Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #436  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProtein14 View Post
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp

I found this bar on the Nashua site. I couldn't believe that it appears to be unrestricted. Now I know some go by under 8 as unrestricted and some do 8 and under. Either way...what do you think?

calories 140
cal from fat 40
Total carb 18
dietary fiber 10
sugar 3
sugar alcohol 3
protein 15

If I am going by 8 and under unrestricted then it would work right?
That's really interesting - is that the only bar at Nashua that comes out to be Unrestricted? I got tired of clicking on each one to read the stats... it's always good to find more Unrestricted snacks...
Old 09-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 200/146/130

Height: 5'7

Yes. I clicked on everything. EVERYTHING. lol.
On a side note: I just realized the proti-thin pasta is out of stock and not coming back. Oh so sad for unrestricted pasta to go away. Now I have a ton of WF pasta sauce with nothing to put it on.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #438  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

I am looking for the most possible Unrestricted items when I order from Nashua.

[ETA: the Labor Day sale is still going on for this week - LABOR5 to get 5% off entire order. I always buy just over the $99 free shipping limit, and I had to add a few protein powder samples to get back up there after the discount ]

Here's what I have on my Unrestricted list:
  • HealthSmart Golden Delicious Pancakes
  • HealthSmart Oatmeals
  • HealthSmart Sloppy Joe mix
  • Proti-Diet Chili
  • Proti-Thin soy snacks, salt and vinegar (have tried and liked)
  • Proti-Thin soy snacks, BBQ (haven't tried yet)
Restricted items include:
  • Proti-Diet Peanut Butter Cookie
  • Quest bars
  • Proti-Thin Zipper Snacks, Sour Cream and Fine Herbs
And... one of my faves... the super-restricted
  • HealthSmart Spaghetti Bolognese (140 cal/14 g net carb)

Last edited by EmmaD; 09-04-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #439  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
On a side note: I just realized the proti-thin pasta is out of stock and not coming back. Oh so sad for unrestricted pasta to go away. Now I have a ton of WF pasta sauce with nothing to put it on.
Zucchini noodles!!

Quote:

I found this bar on the Nashua site. I couldn't believe that it appears to be unrestricted. Now I know some go by under 8 as unrestricted and some do 8 and under. Either way...what do you think?

calories 140
cal from fat 40
Total carb 18
dietary fiber 10
sugar 3
sugar alcohol 3
protein 15

It's a bit higher in calories than unrestricteds should be (usually it's 80-120 calories) but the carb count is right...for me, I would probably count it as an unrestricted but only use it once or twice a week at most just because of the calories.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
A co-worker who is also on IP called Nashua a few weeks ago was told that proti-thin is looking for a new manufacturer for the pasta. They expect it to be available again eventually, but it may be a while.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #441  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

I've been eating this Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp bar as unrestricted for about two weeks -- my weight loss has slowed down and I'm feeling super bloated and this bar is the only new thing I'm doing. I'm not sure if my slow down is just par for the course or what. I am in the process of counting the bar as restricted to see what happens. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #442  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Zucchini noodles!!
oh YEAH! This is a great option! I love "zoodles" way more than the Proti-thin Fusilli (or the shirataki noodles I have used in the past, which I don't even know if can be used on IP, but I think not).

Plus you get to have something else for your "packet". Win-win

I just bought the Vegetti thing-o that looks like a big pencil sharpener. I was *very* suspicious of it as it is one of those "As Seen on TV" things you can find in a pharamacy. I LOVE IT. At least for zucchini, haven't tried anything else. Much less waste than when I was doing it with a julienne peeler. Last night I did the wide noodles, like linguini or fettuccine, sauteed with a spritz of olive oil and crushed garlic, with shrimp on top - like shrimp scampi. YUM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #443  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post

I just bought the Vegetti thing-o that looks like a big pencil sharpener. I was *very* suspicious of it as it is one of those "As Seen on TV" things you can find in a pharamacy. I LOVE IT. At least for zucchini, haven't tried anything else. Much less waste than when I was doing it with a julienne peeler. Last night I did the wide noodles, like linguini or fettuccine, sauteed with a spritz of olive oil and crushed garlic, with shrimp on top - like shrimp scampi. YUM.
Good to know! I have seen the commercial for it a few times, I never know how well they are really made (I hate spending money on stuff that falls apart!) and my julienne peeler from BB&B is nearly indestructible. I will have to check it out especially if it wastes less of the veg!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 200/146/130

Height: 5'7

Ah man. I got so super excited about this maybe being unrestricted that I forgot to check the calories. Geez!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #445  

I have a question about water enhancers. I was using Mio but recently learned it contains aspartame (I guess a no no with the IP diet). Has anybody used or is it OK to use Stur water enhancers. The nutrition is as follows:

Stur
Stevia Sweetened Water Enhancer, Freshly Fruit Punch
1.4 fl oz.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 mL (1 Squeeze in 8 oz. of water)
Servings Per Container: Approx. 20

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 0

Total Fat 0 g
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g

All natural ingredients. 100% vitamin C with stevia. Zero sugar and calories.

Other Ingredients: Water, natural flavor, citric acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), vegetable juice (color), natural stevia extract.

Stur does NOT use artificial or chemical sweeteners commonly found in other water enhancers and bottled beverages, such as Sucralose, Aspartame, and Acesulfame Potassium. Stur also does NOT use artificial or chemical flavors or colors such as Yellow Lake 5, Blue 1, Red 40, etc.

I have a hard time drinking all the water and was wondering if this is OK to use on the IP Diet. Thanks!!
Old 09-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #446  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:

calories 140
cal from fat 40
Total carb 18
dietary fiber 10
sugar 3
sugar alcohol 3
protein 15

As delicious as these are.....they give me the WORST pains in my stomach from the sugar alcohol.....so I had to stop buying them.

Last edited by disgal; 09-04-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #447  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
I would count it as unrestricted. The calories are above the usual IP unrestricted, but the Mango RTD has 150.

The WLS Double Chocolate Cake is unrestricted and easier to make than a mug cake (with the IP chocolate drink packet). The protein is a bit low when compared to IP, but that could be balanced out with your other choices for the day. Some might consider the fat to be high or right at the limit; however, there are a number of IP products that have more than 30% fat.

Calories 120 Calories from Fat 40

Total Fat 4.5g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars 3g
Protein 12g

Last edited by psjones; 09-04-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #448  
Started IP July 28, 2014

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a communal Google spreadsheet to track alternatives and maybe each "active" member on alts could have a column where they put a quick rating of it (optional obviously). I'm basically doing it for myself right now as I try all of the new things I bought, but it wouldn't be too hard to transfer it online. We could have it set up similarly to Lisa's challenge spreadsheet, where you need to be invited to view it.

If there's enough interest, I can definitely get it going in the next couple of weeks.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #449  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

Sarahbee....sounds like a great idea!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #450  

New Nashua Nutrition savings code received today...

SEP5B is good for $5 off your next order. Limit is 1 per customer and the code is good until 9/30/14.
Closed Thread