Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #16  

I also am planning to buy a digital scale that shows fat, water etc.. or just fat.. anyone has one that can recommend?
Old 05-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #17  

and.. Is Taylor a good brand? I found one online and it has a decent price..
Old 05-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #18  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterSlayer View Post
Happy Mothers Day Weekend To all!!!
This is my first weekend on IP, just started yesterday. I plan on staying OP.
Trying to figure out what veggies I like best. But today I feel exhausted and shaky. I feel like my body needs two snacks a day. I don't know if it's my head telling me this or what. Are we allowed 1 snack and 1 restricted or is it just 1 snack period? I will push through this. Last night I just sat and ate lettuce as a snack . I am shocked at how satisfying lettuce really is LOL.
Wishing you all great success this weekend
Congrats on getting started and good for you for planning to stay OP over the weekend.

On the exhausted and shaky - this is pretty normal getting into ketosis, it takes awhile for your body to adjust. Are you getting all your salt in? You might try licking it off your hand followed by a big glass of water - that stopped the shakiness for me many a time.

If you need an extra packet during the first week or so go for it. I would try to chose one of the lower carb ones, like the raspberry jelly. So you would have 3 unrestricted and one restricted. You might also try a couple of egg whites (hard boiled or scrambled) to give you a little extra protein.

Hang in there - sounds like you are just going through the normal adjustment and it really does improve!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Anyone else nervous about Mother's Day? Will you turn down those brunches, or maybe the pancakes the kids made for you?

I've told my family no need for fanfare, and don't tempt me with comfort foods...
Old 05-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #20  
STRONG WILL POWER CHELLY

S/C/G: 197.6/189/145

Height: 5"2

I had 2 pieces of blackened catfish along with my veggies for my dinner today. Should I be worried about the seasoning in the fish? There were not very much healthy options at the restaurant we ate at our pre mother's day lunch, so I did my best. But just worried about the seasonings on the fish.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #21  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHELLE W View Post
I had 2 pieces of blackened catfish along with my veggies for my dinner today. Should I be worried about the seasoning in the fish? There were not very much healthy options at the restaurant we ate at our pre mother's day lunch, so I did my best. But just worried about the seasonings on the fish.
It would depend on whether there was sugar I the spice rub to add carbs and if they fried it in butter for the fat and calories.

You are probably fine
Old 05-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #22  
STRONG WILL POWER CHELLY

S/C/G: 197.6/189/145

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
It would depend on whether there was sugar I the spice rub to add carbs and if they fried it in butter for the fat and calories.

You are probably fine
Thanks, I thought so to but just checking.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 226/198/162 (or lower)

Height: 5'5"

Week one down. Stayed OP all week. Lost 10 pounds on first weigh in - I'm psyched! Kind of wrung out, but felt okay otherwise all week. Not even that hungry. I'm worried that now that I've had a big loss it will be nothing for weeks. However, I am going to soldier on. Gonna go out for steak tomorrow - pretty easy to get steak and steamed vegetables. Safe bet. It would be nice to have breakfast in bed, though.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost and to those that haven't keep going. There are plenty of success stories on here to prove it works!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #24  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Happy weekend everyone! I've returned from the wedding in Bahamas - didn't post until now because work has been cra-cra-crazy!! Actually, that's where I am now, but I'm taking 5 mins to update my ticker and have some 'me' time.

I managed to stay on plan for the entire 9 days in Bahamas including all of the celebrations before and after the wedding. I wore my lovely new red dress (size 8 - whoop whoop) and a friend of the groom told me I looked hot!! Danced the night away and had a fabulous time. No-one noticed that I was drinking club soda as I just added some Mio juice and it looked like vodka and cranberry. The best bit was waking up the next day with a clear head.

I was worried about getting all my vegies in and it was a struggle as we ate out a lot (staying in hotels, travelling, working from the office in Nassau and not having access to a car meant we couldn't visit a supermarket) but over the two weeks between official weigh-ins, I managed to lose 3 lbs. Yippee!!

Starting to think about maintenance and whether my goal of 145 should be adjusted. Only 5 lbs to go and I think that I can go lower - to maybe 140 or 135. I definitely want to have moved to Phase 2 by end of June. Have been stalking the maintainers thread so that I'm as prepared as can be.

All the best everyone for a fabulous OP weekend!
Good for you!!!!

I leave for Disney World on Friday (well...that's part of the trip). I am more nervous about eating at the family we are visiting than at WDsW since I know I can USUALLY make something work at a restaurant. But at my mom and sister's houses? I plan on bringing an enormous cooler full of veggies since the protein is easier to find (eggs if necessary). Making a grocery list tonight!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #25  

Height: 5'3"

I'm wondering if someone might know if this is okay. I haven't started on IP yet, but every morning I have Splenda's No Calorie Sweetener, flavored (my favorite is Mocha). It is 0/0/0 so I assume it would be okay? It feels too easy though!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Found these at the grocery store today. My instinct is that they're too high in fat for P1, but I wanted to see what you very knowledgeable people think. The first one is jalapeņo sausage, the second is bratwurst.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jalapeno-sausage-nutrition-.jpg (46.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Bratwurst-nutrition-info.jpg (48.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Found these at the grocery store today. My instinct is that they're too high in fat for P1, but I wanted to see what you very knowledgeable people think. The first one is jalapeņo sausage, the second is bratwurst.
Sorry to say but approx. 68% of the calories in those things is from fat. Something you might be able to use in maintenance ONCE IN A WHILE but not as a P1-3 protein The percentage shown after the fat grams is the percentage of daily suggested allowance of fat that 1 serving (piece/stick) provides & not the percentage of calories in the product that is fat. Hard to explain...
Like grades of ground beef - surprisingly 82% of the calories in regular ground beef comes from fat and even extra lean ground beef USDA 57% of the calories come from fat. http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...an---30%25-fat)

A better snack (though probably not P1 as there may be sugars involved) is beef or turkey jerky - not the chopped and formed kind though, real meat slices marinated & dried.

Sorry, but I'm sure the coach will tell you too, just Also I just noticed there is dextrose in the jalapeno one = ADDED SUGAR

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-11-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I'm wondering if someone might know if this is okay. I haven't started on IP yet, but every morning I have Splenda's No Calorie Sweetener, flavored (my favorite is Mocha). It is 0/0/0 so I assume it would be okay? It feels too easy though!
Some people use Crystal Lite or Mio, but if you notice that you aren't getting the results you want it's a pretty safe bet to look at the 'added flavourings' since even though they may show 0/0/0 that just means they have less than 1g per serving - more than 1 serving can add up & affect weight loss. I know stevia is allowed as a sweetener for coffee and here in Canada the Krisda brand in powder packets also comes in French Vanilla and Amaretto, I think. I don't remember what other sweetener is allowed because I take my coffee black & plain. One of the others might remember. Also be careful what ingredients are in these flavourings - sometimes they are a sneaky source of gluten.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:39 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Sorry to say but approx. 68% of the calories in those things is from fat. Something you might be able to use in maintenance ONCE IN A WHILE but not as a P1-3 protein The percentage shown after the fat grams is the percentage of daily suggested allowance of fat that 1 serving (piece/stick) provides & not the percentage of calories in the product that is fat. Hard to explain...
Like grades of ground beef - surprisingly 82% of the calories in regular ground beef comes from fat and even extra lean ground beef USDA 57% of the calories come from fat. http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...an---30%25-fat)

A better snack (though probably not P1 as there may be sugars involved) is beef or turkey jerky - not the chopped and formed kind though, real meat slices marinated & dried.

Sorry, but I'm sure the coach will tell you too, just Also I just noticed there is dextrose in the jalapeno one = ADDED SUGAR

Liana
That's pretty much what I thought. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #30  
Started IP 5/6/12

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms

Last edited by srbj; 05-11-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Corrected
Closed Thread