Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:55 AM   #46  
Started IP 5/6/12

So excited - lost 7 pounds at my first weigh in!!!

Old 05-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #47  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat360 View Post
Thank you all for the feedback... This is the first time I've ever used a forum like this to aid me in weight loss! What a great tool have a great day!!
You'll find so much support and motivation here! And great ideas for staying OP and recipes - best group of people you could hope for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbj View Post
So excited - lost 7 pounds at my first weigh in!!!
Congrats! That is a great 1st week loss!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #48  

Default Great sandwich

So I had a great OP sandwich yesterday.

I used my zucchini potato roll muffin recipe.
I made a quadruple batch and put it in a 9 x 9 pan, instead of muffin tins.

I let that cool and I cut it into fourths.

Then I sliced a piece open and used my asparagus guacamole recipe as the spread on the bread and then I put on cucumbers, sprouts, and lettuce.

1 c veggies in the bread, 1 c veggies to fill the sandwich.

It has been so long since I've had a sandwich, this really hit the spot!

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #49  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Regarding keeping too-big clothing . . .

For myself, I have been a proponent of burning the bridge as soon as I cross it, so I cannot go back (at least very easily). The last time I lost any significant weight, I "grew into" an outfit I purchased. It was right before Christmas, and I was in my favorite consignment shop. I came across a nice pants/jacket set that would be perfect for our long drive days as well as lounging around the hotel room in between visits. The only problem was it was a size too large. I rationalized that it would just be extra comfortable and, being so reasonably priced, it would be okay that it would not last me much past the holidays (because I was so sure that I would keep losing). Well, those friendly, forgiving drawstring pants and roomy jacket sleeves allowed me to "not notice" that I was putting on weight over those holidays. By the end of the winter, that set was just about the only thing that fit me, everything else was too tight. By next fall, I would have only wished I could get into that set again. This time, I am not giving myself anywhere to hide. I have been ruthless in getting rid of things as soon as they are too big.

That said, I came across 2 pair of old jeans a while back. These had somehow gotten into a different, not often traveled, closet, and I hadn't seen them in years. They were from my tip-top weight from several years ago (and 10 sizes ago). I have to tell you, holding those jeans up to myself now was revelatory. I had always thought that I was completely in touch with how big I was. The sight of these pants shocked the heck out of me. For a few moments, I tried to believe that these were, indeed, not my pants. They couldn't be. How could I have been that huge and not know it? How could I have even moved being that big?? It took me a few moments to admit that these were my pants -- in fact, they had been my favorites back then. I then put both legs into one pant leg of the huge jeans . . . and stood there and cried. I didn't cry out of joy that I was no longer that size, but out of shame and outrage that I had been that big . . . ever . . . and even more so that I, somehow, had not admitted it to myself. I didn't keep those jeans on purpose, but coming across them has increased my determination to never lose touch with the realities of my own body again. It has demonstrated that I will always have to watch myself, double-check, and never let it slide. I don't think I would have realized exactly how huge I was nor how I had managed to deny it had I not had to face those jeans. I have tucked them into a very dark corner of my closet -- not to keep on hand to wear them ever, but to be able to pull them out and show myself what I am capable of if I am not watchful.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #50  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Just weighed in and I'm down another 3.2 pounds! Also down an inch and a half in my waist. I thought it would take me 'til the end of June to get below 200 but it looks like I should hit that by Memorial Day if I stay consistent with my 3+ pounds a week *knock on wood.* Chugging along!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #51  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So I had a great OP sandwich yesterday.

I used my zucchini potato roll muffin recipe.
I made a quadruple batch and put it in a 9 x 9 pan, instead of muffin tins.
Sounds yummy. Where can I find this recipe?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #52  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Just weighed in and I'm down another 3.2 pounds! Also down an inch and a half in my waist. I thought it would take me 'til the end of June to get below 200 but it looks like I should hit that by Memorial Day if I stay consistent with my 3+ pounds a week *knock on wood.* Chugging along!
Congrats!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #53  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Thank you so much for sharing that! I too got rid of clothes the minute they got too big for me (or when I realized it!) except for the pants I wore the day I started IP. I cannot believe how much in denial I was about my size. I compared the size 26 pants I was wearing to the size 4 I currently wear the other day. Now there was a reality check! Made me kind of sad, but more determined than ever to maintain the loss - took the dog for a nice long walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Yeah you! You're doing so great!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I too got rid of clothes the minute they got too big for me (or when I realized it!) except for the pants I wore the day I started IP.
I also kept my first day of IP pants and the mind boggles that they used to fit me. They were a very tight size 18 (now a comfy size 6-8) and I used to think I looked GOOD in them. Yikes.

Quote:
I have tucked them into a very dark corner of my closet -- not to keep on hand to wear them ever, but to be able to pull them out and show myself what I am capable of if I am not watchful.
Like you, I'm hanging on to them to remind myself of how far I've come and why I can't ever go back there. For me, these pants are a better reminder of how big I used to be than any photograph. (I can always blame bad lighting or camera angle for a lousy picture. Can't do that for a gigantic pair of grey dress pants!)
Old 05-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 230.4/209.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Day 2 OP for me today. Yesterday was tough but I think I didn`t get enough water in (drank 2.5 litres). I also ate a 4th pack which is something I didn`t even need to do my first go through.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #56  

Quote:
Sounds yummy. Where can I find this recipe?
Recipes #4 post 89

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-13-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

So, this is Day 2 of my reboot. I had not planed to go off plan, however I had some physical issues this winter and didn't have the time/will/energy to follow the plan. I haven't gained all the weight back (Thank GOD!), however, I am sad to say I gained 20 pounds from February until now. I refuse to buy any clothing that is any bigger than what I currently own, so, I'm back on plan.

I had forgotten just how hard the first few days are! GAH!!! I ate 4 packs yesterday - my stomach was seriously growling at me at midnight (I was working on some furniture for my office), so I hate the sample bar given to me by Nashua for my first order - I'll definitely be ordering some of those next time! VERY tasty!

I am unwilling to fail this time. I went grocery shopping yesterday, and got VERY lucky and happened to be in the meat department when it was announced that the lean burger meat was on sale for $.99 a pound! I bought three huge packs, came home and weighed and individually bagged 8 ounce servings and placed them in the freezer, which resulted in a total of 26 servings of just hamburger meat! That's in addition to the other 5 packages of beef and chicken! The veggies were the expensive part! LOL!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #58  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Yeah you! You're doing so great!
Thank you!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #59  
Started IP 6-2-14

I wanted to say hi all! I've been reading the forums off and on for a month but just joined.

I have tons of questions and know the answers are probably all here somewhere so I'll keep reading

Thank you for sharing all the information and encouragement!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

This time, I am not giving myself anywhere to hide. I have been ruthless in getting rid of things as soon as they are too big.

That said, I came across 2 pair of old jeans a while back. These had somehow gotten into a different, not often traveled, closet, and I hadn't seen them in years. They were from my tip-top weight from several years ago (and 10 sizes ago). I have to tell you, holding those jeans up to myself now was revelatory. I had always thought that I was completely in touch with how big I was. The sight of these pants shocked the heck out of me. For a few moments, I tried to believe that these were, indeed, not my pants. They couldn't be. How could I have been that huge and not know it? How could I have even moved being that big?? It took me a few moments to admit that these were my pants -- in fact, they had been my favorites back then. I then put both legs into one pant leg of the huge jeans . . . and stood there and cried. I didn't cry out of joy that I was no longer that size, but out of shame and outrage that I had been that big . . . ever . . . and even more so that I, somehow, had not admitted it to myself. I didn't keep those jeans on purpose, but coming across them has increased my determination to never lose touch with the realities of my own body again. It has demonstrated that I will always have to watch myself, double-check, and never let it slide. I don't think I would have realized exactly how huge I was nor how I had managed to deny it had I not had to face those jeans. I have tucked them into a very dark corner of my closet -- not to keep on hand to wear them ever, but to be able to pull them out and show myself what I am capable of if I am not watchful.
What an inspiration it was to read this early this morning, Sylviesgirl - thank you for posting it. That took some courage to be so open and frank.

What really resonated with me was the sense of shame of previous size and the lack of knowledge then, at my highest, of how truly massive I was. Yes, lack of touch with reality in a big way (sorry about the pun).

Looking in the double full length mirror is a regular task for me. I never want to be so clueless again. I look at my -100+ body and wonder how my rear view could have been so huge given how it looks now. Still needs work 'cause that is the bane of my existence, body wise, but add over 100 pounds to it, and wow.

So, yes, like you, any clothes hat have breathing room get donated ASAP so that anything I wear is just fitting closely so that I do not forget where I am going on this journey.
Closed Thread