Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #421  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post

Ladies, we are all here for the same cause, to lose weight and encourage each other.

I believe that the veterans are just looking out for us newbies and want to see us succeed. I myself need tough love!! as well as I need Linda's emoticons and cheer leading!!

Having said that, can't we just all get along?!
Oh Kelly, you are a voice of reason! And one smart cookie!
Ps... NO, I'm not saying cookies are on the IP protocol! hahaha! Love ya girl!
Old 06-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #422  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
Ps... NO, I'm not saying cookies are on the IP protocol! hahaha!
But cookies are on the P1 protocol! Check out the recipe thread - I made cookies all the time on P1!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I am pushing the "like" button on this! Pretty much a newbie still...but a discerning one...I will verify any information I get that doesn't seem to fit with what I understand of the plan. I have realized that my personality is ALL or NOTHING with dieting (pretty much been a NOTHING until now...haha). It is interesting for me to see how different people approach the thinking behind this diet.
I am just like you! I am ALL or NOTHING!!! I'm pretty much like that with everything in life.... But that is why this plan WILL work for me, because I am giving it my ALL. I don't know, it's such a mind thing, once I get my mind in it, i'm good, it just took me years to get my mind in it! That's another reason why I do not want to mess up, I fear I may not be able to get my mind back in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
Oh Kelly, you are a voice of reason! And one smart cookie!
Ps... NO, I'm not saying cookies are on the IP protocol! hahaha! Love ya girl!
Thank you ma'am!! Keep on doing what you are doing!! and keep them emoticons coming!!!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #424  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
But cookies are on the P1 protocol! Check out the recipe thread - I made cookies all the time on P1!
I want cookies!!! lol I think i'll give some recipes a shot this weekend. I'm particularly interested in the chocolate waffle pancakes someone mentioned!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #425  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
LOVE IT...hahaha! Ohhh, you are a girl after my own heart!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #426  
New Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Go to the clinic tomorrow and am scared silly. Also, how do I get one of those cute charts at the bottom to show my progress? I got an email when I joined about not having a signature for 20 days - is that what they were talking about? Scared - that I'll fail again, that it works for everyone but me, that I can't do it, that I'll give up...on and on. And it is expensive! But I'm open to the alternative route once I learn the ropes. Glad to be part of this group - together we can DO IT!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #427  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I am just like you! I am ALL or NOTHING!!! I'm pretty much like that with everything in life.... But that is why this plan WILL work for me, because I am giving it my ALL. I don't know, it's such a mind thing, once I get my mind in it, i'm good, it just took me years to get my mind in it! That's another reason why I do not want to mess up, I fear I may not be able to get my mind back in the game!
TOTAL mind game for me! It's so weird how it's as if a switch flipped in my brain, and all the denial I had about how I was eating was finished. I was not overweight until 4 years ago when one of my twins was stillborn. I just ATE my way through it and then just couldn't get my brain in the game anymore. I would fix veggies and a sensible meal for my kids and then find myself scarfing down McDonald's on my way to work a half hour later! I needed something like IP that would smack me across the face with: STOP EATING LIKE AN IDIOT!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #428  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife62 View Post
Go to the clinic tomorrow and am scared silly. Also, how do I get one of those cute charts at the bottom to show my progress? I got an email when I joined about not having a signature for 20 days - is that what they were talking about? Scared - that I'll fail again, that it works for everyone but me, that I can't do it, that I'll give up...on and on. And it is expensive! But I'm open to the alternative route once I learn the ropes. Glad to be part of this group - together we can DO IT!
to the Newbies group Newlife! Don't be scared girl! You are about to embark on something so amazing and wonderful! You are reclaiming your health and may be saving your life! Whoohoo! I am so happy you are here! I think that is a wise choice...work with your coach, read through the stickys at the top of the IP forum, and learn the ropes. Then when you feel more confident, you can venture out on your own a bit when you feel ready. YOU can do it...We CAN do it! Joining forces here with ya girl!

Ps...Yes, that is what they are talking about..once your 20 days has passed your signature column will open up and that is where you can post the weight loss tickers or other things of your choosing.

Last edited by AZLinda; 06-10-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #429  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
You have to wait 20 days and have a certain number of posts (25 maybe?) to get the option of the weight ticker.

If you stick to the protocol, you WILL lose weight. It seems overwhelming at first, but quickly becomes second nature. For me, the strictness of Phase 1 helps me stay the straight and narrow because I really lost my ability to make healthy choices before I started.

You are going to do great!!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #430  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
You can do it and it will work . Follow protocol and you will succeed. I have the same feelings as you and I'm sure we aren't alone.I have had days where I haven't followed 100% and have gained or stalled but, when I stick to it I lose. One day at a time.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #431  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
TOTAL mind game for me! It's so weird how it's as if a switch flipped in my brain, and all the denial I had about how I was eating was finished. I was not overweight until 4 years ago when one of my twins was stillborn. I just ATE my way through it and then just couldn't get my brain in the game anymore. I would fix veggies and a sensible meal for my kids and then find myself scarfing down McDonald's on my way to work a half hour later! I needed something like IP that would smack me across the face with: STOP EATING LIKE AN IDIOT!
Awe Evemomma! I'm so sorry to read about your loss. What a tragic

I was looking at your pictures and what a beautiful family you have! You are gorgeous! You are doing it now girl! I can't wait to see you at GOAL!

Last edited by AZLinda; 06-10-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 221.5

Height: 5'7"

i am confused about the bbq crisps and salt and vinegar crisps---are they restricted or unrestricted----my order form says unrestricted but the web site says restricted---which is it
Old 06-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 219/197/150

I started IP on May 20, 2014. I have lost 16 pounds! YEAH! It was my daughter's 21st birthday weekend and I said no to cookie cake and drinks! I was very proud of myself. I am struggling with some of the IP foods. I just don't like some of them! Any good tips?
Old 06-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 219/197/150

My list says the BBQ Ridges are restricted but, the BBQ Crisps aren't restricted! The BBQ Crisps are GREAT!
The Sea Salt and Vinegar Crisps are NOT RESTRICTED EITHER.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #435  

Quote:
Welcome to the group!! Don't be scared!! It will be the BEST thing that you have ever done for yourself!! This program works!! If I can do it, anyone can!! I was worried about the expense too, but then I broke it down to myself- I won't be spending money to eat out anymore, I won't be buying wine, soft drinks etc... when you look at it like that it's really not THAT much money. And trust me I don't have a lot of money, or money to blow. But I AM worth it. My health is worth it. Also, once you get in the groove of it you could use alternative products for a fraction of the price.
Glad to have you!! and yes WE CAN DO IT!!

Quote:
I am very sorry to hear about your baby.
Closed Thread