3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295528-ip-daily-chat.html)

walkernjh 05-08-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tisado (Post 4999674)
http://www.beckdietsolution.com/daily-diet-solutions/

Beck website has daily inspirational messages.
Whole serial of books too.

Thanks for the website link to the Beck book. I bought it through Audible.com and am just starting to listen to it. So far I am loving the sound advice in the book. Works with any plan you are on.

Nancy

walkernjh 05-08-2014 06:02 AM

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone that posts to this thread. I am just starting week three on the plan. It's nice to come to a place to get ideas, support, etc. This is working for me in so many ways.

I do have one question. Have any of you found that you didn't sleep well at the start of the program? I seem to wake up a lot in the night. Sometimes it's to get rid of the water (but I have always drank 8 to 10 cups of water a day so that is not a big change for me), sometimes I just wake up.

I am thinking the sleep issue might be from the one BIG change this plan has made in my life.....no alcohol. My drinks used to make me sleep at night...or most of it.

Thanks for everyone's great insight!

Ruth Ann 05-08-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkernjh (Post 5000196)
I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone that posts to this thread. I am just starting week three on the plan. It's nice to come to a place to get ideas, support, etc. This is working for me in so many ways.

I do have one question. Have any of you found that you didn't sleep well at the start of the program? I seem to wake up a lot in the night. Sometimes it's to get rid of the water (but I have always drank 8 to 10 cups of water a day so that is not a big change for me), sometimes I just wake up.

I am thinking the sleep issue might be from the one BIG change this plan has made in my life.....no alcohol. My drinks used to make me sleep at night...or most of it.

Congrats on making it through week 3 - you are well on your way!

Lots of people report that they are either sleeping worse or sleeping better. I did great at the beginning but the more I lost the worse my sleep got, mostly due to hormones - hot flashes are miserable. Eventually ended up on replacement therapy which has helped some.

I think you just have to give it time sometimes and see how you do. If it gets really bad your doctor may be able to pinpoint a cause.

dcs0826 05-08-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tisado (Post 4999689)
Love the new look! :encore:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staceyhay (Post 4999732)
You look great!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 4999741)
\
You look great!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 4999998)
Dcs, I love your new hair! Wonderful that you donated it too!

Thanks all!!

SylviesGirl 05-08-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

I slept horribly for the first few weeks. It was really making me wonder if I would be able to keep to it for the long-term as i was getting kind of flaky. All of a sudden, the restlessness and distracting dreams stopped and I began sleeping better than ever. Giving up alcohol was not a big change for me, but I still had sleep issues in the beginning. I do still sometimes get up for a potty stop during the night, but I have gotten so used it it, I practically sleep through it and don't feel like I've had interrupted sleep in the morning. Hang in there -- I think it will get better for you.

evemomma 05-08-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone that posts to this thread. I am just starting week three on thuhh r e plan. It's nice to come to a place to get ideas, support, etc. This is working for me in so many ways.

I had downright MAJOR insomnia the first few nights. Luckily, it passed. My internet search showed high protein diets can do this. Maybe your MD would recommend Melatonin?

drd1961 05-08-2014 08:37 AM

Did not sleep before, did not sleep during, do not sleep now. I seem to be a person that functions on 4-5 hours a sleep a night. I am not tired during the day and if I go to bed early I wake up 4-5 hours later. So I stay up, so it is at least somewhat reasonable to get up.

evemomma 05-08-2014 08:46 AM

....aack! I had an extremely busy day yesterday and realized I ate two restricted packets instead of one. Will this throw me off? Should I skip a restricted today?

texaschick0925 05-08-2014 08:58 AM

I've read that you can have sugar free jello as a snack while you're on phase one.....is this correct? Just wondering......

65X65 05-08-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaschick0925 (Post 5000311)
I've read that you can have sugar free jello as a snack while you're on phase one.....is this correct? Just wondering......

Hi there-
Where did you read this? The guide lines are what is on the P1 sheet...and other things need to be 0 fat, 0 carbs and 0 sugar. In addition the sugarfree sweeteners in anything need to be limited to things like splenda or stevia preferably. Aspertame products are not listed as OK due to it's effect on insulin spiking. Some folks wiggle the rules and make allowances for certain things like this...as do some coaches but technically, this is really not on the program. It does not meet the criteria to control the ingredients ingested.

The jello brands I have seen that are sugar free use aspertame, and you really don't want that. If someone was sick...and was just starting to try to eat solid food again... I have read sometimes people will try using aspertame products to get back up and running after a wicked stomach bug.

Getting your tummy to tolerate food again is different than trying to find another snack.

Good luck with reaching your goal!

texaschick0925 05-08-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 5000333)
Hi there-
Where did you read this? The guide lines are what is on the P1 sheet...and other things need to be 0 fat, 0 carbs and 0 sugar. In addition the sugarfree sweeteners in anything need to be limited to things like splenda or stevia preferably. Aspertame products are not listed as OK due to it's effect on insulin spiking. Some folks wiggle the rules and make allowances for certain things like this...as do some coaches but technically, this is really not on the program. It does not meet the criteria to control the ingredients ingested.

The jello brands I have seen that are sugar free use aspertame, and you really don't want that. If someone was sick...and was just starting to try to eat solid food again... I have read sometimes people will try using aspertame products to get back up and running after a wicked stomach bug.

Getting your tummy to tolerate food again is different than trying to find another snack.

Good luck with reaching your goal!

Thank you!!!! I didn't think it was okay :) Definetly not worth risking it!!

65X65 05-08-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaschick0925 (Post 5000349)
Thank you!!!! I didn't think it was okay :) Definetly not worth risking it!!

No! It looks like you are making progress :carrot::carrot:and have been at it more than a week now.....(Sometimes the rules get bent that first week....).....so keep on truckin'!!!:dancer::dancer: ...The end result is worth it!.. Try the fruity herb teas...A fav of mine was the mixed berry tea assortment from Biegelow. Make it strong (2 tea bags even) and you can even blender it with ice, and sprinkle a touch of splenda or stevia. Gives you that fruit taste...and it's a "safe" between meal filler!

shrinkingsusie 05-08-2014 10:00 AM

Lisa, I made your zucchini muffin recipe last night and just had one for breakfast...Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Hope all is well with everyone. I am excited to be starting my second leg of phase 1 in a week and a half, and hoping my mini phase off was enough to get past my plateau.

SylviesGirl 05-08-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 5000357)
No! It looks like you are making progress :carrot::carrot:and have been at it more than a week now.....(Sometimes the rules get bent that first week....).....so keep on truckin'!!!:dancer::dancer: ...The end result is worth it!.. Try the fruity herb teas...A fav of mine was the mixed berry tea assortment from Biegelow. Make it strong (2 tea bags even) and you can even blender it with ice, and sprinkle a touch of splenda or stevia. Gives you that fruit taste...and it's a "safe" between meal filler!

LOVE this idea, 65! Yum. Thanks!

65X65 05-08-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylviesGirl (Post 5000448)
LOVE this idea, 65! Yum. Thanks!

GOOD!

Yeah...last summer this was all getting old...!!!

But I was getting SOOO close...SOOO slowly....and invented this trick...and it did help ...{me anyway!} Didn't use it over the winter...but making it stronger hot helped me. I'm not so much the tea drinker. And do prefer it stronger.