3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295746-ip-daily-chat.html)

AmberLS 05-14-2014 08:40 PM

IP packets are running low, good thing I got brave and started mixing in Nashua stuff. Although I am going to miss the RTD chocolate shakes (I haven't found a brand I like yet) and the lemon wafers, mostly the lemon wafers because there isn't even anything like them out there! So anyway today I tried a pina colada packet I had been avoiding because a lot of people seem to dislike them, but I liked it. I'm wondering how I'll feel about the other 2 random packets in my cupboard, I have a leek soup, and a mushroom soup (which I doubt I will like because I HATE mushrooms cooked). Today was an okay day, traveled a few hours away to take my daughter to an appointment. Car time is hard because it's always been a snacky time, I drank 120oz of water by noon. Now I'm home and I've had about 180.

IdealProteinNewbie 05-14-2014 08:51 PM

Amber: http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ate-6-box.html

schenectady 05-14-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deana509 (Post 5003379)
I'm graduated! Here is a throwback photo comparison from High School graduation and this past weekend, to show how far I've come!
Hopefully this photo works! http://gyazo.com/6c92cad5df6e967b5b572ae73d9582e0

Congratulations both on graduation and passing quickly past the -100 pound mark. Both represent a lot of time and discipline on your part. A bright and shining future is ahead of you.

usmcvet 05-14-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 5004125)
IP packets are running low, good thing I got brave and started mixing in Nashua stuff. Although I am going to miss the RTD chocolate shakes (I haven't found a brand I like yet) and the lemon wafers, mostly the lemon wafers because there isn't even anything like them out there! So anyway today I tried a pina colada packet I had been avoiding because a lot of people seem to dislike them, but I liked it. I'm wondering how I'll feel about the other 2 random packets in my cupboard, I have a leek soup, and a mushroom soup (which I doubt I will like because I HATE mushrooms cooked). Today was an okay day, traveled a few hours away to take my daughter to an appointment. Car time is hard because it's always been a snacky time, I drank 120oz of water by noon. Now I'm home and I've had about 180.

I love the GNC RTD Go Lean Vanillia shakes, I don't care for the chocolate or strawberry. I love the IPmchicolate powder and not the vanilla. Opposite tpwith IP RTD. I love the vanilla and dislike the chocolate. My point is don't be afraid to try things. It is funny what you may end up liking.

lisa32989 05-14-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 5004125)

I don't like the soups alone but when I mixed in 2 c (from raw) cooked, pureed veggies, it gave the soups a whole new taste sensation. I used celery, leeks, mushrooms. If you don't like mushrooms, maybe celery, leeks and cabbage?

zephyr1973 05-14-2014 10:31 PM

I just used my last IP chocolate drink mix packet this morning for breakfast, and realized (sadly) that I had not ordered any chocolate drink products when I placed my order for Nashua. :(

What are some good options from Nashua? I will probably place another order next week, so I'm building my "wish list".

Oh, and this is Day 3 of my reboot. I've eaten 3 dill pickle halves to stave off hunger. I know it will get better, but GAHHHHH!!! Being 100% OP is HARD!

But, the effort and struggle is worth the way I feel when I look in the mirror. At least that's what I keep repeating to myself when I pass Starbucks!

AmberLS 05-14-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 5004130)

I tried some of these. I just really like the IP ones. Now anyone got a substitute for the Lemon Wafers.

AmberLS 05-14-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5004166)
I don't like the soups alone but when I mixed in 2 c (from raw) cooked, pureed veggies, it gave the soups a whole new taste sensation. I used celery, leeks, mushrooms. If you don't like mushrooms, maybe celery, leeks and cabbage?

I'll have to try that. I like the tomato soup, the chicken noodle soup, and the beef veggie soups, but the others worry me. I ordered some pea soup from Nashua, I'm hoping I like it, I LOVE homemade split pea soup.

lisa32989 05-15-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainemum (Post 5003996)
Quick question about ground meat...

I used to buy 95% lean ground beef and turkey. Since starting IP, I have been buying 99% lean turkey and 97% lean ground beef, since the Phase 1 sheets say to use "extra lean". I use ground meat at least once per week, but I am not liking the super lean meat. No matter how I cook it, I find it to be insanely dry.

Is there any harm in going back to 95% lean ground turkey and beef? My coach just said to buy "whatever is leanest at the store", but then said that she usually buys just 90% lean because her family won't eat the leaner stuff.

What do you folks think? Am I safe using 95% lean ground meat once or twice per week? What "level" leanness do you buy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5004032)
I say buy as lean as you can enjoy/manage - why eat hidden fat when you can have leaner meat and add yummy stuff like avocado, nuts, mayo, or full fat cheeses and higher fat yogourts.
I buy ground buffalo - which is so lean I usually have to add oil to the pan if I don't get juicy veggies/other liquids in there quick or it sticks & burns, lol. It does make it hard to brown without ruining it. I am not sure what the percentage actually is but due to the nature of the beast - it's pretty darn lean...

Since most folks asking questions in the chat are P1, they can't have many of the items listed that are only okay for maintenance.

But, regarding the original question, I say get what you'll eat. We all have different tastes. 95% is probably fine. If you're adding oil to meat, you might as well have the fat IN it, if that is what you like better.

I buy my meats from a local grass fed/finished farm. She only has one grind of ground beef. I've not asked what % fat it is but I managed to lose 90 lbs eating it! I am not at all a fan of ground poultry. I never used it. I have also purchased ground bison & mixed it with other ground meats for meatballs.

Again, I say get what you'll eat. You're going to be on P1 for a long time, like I was. It doesn't have to be all dry meats you don't enjoy. I do a LOT of cooking meat with other vegetables for moisture and flavor. It is essential to find ways to make meals you like, otherwise you'll be looking for excuses.

Although fats are limited on IP, more and more research is showing that "we" got too fat phobic and it has caused more health problems than the actual fat did. During P1, I had days I made sure I only had 1 tsp oil (from the 1-2) because I was eating a fattier meat. Some folks even reported having a good steak once per week HELPED with weight loss, rather than hurting it.

lisa32989 05-15-2014 12:13 AM

Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

May 14, 2014 - Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: I’ll start my diet tomorrow.

Response: Waiting for tomorrow just doesn’t work! The longer I put it off, the harder it will be because I’ll only strengthen my giving-in habit. If I wait for the the “right time” to start dieting, or if I wait for “tomorrow,” to start, I may never start! Besides, today is yesterday’s tomorrow, which means I should start RIGHT NOW!

ChipnDip 05-15-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 5004173)
I tried some of these. I just really like the IP ones. Now anyone got a substitute for the Lemon Wafers.

I bought the vanilla ones from proti diet and they were really weird. Not nearly as sweet and the texture was totally different. I love the IP lemon wafers. Those and the s&v crisps is what is keeping me IP, although I am buying a few alts to help stretch my dollars. It's too bad IP has to be so costly.

readytolive 05-15-2014 06:33 AM

Well, today is my day 1 of IP. I weighed and it was around where I'd expect it, though I really didn't want to believe it was that bad. Oh well, nothing but seeing that scale go down from here on!!! :)