IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: I just placed my first order for non IP food. I'm starting radiation therapy today and between the cost of my surgery and radiation, and my reduced availability, I'm just not able to justify the cost of the IP food when I can find substitutes for less money. I just hope I've chosen well - very challenging for me to sift through all the info! Wish me luck
    LakeLover,

Big Hugs. I'm a two time cancer survivor (Hairy Cell Leukemia) Grab it by the Throat and Choke it Out! Stay Strong. Alternatives have worked for many of us. I am sure they'll work for you too.

• I'm pretty new to IP, finishing up Week 1. This forum's been a huge help! I do like the recipes that are posted, but am having a hard time finding them/keeping up. Is there an easier way to look at the recipes than going through each post of the multiple recipe threads? Sometimes I see one I like, go away and then try to find it again by googling/forum search, but even then don't necessarily find it again...
  • Quote: I'm pretty new to IP, finishing up Week 1. This forum's been a huge help! I do like the recipes that are posted, but am having a hard time finding them/keeping up. Is there an easier way to look at the recipes than going through each post of the multiple recipe threads? Sometimes I see one I like, go away and then try to find it again by googling/forum search, but even then don't necessarily find it again...
    I copied all the ones I found interesting into individual word documents and then saved them in a recipe folder on my computer. Haven't used them all but was much easier to find them again!
  • Quote: I just placed my first order for non IP food. I'm starting radiation therapy today and between the cost of my surgery and radiation, and my reduced availability, I'm just not able to justify the cost of the IP food when I can find substitutes for less money. I just hope I've chosen well - very challenging for me to sift through all the info! Wish me luck
    I'm using alternatives as well and I'm having great success!! So I believe you should do just fine. Hang in there!

~Michael
  • Quote:
    Good for you - that is outstanding! And you get to wake up this morning and feel good about your choices and not all bloated and yucky! Double score!
    Ruth Ann - You are so right - there is nothing like overcoming temptation and waking up the next morning clean and healthy, no icky mouth and tummy. Sometimes it is so tough but that "morning after" is so sweet!
  • Dreams...last night I had several dreams about eating, eating food I really wanted and wasn't on my diet. And I woke up feeling horribly guilty. (but not gonna lie, in the dream the food was fantastic)

Anyone else have this? I think I worry too much about my "homeade" meal. Is it okay to have the burger with no bun, tons of pickles and lettuce? (I posted the question about it here last week) Anyway I'm seeing results and that's fantastic...but the old cravings are still there.

So I was kind of toying with a 1 cheat day a month. Just to kind of have something to hold out until. Is this a terrible idea? I know it sets me back 3 days. But in the long run, I'm wondering if it's worth it.... idk.

I mean I don't want to go hog wild, but a piece of cake on my birthday with some ice cream, or that special dinner you love. Am I justifying? Is it okay? I know I'm on phase 1 until the weight is lost and most people want to plow through until it's lost.

But taking a breath every month, a bad idea?

~Michael
  • Hi everyone,
    I am at day 12 on IP. I lost 4lbs the first week and go tomorrow for wk 2. I have been 100% on program. By my scale no wt loss this week. I was expecting better results. I have always had trouble with lower calorie diet slowing down my metabolism. I feel great but am frustrated. Has anyone else experienced this so early in the program? Thanks for all your help
  • Quote: Hi everyone,
    I am at day 12 on IP. I lost 4lbs the first week and go tomorrow for wk 2. I have been 100% on program. By my scale no wt loss this week. I was expecting better results. I have always had trouble with lower calorie diet slowing down my metabolism. I feel great but am frustrated. Has anyone else experienced this so early in the program? Thanks for all your help
    Don't worry. TOM and the Big "C" make a difference.
    Keep journaling, eat your salt, drink all your water... it will come off.
    Honest.

I had to limit sucralose, that interfered with my weight loss. And I resorted to Smooth Move tea to address the Big C

Hang it there!
  • Hope you all had a great weekend and a lovely Mother's Day. I had my 11th WI on Sat. and am at 25 lbs. lost so far! I'm so happy about that. I need to make a spreadsheet to track inches lost since I haven't done that. The restricted test panned out. I just can't eat them. They slow down my losses big time.
  • :(
    I think I may be having some sort of allergy/sensitivity reaction to the IP.

It started out my cheeks were warm and red/flushed during the first couple days on product. (I thought I might have a bit of a bug or just the extra protein).

Then Friday I got a headache, which continued into Saturday and increased to migraine level by Saturday night. (I felt drained like a flu all day, and thought maybe it was an actual flu, or the 'keto-flu").

I noticed around Saturday morning that my skin seemed dry and rough around my mouth area but thought it was a new face wash so stopped using it. Removing the face product didn't help and now my face is dry and tight with a light rash - again mostly around my mouth, chin, and cheek area.

I am going in to see my coach today for my 1 week weigh in. Happy with the weight loss this week, but am now quite worried about the rash.
  • Quote: Back to OP, good thing I didn't have too bad of problems getting on track the first time. Been easy so far and I was lucky enough to not have gained any weight over Friday. Now to hopefully lose 10lbs in 4 weeks lol, we'll see though not sure if my body is going to stay in the plateau it's been in.
    I'm glad you're back on track (where you want to be.) Hope your week is easier than last week.

Quote: Good job! I don't think I'll be able to go to a Mexican restaurant for a while...chips and salsa are my #1 weakness. I'm in Texas, so great TexMex is everywhere! I went out for chips, salsa and a Margarita the night before I started IP...
    Haha I am with you on the chips and salsa. I could polish off a batch on my own! I knew that I would need a plan before stepping into that restaurant.

Quote: Well done! I'm glad you shared how you did it. I have been avoided Mexican restaurants since beginning IP over a year ago. Now I have a road map, thanks to you!
    I can't say for sure that my plan would work for everyone. I jus called ahead, told them that I have a health problem which requires a restricted diet, and asked for the ingredients in some of their dishes. They were very happy to work with me. I made a plan, and committed to it.

Quote: Good for you - that is outstanding! And you get to wake up this morning and feel good about your choices and not all bloated and yucky! Double score!
    Yes! I was the ony one who didn't feel stuffed to the point of sickness after diner was over.

Quote: So I was kind of toying with a 1 cheat day a month. Just to kind of have something to hold out until. Is this a terrible idea? I know it sets me back 3 days. But in the long run, I'm wondering if it's worth it.... idk.

I mean I don't want to go hog wild, but a piece of cake on my birthday with some ice cream, or that special dinner you love. Am I justifying? Is it okay? I know I'm on phase 1 until the weight is lost and most people want to plow through until it's lost.

But taking a breath every month, a bad idea?

~Michael
    To me, personally, it is a bad idea. If I have to get back into ketosis, it takes at least three days. If I took a "cheat break" once a month for ten months, I would be adding an entire MONTH to my weight loss. (3 days minimum to get back on track x 10 monthly cheats = 30 extra days.) You are essentially wasting 10% of your time. This isn't including the psycological effects of going off of your diet. For me, it gets harder and harder to get back on track. This is why I committed to being OP 100% since day one of IP.

I would just prefer to power through. Cake is not that important to me, and ice cream isn't going out of style either. It will still be there in a year.

That being said, it is your diet, and your decision. I'm interested to hear what others have to say, especially those with many months of experience.
  • Quote:
    This is embarrassing, I hate to be like this and feel really rude but I find myself staring at other's people plates, not because I want what they have but because I'm calculating how many calories or carbs are in that meal. I never say what I'm thinking of course, but I need to relearn to keep my nose on my own plate again.

Hope everyone has a great week!
    Don't feel too bad...I do the same thing only with other people's grocery carts. It's amazing how much junk is in the food isles.
  • Quote: Don't feel too bad...I do the same thing only with other people's grocery carts. It's amazing how much junk is in the food isles.
    Quote: Great job staying OP, everyone. It's amazing how much willpower we can muster when we set our minds to it. IP has given me more willpower than I have ever had on any other diet. I think because I know it works and I feel like I am really learning things that will help me maintain for life.

I just got back from my weekend away from my brother's college graduation. Managed to stay OP all the way. I might have had some cross contamination at a restaurant we went to (I got pan seared scallops, and asked for it to be cooked in olive oil, but didn't think to ask if it was coated in flour). I didn't feel so great afterward, but I tried my best and didn't eat anything off plan intentionally.

This is embarrassing, I hate to be like this and feel really rude but I find myself staring at other's people plates, not because I want what they have but because I'm calculating how many calories or carbs are in that meal. I never say what I'm thinking of course, but I need to relearn to keep my nose on my own plate again.

Hope everyone has a great week!
    I think it is actually a good idea to see what others buy/eat!! I notice over weight people order stuff that is NOT healthy...and the same with what is in their groc baskets. This reinforces that I want to be "the normal weight" person in a restaurant...and the groc store. This is a pretty good activity most of the time ... and I reccommend it! Yes you will see a thin person order the bloomin' onion or the high fat high sugar item...but you can bet a few things:
    They do not eat it alone.
    They share it.
    They do not finish it.
    And they will starve themselves for a day or two before and after an event...and probably exercise more than typical for a few days.
    Almost NO one can eat like that all the time and stay thin. If they do ...be sure also eventually their thyroid is going to burn out...and they will have a heck of a time adjusting when it happens!!!!
  • *sigh* I am having a hard day. Hard week? month? I'm not really sure. I received some personal news that is just weighing heavy on my heart.
    I haven't been strictly on plan for a week, and have decided today that I am recommitting myself to the plan - it's HARD. I dropped my coach because I started alternative products and my coach has a strict "only IP food" rule. I just couldn't justify it any longer when I found the food so much cheaper. But not having a coach has made me really lax on the strictness of the program. I also have not been sticking with my supplements. I just feel alone.
  • Quote: *sigh* I am having a hard day. Hard week? month? I'm not really sure. I received some personal news that is just weighing heavy on my heart.
    I haven't been strictly on plan for a week, and have decided today that I am recommitting myself to the plan - it's HARD. I dropped my coach because I started alternative products and my coach has a strict "only IP food" rule. I just couldn't justify it any longer when I found the food so much cheaper. But not having a coach has made me really lax on the strictness of the program. I also have not been sticking with my supplements. I just feel alone.
    WildIrishRose - there are many, many people on this board who use alternatives, and very successfully. You can commit yourself to those just as you did the IP - try using the people on here for accountability, maybe?

I cannot speak to the pros and cons of a coach as each person and each coach are different. There many be some for whom a coach is a real necessity and only they would know that.

But YOU ARE NOT ALONE - I have been doing this since August and although, like you, I have struggled, there are people here to help you. Do not be afraid to ask or to bring up issues with which you may be struggling.