3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295528-ip-daily-chat.html)

lisa32989 05-05-2014 06:40 AM

IP Daily Chat

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

coffeebean 05-05-2014 07:08 AM

Day 8 of my reboot with my coach. First weigh in tomorrow. Made it through the weekend staying 100% IP. I am amazed how much energy I have when on ideal protein. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

evemomma 05-05-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 4998113)
Day 8 of my reboot with my coach. First weigh in tomorrow. Made it through the weekend. Staying 100% IP. I am amazed how much energy I have when on ideal protein. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

Good for you! I have sooooo much energy, too. So much of my bad eating was trying to quivk fix fatigue. Now i know how much worse i was making it!I am originally from Ft. Wayne...my brother-in-law lives in Indy.

Fun find: I put my raspberry jelly in freezer and found that, once it was slightly frozen, it's a lot like gelato...
very smooth and creamy. Yum! I also put sea salt on my chocolate pudding...sort of a version of salted caramel.

Ruth Ann 05-05-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 4998146)
Good for you! I have sooooo much energy, too. So much of my bad eating was trying to quivk fix fatigue. Now i know how much worse i was making it!I am originally from Ft. Wayne...my brother-in-law lives in Indy.

Fun find: I put my raspberry jelly in freezer and found that, once it was slightly frozen, it's a lot like gelato...
very smooth and creamy. Yum! I also put sea salt on my chocolate pudding...sort of a version of salted caramel.

Yeah, I always thought eating would fix everything - didn't work very well. :D My body is much happier eating this way!

NaeNae2113 05-05-2014 08:43 AM

Hi Everyone
Hope you all had a good weekend. I struggled a bit as my DH and I went to a sports bar to watch the Kentucky Derby. For the most part I did pretty good, didn't drink any alcohol but did eat a few of my girlfriends "Naked" chicken wings, which means they have no sauce on them. They are deep fried however and I know that is a no no. Anyway I made a quick recovery and got back on track with my next meal!! This is a big NSV for me because in the past I would have used this as an excuse to go crazy eating all weekend and "restart" on Monday!!
Have a great rest of the week!!

MarylandMom 05-05-2014 09:50 AM

I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been coming here and reading every single day. I've been a bit discouraged lately because I feel as if I am losing quite a bit slowly than a lot of others here. I KNOW...I shouldn't compare myself to others, but that's easier said than done when I check in here every day and can't help but notice! LOL

Today was WI#6. Was down 1.5. In the past 3 weeks, I have lost a total of 5.3 pounds.

Is there anyone out there who has lost a significant amount of weight, but didn't have big losses most weeks? Would love to hear encouragement on how to stay motivated when you don't experience the big losses and super fast results you want/hope for!

miholmes 05-05-2014 09:50 AM

Well it was my first week on the program and I got on the scale this morning. I'm down 11 pounds.....ELEVEN...that's crazy and wonderful at the same time. And while I realize it won't be this way every week I'm celebrating having a week's worth of will-power. And this is definitely encouraging to stay on the program. :P

~Michael

drd1961 05-05-2014 10:29 AM

http://cathe.com/all-calories-are-no...-loss-strategy

http://cathe.com/does-being-fit-in-m...dementia-later

http://cathe.com/fiber-and-appetite-...-your-appetite

http://cathe.com/5-ways-to-maximize-...-fitness-train

http://cathe.com/decline-in-physical...hey-used-to-be

SophieLT 05-05-2014 10:30 AM

My NSV from this weekend-eating out Friday night and my husband ordered soft pretzel sticks with dipping sauce for an appetizer. I had none!

Ruth Ann 05-05-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandMom (Post 4998231)
I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been coming here and reading every single day. I've been a bit discouraged lately because I feel as if I am losing quite a bit slowly than a lot of others here. I KNOW...I shouldn't compare myself to others, but that's easier said than done when I check in here every day and can't help but notice! LOL

Today was WI#6. Was down 1.5. In the past 3 weeks, I have lost a total of 5.3 pounds.

Is there anyone out there who has lost a significant amount of weight, but didn't have big losses most weeks? Would love to hear encouragement on how to stay motivated when you don't experience the big losses and super fast results you want/hope for!

If my math is right, you've lost more than 3 lbs a week on average! That is awesome! You should be really proud of that accomplishment!

And yes, my body kind of got in a cycle where I'd have 2 or 3 (or 4) low loss weeks and then lose 4-6 pounds all at once. It all evens out. Seriously, remember that at any given point the scale is just part of a measure of overall progress - it's the downward trend you're looking for.

Have you been taking measurements? Any changes there? How do you feel? How do your clothes feel? These are really better measurements of progress than the scale sometimes.

Hang in there - you really are doing great. I know it's hard to be patient, but I figure it this way - I spent better than 25 years overweight, what's a few months to lose it?

murphypuppy 05-05-2014 11:00 AM

So... I cheated this weekend. I had wine, pizza and potatoes. I gained 2 pounds (hopefully not all fat) and I felt terrible the next day. I'm chalking it up to a learning experience. 1. The food did not taste as good as I thought it would have. 2. The wine was lovely but I easily could have done without it - and the headache the next day. 3. The fun of the night wasn't worth a 2 pound gain and a slow down of weight loss for this week.
I'm back on board 100%. I'm not beating myself up too much though because the past 3 weeks have been really hard to stay 100% and this cheat has made me recommit myself to the diet...

JLUS 05-05-2014 11:18 AM

Proti Diet On Sale!

Nashua has 10% off this week on Proti Diet (one of my favorite brands)!

Use CODE: PD10

If you are interested in the Lifetime Membership at Nashua for 10% off forever (including on sales and coupons), I posted info in the Alternative Product thread on how to join (they do not advertise it on the site so you have to know how to join!)

65X65 05-05-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miholmes (Post 4998232)
Well it was my first week on the program and I got on the scale this morning. I'm down 11 pounds.....ELEVEN...that's crazy and wonderful at the same time. And while I realize it won't be this way every week I'm celebrating having a week's worth of will-power. And this is definitely encouraging to stay on the program. :P

~Michael

Good for you!!! Congrats and tap dances!!

You have a few things going for you here...
1.) You're male
2.) You're tall...
3.) ....and the best thing is you've discovered IP!!

keep going...trust the diet and you will reach goal before you know it!

shrinkingsusie 05-05-2014 11:31 AM

Hello!!

dcs0826 05-05-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandMom (Post 4998231)

My past two losses have been a little lower than I'd like, too. I try to remind myself that at least the numbers are going in the right direction! Hang in there, you're doing great! :D

canadjineh 05-05-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 4998146)

I had to re-read this as I thought at first you meant the mock jam from WF, lol. Couldn't figure out how it might taste as 'gelato.' :doh: doh!

I used to add sea salt to my Dark Chocolate pudding, sometimes a whole tsp of cinnamon, sometimes a big dollop of WF Peanut Spread, and sometimes a dash of chili powder for Mayan xocolatl :D

4 different versions for a bit more variety...

Liana

WJMONTE 05-05-2014 01:18 PM

Good Morning all!
I am a total newbie to everything IP! But I have been researching and reading and reading everything from this board and I THINK I have my head wrapped around it all! I have an order sitting in my cart at nashuanutrition since I plan to follow the alternative program only. I reviewed my choices then deleted some due to them being super restricted I dont want to start off with too much that I already can't have. Still way confused about the vitamins dont know which ones to get even with the links provided here but I will do my best!

evemomma 05-05-2014 01:49 PM

Ok...I have been sitting at the same weight for nearly a week now with no cheating. I'm on week 3 and have my weigh-in on Weds. I also just finished my TOM. I know loss will slow from the first few weeks....but i'm still making myself crazy! Any tips to keep sane?

drd1961 05-05-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 4998434)
Ok...I have been sitting at the same weight for nearly a week now with no cheating. I'm on week 3 and have my weigh-in on Weds. I also just finished my TOM. I know loss will slow from the first few weeks....but i'm still making myself crazy! Any tips to keep sane?

Stop looking at the scale every day.

evemomma 05-05-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4998444)
Stop looking at the scale every day.

Haha! Yes!!! I did skip looking since Friday and then was bummed to see my same number. I need to skip again until Weds (but I will weigh myself in AM before weigh since I don't go in until late afternoon.

cooluu 05-05-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 4998434)

We are about in the same place and I too tend to weigh myself every morning (even though I know I shouldn't) and my scale hasn't changed all week either. I officially weigh in tomorrow but know it won't be different. I'm thinking since the first three weeks were great this must be our slow week. We just need to keep on going and it will eventually show us what we want. :)

Jenny38 05-05-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miholmes (Post 4998232)

Way to go Michael!! It helps having some big loses in the begining to keep us motivated to reach our goal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 4998271)
My NSV from this weekend-eating out Friday night and my husband ordered soft pretzel sticks with dipping sauce for an appetizer. I had none!

That is a great NSV :carrot:

- Cooluu & Evemomma - inches may be changing and each week can be different. Sometimes I found my loses would be slower one week after a bigger week the week before. Your body needs time to adjust.

I have been missing this forum, our internet issues continue at the house so have quickly logged on at work. I find myself thinking of and craving fruit lately - i blame the nicer weather. I need to remember that I will eventually be able to have a fruit on maintanence.

AmberLS 05-05-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 4998286)
So... I cheated this weekend. I had wine, pizza and potatoes. I gained 2 pounds (hopefully not all fat) and I felt terrible the next day. I'm chalking it up to a learning experience. 1. The food did not taste as good as I thought it would have. 2. The wine was lovely but I easily could have done without it - and the headache the next day. 3. The fun of the night wasn't worth a 2 pound gain and a slow down of weight loss for this week.
I'm back on board 100%. I'm not beating myself up too much though because the past 3 weeks have been really hard to stay 100% and this cheat has made me recommit myself to the diet...

Ug I totally know the feeling of rough week. I haven't cheated but I sure felt like I was about to all the time lately. Glad the cheat made you feel recommitted though! A lot of people go the other way. :hug:

AmberLS 05-05-2014 07:16 PM

So today was my official weigh in, not surprisingly I was up that pound from yesterday but oh well! LOL, I mean I "ONLY" lost 3.6 lbs this week.... ;) all in all the suffering of the week led to a good end, glad I stayed OP and I didn't cave.

evemomma 05-05-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooluu (Post 4998494)
We are about in the same place and I too tend to weigh myself every morning (even though I know I shouldn't) and my scale hasn't changed all week either. I officially weigh in tomorrow but know it won't be different. I'm thinking since the first three weeks were great this must be our slow week. We just need to keep on going and it will eventually show us what we want. :)

Good pep talk!!!

I was doing really well not weighing at first, but then it was FUN to see a loss every day. Well, now I just need to gut it out until Wednesday. I was hoping to be down 15 lbs for Disney...but I guess I can only control what I can control.

GL at your weigh in tomorrow!

canadjineh 05-05-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 4998497)
I find myself thinking of and craving fruit lately - i blame the nicer weather. I need to remember that I will eventually be able to have a fruit on maintanence.

Funny, but now that I'm on maintenance, fruit isn't such a huge part of my life anymore. Yes I enjoy it but I don't crave it and sometimes I go the whole day without choosing it. I used to loooove bananas, at all stages of ripeness from almost crunchy, when they don't peel properly (btw, high in resistant starch - interesting google) to almost black & dead looking. :cb: Now I might have a banana maybe 3x week. I like all fruit except durian, lol. But maybe if I was exposed often enough, I might come to like it. After all, I like strong smelly cheeses, lol.

Liana

lisa32989 05-06-2014 10:34 AM

Beck diet solution
May 6, 2014 - Tuesday Reality Check

Unless you’re doing something like training for a marathon and truly do have different fuel needs, it’s important to separate your exercise from your eating. People tend to overestimate the amount of calories they burn while exercising, and consequently impede themselves from losing weight because they have the sabotaging thought, “It’s okay to eat this [extra food] since I exercised today.”

cooluu 05-06-2014 11:11 AM

Well I had my 4th week weigh in and lost .4 lbs. which equals 3.3 lbs. a week. Not exactly what I wanted but it's a great average! I've also went down 4% body fat and several inches so things are going in the right direction.

65X65 05-06-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4998971)
Beck diet solution
May 6, 2014 - Tuesday Reality Check

...... People tend to overestimate the amount of calories they burn while exercising, and consequently impede themselves from losing weight because they have the sabotaging thought, “It’s okay to eat this [extra food] since I exercised today.”

This is absolutely TRUE...compounded by the fact that as you do lose...the caloric deficit from the same exercise also drops! Raw deal Huh??? But it is what it is..! Just be aware....Translation: means with time...(once you hit goal...) you do need to think about "ramping" it up. The good thing is the flexibility, cardiac benefit and balance you get from exercise IS going to allow you to move well and enjoy life.

But that occasional slice of pizza or glass of wine will take even more to "offset"....

pishposhappelsauce 05-06-2014 11:44 AM

Fourth WI today, down another 3 pounds! I have been very consistent week to week, but inches are still slow. I finally did lose an inch in my waist, so hooray for that!

My first travel experience OP is coming up this weekend as I am traveling to Syracuse for my brother's graduation...I bought a few Ready-Made drinks, extra packets, and WF sample size dressings to help me get through since we'll be eating in restaurants most of the time. I'm confident I can do it!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

canadjineh 05-06-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 4999012)
Fourth WI today, down another 3 pounds! I have been very consistent week to week, but inches are still slow. I finally did lose an inch in my waist, so hooray for that!

My first travel experience OP is coming up this weekend as I am traveling to Syracuse for my brother's graduation...I bought a few Ready-Made drinks, extra packets, and WF sample size dressings to help me get through since we'll be eating in restaurants most of the time. I'm confident I can do it!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Good goin' Pishposh, Nice planning for the travel! You've got this!

Liana

evemomma 05-06-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooluu (Post 4998990)
Well I had my 4th week weigh in and lost .4. Lbs. which equals 3.3 lbs. a week. Not exactly what I wanted but it's a great average! I've also went down 4% body fat and several inches so things are going in the right direction.

Yay for you! I think you're rearing up for a big loss next week! I think averaging is a good way to look at a hard week. I weigh in tomorrow and look forward to my average since I know my weekly loss will be small.

Jenny38 05-06-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooluu (Post 4998990)
Well I had my 4th week weigh in and lost .4 lbs. which equals 3.3 lbs. a week. Not exactly what I wanted but it's a great average! I've also went down 4% body fat and several inches so things are going in the right direction.

Cooluu 3.3lbs a week is awesome! I had to make sure I was reading your posting right because you seemed upset and I thought how is that possible because anything over 2lbs is a huge lose. I agree that averaging it helps, not every week is going to be the same.

I am having a hungry day and hope that by saying it out loud and typying it I will feel better. I also have a nice cup of tea and my water but am already looking at the clock to see when I can have my snack. Did I mention I just had lunch an hour ago. Oh well, it will pass. I just need to get distracted.

cooluu 05-06-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 4999073)
Cooluu 3.3lbs a week is awesome! I had to make sure I was reading your posting right because you seemed upset and I thought how is that possible because anything over 2lbs is a huge lose. I agree that averaging it helps, not every week is going to be the same.

I am having a hungry day and hope that by saying it out loud and typying it I will feel better. I also have a nice cup of tea and my water but am already looking at the clock to see when I can have my snack. Did I mention I just had lunch an hour ago. Oh well, it will pass. I just need to get distracted.

Definitely not upset but at first I was like only .4 but in my head I knew I'd been doing great. I hope that makes sense lol. The averaging helped me see wait a second there's no reason to think I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be.

Hopefully your hunger passes and it will be snack time before you know it!

65X65 05-06-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 4998627)
Funny, but now that I'm on maintenance, fruit isn't such a huge part of my life anymore. Yes I enjoy it but I don't crave it and sometimes I go the whole day without choosing it. I used to loooove bananas, at all stages of ripeness from almost crunchy, when they don't peel properly (btw, high in resistant starch - interesting google) to almost black & dead looking. :cb: Now I might have a banana maybe 3x week. I like all fruit except durian, lol. But maybe if I was exposed often enough, I might come to like it. After all, I like strong smelly cheeses, lol.

Liana

Like liana, I also am not so big on fruit in maintenance. Berries ( strawberries are the lowest! Blueberries next ) are part of breakfast for me a few times a week...and that is it. The nutritional data on things like apples and other hand fruits are pretty much based on smaller pieces. ...and a lot of the data is probably wrong. Fruits have been hybridized a lot over the last few decades..and they are bred for taste. Sugar. Fructose... And an apple or pear that has been through that is probably higher than the data available indicates. The apples we see in our stores today are gigundo..! Probably equivalent to 3 of what the calories and carbs are based on! Most of those Vitamins are available in lower carb/calorie form...red and yellow peppers, tomatoes etc. some of us need to be real careful.

Sully1961 05-06-2014 07:27 PM

Today has been a difficult day. For some reason I was feeling hungry all evening but upon reflection I realize I am more tired than I am hungry. So, I am waiting for the kettle to boil to make a big mug of herbal tea and then heading off to blanket harbour early tonight.
Thanks for sharing your struggles and helping me feel connected and supported on this journey.

Kimorea 05-06-2014 08:57 PM

Hi guys I am BACKKKK...I was 149 then have been holding 138lbs since my last post.. well I have not been doing what i am suppose to do and I have a five weeks until my vacation and I have beem 138lbs for so long I miss it.

canadjineh 05-06-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimorea (Post 4999301)
Hi guys I am BACKKKK...I was 149 then have been holding 138lbs since my last post.. well I have not been doing what i am suppose to do and I have a five weeks until my vacation and I have beem 138lbs for so long I miss it.

10 lbs = 5 weeks You can do this!!! We'll help support you! :beach:

Liana

AmberLS 05-07-2014 08:48 AM

Okay I'm done!!!! I can't do this anymore. I finally break through the endless days of 212-2-15. I torture myself, I struggle for two weeks in a way I haven't struggled on this diet before for what? Only to have gained 3 lbs and back and be right freaking back at 212.6 this morning... I wish I could tell myself that 3lbs is a daily fluctuation thing, but I've tracked my weight long enough to know it's not. I've NEVER gained 3 lbs in a couple days. Maybe one and a half and bobbled around, but 3 days ago I weight 3 lbs less than I weigh today which means between now and Monday I have to lose 3 plus lbs to show a loss or 3 lbs to break even.

65X65 05-07-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4999511)
Okay I'm done!!!! I can't do this anymore. I finally break through the endless days of 212-2-15. I torture myself, I struggle for two weeks in a way I haven't struggled on this diet before for what? Only to have gained 3 lbs and back and be right freaking back at 212.6 this morning... I wish I could tell myself that 3lbs is a daily fluctuation thing, but I've tracked my weight long enough to know it's not. I've NEVER gained 3 lbs in a couple days. Maybe one and a half and bobbled around, but 3 days ago I weight 3 lbs less than I weigh today which means between now and Monday I have to lose 3 plus lbs to show a loss or 3 lbs to break even.

Amber...breathe. You have done an amazing job with this. Especially considering all that is on your plate!!!! You probably need a weigh in or two where the coach does NOT tell you what the result is...and you need to put your home scale in the trunk of your car. Fageddaboutit .... for a while. Not sure of your age...but is it possible you may be approaching peri-menopause? The hormonal thing PLUS your stress levels (which are increasing your cortisol)...could really have you out of whack. Are you also hypothyroid? You may want to have that checked...and although the scale is good tool...it may be derailing you at this point.

Be good to you...we all care. A lot. About you.