Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #226  

Height: 5 '6

Slip, waited sooo long before I got new underwear! It was billowing out the top of my pants and almost falling off before I finally got around to getting new ones! LOL! It was actually kind of funny!

Kooky, I've rarely had problems with the big 'C' but I feel your pain!

want2b, I haven't been 145 since I was in my twenties either! My goal is 150 but I wouldn't mind seeing 149 before I phase off... just because!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Slip- Yup, after literally having my panties in a bunch because they were too big, I've started buying new underwear! I'm not sure why I was so reluctant to buy smaller ones, but finally it had gotten ridiculous, so I ordered some mediums from VS online and they fit!

I didn't get to do my bra shopping yesterday, so I'll probably pick up some underwear to go with my new bras today. I'm a little reluctant to buy bras or other clothing during TOM, but I don't think the difference will really matter. The scale said 170 this morning, so I'm actually down since my Weds WI. I hope I can finally break into the 160's this week. I think I can...positive thoughts!

Last edited by KookySuki; 05-26-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

So funny about the underwear! It was fine for a while, because of the stretch. I even said that to my Mom. Her response was, "Are you sure?" That should have been my hint, lol! But now, I am with Hiker, it is moving all around! I think I am heading for 32 dd, so I do not want to buy any more bras until I am done with the phases. The bras that I bought 1.5 months ago are already too big. I will have to head to Marshall's to stock up on bottoms.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #229  

"Are you sure?"...so funny! I'm really interested to see what bra size I am now because I bought the last ones in January and those were a 40DDD. They have a foam lining and I knew I needed to replace them immediately when I could see in indent in the bra from outside of my clothing. I didn't go out of the house like that, but now only have two bras that sort of fit, but they have some room in them too. I don't want to resort to "stuffing," so I need to get myself back to Soma to be refitted and buy some new bras.

I just don't feel well right now with TOM...brutal cramps and I'm freezing! I'm sitting with my heating pad right now and a hot cup of coffee to warm me up.

Back to the clothes topic, isn't it crazy how it seems like all of the sudden everything (including pajamas and sweats) are falling off because they're so big?! It's a great sign of progress, but it is expensive replacing all of these articles of clothing. Good thing I just sold a bunch of my stuff on eBay. I reluctantly let go of some of my favorite shirts I'd bought at Anthropologie around Christmas that are way too big and don't look flattering on me anymore. Someone bought them right away. $$ Yay!!!
Old 05-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hey All! So random stuff

So mad at myself went to 2 brunches in 1 weekend. Had one this AM and I pigged out to the point I was sick. I have not done that in along time. I had foods I have not eaten in probably over a year. I just got excited by food. Even as I was eating I knew it was wrong. I was eating as if it was the end of the world. Just wanted to eat real food. I feel better now but shows I am and probably always will be a food addict. I just wish I had a "normal" body and could handle food. Just so bummed.

I just wanted to vented to myself. On the other hand we went to a touristy area yesterday called National Harbor in MD and went to Life is Good store _ love their shirts and bought 3 of them. Some guy shirts in XL and ladies in XXL. Excited to do that!

On the clothes front. Need to by new bras but I need a bra fitting because who knows what I am. I also don't like to wear wire but maybe I should??

I gave a lot of my bigger clothes to a new consignment place so I am excited to see if I will get some $$$ out of it. I have a lot more stuff for them but they are backed up right now. Also I returned all my Lands End clothes that I had tags or receipts for and they credited my cc $161!!! They are like Kohls and will take back any clothes at anytime guaranteed. Most of the stuff I did not wear some I wore maybe once.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #231  

Thank goodness for the drawstrings in pj bottoms . I am in the midst of TOM but have been lucky this month with cramps. I have had a headache for most of the weekend though. The weather here has been weird this weekend, today was supposed to be really warm- nope! I am cold right now.

Still need to do another wave of closet purge when school gets out. Just do not have the ambition to do it now.

I am taking today off, no chores at all. Sitting around, reading and posting. Heading to my brother's later. I am tired after all the yard work this weekend.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #232  

Luccilove- sorry for your struggle. Does it go deeper than just wanting the food? I say this because you said that you felt bad even while eating it. For me, I need to look at what I am using food for- comfort, stress release, medicine,....
Old 05-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #233  

Lucci- I'm sorry you're having a tough time with food right now. Are you feeling discouraged or stressed right now? When I have issues with wanting to overeat, I try to think about why I'm feeling the desire to binge. A lot of the time it's frustration at things I feel I can't control or anger. I'm still a work in progress at dealing with my emotions, but I haven't been turning to food because I realized it never addresses the underlying issues that led to the binge and then I feel physically sick from overeating and also guilty.

Maybe you could take some time to think about what might be bothering or frustrating you. I don't think anyone has to be an emotional eater for life because we can control whether we binge. It just takes a lot of work and you might feel sound pretty raw emotions when you don't use found to calm or distract yourself. I've struggled with this too and it is not easy. I hope you find some peace with these struggles and what might be bothering you.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #234  

Lucci, I read a blog called "Runs For Cookies.com" and she tracks how many binge free days she has... sometimes she almost makes it a year and then she has her tough days... That being said she has maintained her 125 pound weight loss for four yrs now... (I think four years??) She just keeps trying and getting back on track... I like reading her because she is honest about how she is doing and it makes me realize that what I put in my mouth will always be a challenge and I will always have to pay attention! I've been there... beating myself up never accomplished anything.. just get back on the horse and move forward....
Old 05-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Great NSV about the thighs. I carry my weight in my lower half. I am 5' 2.5inches and I am wearing a large or Xlarge top and size 12 pants. So I am sure that when I get to goal I will not look like skeltor! Nobody wants that. Underwear was the first thing I had to purchase. LOL Now I am getting to the point where I need smaller ones again.

Hiker: I didn't know your coach was 14 hours away, that must be hard. But great that you get to see her and she will be shocked at how you look. Where do you live? Have fun on the island, it should be good weather this time of year.

Kooky: Fingers crossed and positive thoughts for a whoosh this week. New numbers are always exciting. I have refused to buy pajamas until I am at goal, (silly I know) so I only have 2 sets left that stay on. LOL. It is going to be expensive when I get to goal but sooo worth it. And I won't need to buy everything at once so that should help spread the cost out a little.

Lucci: So sorry you had a bad weekend. I will probably always be a food addict as well. This is a never ending process for me. What is done, is done. Dust yourself off and move on. Don't dwell on it, learn from it. Think about what you could have done differently. Could you have brought your own food? Ate before you went?

I just bought a new bra a couple of weeks ago and can't believe the difference it made. I didn't think my other one was THAT much too big, but I guess it was.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Had to laugh, re: jammies...
Just wear the XL festival volunteer T-shirts & socks to bed, lol. Fits any size - I haven't bought new jammies as you can tell... One night its off to Auckland, another night it's Nakusp, or Vancouver.

Liana
Old 05-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #237  

Canadjineh, I am too cold for just a t-shirt and socks. I am still wearing fleece pjs in CT. IP has changed my thermostat., lol.

Want2b, if I could choose where the next 5 pounds would come from- it would be thighs. But we can not spot lose and I am wearing a small or medium top and dress pants in 10, some 8s. I have gone from a 38 ddd to a 32 dd. The negative would be the skin under my arms and the girls, ugh!!! Hopefully it will rebound a little.

Fun time visiting with my family. No problem staying on plan. I am hungrier on phase 2 though. Tea and I have become best buds at night

Last edited by Slipfree; 05-26-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #238  

Height: 5'2

Hiya everyone!

Just a quick hello. I started the Couch to 5k program last night. Wish me luck!

Steph
Old 05-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #239  

Good for you Steph!! Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #240  

Hi Steph! Can you do me a favor- I started a Life after Phase 1 thread. Could you go post your favorite phase 3 breakfasts? Trying to come up with a plan for the next step. Couch to 5K, good for you!! Good luck, but I am sure that you do not need it. Miss you

Hiker- I love the Runs for Cookies blog. I think I might order her kitchen safe on her favorite things list. I do love something sweet and having it locked up except for 1 time/ day might work for maintenance.
Closed Thread