3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295528-ip-daily-chat.html)

murphypuppy 05-08-2014 11:02 AM

:carrot::carrot::carrot: As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

NaeNae2113 05-08-2014 11:26 AM

Hello Everyone.
I had my 3rd weigh in this morning and I lost 5lbs. That makes 14 lbs in 3 weeks WOW! I never thought it was possible to lose this much weight and not feel like I am starving!! Thanks to all the great tips and information shared here it has been really easy.:carrot::carrot:

SophieLT 05-08-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 4999766)
That & your body will be concentrating on healing and not on losing weight (slightly simplified of course) so you may not see much happen for a bit depending on the injury.

Liana

Ugh! I was afraid someone would say that! Thanks for your reply.

SophieLT 05-08-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 5000454)
:carrot::carrot::carrot: As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congrats! I am looking forward to saying that someday! :bravo::bravo:

AmberLS 05-08-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 5000454)

How exciting!!!! GOOD JOB

JSorrell 05-08-2014 01:54 PM

Phase 3

So, talked to the coach again about not really wanting to be off IP during recovery from breast reduction. He caved a little bit and said that Phase 3 would be alright.

So, since I haven't gone through Phase 3 (although I did read the attached sheet in the stickies section), what are your thoughts? I really want to avoid putting what I have taken off right back on during that bed rest phase. Will Phase 3 be low calorie/carb enough to prevent that while I'm on bed rest?

I'm supposed to start Phase 2 next week and then by the time surgery gets here, I'll be on Phase 3.

evemomma 05-08-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 5000300)
....aack! I had an extremely busy day yesterday and realized I ate two restricted packets instead of one. Will this throw me off? Should I skip a restricted today?

Bump :)

IPColorado 05-08-2014 02:40 PM

Hello All,

I am on day 10 and down 12lbs; at my first weigh in since beginning I was down 9lbs and lost a total of 4 1/2 inches!

I am really enjoying the diet - it seems easy, I don't have issues with hunger, and I have already had a few comments from others asking what I have been doing....

Thanks for the all the posts - this site is great for learning!

IPColorado

Ruth Ann 05-08-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSorrell (Post 5000587)
So, talked to the coach again about not really wanting to be off IP during recovery from breast reduction. He caved a little bit and said that Phase 3 would be alright.

So, since I haven't gone through Phase 3 (although I did read the attached sheet in the stickies section), what are your thoughts? I really want to avoid putting what I have taken off right back on during that bed rest phase. Will Phase 3 be low calorie/carb enough to prevent that while I'm on bed rest?

I'm supposed to start Phase 2 next week and then by the time surgery gets here, I'll be on Phase 3.

Not to be rude or add to your stress or anything - but why is your coach dictating whether you are on IP or not before/during/after your surgery? What does your doctor say?

Ruth Ann 05-08-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 5000300)
....aack! I had an extremely busy day yesterday and realized I ate two restricted packets instead of one. Will this throw me off? Should I skip a restricted today?

No panicking allowed! I would skip the restricted today, eat the lower carb veggies and drink lots of water. I doubt you got enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis though - kind of depends on how many carbs you got from other sources.

Hang in there, you'll be fine!

canadjineh 05-08-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5000625)
Not to be rude or add to your stress or anything - but why is your coach dictating whether you are on IP or not before/during/after your surgery? What does your doctor say?

^^^ THIS ^^^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5000627)
No panicking allowed! I would skip the restricted today, eat the lower carb veggies and drink lots of water. I doubt you got enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis though - kind of depends on how many carbs you got from other sources.

and ^^^ THIS ^^^

Liana ;)

evemomma 05-08-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5000627)

Ok thanks! i had a salad of cabbage (red/white) cauliflower, with just a few pickles and yellow peppers. I think o read broccoli/colored peppers are higher carbs. What veggies are low? I will do 3 unrestricteds today! I had such a rough morning...put coffee in pot without filter, forgot about vet appnt for my dog, forgot to pack lunches for my kids - migraines STINK!!!!!

Ruth Ann 05-08-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 5000642)
Ok thanks! i had a salad of cabbage (red/white) cauliflower, with just a few pickles and yellow peppers. I think o read broccoli/colored peppers are higher carbs. What veggies are low? I will do 3 unrestricteds today! I had such a rough morning...put coffee in pot without filter, forgot about vet appnt for my dog, forgot to pack lunches for my kids - migraines STINK!!!!!

So sorry about your migraine - they are awful!

Celery, cucumbers, pickles, etc. are all pretty low carb

canadjineh 05-08-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 5000642)

To find out Nutrition info you can go to www.nutritiondata.self.com and plug in any food you can think of - most of them are there and will give you the breakdown of nutrients just like on the side of a prepared food box. Just watch the serving/measurement size to make sure you have the correct amounts.

1/2 cup chopped broccoli cooked (boiled) is 6g minus 3g fiber so 3g NET carb.

1 cup chopped (quite a bit of pepper) sweet red pepper raw is 9 g carb minus 3g fiber so 6 g NET carb.
Sweet green raw is 7g minus 3.

Just remember that red peppers have 50% more vitamin C than green and other nutrients that come from that red/orange colour group of veggies - and we aren't using carrots or orange squashes - keep the nutrients in mind too. ;)

Liana

evemomma 05-08-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5000649)
To find out Nutrition info you can go to www.nutritiondata.self.com and plug in any food you can think of - most of them are there and will give you the breakdown of nutrients just like on the side of a prepared food box. Just watch the serving/measurement size to make sure you have the correct amounts.

1/2 cup chopped broccoli cooked (boiled) is 6g minus 3g fiber so 3g NET carb.

1 cup chopped (quite a bit of pepper) sweet red pepper raw is 9 g carb minus 3g fiber so 6 g NET carb.
Sweet green raw is 7g minus 3.

Just remember that red peppers have 50% more vitamin C than green and other nutrients that come from that red/orange colour group of veggies - and we aren't using carrots or orange squashes - keep the nutrients in mind too. ;)

Liana

Thanks Liana! I am usually a colored pepper GURU! They are my treat!!! But today will use them sparingly. Luckily...have lots of other options.