Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #31  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
The initial start up covers 12 coaching sessions, after that you have to re-up with another fee at my clinic. Pretty sure IP corporate knows, because my clinic was one of their award winners last year.
Wow -- amazing how different things are. My coach told me at sign up that it was "fee for life" so that's why I never begrudged buying the food etc. I got a half hour of her time weekly for my sign up fee and food. I stopped going to her, and she still said I can come back anytime. Sorry to hear that's not the case everywhere...
Old 05-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Yikes - $20 a week for coaching? I paid the start up fee (which I think was about $300) and then for packets of course, but the start up fee included coaching forever. Funny how different clinics charge differently - I figured the clinic is making the money on the packets.

Then again, if you have a really good coach it is truly worth the money!
This was the same as my clinic... Plus I won an auction for 100 off the start up fee which included the first week food kit & your vitamins. Coaching for free is still going on in maintenance... I chose every two weeks. I have a wonderful coach.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #33  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
T... Everyone ate and enjoyed, and I've made sure to get my water in today. We did a 5k color run/walk this morning to keep our minds off of things.
Wow -- I don't do a 5K on a good day so good for you! You know we're here and thinking of you Keep focused on resting, being there for your kids and getting your food in and stay off the scale for the week. You know the stress is going to play havoc with your system so leave that "stress" out of it till next week -- or the one after that. I know you're dealing with a lot, but you're always so strong and it looks like you're refocusing and keeping the kids your priority -- that's probably the best way to handle whatever it is.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #34  
Diane on track July 2014

My husband is in "spring cleaning mode" -- which isn't a bad thing normally, but it's the freezer and pantry he has decided to clean... BY COOKING and eating all kinds of weird things. He is trying to lose weight too, but yesterday made chocolate mousse and today an oreo cheesecake. He has NEVER in his life made any of that kind of stuff but his rationale is he wants that stuff out of the house so he can lose weight...??? I suggested he just donate it to the food bank or the garbage bin instead of feeling he has to eat the pantry clean . Go figure. Anyway, it goes to show the "mental" part of the weight loss battle -- and he hasn't made that mental leap yet. He'll probably gain 5 lbs by trying to clean the pantry for his healthy food choices! LOL...
...He's asleep... maybe the "pantry elf" will come tonight and chuck out all the "tempations"...

Last edited by IP43; 05-17-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #35  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Yesterday was traumatic, my family is experiencing a crisis and I didn't eat anything yesterday and I maybe got 64oz of water in. Today I feel terrible, but I'm sure crying and long day plays into that. I can't really go into detail about what's going on, but its the kind of thing that makes you sick to your stomach. It's worse than when my dad passed away last year. I am trying hard to eat my foods and veggies today. I think I'm going to take a nap.
Praying for you and your family.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

Need your input, please.

Last week my weight was stalled for the first time and I stayed at 190.5 ( I was at week 5 weigh in) and my coach suggested I use the nova cleanse to "get my system going." I looked at the package and told her that I was going to have to research the product to understand it better before I purchase it and she was fine with that.
Fast forward to this week and after a 3 lb loss, we got to talking about the cleanse product again. She said that I need to do the product, that it is part of the protocol, and if I don't do it now I need to do it in the near future. Now I researched it and there are a lot of conflicting views. I am leaning towards the side of not needing it since I do not believe in those kind of bowel and bladder detoxes. I do drink an herbal tea (regularitea from a local herbalist) every couple of days, especially when I am not eating a lot of lettuce/ roughage, to keep things moving.
My question is, who here has used the cleanse product and what were the effects? Is it absolutely necessary to use to stay true to the program? Will not using it affect my weight loss? Help!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Hope you're having a great weekend! I have been so MIA lately and so not OP. I've been half-assing it so to say and it's not surprising I didn't lose anything this week. Between rotating day/night 12 hour shifts, the puppy and planning my wedding, end of April to now has been insane. It's not an excuse as I know everyone's life gets crazy, but I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for 2 weeks now. I need to do a better job of getting all my water in, measuring out vegetables and prepping meals ahead of time to plan. I think another problem is that I am just getting so sick of the IP/Nashua products and Phase 1 allowed vegetables. I really want to see this through til I hit goal, but my motivation is seriously waning - how do those of you who have hit a rut get yourself out???

Last edited by sunflwr816; 05-18-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #38  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Need your input, please.

Last week my weight was stalled for the first time and I stayed at 190.5 ( I was at week 5 weigh in) and my coach suggested I use the nova cleanse to "get my system going." I looked at the package and told her that I was going to have to research the product to understand it better before I purchase it and she was fine with that.
Fast forward to this week and after a 3 lb loss, we got to talking about the cleanse product again. She said that I need to do the product, that it is part of the protocol, and if I don't do it now I need to do it in the near future. Now I researched it and there are a lot of conflicting views. I am leaning towards the side of not needing it since I do not believe in those kind of bowel and bladder detoxes. I do drink an herbal tea (regularitea from a local herbalist) every couple of days, especially when I am not eating a lot of lettuce/ roughage, to keep things moving.
My question is, who here has used the cleanse product and what were the effects? Is it absolutely necessary to use to stay true to the program? Will not using it affect my weight loss? Help!
I went the entire program without using the cleanse and my coach never even suggested it to me. In my opinion only, I think "cleanses" as a rule are unnecessary as long as you have functioning organs - that's what they are designed to do.

That said, if I was having problems with the big C I did drink Smooth Move Tea, etc. (I'm not counting the times after surgery when it is almost a given that you are going to back up and I was prescribed heavy duty laxatives.)

I believe the biggest ingredient in the IP cleanse is psyllium (sp?) husks which you can buy at any health food store rather cheaply.

Like I said, just my two cents and I know some people have used the IP cleanse and thought it was great.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Hi all! Hope you're having a great weekend! I have been so MIA lately and so not OP. I've been half-assing it so to say and it's not surprising I didn't lose anything this week. Between rotating day/night 12 hour shifts, the puppy and planning my wedding, end of April to now has been insane. It's not an excuse as I know everyone's life gets crazy, but I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for 2 weeks now. I need to do a better job of getting all my water in, measuring out vegetables and prepping meals ahead of time to plan. I think another problem is that I am just getting so sick of the IP/Nashua products and Phase 1 allowed vegetables. I really want to see this through til I hit goal, but my motivation is seriously waning - how do those of you who have hit a rut get yourself out???
I tried some new recipes
Old 05-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #40  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wait. what?
The cost of the food is supposed to pay the coach (which is why the price is inflated)
My one-time startup cost was about 350 but it included the first week's food, shaker, and materials.
No cost for WIs (even on the bioimpedence scale, which some coaches charge for). The only charge was the weekly food. This food is not that expensive. The mark-up is to pay the coach.

I see a rip-off. I wonder what IP corporate would say about a $20 weekly WI fee? I'd call and ask if I were you. Are you getting anything else for the $20? Blood or other lab work? massage? Chiro adjustment? I'm serious here...

I bet you might be able to find another Chicagoland clinic without the exhorbitant fees...
My experience is similar to Lisa's. I had an initial mini physical; blood work, additional thyroid blood work, Dr.'s consultation. This was covered by my health insurance since I was due for the physical.

After that I have only purchased the products - no weekly fee. Can't imagine paying an extra fee on top if the cost of the products. The average cost for a box of food is $28.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I went the entire program without using the cleanse and my coach never even suggested it to me. In my opinion only, I think "cleanses" as a rule are unnecessary as long as you have functioning organs - that's what they are designed to do.

That said, if I was having problems with the big C I did drink Smooth Move Tea, etc. (I'm not counting the times after surgery when it is almost a given that you are going to back up and I was prescribed heavy duty laxatives.)

I believe the biggest ingredient in the IP cleanse is psyllium (sp?) husks which you can buy at any health food store rather cheaply.

Like I said, just my two cents and I know some people have used the IP cleanse and thought it was great.
Thanks, Ruth Ann. My gut says that the regularitea is probably doing what I need to get done and I will continue to pass on the cleanse product. I think my stall was hormonal - TOM. I may search of the psyllium husks that you mentioned as well.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #42  

Just ordered three boxes of IP potato puree. So many recipes to try it with; I cannot wait!!!

Has anyone tried the Syntrax Nectar protein supplements with a spinach shake? I was thinking the fuzzy navel might be really good as a "glass of juice" first thing in the morning. The color might be a bit off, but we can just pretend it is orange pulp...
Old 05-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #43  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Need your input, please.

I was offered it. Here in canada it is liquid. I told her I can't take liquid medicine. I throw up immediately! She let it go. Plus I was not having any trouble with my weight loss and no big C issues.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #44  

Quote:
Thanks, Ruth Ann. My gut says that the regularitea is probably doing what I need to get done and I will continue to pass on the cleanse product. I think my stall was hormonal - TOM. I may search of the psyllium husks that you mentioned as well.
One week zero loss isn't a stall. It is a normal part of losing weight because weight loss is jagged, not linear. When we step on the scale, we are measuring more than fat loss. Our bodies can hold into weight by holding water or by becoming slightly constipated. The cleanse could help with constipation, but so could buying some Calm (a magnesium supplement).

The reasons our bodies retain water are numerous. They include not only excessive sodium intake but also hormonal changes. Did you know most WL studies and ketogenic studies were done on men? Their systems aren't as complex, with monthly shifting hormonal levels. And it isn't only sex hormones. Others like cortisol, leptin, and grehlin (to name a few) play important roles in both fat loss and overall scale weight.

It doesn't surprise me that a coach would play on someone's fear to sell a product, however. They ARE in the business to make money.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #45  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Today was my nephew's graduation (so proud of him, cue the water works again!) and we had a BBQ afterwards. I'm used to saying no to food because I have to be gluten free, but what I did is pack my lunch tote with some slices of ham, shakes, bars, and my Kay's Naturals Kruncheez. Was it too much? Probably, but I had it all right there. Long story short, I had a hamburger patty between pieces of lettuce and ate some pickles on the side. I was stuffed from that and the Kruncheez. I kept to iced water and did great.

Now I'm sipping on my spinach shake at home after getting my cauliflower ready for "rice" later. YUM!
GREAT JOB!! Love to hear how people handle situations that they are faced with. Give me encouragement to figure out how to get through mine. I have only been on the program for 3.5 weeks and have had to deal with:

Going on a business trip for 3 days,

an emergency medical situation with my Mom and Dad - had to stay at their house for 2 days and just had time to throw some clothes and IP packets in a bag on my way out the door,

2 days of Mother's Day celebration and being around all that tempting food....

Through it all I stayed 100% on the program.

Thanks to everyone on these threads...your great advice and encouragement really help.
Closed Thread