Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Fourth WI today, down another 3 pounds! I have been very consistent week to week, but inches are still slow. I finally did lose an inch in my waist, so hooray for that!

My first travel experience OP is coming up this weekend as I am traveling to Syracuse for my brother's graduation...I bought a few Ready-Made drinks, extra packets, and WF sample size dressings to help me get through since we'll be eating in restaurants most of the time. I'm confident I can do it!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Good goin' Pishposh, Nice planning for the travel! You've got this!

Liana
Old 05-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #32  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
Well I had my 4th week weigh in and lost .4. Lbs. which equals 3.3 lbs. a week. Not exactly what I wanted but it's a great average! I've also went down 4% body fat and several inches so things are going in the right direction.
Yay for you! I think you're rearing up for a big loss next week! I think averaging is a good way to look at a hard week. I weigh in tomorrow and look forward to my average since I know my weekly loss will be small.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
Well I had my 4th week weigh in and lost .4 lbs. which equals 3.3 lbs. a week. Not exactly what I wanted but it's a great average! I've also went down 4% body fat and several inches so things are going in the right direction.

Cooluu 3.3lbs a week is awesome! I had to make sure I was reading your posting right because you seemed upset and I thought how is that possible because anything over 2lbs is a huge lose. I agree that averaging it helps, not every week is going to be the same.

I am having a hungry day and hope that by saying it out loud and typying it I will feel better. I also have a nice cup of tea and my water but am already looking at the clock to see when I can have my snack. Did I mention I just had lunch an hour ago. Oh well, it will pass. I just need to get distracted.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Cooluu 3.3lbs a week is awesome! I had to make sure I was reading your posting right because you seemed upset and I thought how is that possible because anything over 2lbs is a huge lose. I agree that averaging it helps, not every week is going to be the same.

I am having a hungry day and hope that by saying it out loud and typying it I will feel better. I also have a nice cup of tea and my water but am already looking at the clock to see when I can have my snack. Did I mention I just had lunch an hour ago. Oh well, it will pass. I just need to get distracted.
Definitely not upset but at first I was like only .4 but in my head I knew I'd been doing great. I hope that makes sense lol. The averaging helped me see wait a second there's no reason to think I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be.

Hopefully your hunger passes and it will be snack time before you know it!
Old 05-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Funny, but now that I'm on maintenance, fruit isn't such a huge part of my life anymore. Yes I enjoy it but I don't crave it and sometimes I go the whole day without choosing it. I used to loooove bananas, at all stages of ripeness from almost crunchy, when they don't peel properly (btw, high in resistant starch - interesting google) to almost black & dead looking. Now I might have a banana maybe 3x week. I like all fruit except durian, lol. But maybe if I was exposed often enough, I might come to like it. After all, I like strong smelly cheeses, lol.

Liana
Like liana, I also am not so big on fruit in maintenance. Berries ( strawberries are the lowest! Blueberries next ) are part of breakfast for me a few times a week...and that is it. The nutritional data on things like apples and other hand fruits are pretty much based on smaller pieces. ...and a lot of the data is probably wrong. Fruits have been hybridized a lot over the last few decades..and they are bred for taste. Sugar. Fructose... And an apple or pear that has been through that is probably higher than the data available indicates. The apples we see in our stores today are gigundo..! Probably equivalent to 3 of what the calories and carbs are based on! Most of those Vitamins are available in lower carb/calorie form...red and yellow peppers, tomatoes etc. some of us need to be real careful.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

Today has been a difficult day. For some reason I was feeling hungry all evening but upon reflection I realize I am more tired than I am hungry. So, I am waiting for the kettle to boil to make a big mug of herbal tea and then heading off to blanket harbour early tonight.
Thanks for sharing your struggles and helping me feel connected and supported on this journey.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 148.5/148.5/139(or lower)

Height: 5'0"

Hi guys I am BACKKKK...I was 149 then have been holding 138lbs since my last post.. well I have not been doing what i am suppose to do and I have a five weeks until my vacation and I have beem 138lbs for so long I miss it.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimorea View Post
Hi guys I am BACKKKK...I was 149 then have been holding 138lbs since my last post.. well I have not been doing what i am suppose to do and I have a five weeks until my vacation and I have beem 138lbs for so long I miss it.
10 lbs = 5 weeks You can do this!!! We'll help support you!

Liana
Old 05-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #39  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Okay I'm done!!!! I can't do this anymore. I finally break through the endless days of 212-2-15. I torture myself, I struggle for two weeks in a way I haven't struggled on this diet before for what? Only to have gained 3 lbs and back and be right freaking back at 212.6 this morning... I wish I could tell myself that 3lbs is a daily fluctuation thing, but I've tracked my weight long enough to know it's not. I've NEVER gained 3 lbs in a couple days. Maybe one and a half and bobbled around, but 3 days ago I weight 3 lbs less than I weigh today which means between now and Monday I have to lose 3 plus lbs to show a loss or 3 lbs to break even.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay I'm done!!!! I can't do this anymore. I finally break through the endless days of 212-2-15. I torture myself, I struggle for two weeks in a way I haven't struggled on this diet before for what? Only to have gained 3 lbs and back and be right freaking back at 212.6 this morning... I wish I could tell myself that 3lbs is a daily fluctuation thing, but I've tracked my weight long enough to know it's not. I've NEVER gained 3 lbs in a couple days. Maybe one and a half and bobbled around, but 3 days ago I weight 3 lbs less than I weigh today which means between now and Monday I have to lose 3 plus lbs to show a loss or 3 lbs to break even.
Amber...breathe. You have done an amazing job with this. Especially considering all that is on your plate!!!! You probably need a weigh in or two where the coach does NOT tell you what the result is...and you need to put your home scale in the trunk of your car. Fageddaboutit .... for a while. Not sure of your age...but is it possible you may be approaching peri-menopause? The hormonal thing PLUS your stress levels (which are increasing your cortisol)...could really have you out of whack. Are you also hypothyroid? You may want to have that checked...and although the scale is good tool...it may be derailing you at this point.

Be good to you...we all care. A lot. About you.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #41  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

I don't have much advice, since I'm still learning the ropes myself. I'm sorry that your past few weeks have been so hard. I'm proud of your hard work, and I know that you will pull through this.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #42  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I'm 34 so it's hard to say. I'm only seeing my coach 2-3 more times because the cash flow is over so I'm on my own. Putting my scale away isn't an option because last time I put it away I gained 100lbs. A scale keeps me honest, through the scale I've learned what my normal fluctuations are. I can handle being stuck and little differences there's a pattern to it all and right now in the pattern I should be losing more than other weeks. I realize this happens but that doesn't make it easy to swallow especially when it's been so hard
Old 05-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #43  

Quote:
I'm 34 so it's hard to say. I'm only seeing my coach 2-3 more times because the cash flow is over so I'm on my own. Putting my scale away isn't an option because last time I put it away I gained 100lbs. A scale keeps me honest, through the scale I've learned what my normal fluctuations are. I can handle being stuck and little differences there's a pattern to it all and right now in the pattern I should be losing more than other weeks. I realize this happens but that doesn't make it easy to swallow especially when it's been so hard
You are young for peri-menopause...but stranger things have happened. Also...for me keeping the scale in my face is important.

However...you really make me wonder if the cortisol levels from stress are impacting you more than you realize at the moment.

You need a weekend off. If I lived near you I'd take your kids and send you off....
Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face Been gone a while and need some ideas

I have stayed off the board for almost a month (like jendilly) and have a crappy time. I essentially stopped dieting for 3 weeks, gained 6lbs back which I have lost 3 this week already ( I had a reality check!)

And my stress level is running high ATM. We were in TX the week of April 22nd house shopping. We looked at 15 houses and the last house we looked at the KIDS went crazy for. We came home dh and I talked a lot about what our next move was- either go back down in june again and look more OR try to get the last house we looked at. In a nutshell we put an offer in on the house- they owner took it with no counter offer!!! So I have been in a whirl wind of things and stressing out. DH was in MI all week last week for a global corp. meeting, so I was taking care of everything and still am (he is soooooooooo busy with work he does not have time to make the calls lie I do)

So we have 4 weeks untilu we close and I need to find a meal planner that I can enter what I have in the fridge, freeze and cupboards to help me plan out meals so we don't need to buy more meat (freezer is half full) and I can mini mize what we have to get from the store.

Do you know any websites that make it easy for me LOL.

I have been pushing myself to the point I have been mindlessly eating my self silly ( hence the reality check!!)

SOrry to ramble but I need some help so I ask with with an open mind!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #45  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Hello All!

Rebooted April 8, 2013 and have lost 13 pounds so far. I'm finding that IP is going slower this time than the last time....where I lost 70 pounds in less than 3 months!!
I'm also finding that I'm always reaching for a gum because I always have a terrible taste in my mouth and bad breath!!
I'm needing this group now and wanted to return to your comeradery, advise and friendship. HELLO AGAN!
Closed Thread