3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Calling all Newbies! IP or IP using Alternatives...Let's do this! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296165-calling-all-newbies-ip-ip-using-alternatives-lets-do.html)

NotCoolEnough 05-30-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLinda (Post 5012959)
Yes! So happy you mentioned that Johnsdeere! A different low carb plan that I once did recommended drinking bullion broth every single day for this reason. I forgot all about that! :)

See, I asked my coach about it and she didn't seem to think I should do chicken broth. I asked because of a stomach condition I have which can make eating veggies a bit difficult, but I do very well with soups so I figured I could just make my own with veggies and broth. Hmm. I kind of figured I'd try without making soups, but if I have trouble I'll go ahead and try it.

Butterfly2005 05-30-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLinda (Post 5012997)
The other girls are right.

The Scientific reason to avoid alcohol when you are trying to burn fat...even if you just had, say, jack daniels and water which is very low in calories and zero carbs, is this...

Alcohol is not stored as fat. Well maybe a tiny bit like 5% The main problem with taking in alcohol while trying to burn fat at the same time is that it will greatly lower the amount of fat your body will burn for energy. In fact, It pretty much puts the breaks on the fat burning process all together until your liver has cleaned the alcohol completely out of your system...which can be like 2 days. Our liver plays an extremely major role in fat metabolism, so when you take in alcohol, your liver will have to stop metabolizing fat and puts it's focus on clearing the acetate produced by the alcohol out of our bodies.

To me, this is just not going to be worth it. 2 days of no fat burning? Just to have a few drinks? Nope. And believe me, I love my cocktails. But I have decided that while I am in Phase 1, and until I reach my goal weight, alcohol will not play a role in my life.

So, what do you do when you have a party to go to and you don't want to have to explain to everyone why you are not partaking in the libations? Fool them! Bring your fancy cocktail glass and put in some crushed ice, fresh squeezed limes, splenda, and some sparkling mineral water, add in a clice of lime and nobody will ever know the difference. You can walk arond the party holding your glass sipping on your healthy drink and have piece of mind that you will continue on with your fat burning in full effect. Mix up a small amout into a thermos and bring it with you so that you have refills. One of my best friends is having her 50th birthday party this coming Saturday night, and pretty much everyone there will be drinking, so, this is exactly what my plan of attack will be. :carrot:

I am with you on this. alcohol has no place in this plan. I do love my happy hour to but I know that it has played a major role in my weight gain. I have committed not to having any and when I might allow myself again will be on very special occasions.in the very far future! This past weekend I would have had some wine or a beer but I did exactly what Linda said while my son and Hubby enjoy the drinks.. I was proud of myself the next day for sticking it out and the sparkling water hit the spot....

lisa32989 05-30-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough (Post 5013451)
See, I asked my coach about it and she didn't seem to think I should do chicken broth. I asked because of a stomach condition I have which can make eating veggies a bit difficult, but I do very well with soups so I figured I could just make my own with veggies and broth. Hmm. I kind of figured I'd try without making soups, but if I have trouble I'll go ahead and try it.

The broth would be in addition to your 3 daily packets.

For months my go-to lunch was an IP soup (my preference was cream chicken or mushroom) with at least 1 c veggies pureed in.

I would make a pot of (measured raw) veggies
After cooking, I'd puree.
Then I compared puree amt with raw amt so I knew how much 1 c. veggies was from my puree.

(example: if I started with 8 c. raw & got 4 c. puree, then 1 c veggies was .5 c of my puree)

My favorites for my puree: leeks, bok choy, mushrooms, and sometimes bell peppers

There is a whole veggie puree thread for people who have a hard time getting all veggies in. Check the first post of the Daily Chat for the link.

Butterfly2005 05-30-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 (Post 5013189)
Hello Everyone! I just discovered this forum and this is my first post. I am on day 3 today and so far so good. I am so motivated by reading all of your posts and the support here, in addition to the great ideas. Thank you all for sharing!

:welcome:

KillerKandy 05-30-2014 10:14 AM

Lisa I tried a banana nut and a raspberry one and just the thought of having any others makes my stomach turn so much that I end up not being in the mood to eat anything...its aweful.

lisa32989 05-30-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKandy (Post 5013522)
Lisa I tried a banana nut and a raspberry one and just the thought of having any others makes my stomach turn so much that I end up not being in the mood to eat anything...its aweful.

Those two, and the lemon are my least fav.

The chocolate chip cookie dough, double chocolate chunk, and brownie are my favs. I also like the oreo.

However, I try to go for LESS sweet & the choc. peanut butter fits that category. I'm a fan of cinnamon roll, as well.

KillerKandy 05-30-2014 10:43 AM

In regards to adding things to protocol,*enter shifty eyes*I am debating whether or not even to comment.....oh well I guess.
I dont believe in the 0/0/0 protocol because its not something that I find people will find doable afterwards (personal opinion) yes you weight loss maybe slower because of it, that is debateable, if it is then cut the extras and go to the 0/0/0. The protocol instills fear that something so small will throw you out of ketosis, and it really messes with your head. Yes maybe when you first start IP go gungho on the straight and narrow, but if you plan on being on the plan for a long time (over 4 months ish) and that day you have the one scoop of real peanut butter, or use a actual bottle of salad dressing you are going to be like 'Omg im out of ketosis I cheated im a terrible person.no will power' yadeda. Weigh yourself excessively to
see if anything happened.
I am only voicing my personal thoughts, been there done the strict stuff and if you get get carried away stalls do happen. But everyone has choices eat everything 0/0/0 go hard never 'cheat' and learn to love WF, or monitor note what does and doesnt work, reflect on your food journal note the carbs your taking in and compare to what a strict IP day is like which may take longer....who knows.
I just should stop there because I know this is a debatable topic, but thats what groups do right? Lol debate, and hear other sides

KillerKandy 05-30-2014 10:45 AM

Lisa I have been hearing that, maybe ill try another down the road but for now they will sit in my pantry.

Ruth Ann 05-30-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKandy (Post 5013546)
In regards to adding things to protocol,*enter shifty eyes*I am debating whether or not even to comment.....oh well I guess.
I dont believe in the 0/0/0 protocol because its not something that I find people will find doable afterwards (personal opinion) yes you weight loss maybe slower because of it, that is debateable, if it is then cut the extras and go to the 0/0/0. The protocol instills fear that something so small will throw you out of ketosis, and it really messes with your head. Yes maybe when you first start IP go gungho on the straight and narrow, but if you plan on being on the plan for a long time (over 4 months ish) and that day you have the one scoop of real peanut butter, or use a actual bottle of salad dressing you are going to be like 'Omg im out of ketosis I cheated im a terrible person.no will power' yadeda. Weigh yourself excessively to
see if anything happened.
I am only voicing my personal thoughts, been there done the strict stuff and if you get get carried away stalls do happen. But everyone has choices eat everything 0/0/0 go hard never 'cheat' and learn to love WF, or monitor note what does and doesnt work, reflect on your food journal note the carbs your taking in and compare to what a strict IP day is like which may take longer....who knows.
I just should stop there because I know this is a debatable topic, but thats what groups do right? Lol debate, and hear other sides

You know, you are absolutely right that most people will not do the 0/0/0 once they hit maintenance. I never thought I would and have learned (and am learning!) to add things back into my diet in moderation.

Part of this plan is retraining your brain - a craving will not kill you and will eventually go away. I found once I hit maintenance that I don't even want most of the foods I ate before starting IP. I like fresh veggies, protein, etc. I was glad to add back some fruit, a few grains, dairy, etc., but after a year without them I found that having them in moderation was much easier.

I think we all can agree that if we don't learn better habits, moderation, etc. while we're losing the weight it does not bode well for being able to maintain. None of us got here because we had great self-control when it came to eating - eating what I wanted/thought I needed made me really fat.

And you're right - this is a highly debatable topic! Good, healthy conversations about what we're doing and why benefit us all!

P.S. I hate most WF stuff - only used the pancake syrup and Thousand Island dressing for Big Mac in a bowl. Just could not stomach any of the other stuff.

tvizz 05-30-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5013350)

If you (a generic you, not you specifically) can't be disciplined now, how are you going to deal with maintenance when you have to make consistently good choices to maintain all the benefits of the weight loss you just put so much work into?

Whether you're using alternatives or IP products, learning to not let your "inner brat" be in charge of the food is critical to long term success.

We're all adults and will do what we decide to do, but I think the most successful people here will pretty much all tell you the same thing.

I love this Ruth Ann! It is so true. My first time around, I figured if I did "cheat" with an IP food, it wasn't so bad but it really didn't teach me about self control when I would do that - I let my "inner brat" take over. :) I've learned that I cannot have the Proti-Diet Dream Bars in my home. I hope to be able to one day......just not now.

tvizz 05-30-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5013562)

P.S. I hate most WF stuff - only used the pancake syrup and Thousand Island dressing for Big Mac in a bowl. Just could not stomach any of the other stuff.

I forgot to ask.....what is the Big Mac in a bowl? Sounds tasty!

Ruth Ann 05-30-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvizz (Post 5013587)
I love this Ruth Ann! It is so true. My first time around, I figured if I did "cheat" with an IP food, it wasn't so bad but it really didn't teach me about self control when I would do that - I let my "inner brat" take over. :) I've learned that I cannot have the Proti-Diet Dream Bars in my home. I hope to be able to one day......just not now.

Yep, some things just can't be around - they taste like "more". Yeah for you for figuring it out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvizz (Post 5013588)
I forgot to ask.....what is the Big Mac in a bowl? Sounds tasty!

Oh, it's super yummy! Let me see if I can find a link to the recipe or you can do a search for it.

FitTrish61 05-30-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5013562)
You know, you are absolutely right that most people will not do the 0/0/0 once they hit maintenance. I never thought I would and have learned (and am learning!) to add things back into my diet in moderation.

Part of this plan is retraining your brain - a craving will not kill you and will eventually go away. I found once I hit maintenance that I don't even want most of the foods I ate before starting IP. I like fresh veggies, protein, etc. I was glad to add back some fruit, a few grains, dairy, etc., but after a year without them I found that having them in moderation was much easier.

I think we all can agree that if we don't learn better habits, moderation, etc. while we're losing the weight it does not bode well for being able to maintain. None of us got here because we had great self-control when it came to eating - eating what I wanted/thought I needed made me really fat.

And you're right - this is a highly debatable topic! Good, healthy conversations about what we're doing and why benefit us all!

A craving will not kill me......Feeling a little hungry is not an emergency....I am practicing that mantra....... :-)

Julzfatnomore 05-30-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 (Post 5013189)
Hello Everyone! I just discovered this forum and this is my first post. I am on day 3 today and so far so good. I am so motivated by reading all of your posts and the support here, in addition to the great ideas. Thank you all for sharing!

Welcome!!!

So I used my $10 Target coupon yesterday, so excited to get this screaming deal. Had a strawberry one for breakfast, very yummy!! Was excited to have learned about these easy, great tasting RTD drinks...then I looked at the ingredients...SOY ISOFLAVONES....uuuuggghhh....soy wreaks havoc on your health, especially women and soy isoflavones are even worse, terrible stuff for you. My husband and I will finish these off then stick with IP shakes (whey protein...mucho better). Are there any OP RTD drinks that anyone knows of that are whey protein?

Getting ready to cook up my rotini...it's just pasta, how do we eat this stuff? Plain? Oil and salt and pepper? I think I need to invest in an IP cook book.

Feeling better each and every day!!!!

lisa32989 05-30-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore (Post 5013890)
Welcome!!!

So I used my $10 Target coupon yesterday, so excited to get this screaming deal. Had a strawberry one for breakfast, very yummy!! Was excited to have learned about these easy, great tasting RTD drinks...then I looked at the ingredients...SOY ISOFLAVONES....uuuuggghhh....soy wreaks havoc on your health, especially women and soy isoflavones are even worse, terrible stuff for you. My husband and I will finish these off then stick with IP shakes (whey protein...mucho better). Are there any OP RTD drinks that anyone knows of that are whey protein?

Getting ready to cook up my rotini...it's just pasta, how do we eat this stuff? Plain? Oil and salt and pepper? I think I need to invest in an IP cook book.

Yup agreed soy bad.

I got the anytime drinks from Nashua nutrition for my RTD.

And be sure to read labels on your IP products as well, many of them also have soy. I just bought some butterscotch pudding, forgetting it had soy. I will have to intersperse it carefully and not buy anymore

I don't use the pasta either, because I'm also gluten-free. But I have seen it made with some garlic olive oil, basil, and a bunch of vegetables

No need to spend the money on a cookbook. Just go to the first post of the daily chat and find all the links there

Julzfatnomore 05-30-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5013908)
Yup agreed soy bad.

I got the anytime drinks from Nashua nutrition for my RTD.

And be sure to read labels on your IP products as well, many of them also have soy. I just bought some butterscotch pudding, forgetting it had soy. I will have to intersperse it carefully and not buy anymore

I don't use the pasta either, because I'm also gluten-free. But I have seen it made with some garlic olive oil, basil, and a bunch of vegetables

No need to spend the money on a cookbook. Just go to the first post of the daily chat and find all the links there

Thanks!

JLUS 05-30-2014 07:36 PM

Quest vs other alternative bars...

Someone a few pages back mentioned hating quest so "sticking just to IP for restricted bars."

There are TONS of non-IP bars that are almost identical to IP's (and NOTHING LIKE Quest bars.) personally I am so-so on Quest, but LOVE most if the bars I selected from Nashua Nutrition from the Proti Diet, Port Thin, Weightliss Systems and HealthSmart brands. I used the info in the first post of the Alternate Product thread as well as some of the additional info I posted a few posts after that to carefully select IP compatible bars.

They cost about $2 each and some are identical to IP and others are very close. Just select carefully by evaluating calories, fats, carbs, protein using the info on compatibility!

lisa32989 05-30-2014 08:19 PM

I have to stick,with quest or simply bars b/c I'm soy & gluten-free. Most bars have one or the other...

IP43 05-30-2014 09:24 PM

Big Mac in a bowl is just a big mac, no bun, in your bowl: "2 all beef patties, special sauce (thousand island dressing), lettuce, (NO cheese) pickles, onions, NO Sesame Seed bun." -- and I add tomatoes :) The ground beef is your measured amount -- can be hot or cold. The thousand island dressing and pickles is what makes it for me. DELISH! and very filling.

IP43 05-30-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKandy (Post 5013546)
In regards to adding things to protocol,*enter shifty eyes*I am debating whether or not even to comment.....oh well I guess.....Yes maybe when you first start IP go gungho on the straight and narrow, but if you plan on being on the plan for a long time (over 4 months ish) ...

Killer Kandy -- I love the "shifty eyes" comment and I know what you mean about the "debate" part. I'm really only trying to offer helpful advice to new people just starting and I think your advice to go the straight and narrow when they first start is as important as your comment to not get stressed about the diet. If we are here on the "just starting in May thread" I worry when people are tweaking the plan and making changes already.Learn the plan and "how and why" it works so when one makes changes it is with a good understanding of what affects those changes may have on the results. That's all I meant.

I still also think getting advice on the daily from the people who have been doing this longer is also still good advice. We have experts here to help us -- let's use their knowledge to foster success! :)

Ruth Ann 05-30-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5013983)
Big Mac in a bowl is just a big mac, no bun, in your bowl: "2 all beef patties, special sauce (thousand island dressing), lettuce, (NO cheese) pickles, onions, NO Sesame Seed bun." -- and I add tomatoes :) The ground beef is your measured amount -- can be hot or cold. The thousand island dressing and pickles is what makes it for me. DELISH! and very filling.

Thanks IP43 - I meant to come back with a link and well, life happened. :dizzy:

I use dehydrated onions for my big mac in a bowl which is what the original uses - truly makes the taste!

KillerKandy 05-30-2014 10:06 PM

Yes IP43 I do agree sometimes my words come out a bit funny. I think the main thing I am trying to say is, go hard at it when you begin because you will see optimal results. But if you add something in later down the line you will notice if it negatively affects you right away. But if you do add something dont stress whipping out ketosis sticks and jumping on the scale and losing your mind if you add something with 1 or 2 extra carb counts into it, its just easier to stay away from it all together plus its a accomplishing feeling. With the PB2 for example I add it to promasil drink mix and it is 100 cal and 0 carbs, so adding half of the
serving of the PB2 and there for it doesnt even bring the carb count even close to that of a IP
pack (which I should have mentioned before) so I can mentally justify it. (I admit my brain saw this thread and I started posting, because im like hey! Im a newbie....then I realized I was just new because j started OP again. 2 years of IP prior doesnt really make ya new I guess anymore lol) sorry if I confused anyone, im just clearly devils advocate lol.
On a slightly more sane note(which im seriously contemplating if I truely am nutty from what I have been writing) had a mad craving for the chocolate raspberry bar last night at 8, so I whipped into the clinic and bought one today and just sat in my car making disturbing noises as I ate it because at that point it was absolutely freaking fabulous!

IP43 05-30-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKandy (Post 5014006)
..... had a mad craving for the chocolate raspberry bar last night at 8, so I whipped into the clinic and bought one today and just sat in my car making disturbing noises as I ate it because at that point it was absolutely freaking fabulous!

Great post Kandy -- and we're on the same page... by the way, I was "visualizing" you with the disturbing noises... would have liked to have been a "passerby" :lol3:

AZLinda 05-31-2014 12:05 AM

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/nurse.gif Hey guys! Today was my first day working since starting the program. What a difference just 10 days makes. Sure working a long 12 hour shift mostly on your feet running is no walk in the park, but wow! When my shift ended tonight, I am not kidding, I was half as tired and achy as I usually am. I am elated!

And how awesome! Look at all the posts today! I haven't read them yet, but going to go fill up my water glass and do just that :D

AZLinda 05-31-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkernjh (Post 5013335)
Neat - Do you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond near you? I found one there last night. Can't wait to try it out tonight (didn't make it to the grocery store after my other shopping ;))

I never thought of BBB carrying it! That's great! You are going to love that little gizmo :)

AZLinda 05-31-2014 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore (Post 5013890)
Welcome!!!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/ye...y-emoticon.gifGood to hear!!

AZLinda 05-31-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKandy (Post 5014006)
Yes IP43 I do agree sometimes my words come out a bit funny. I think the main thing I am trying to say is, go hard at it when you begin because you will see optimal results. But if you add something in later down the line you will notice if it negatively affects you right away. But if you do add something dont stress whipping out ketosis sticks and jumping on the scale and losing your mind if you add something with 1 or 2 extra carb counts into it, its just easier to stay away from it all together plus its a accomplishing feeling. With the PB2 for example I add it to promasil drink mix and it is 100 cal and 0 carbs, so adding half of the
serving of the PB2 and there for it doesnt even bring the carb count even close to that of a IP
pack (which I should have mentioned before) so I can mentally justify it. (I admit my brain saw this thread and I started posting, because im like hey! Im a newbie....then I realized I was just new because j started OP again. 2 years of IP prior doesnt really make ya new I guess anymore lol) sorry if I confused anyone, im just clearly devils advocate lol.
On a slightly more sane note(which im seriously contemplating if I truely am nutty from what I have been writing) had a mad craving for the chocolate raspberry bar last night at 8, so I whipped into the clinic and bought one today and just sat in my car making disturbing noises as I ate it because at that point it was absolutely freaking fabulous!

Yup...I Knew you were not a... quote on quote Newbie, and that you were restarting the program. I was happy as a clam you joined! That was my intention when I started the group. To have newbies, restarters, or whatever. There are a few others in the group, who like yourself, have had amazing results doing the program, but fell off and needed to get back on track. I think that is a common misconception that everyone posting in this group are all Newbies and don't know the program well. So now we know...lol! Anyways, I know I don't only speak for myself when I say that you are a very valuable member of the group KillerKandy and I'm looking forward to squashing a boat load of fat cells right along beside ya! :)

walkernjh 05-31-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLinda (Post 5012997)
The other girls are right.

The Scientific reason to avoid alcohol when you are trying to burn fat...even if you just had, say, jack daniels and water which is very low in calories and zero carbs, is this...

Alcohol is not stored as fat. Well maybe a tiny bit like 5% The main problem with taking in alcohol while trying to burn fat at the same time is that it will greatly lower the amount of fat your body will burn for energy. In fact, It pretty much puts the breaks on the fat burning process all together until your liver has cleaned the alcohol completely out of your system...which can be like 2 days. Our liver plays an extremely major role in fat metabolism, so when you take in alcohol, your liver will have to stop metabolizing fat and puts it's focus on clearing the acetate produced by the alcohol out of our bodies.

To me, this is just not going to be worth it. 2 days of no fat burning? Just to have a few drinks? Nope. And believe me, I love my cocktails. But I have decided that while I am in Phase 1, and until I reach my goal weight, alcohol will not play a role in my life.

So, what do you do when you have a party to go to and you don't want to have to explain to everyone why you are not partaking in the libations? Fool them! Bring your fancy cocktail glass and put in some crushed ice, fresh squeezed limes, splenda, and some sparkling mineral water, add in a clice of lime and nobody will ever know the difference. You can walk arond the party holding your glass sipping on your healthy drink and have piece of mind that you will continue on with your fat burning in full effect. Mix up a small amout into a thermos and bring it with you so that you have refills. One of my best friends is having her 50th birthday party this coming Saturday night, and pretty much everyone there will be drinking, so, this is exactly what my plan of attack will be. :carrot:

Linda - this is such great advice. Thanks for posting it. One other thing I learned from the videos is you can actually black-out if you have alcohol during phase one. It really affects your liver\kidney functions. Very dangerous. After one glass of red wine you could "blow" over the legal limit if you took a breathalyzer test. After watching that video I have had no desire for alcohol. I live alone and if I blacked out and fell no one would be around to make sure I was still living...:o

SuzieQ120 05-31-2014 12:33 PM

Hello All! I'm on day 5 today and doing pretty well so far. I have a killer headache right now, sounds like most advice is to take some salt and drink water, so I'll try that. Have any of you tried the Designer Whey bars from GNC? They have a similar nutritional profile, but I was wondering about taste.

AZLinda 05-31-2014 01:43 PM

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/he...y-emoticon.gif Happy Saturday! I was supposed to work today, but the hospital was slow so I ended up getting the day off..whoohoo!

Going to be a beautiful blue sky and sunny day here in Arizona, reaching a high of 107! Summer is here!http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/he...y-emoticon.gif

So, today is day 11 for me. Still loving the program and feeling better and better with each passing day. I think today I will add in some light cardio. I'll be in the pool a lot of today, so maybe I'll throw in some slow laps, and a little water aerobics while I'm at it...nothing very strenuous. See how I feel with that. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sp...y-emoticon.gif

Sometime today, I have to get to target so I can also get in on that deal they have going. And stop by Sprouts to get some ground buffalo and stock up on some more veggies..oh and also pick up some WF thousand Island dressing so I can make the "big mac in a bowl" http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/co...g-emoticon.gif Mmm, yummy!

Ps...I know, I know...I'm getting obsessed with all the emoticons! Can't help it, they are just so darn cute! ;)

AZLinda 05-31-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 (Post 5014281)
Hello All! I'm on day 5 today and doing pretty well so far. I have a killer headache right now, sounds like most advice is to take some salt and drink water, so I'll try that. Have any of you tried the Designer Whey bars from GNC? They have a similar nutritional profile, but I was wondering about taste.

Hi SuzieQ! Day 5 for you already? Whoohoo! Those detox headaches can be lil buggers for sure, but stick it out and it will pass, shouldn't be long now. I haven't tried the bars from GNC myself, but maybe one of the other gals has and can chime in. Keep up the awesome work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkernjh (Post 5014133)
Linda - this is such great advice. Thanks for posting it. One other thing I learned from the videos is you can actually black-out if you have alcohol during phase one. It really affects your liver\kidney functions. Very dangerous. After one glass of red wine you could "blow" over the legal limit if you took a breathalyzer test. After watching that video I have had no desire for alcohol. I live alone and if I blacked out and fell no one would be around to make sure I was still living...:o

Thank you Nancy and you are so very welcome! Wow, the information you learned from watching the video is pretty scary!

jeanl151 05-31-2014 02:49 PM

day 1

Hello,
I've watched my sister be successful for the last six weeks. Today is my first day. I'm hoping to learn more about the program by following this thread
Jean

AZLinda 05-31-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanl151 (Post 5014357)
Hello,
I've watched my sister be successful for the last six weeks. Today is my first day. I'm hoping to learn more about the program by following this thread
Jean

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/word/gli...y-emoticon.gif to the group Jean! So happy to have you join us! That is great that your Sister is having such successful results! Make sure you mosey around the forum, there are tons of information on all the different threads. :) Again, so happy you are starting!

JLUS 05-31-2014 04:05 PM

WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!

Just a reminder that we would LOVE to have you all ALSO join us in the Daily Chat thread, the Alternatives in Phase 1 thread, What Are You Eating thread, 100% thread and anywhere else you want to explore. It's great to have a community for those who are just joining IP and equally great to join in with the greater community of those who have blazed the path ahead of you!!

We WELCOME questions, comments, observations, venting... WHATEVER you need!

lisa32989 05-31-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5014402)
WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!

Just a reminder that we would LOVE to have you all ALSO join us in the Daily Chat thread, the Alternatives in Phase 1 thread, What Are You Eating thread, 100% thread and anywhere else you want to explore. It's great to have a community for those who are just joining IP and equally great to join in with the greater community of those who have blazed the path ahead of you!!

I'll second that
The group and the support is way bigger than one thread

Lots of info to find. Great place to start is the first post of the daily chat http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-1-2014-a.html

AZLinda 05-31-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5014004)
Thanks IP43 - I meant to come back with a link and well, life happened. :dizzy:

I use dehydrated onions for my big mac in a bowl which is what the original uses - truly makes the taste!

I plan on making the big mac in a bowl this weekend! Dehydrated onions, I never would have though of that...good tip, thank you Ruth Ann :)

Butterfly2005 05-31-2014 06:44 PM

Hi everyone, Hope you all are having a fab weekend. I am still plugging along and feeling great.

IP43 05-31-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5014402)
WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!

I'll third that! The daily thread is where you'll get the best advice from people who have been doing this awhile and you'll get lots of great support.
I personally love to read the 100% thread to hear how people who are devoted to this do it successfully. There is no talk of cheating allowed on that thread, so if hearing about temptations is hard for anyone, then that is the thread to follow. You'll get great ideas and support with only talk of ways to be successful on IP. :wel3fc:

AZLinda 05-31-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 (Post 5014493)
Hi everyone, Hope you all are having a fab weekend. I am still plugging along and feeling great.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/he...y-emoticon.gifHiya girlfriend! I AM having a fab weekend thank you! Especially since I got the day off work...LOL! Good for you! Me too!

Butterfly2005 05-31-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLinda (Post 5014532)
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/he...y-emoticon.gifHiya girlfriend! I AM having a fab weekend thank you! Especially since I got the day off work...LOL! Good for you! Me too!

:high: Hey GF woohoo we are really doing this. I am so proud of you and I know that we will get to goal.... :hug: