Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #46  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
You are young for peri-menopause...but stranger things have happened. Also...for me keeping the scale in my face is important.

However...you really make me wonder if the cortisol levels from stress are impacting you more than you realize at the moment.

You need a weekend off. If I lived near you I'd take your kids and send you off....
I'm with 65 Amber - you've done so well with all you have to deal with! I imagine your stress levels are through the roof and it's effecting your scale weight.

Can you schedule some down time for yourself? Even an afternoon if that's all you can manage. Taking care of yourself is really important, especially right now - you're doing a lot of hard work and need to take a "me" break once in awhile.

We're all rooting for you!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #47  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Sabotaging Thought: Nothing I do will make a difference.

From Beck
May 7, 2014 - Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: Nothing I do will make a difference.

Response: That’s not true! EVERYTHING I do makes a difference. Every time I overcome a craving, make a plan and stick to it, resist the urge to eat for emotional reasons, etc., I make it easier and more likely I’ll be able to do it again the next time. I need to remember that losing weight is not one big change I make, rather it’s the sum total of all the small changes.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I had reboot weigh in #1 with my coach yesterday down 4.4 pounds. Excited to be back on plan
Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Back on track after my cheat day... Lost 1.4 this week - not the best but at least it wasn't a gain!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 206/185/155-135

Height: 5ft

Every time I overcome a craving, make a plan and stick to it, resist the urge to eat for emotional reasons, etc., I make it easier and more likely I’ll be able to do it again the next time. I need to remember that losing weight is not one big change I make, rather it’s the sum total of all the small changes.

Tisado
That was very inspirational. Wise words
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #51  
P4

Default link to Beck page

http://www.beckdietsolution.com/daily-diet-solutions/

Beck website has daily inspirational messages.
Whole serial of books too.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #52  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Donated 10 inches of hair yesterday. I was ready for a new look and felt like I was "hiding behind my hair" in a way. Hope I attached the image correctly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10334476_10202111575410666_1662323412681771924_n.jpg (31.0 KB, 42 views)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #53  
P4

Default New look

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Donated 10 inches of hair yesterday. I was ready for a new look and felt like I was "hiding behind my hair" in a way. Hope I attached the image correctly!

Love the new look!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

To those of you who are feeling like even a 1 lb loss isn't even enough, remember how long it took to put the weight on. For me it was a creep, 5 pounds a year over the last 10 years until BAM! I weighed in at 203 on April 1st. I keep looking at every 5 pounds lost as a year of weight gone. I am ALL IN! when the going gets tough, I turn outwards and try to talk about it or I come to the forum to share it and often I see my experiences reflected in the comments made by others and that is when I know I am not alone. Working hard to reach out here rather than my cupboards...so far, so good.
Hugs to all!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay I'm done!!!! I can't do this anymore. I finally break through the endless days of 212-2-15. I torture myself, I struggle for two weeks in a way I haven't struggled on this diet before for what? Only to have gained 3 lbs and back and be right freaking back at 212.6 this morning... I wish I could tell myself that 3lbs is a daily fluctuation thing, but I've tracked my weight long enough to know it's not. I've NEVER gained 3 lbs in a couple days. Maybe one and a half and bobbled around, but 3 days ago I weight 3 lbs less than I weigh today which means between now and Monday I have to lose 3 plus lbs to show a loss or 3 lbs to break even.
Quote:
I'm 34 so it's hard to say. I'm only seeing my coach 2-3 more times because the cash flow is over so I'm on my own. Putting my scale away isn't an option because last time I put it away I gained 100lbs. A scale keeps me honest, through the scale I've learned what my normal fluctuations are. I can handle being stuck and little differences there's a pattern to it all and right now in the pattern I should be losing more than other weeks. I realize this happens but that doesn't make it easy to swallow especially when it's been so hard
I'm with 65
You are totally stressing yourself out & the stress isn't helping

We all want WL to be linear. A straight line down. It isn't. It happens in fits and starts. I've watched you stress yourself out over the scale over & over.

Perhaps for now, your accountability should be in MFP or your handwritten journal. As long as you're OP, you are NOT gaining weight.

And definitely get your thyroid checked (anyone who has been on IP more than 3 months!). VLC diets are extrememly hard on thyroid function. What happens is low carb raises reverse T3, which slows the thyroid. My new doc is taking me off of P1 because my stall is due to this phenomenon. Cycling on/off hasn't allowed the thyroid to fully recover.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #56  

Height: 5' 11"

My food I ordered from Lindora came today. SO EXCITED to have something that resembles a regular carb! :P So the sour cream and onion flavored soy puffs hit the spot!!

I also signed up for the Ideal Protien plan with my Dr, he knew I was supplimenting the cost and he welcomed it. Said as long a I was losing weight and choosing compriable foods it was a good thing.

So I need to lose 50 pounds, however my mini goal is to lose 25 to get below 200.....I haven't been that weight for YEARS....like in my early 20s. That will be a pretty great feeling.

Nervous about next week, I going to the International Quilt Market in Pittsburg, so I will need to be sure to pack my food accordingly! And as much as I want to take the 4 days off and just enough myself, the truth is it's REALLY busy, so having a pouch of soy puffs will acctually be easy. Dinner I just need to be sure and stick to my 8 oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies!!

It's only my 2nd week so I'm nervous I won't have the will power. But here's hoping!! Wish me luck!

~Michael
Old 05-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
You look great!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #58  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Okay I'm done!!!! I can't do this anymore. I finally break through the endless days of 212-2-15. I torture myself, I struggle for two weeks in a way I haven't struggled on this diet before for what? Only to have gained 3 lbs and back and be right freaking back at 212.6 this morning... I wish I could tell myself that 3lbs is a daily fluctuation thing, but I've tracked my weight long enough to know it's not. I've NEVER gained 3 lbs in a couple days. Maybe one and a half and bobbled around, but 3 days ago I weight 3 lbs less than I weigh today which means between now and Monday I have to lose 3 plus lbs to show a loss or 3 lbs to break even.
Amber hang in there girl!! You are half way to your goal.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #59  

Quote:
\
You look great!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #60  

Quote:
That is frustrating!! You will break through it! It could be water retention or a variety of other things but it surely isn't a 3 pound gain of fat! Stay strong and don't make the mistake of cheating like I did! It will start coming off again!
Closed Thread