Height: 5'7"

Ok, thanks
Old 05-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #92  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I used lunch meat very sparingly in P1 and then only in a pinch - there are crazy high sodium levels in most of it. Look for the lowest fat you can find - roast beef surprisingly was the lowest I could find. Instead try hard boiling eggs ahead of time (they keep well) or the foil packs of tuna. Or both - a can of tuna with a hard boiled egg in it will give you approximately 8 oz of protein.
Thanks Ruth Ann! I haven't used lunch meat yet for that purpose....thanks for tips. I am eating a lot of tuna b/c it is so easy and delish! I was hoping for another option as a few of my family members i'm traveling with are really sensitive to smells. Quick tip...my hubby and I bought a large can of solid white albacore (Sam's club large!), divided it and froze it. We were surprised that it is so mild compared to small cans of even albacore. It tastes like chicken. We actually like tuna "flavor" but this might be helpful for those who don't.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Sigh..... Haven't lost much this month and am feeling frustrated. I keep gaining and loosing the same couple of pounds. I did cheat 1 meal a week and a half ago so maybe I am still paying the price for that... Sigh - staying 100% now and know the scale will eventually budge but grrr....
Old 05-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Been there

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Sigh..... Haven't lost much this month and am feeling frustrated. I keep gaining and loosing the same couple of pounds. I did cheat 1 meal a week and a half ago so maybe I am still paying the price for that... Sigh - staying 100% now and know the scale will eventually budge but grrr....
murphypuppy - I know how frustrating that can feel as I have confronted that a couple of times.

What I can tell you is that the weight loss is almost never LOGICAL! Sometimes I will be so 100% OP, perfect, on the low end of food, and my scale will stare back at me every morning without budging.

Equally, there are times that 'slipping' happens and the scale does not fly up, so I guess it all evens out.

Just know that if you stay pretty 100% OP, it will drop. Sometimes it drops a whole whoosh (Lisa's wonderful term) and make a surprise.

Hang in there, monitor every little thing you do...for me when I am rushing around, the water intake is tough 'cause I am always looking for a bathroom. Keep up the good work and try to stay positive. It will drop.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #95  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Alright someone help me out. Is the daily chat now just one long thread? It used to be new daily.

I hope you're all doing well. Today is day three of my re-boot! I am feeling good and doing well. Need to drink more water. =)
Old 05-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #96  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thanks Ruth Ann! I haven't used lunch meat yet for that purpose....thanks for tips. I am eating a lot of tuna b/c it is so easy and delish! I was hoping for another option as a few of my family members i'm traveling with are really sensitive to smells. Quick tip...my hubby and I bought a large can of solid white albacore (Sam's club large!), divided it and froze it. We were surprised that it is so mild compared to small cans of even albacore. It tastes like chicken. We actually like tuna "flavor" but this might be helpful for those who don't.
Good Advice. I keep a foil pack of tuna in my truck along with a few a few Quest Bars, they deal with the heat better than the IP Bars they're rock hard in the winter! I usually have a few bottles of water in shaker bottles and have a few IP Chocolate Drink Mix ready to go. I keep most of my IP food at work so I'm good to go during the day.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #97  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Alright someone help me out. Is the daily chat now just one long thread? It used to be new daily.

I hope you're all doing well. Today is day three of my re-boot! I am feeling good and doing well. Need to drink more water. =)
Depending on how active the daily chat is sometimes it goes for 2 or 3 days before moving onto a new thread.

Good luck on your re-boot!
Old 05-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 230.4/209.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies. I need some will power. I thought yesterday was going to kill me because I was starving! I have soooo learned my lesson to stay OP until the end. My mind is screwing with me.

Today is day 3 back OP & I'm hoping it will better than yesterday. I drank more than enough water & even ate an extra pack (UR). I know I got all of my veggies in & ate my 8 oz of protein (okay I had 9).

Any tips to help me make it through the next few days until ketosis finally kicks in?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #99  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:

LOL, I know! I got out of the habit of coming here for a couple months over the holidays and I returned to this new "continuing daily chat" phenomenon. I freaked out and was quite sure that Lisa had been kidnapped or something. Took an appearance from the Daily Chat Queen herself to calm me down.

Good to see you back . . . seeing your Cookie Monster avatar makes me laugh somewhat inappropriately.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I'm graduated! Here is a throwback photo comparison from High School graduation and this past weekend, to show how far I've come!
Hopefully this photo works!
Congratulations on your graduation Deana! You are fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtpiemels View Post
Morning ladies. I need some will power. I thought yesterday was going to kill me because I was starving! I have soooo learned my lesson to stay OP until the end. My mind is screwing with me.
Any tips to help me make it through the next few days until ketosis finally kicks in?
qtpiemels, hang in there, you have got to be close to ketosis. I would get out for a wallk or paint your nails, anything for a distraction.

Happy Wednesday Everyone! two more days of work and then it is a long weekend for us Canadians. Heading to my parent's cottage. Both my brother-in law and I are phase 1 IP and my parent's in maintainence so it should be a good weekend for being OP. My kids want smores for their birthday treat. I am going to to buy the fixings for three and if there are left overs throw em out!
Old 05-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #101  

Quote:
It used to change daily when we got close to 100 or more posts on one day, almost every day.

Last fall, the forum changed with people starting more "chatty" threads for people who started each month, instead of keeping the chat in one place. I liked the old way better. The way I learned was from the people who came before me.

If the daily chat is small, I've been keeping it open longer. Usually 2-3 during the week and one for the weekend.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #102  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi there, new to this daily chat! I joined IP in February and in two months, lost 20 pounds. I went off the program for two weeks for vacation and my Coach really helped me out. She put me on Phase 3 for 3 days and phase 4 for 4 days before going away. When I got back I didnt get back on the program due to my Dad becoming ill. It has been just over 4 weeks and I am going back to meet with my coach tomorrow. I am the same weight today as when I left the program 4 weeks ago. I feel like I have really learned how to use this program. My Coach has since left where I go so I will be seeing someone new. I am hoping it goes well as I only have about 7-8 pounds left to lose. It's amazing how the right coach can really help thru this program. Anyways enough rambling...just wanted to say hi!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Hi there, new to this daily chat! I joined IP in February and in two months, lost 20 pounds. I went off the program for two weeks for vacation and my Coach really helped me out. She put me on Phase 3 for 3 days and phase 4 for 4 days before going away. When I got back I didnt get back on the program due to my Dad becoming ill. It has been just over 4 weeks and I am going back to meet with my coach tomorrow. I am the same weight today as when I left the program 4 weeks ago. I feel like I have really learned how to use this program. My Coach has since left where I go so I will be seeing someone new. I am hoping it goes well as I only have about 7-8 pounds left to lose. It's amazing how the right coach can really help thru this program. Anyways enough rambling...just wanted to say hi!
Good for you!!! Come join us on the Canadian IP'ers thread too
Liana
Old 05-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #104  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Had weigh-in #4 today and down 2.5 pounds. Feeling a little down because I had to pay for two weeks of food since I am gone next week ....expensive!!!! I have been off my thyroid meds b/c of insurance glitch so feeling REALLY tired. Bummed b/c did not make my mini goal of 155 before my trip. Grrrrrrr.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #105  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Had weigh-in #4 today and down 2.5 pounds. Feeling a little down because I had to pay for two weeks of food since I am gone next week ....expensive!!!! I have been off my thyroid meds b/c of insurance glitch so feeling REALLY tired. Bummed b/c did not make my mini goal of 155 before my trip. Grrrrrrr.
Hang in there, Sweetie. I know it is hard to shell out the $$$ sometimes, but you are worth it and your health is worth it. In the long run, you will save $$$ on not having injuries and health problems related to being overweight. As for the thyroid meds, I hope you can get back on them soon. It's hard for your body --as well as your emotions -- to function correctly without.

Btw, you are really close to your 155 goal. I would be tempted to call it good -- knowing a daily fluctuation of that much is not unheard of. Don't go on your trip on a negative note for 32 ounces!
Closed Thread