Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
GREAT JOB!! Love to hear how people handle situations that they are faced with. Give me encouragement to figure out how to get through mine. I have only been on the program for 3.5 weeks and have had to deal with:

Going on a business trip for 3 days,

an emergency medical situation with my Mom and Dad - had to stay at their house for 2 days and just had time to throw some clothes and IP packets in a bag on my way out the door,

2 days of Mother's Day celebration and being around all that tempting food....

Through it all I stayed 100% on the program.

Thanks to everyone on these threads...your great advice and encouragement really help.
Here is a great thread for those who,travel frequently
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-warrior.html
Old 05-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Just ordered three boxes of IP potato puree. So many recipes to try it with; I cannot wait!!!

Has anyone tried the Syntrax Nectar protein supplements with a spinach shake? I was thinking the fuzzy navel might be really good as a "glass of juice" first thing in the morning. The color might be a bit off, but we can just pretend it is orange pulp...
Personal preference here...
I prefer my spinach smoothies in a thick shake (syntrax nectar is definitely not thick). I make my spinach shakes with an IP milk chocolate pudding mix. I used to use the dark chocolate but gave it up when I restricted soy protein and gluten.

I do really like the frutier syntrax nectars (orange, lemonade, grapefruit). They are very refreshing. If you'd like to add some puréed spinach, it would probably give you that "pulp" feel. I'd probably put it in an opaque cup, however - or just call it your "green drink"

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-18-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #48  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh this morning! Hooray. I have finally passed into the 180's after struggling for a long time in the 190's.

I am four pounds away from leaving the BMI level for "obese" and moving into mere "overweight". To be under 30% BMI will be very exciting for me as I started high over 50%.

Now I see my signature on here and see 29 pounds to goal and I realize that I am getting closer and closer to being just a normal weight and looking like everyone around who doesn't get pitying or scornful looks in public.

To remember those looks and being treated as if I was stupid ('cause all fat people are stupid, right?) is painful but a valuable reminder of where I do not ever want to go again. Powerful motivation to keep going.....I have more shopping in my closet to go...
Congrats on the whoosh!!!! Always feels so good to drop a number! You will hit your goal before you know it!
Old 05-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 221.5

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973 View Post
Do you have migraines? Or is this a new "ache"? Just wondering, as I have a hard time differentiating between one of my "normal" migraines and a hunger headache sometimes, though I prefer the hunger headaches LOL!

I sometimes will do what my coach referred to as a "hot shot" which was a small glass of water with IP salt. It definitely helped if it was a hunger migraine.
thanks for your post---i only get migraines when i don't sleep correctly--i tend to get a headache every week but they are not severe...i think this was a hunger headache. i will try the "hot shot" next time. thx kathy
Old 05-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #50  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well even with everything going on I submitted my last paper for my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education and it passed. I officially have no more homework. I student teach in the fall, but I am doing it where I work so it won't be difficult, it'll be like going to work.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 218/197.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon! I'm finally back on IP using alternative products and I'm so happy that my weight loss has continued uninterrupted (except when I went off for a week due to unforeseen circumstances). So far, even through radation therapy, everything's been great. I ordered from both Diet Direct and Nashua and have found good products that seem to be working just fine. I hope you all have a great Sunday and successful week!
Old 05-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #52  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well even with everything going on I submitted my last paper for my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education and it passed. I officially have no more homework. I student teach in the fall, but I am doing it where I work so it won't be difficult, it'll be like going to work.
WOOOT WOOOOT..... one thing down -- and it's a biggie! Proud of you
Old 05-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I agree! During the past seven months, I have been to weddings, showers, birthday parties, out of town funerals, holiday parties, fancy charity teas, numerous family events and dinners, retirement parties, long weekend away in a B&B, happy hours, and a graduation dinner.

All of these events have been 100% OP. I do not say this in order to boast, I am saying it to show that it is just a matter of planning and a determined will. With prior proper planning any social event can be enjoyed on IP. I have learned that here on 3 FC. Thanks!

It gets easier as time goes by. People in your life accept the changes and it becomes normal. In the beginning there was some resistance to my bringing my own food, but once people saw my determination- they became completely supportive.

I also made a rule for myself- if I were to decide to indulge off of IP, it was going to be for joy, not stress or comfort. I did have a slip with more than one restricted in a day (proti diet peanut caramel bar). I have not purchased them since.

There are moments when I have plan fatigue. Sick of the food, sick of preparing and sick of not having a glass of wine. In these times, I have tried to change things up with new recipes, posting to different threads, going to classes at my clinic, and changing my IP packets. For me, information is power so reading a lot about other people's IP experiences has been amazingly helpful.

There have also been periods of very slow weight loss, water retention, and major "C". The answer was to just keep on protocol. The body is going to respond in it's own time. Persistence pays off!

Most of all- the results have been motivating. I am down 85 pounds since last June. I am no longer on blood pressure medication and I am happier by far. Plus, I love shopping now!

Every single one of us is worth the work. IP has given us the tools to beat this weight. Not just to look better, but to "really LIVE" healthier lives.

Last edited by Slipfree; 05-18-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #54  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
congrats Amber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLover View Post
Good afternoon! I'm finally back on IP using alternative products and I'm so happy that my weight loss has continued uninterrupted (except when I went off for a week due to unforeseen circumstances). So far, even through radation therapy, everything's been great. I ordered from both Diet Direct and Nashua and have found good products that seem to be working just fine. I hope you all have a great Sunday and successful week!
Glad to hear from you LakeLover - was just thinking about you! Glad to hear everything is going well and am continuing to root for you!
Old 05-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

I just have to have a little mini celebration here; After 4.5 months and 60 pounds, today I woke up to...... ONDERLAND!!!

I am so ecstatic. I almost cried. I still might. I have 4 kids and have not been below 200 for at least 15 years, if not more. I went out to Girls Night last night and resisted ALL temptation and this was my reward this morning. I feel amazing, and I just had to share!!
Old 05-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Day 3 and I'm not feeling so good. :-( I've had a headache since yesterday morning, and now I'm feeling nauseous. I've had several glasses of water with ip salt, doesn't seem to help. I've been reading y'all's posts non stop, they give me strength. I'm pretty much on my own in this journey. My daughter is my cheerleader, but she's in Grad school in Alabama. Please tell me this will pass. Also, I'm not sure where to post at....did I post this in the proper thread?
Old 05-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
I just have to have a little mini celebration here; After 4.5 months and 60 pounds, today I woke up to...... ONDERLAND!!!

I am so ecstatic. I almost cried. I still might. I have 4 kids and have not been below 200 for at least 15 years, if not more. I went out to Girls Night last night and resisted ALL temptation and this was my reward this morning. I feel amazing, and I just had to share!!
Yay Blondie! Welcome to Onederland! Congratulations on your hard work and resisting Girl's Night temptations.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #58  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
WOOOT WOOOOT..... one thing down -- and it's a biggie! Proud of you
Thanks it feels pretty good.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #59  
AmberLS

Quote:

That's awesome!!! Congratulations! I hope to be celebrating that in a couple weeks! WOOT WOOT>
Old 05-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Yesterday was traumatic, my family is experiencing a crisis and I didn't eat anything yesterday and I maybe got 64oz of water in. Today I feel terrible, but I'm sure crying and long day plays into that.
Thinking of you Amber during what sounds like a very challenging time.
On a happier note, congratulations handing in your last paper, a huge a accomplishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Need your input, please.

Last week my weight was stalled for the first time and I stayed at 190.5 ( I was at week 5 weigh in) and my coach suggested I use the nova cleanse to "get my system going." I looked at the package and told her that I was going to have to research the product to understand it better before I purchase it and she was fine with that.
Fast forward to this week and after a 3 lb loss, we got to talking about the cleanse product again. She said that I need to do the product, that it is part of the protocol, and if I don't do it now I need to do it in the near future. Now I researched it and there are a lot of conflicting views.
My question is, who here has used the cleanse product and what were the effects? Is it absolutely necessary to use to stay true to the program? Will not using it affect my weight loss? Help!
Hi Sully, It sounds like things started to move without the cleanse. You mentioned not eating as much lettuce and veggies, that may help more than the cleanse. I have lost close to 100lbs on IP and have not bought the cleanse nor will from what I have read. I think it is a bit of $$ grab and like Ruth anne, would look to a health food store for something alternative.

Quote:

Way to go Blondie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Day 3 and I'm not feeling so good. :-( I've had a headache since yesterday morning, and now I'm feeling nauseous. I've had several glasses of water with ip salt, doesn't seem to help. I've been reading y'all's posts non stop, they give me strength. I'm pretty much on my own in this journey. My daughter is my cheerleader, but she's in Grad school in Alabama. Please tell me this will pass. Also, I'm not sure where to post at....did I post this in the proper thread?
Hang in there Kellyc, it will pass and yes posting in the daily chat is a great way to get your questions answered and lots of support. The first few days of IP are HARD, you are giving up sugar, carbs, and other indulgences. Keep up with your water, salt, and have a nap. You should feel better in the next day or so.

I'm at my parent's cottage and enjoying being outside and just relaxing. Brought all my IP food with me. I can finally jump on our trampoline with my kids because I don't exceed the weight restrictions! I am having a blast on it and they seem really happy that Mommy can play with them.
Closed Thread