Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Big day here in Anniepoo-land. My husband and I are taking our four young children across the country to have a beach vacation in North Carolina. Airplanes, hotels, and a beach house for 10 days. AND NO SCALE. (And the stress--and joy--of traveling with four kids!) Haha. You'll be happy to know that I have an entire suitcase full of IP/IP alt stuff. While my kids are snarfing down the free waffles at breakfast, I'll be happily slurping away at my IP mango drink.

It might sound hard, but I'm actually really excited. Because I KNOW I can do this and stay totally OP. And if I can be OP for this, I can be OP for anything.

IT IS SO EXCITING. I CAN DO HARD THINGS! I CAN BE HAPPY WITHOUT WAFFLES!

So, farewell, my IPeeps. Your encouragement has kept me solid for the last month and I can't wait to report to you on the flip side. xoxoxox

ENJOY your vacation!!! You got this!!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
My daughter-in-law called us at 12:30am last night, she is 9 weeks pregnant and woke up in pain and drove her self to the hospital (25 miles away) and didn't even wake up my son to tell him. He wasn't answering the phone so she asked us to drive over and tell him to go to the hospital (etopic pregnancy). We drove him up there and took our 3 year old grandbaby back home with us. My hubby is home with her today. They did surgery and removed the baby and part of her tube. If you are a praying person, please say a prayer for her. My daughter is also pregnant,they were due 5 days apart, so it is going to be even more difficult for my daughter-in-law having that constant reminder. Sad.
Just needed to share that with someone.

Today is my WI, but my coach is out of town. So I have to wait until next Friday. My home scale doesn't match their scale so I really have no idea how much I lost. I guess that's not a bad thing. I'll be surprised next Friday.
Oh so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #33  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post

Good Morning!! I had my 6th WI yesterday and in 6 weeks I have lost 20lbs and 19 inches. My pants are "sagging" (I get on my son all the time for this). I am amazed and so motivated to continue on this journey! Congrats to everyone on their losses this week. Have a great OP weekend!!
Congrats on the loss. You are doing great.

Quote:
My daughter-in-law called us at 12:30am last night, she is 9 weeks pregnant and woke up in pain and drove her self to the hospital (25 miles away) and didn't even wake up my son to tell him. He wasn't answering the phone so she asked us to drive over and tell him to go to the hospital (etopic pregnancy). We drove him up there and took our 3 year old grandbaby back home with us. My hubby is home with her today. They did surgery and removed the baby and part of her tube. If you are a praying person, please say a prayer for her. My daughter is also pregnant,they were due 5 days apart, so it is going to be even more difficult for my daughter-in-law having that constant reminder. Sad.

Today is my WI, but my coach is out of town. So I have to wait until next Friday. My home scale doesn't match their scale so I really have no idea how much I lost. I guess that's not a bad thing. I'll be surprised next Friday.
Praying for your family.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #34  
Started IP 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Quote:

So sorry keeping the family in prayer..
Old 05-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
So sorry keeping the family in prayer..
Thank you everyone. I am a praying person. I believe that God is in control. Unfortunately my daughter-in-law is not a believer, which is going to make this even more difficult for her. I'm trusting God though!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #36  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
I have a question. I am on medication for Blood pressure and it is controlled. Is it ok to still have the salt as needed? I have not seen any issue. I am praying with the weight loss I will soon be able to throw those pills in the trash forever!
I also take meds for HBP. Yes, you still need the salt. It is weird since the doctors are always saying don't add salt. However, since you are no longer eating processed foods you won't be getting enough salt with out adding it yourself.

Also, when I did this diet the first time I got to a point where my medicine was making me so tired it was terrible (by blood pressure was too low). I called my doctor and she halved the medicine and then it was fine. I would definitely talk to you doctor if you have this problem.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #37  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Oh, I'm completely heartbroken over this. So, so sorry. Launching lots of prayers for you and your family.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #38  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Kellyc14: So sorry for your family's loss. So hard for all of you. You'll be in my prayers.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 333/190/155

"I thought, "this diet is stupid", and I was very tempted to get up and eat a bagel."

This made me laugh! I started in February and after a few days, I asked my husband "is this some stupid crazy thing we're doing?". Well, 3 1/2 months later, over 40 pounds down for me and almost 60 for him, it might be stupid, but it works. ;-) Hang in there. The first week is hard and getting in the rhythm takes a little practice, but it's worth it. You'll enjoy seeing the results. Just try and step away from the bagels! :-)
Old 05-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hooray - I have now moved out of the official BMI "Obese" category and moved into the only "Overweight" category! My BMI is now below 30%.
Next BMI goal is to move into the "normal" category but that will take another 39 pounds. I have a few other goals I can make before then. Next is -100 pounds while on IP (I started low carbs on my own before IP and hit -112 today).!
Way to go Schenectady! That is an awesome accomplishment. I love that you keep setting new goals for yourself, so great for motivation. Keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post

Good Morning!! I had my 6th WI yesterday and in 6 weeks I have lost 20lbs and 19 inches. My pants are "sagging" (I get on my son all the time for this). I am amazed and so motivated to continue on this journey! Congrats to everyone on their losses this week. Have a great OP weekend!!
Love the dancing sheep. Congratualtions Naenae on your loses, that is awesme.

Quote:
Oh Kellyc -such sad news for your daughter-in-law and son. Thinking of them and your family during this sad time.

Happy Friday everyone!
Have officially lost 100lbs on IP and feel so grateful for such a great program and forum. I saw the discussion on bra's earlier, my coach measured my bust today and noticed that it had grown and asked if I bought a new bra, my response, "yes a padded one!" I have lost 2lbs today and the inches keep coming off waist, hips, and bust.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 333/190/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hooray - I have now moved out of the official BMI "Obese" category and moved into the only "Overweight" category! My BMI is now below 30%.

I know that in some sense, the official formula for the BMI is arbitrary and not always accurate, but it is still a gauge and a way to set goals and milestones.

Next BMI goal is to move into the "normal" category but that will take another 39 pounds. I have a few other goals I can make before then. Next is -100 pounds while on IP (I started low carbs on my own before IP and hit -112 today).

Sun is shining, good day!
Congratulations! I am with you in the "overweight" category and have never been happier! I'll meet you in "normal" soon enough!
Old 05-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #42  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Way to go Schenectady! That is an awesome accomplishment. I love that you keep setting new goals for yourself, so great for motivation. Keep up the great work.

Love the dancing sheep. Congratualtions Naenae on your loses, that is awesme.

Oh Kellyc -such sad news for your daughter-in-law and son. Thinking of them and your family during this sad time.

Happy Friday everyone!
Have officially lost 100lbs on IP and feel so grateful for such a great program and forum. I saw the discussion on bra's earlier, my coach measured my bust today and noticed that it had grown and asked if I bought a new bra, my response, "yes a padded one!" I have lost 2lbs today and the inches keep coming off waist, hips, and bust.
Congratulations..a 100 lbs loss is such a wonderful milestone, you should be so proud of yourself!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

I am checking in, because I need to! I have been a mess with my eating and need to refocus on what is important to me -- my health!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #44  

Is turkey kielbasa sausage allowed on IP? I didn't think it was, then a ran across a recipie on here that had it in it?
Old 05-30-2014, 06:03 PM   #45  

Quote:
Is turkey kielbasa sausage allowed on IP? I didn't think it was, then a ran across a recipie on here that had it in it?
No sausage, not really.
Only meats on the sheet.
Closed Thread