Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #91  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
I had a the same problem/NSV yesterday. I was late to work because I couldn't find any pants that fit. Everything from last spring/summer was literally falling off, so much so that I couldn't even attempt to wear them. Going to have to do some thrift store shopping this weekend. Such a good problem to have, I'm not complaining! :-)
Yeah you! For me it's one particular pair of pants that I could always count on to not stretch enough during the day that I didn't have to wear a belt. I definitely needed a belt yesterday!!

My home scale isn't registering much of a loss so far this week. My official WI isn't until Tuesday but usually by Friday morning I am well on my way to my total loss for the week. So far I'm only down half a pound, so maybe this will be a low pound loss week but more inches? Maybe I'll skip restricteds for the weekend and see if I can surprise myself by Tuesday. This week has also been very irregular for me...Coming off a rough travel weekend, have had a meeting or event every night and Wednesday I was up and about from 5:30 am until 11 pm, which is longer than usual. Also more exercise than usual this week too (bowling and hammering down shingles on a roof all day for volunteer work). I'm sure that's affecting things too.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 221.5

Height: 5'7"

hey all---i am on day 3 of phase I and a vegetarian---looking for folks who are in phase I still that are veggies. all of the threads for veggies are from years ago---looking for comrades
Old 05-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #93  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Ok experienced IPers who've gone off and on... question about ketosis. So as many of you know I went off the plan on Friday. So my curiosity is in the mechanism. When I first started the 2-4th days were rough and as we know its because our bodies are detoxing off of carbs. Well since I don't have 6 years worth of carb eating and fat built up in there is it possible that ketosis happens sooner or maybe just the "withdrawals" aren't so bad. I have at no point felt hungry or had any of the issues I had the first time.
I recently went off plan for about 10 days, got back on Tuesday and was in back in ketosis on Friday morning. I did have some cravings over the two days but they didn't seem as bad. I think it also helps knowing now that it is just temporary and once you get back into ketosis they will go away.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #94  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I had my WI yesterday afternoon and only lost 1/2 lb.....I'm only on Day #16. I did cheat on mother's day so my coach said that was what did it. And this weekend I have an event that is centered around food and wine and I know I can't get out of cheating with the alcohol.
I am already feeling guilty.....
Old 05-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Woohoo half way to goal! I see Onederland in the very near future.
Congratulations on the half way point. I know I was super excited when I hit that point. It is good to celebrate milestones and let the joy keep you motivated.

Hang in there for Onederland - I hope I NEVER EVER see any weight beginning with a 2 again. As I am less than 10 pounds from that, I need to keep 100% OP.

Mother Nature conspired, though, because those last few pounds approaching Onederland seemed to come off so slowly, almost as if I were being teased.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #96  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

May 16, 2014 - Friday Weekend Warm-up

This weekend, keep in mind that you won’t regret what you don’t eat (or drink)! It can feel really hard in the moment to decide against [alcoholic beverage] or [special treat], but once the situation has passed, you’ll always feel happy that you didn’t give in.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Hey KSDUNHAM-

I am a veggie as well and it looks like we are at similar heights and starting weights.

I have been relying on protein powder and allowing fish and eggs for my daily protein.

How strict of a veggie are you? What have you been using. I am unsure of how to get the amount of protein without allowing fish and eggs.

Anyone else?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
What is wrong SarahBell?
First let me say Congrats on graduating and second a HUGE for your 100lb loss!! You are glowing in your graduation picture and look AMAZING!!!

I am just at the end of my rope. I feel burnt out, stressed, tired- worried (we are in the final stages of buying a new house in TX and it is stressing me out). Emotionally I am a wreck.

I fell off IP a month ago, and I desperately trying to get back on. One step at a time and I am trying to eat things that I am not suppose to have. I woke up last night at 3am with a migraine and nausea. I am still suffering after taking excedrine migraine two times now, coffee and a good dose of sea salt.

I have so much to do around here. I need to find time to get to my parent house before we move

I just need a mantra I can follow to keep on a narrow path to where I was before and lose my last 40lbs or so

thanks to any one who asked if they can help, I just need help rebooting and get back on track. I am waiting for the next Nashua free shipping over $99 sale so I restock LOL.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #99  
IP Start 04/29/2014

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Woohoo half way to goal! I see Onederland in the very near future.
HOORAY!!!! Kudos to you!!!! Seeing post like this keep a newbie (such as myself) inspired!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am just at the end of my rope. I feel burnt out, stressed, tired- worried (we are in the final stages of buying a new house in TX and it is stressing me out). Emotionally I am a wreck.

I fell off IP a month ago, and I desperately trying to get back on. One step at a time and I am trying to eat things that I am not suppose to have. I woke up last night at 3am with a migraine and nausea. I am still suffering after taking excedrine migraine two times now, coffee and a good dose of sea salt.

I have so much to do around here. I need to find time to get to my parent house before we move

I just need a mantra I can follow to keep on a narrow path to where I was before and lose my last 40lbs or so

thanks to any one who asked if they can help, I just need help rebooting and get back on track. I am waiting for the next Nashua free shipping over $99 sale so I restock LOL.
Oh, SarahBell - I can only say I have just been where you are now...a move and falling off IP from the stress. It is so very hard and I can sense that this is shaking your world up pretty badly.

A few suggestions that helped me - we are entering our second month after the move and settling in a bit.

First - when we moved, we took NO FOOD that was not IP. Give it away to a food bank, friends, whatever, but get rid of triggers wherever possible. This is a chance to set up your house, kitchen, pantry with only good things. I know you have kids, yes?, so that is not completely possible for them but try for yourself.

Second, be determined to take it one meal, one day. PLAN what your next meal will be and use all your willpower to make that one meal perfect. Repeat over and over, each day, one step.

Third, if you can, find time for yourself in whatever way you can...a long soak in the tub, a walk outside, a good book, a great movie, a long cry. Do not let food be that release for you because it is only temporary for the time it takes for the food to get in your mouth. It feels MUCH WORSE later. Not worth it.

I found when I went off IP, I got headaches and felt horrible. After eating clean and healthy for so long, the additives and carbs and fat from bad food made me feel bad. I work up with a nasty mouth, nasty mood and nasty attitude.

Try to get one day under your belt being very strict and caring for yourself. See if you feel a bit better the next morning. Check back with the people on here - they are very supportive of you and your journey.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Oh, SarahBell - I can only say I have just been where you are now...a move and falling off IP from the stress. It is so very hard and I can sense that this is shaking your world up pretty badly.

A few suggestions that helped me - we are entering our second month after the move and settling in a bit.

First - when we moved, we took NO FOOD that was not IP. Give it away to a food bank, friends, whatever, but get rid of triggers wherever possible. This is a chance to set up your house, kitchen, pantry with only good things. I know you have kids, yes?, so that is not completely possible for them but try for yourself.

Second, be determined to take it one meal, one day. PLAN what your next meal will be and use all your willpower to make that one meal perfect. Repeat over and over, each day, one step.

Third, if you can, find time for yourself in whatever way you can...a long soak in the tub, a walk outside, a good book, a great movie, a long cry. Do not let food be that release for you because it is only temporary for the time it takes for the food to get in your mouth. It feels MUCH WORSE later. Not worth it.

I found when I went off IP, I got headaches and felt horrible. After eating clean and healthy for so long, the additives and carbs and fat from bad food made me feel bad. I work up with a nasty mouth, nasty mood and nasty attitude.

Try to get one day under your belt being very strict and caring for yourself. See if you feel a bit better the next morning. Check back with the people on here - they are very supportive of you and your journey.
You post made me cry

I am trying to avoid all the non ip stuff. BUT with 3 kids and hubby who like their things it's hard. I am doing better today. I do great until after 4pm then it is hard until bed. I cannot go to bed early not an option, stay out of the kitchen not an option- chewing cinnamon gum YES! That has been my life line this week- I bought 6 pkgs of dentine fire so that has helped plus oolong tea.

Today for lunch I am going to have 4 oz of grilled chicken with a nice salad- lettuce, spinach, grilled zuchinni onions and bit of onion and home made dressing. And dinner chicken salad (left over grilled chicken with WF mayo) stuffed into mini peppers and boiled or grilled for abt 10-15 mins. and a salad (good old lettuce with EVOO and seasoning and salt with lemon)

I feel like I have let myself down I just need a hig
Old 05-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #102  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Super awesome to see everyone losing weight on here! I think IP is a great way of eating.
Supplements- I buy all my supplements from the Superstore because they are so much cheaper. My Coach told me that the only one I need to for sure buy from them is the Potassium because the ingredients in others arent the same.
It seems to still be working for me. I also couldnt swallow those omega pills so I buy the small ones. haha. I am not sure if it affects me too much or not.
Hope you are feeling better Sarah! Stress is so hard on your body. Hang in there! Its sounds like you have a big support group right here on this site
Old 05-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am waiting for the next Nashua free shipping over $99 sale so I restock
Nashua ALWAYS has free shipping over $99.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Nashua ALWAYS has free shipping over $99.
OMG! I did not know that. I wait for the emails to say it
Old 05-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Super awesome to see everyone losing weight on here! I think IP is a great way of eating.
Supplements- I buy all my supplements from the Superstore because they are so much cheaper. My Coach told me that the only one I need to for sure buy from them is the Potassium because the ingredients in others arent the same.
That is interesting. I found the postassium very easy to find.
I just compared labels.
Closed Thread