, hotels, and a beach house for 10 days. AND NO SCALE. (And the stress--and joy--of traveling with four kids!) Haha. You'll be happy to know that I have an entire suitcase full of IP/IP alt stuff. While my kids are snarfing down the free waffles at breakfast, I'll be happily slurping away at my IP mango drink.

It might sound hard, but I'm actually really excited. Because I KNOW I can do this and stay totally OP. And if I can be OP for this, I can be OP for anything.

IT IS SO EXCITING. I CAN DO HARD THINGS! I CAN BE HAPPY WITHOUT WAFFLES!

So, farewell, my IPeeps. Your encouragement has kept me solid for the last month and I can't wait to report to you on the flip side. xoxoxox
Old 05-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

My daughter-in-law called us at 12:30am last night, she is 9 weeks pregnant and woke up in pain and drove her self to the hospital (25 miles away) and didn't even wake up my son to tell him. He wasn't answering the phone so she asked us to drive over and tell him to go to the hospital (etopic pregnancy). We drove him up there and took our 3 year old grandbaby back home with us. My hubby is home with her today. They did surgery and removed the baby and part of her tube. If you are a praying person, please say a prayer for her. My daughter is also pregnant,they were due 5 days apart, so it is going to be even more difficult for my daughter-in-law having that constant reminder. Sad.
Just needed to share that with someone.

Today is my WI, but my coach is out of town. So I have to wait until next Friday. My home scale doesn't match their scale so I really have no idea how much I lost. I guess that's not a bad thing. I'll be surprised next Friday.
Closed Thread