Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Lucci: Sorry you are struggling. I think Slip is right, we(or at least I) have gotten slack about IP. We need to get back on track and be strict with ourselves, just like we were in Oct. How was the WI?

Slip: Glad your nephew came up with another ticket. Enjoy.

Jig: You do have a super busy summer planned.

I recommitted to being strict with myself, and so far so good. I am planning meals for camping this weekend, healthy and on plan. Hopefully the friends we are going with will keep their junk food away from me. LOL. They know I am losing weight and not at goal yet and they don't usually pressure me to have junk when we are with them so that is good. Hope everyone that is struggling gets a motivational boost soon. You are worth it, get back on track. One meal, one day at a time.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

Jig, sounds like a fun summer! I love traveling. So much to see in this beautiful world.

Want2b, I have been pretty good, but the scale she is not budging. My size 10 Levi's are almost falling off me, so I know that it is water weight. It will have to go soon, praying for that fairy to visit. I think that your plan for staying OP over the weekend is awesome! I have checked out the restaurant for tomorrow night, I will be eating steak and salad. Phase 2 starts on Sat. Eggs for breakfast and a reg. dinner when we get back home.

Kooky, how are you doing?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

JIG--Sounds like you are going to have a great summer. ENJOY it!

You guys are right we need to get back on track. I told my coach today that for at least the first 3 months when I started IP I was super strict. I think it is I am just getting sick of P1. I gained .6 lbs. Time to get back on track.

Slipfree--Keep us posted on how Saturday is for u food wise and your thoughts. We are all curious.

My coach told me that 1 of the soy nuts is now going to be unrestricted that is why they took them off the market.

That is all for now getting ready for the thunderstorms here.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #124  

Okay, time to be honest. I am dreading the two weeks of Phase 2. I like my packets and my least favorite part of my food is the real protein. I will do fine because I am a rule follower, but I am not looking forward to it at all.

IP needs to come up with an unrestricted bar!!!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree--I understand that. It is easy most of the time not to think about most of your food or meals during the day. It will a new experience for you...but you deserve the next step. P1 was scary for all of us since it was the unknown--so this will be similar and in a couple of days you will get it.

Was talking to my coach about that. He has told regional and corporate to make like 3 unrestricted bars since they are doing it to other products. He has gotten no response.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone! I've been reading your posts for the past few days, but haven't been contributing. It sounds like we're all getting some IP fatigue, bit also mixed with motivation to see this through. I am more on the motivated side now with the occasional IP fatigue when I think about certain social events coming up.

I'm really glad to have an end in sight. I've promised myself to do everything possible to phase off the beginning of July for my vacation in August. I'd like to be very close to my goal by then, but I'm not going to get too hung up on the 140 number. At my current pace, I will be in the 150's around the time I plan to phase off. I think I might be happy with that number to begin P2. My coach and doctor are on board with this plan too and will be good supporters and motivators. My doctor thinks P2 would be a good time for me to start working out with a trainer since I'll be eating enough food to handle more intense exercise.

I had a nice WI this week -2.6 lbs which was extra special to me because I had company for an entire week and stayed 100% OP.

As a whole, I feel the same as the group, ready to move on to the latter parts of IP and a little bored with P1, BUT I have reinvigorated my enthusiasm to complete the program and be 100% OP. I haven't cheated in over a month, so cravings are gone and mood/energy is better with a more prolonged ketosis.

I'm happy that we're all still working towards our goals and supporting each other.

Slipfree- I'm not looking forward to the meals in P2 either. The thought of eating 1 pound of meat a day grosses me out, but I will do it when the time comes. I love the easiness of the packets and RTDs, and think I'll miss the convenience of them when I move on from P1. I'm sure they're not as filling when you're not in ketosis.

Last edited by KookySuki; 05-15-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #127  

Kooky,

Glad that you have your IP OP groove on! I am determined to do this right, but would like the scale to show me a little love SOON!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kooky,

Glad that you have your IP OP groove on! I am determined to do this right, but would like the scale to show me a little love SOON!
Thanks...me too! It took awhile and I had to deal with some things in my life to get to this point, but I'm in the zone now.

If your pants are falling off, I bet you're still losing. My coach said a lot of clients continue to lose while they phase off.

Last edited by KookySuki; 05-16-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:27 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Unfortunately the water weight will go in it's own time, not when you want it to. Hang in there, I am sure it will go soon. I think moving on to a new phase is scary, but trust the plan, it does work. The only advice I have for P2 is plan your meals. I usually cook enough protein for a 3-4 meals so I don't feel like I am always cooking, it is easy to throw together some veggies when you get home from work. And remember it is only 2 weeks, you can do it.
Lucci: .6 is nothing. Recommit 100% and we will be at goal in no time. Focus, focus, focus.
Kooky: if you are going to phase off in July that will be here before you know it. That is exciting! Have you thought much about the next phases and maintaining? I have been reading some things about maintenence, just trying to mentally prepare.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Slip: Unfortunately the water weight will go in it's own time, not when you want it to. Hang in there, I am sure it will go soon. I think moving on to a new phase is scary, but trust the plan, it does work. The only advice I have for P2 is plan your meals. I usually cook enough protein for a 3-4 meals so I don't feel like I am always cooking, it is easy to throw together some veggies when you get home from work. And remember it is only 2 weeks, you can do it.
Lucci: .6 is nothing. Recommit 100% and we will be at goal in no time. Focus, focus, focus.
Kooky: if you are going to phase off in July that will be here before you know it. That is exciting! Have you thought much about the next phases and maintaining? I have been reading some things about maintenence, just trying to mentally prepare.
I have been thinking a lot about maintenance and how it will look for me as far as my meals go. I think it would help if I start re-reading the materials for it and thinking about the foods I would eat on a typical day. Reading the maintainers board might help too. I've still got 3 months to learn, so I'm hoping to understand it well by the time I'm actually on it.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #131  

Good morning everyone,

Want2b, my body is really sodium sensitive particularly during pms and TOM. I had two roasted peppers from a jar twice, both times- up a pound the next day. It does not help, that I am having major issues with C. that alone is a reason to rejoice about the Phase off.

I have begun to think about this -as nothing is final. Including the scale goal weight. Many maintainers talk about a range. Seems like the IP protocol is very fluid. While phasing off correctly is vital, returning to Phase 1 is part of reg. life in maintenance. I find the set up of phase 4 a bit overwhelming. I have been reading the maintainers board and searching for info on the web. I am lucky that my clinic has a class in June on Maintaining. I will share everything that they tell me.

All of you are right, adjusting to Phase 1 was hard. We will adjust.

Steph, how are you doing in Phase 4?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Good morning everyone,

Want2b, my body is really sodium sensitive particularly during pms and TOM. I had two roasted peppers from a jar twice, both times- up a pound the next day. It does not help, that I am having major issues with C. that alone is a reason to rejoice about the Phase off.

I have begun to think about this -as nothing is final. Including the scale goal weight. Many maintainers talk about a range. Seems like the IP protocol is very fluid. While phasing off correctly is vital, returning to Phase 1 is part of reg. life in maintenance. I find the set up of phase 4 a bit overwhelming. I have been reading the maintainers board and searching for info on the web. I am lucky that my clinic has a class in June on Maintaining. I will share everything that they tell me.

All of you are right, adjusting to Phase 1 was hard. We will adjust.

Steph, how are you doing in Phase 4?
I am finding I'm sodium sensitive too which sucks because I love the crisps, but it seems like I retain water every time I eat them. Also, can't have soy sauce within a few days of WI or it messes with my weight. I guess it could be worse, but it's a pain. I'm puffy today from having crisps yesterday.

Have fun this weekend at the graduation and I hope the weather cooperates!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #133  

It is going to rain the whole weekend I am enjoying a relaxing morning. Really need to get ready, since they will be here in an hour! It will be fun. Wonderful occasion! Every one of my parent's children and now their grandchildren will have college degrees. It is wonderful that they have passed on the value of education and a strong work ethic. And none of us have been burdened with loans! Quite a sacrifice by our respective parents. Proud day
Old 05-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #134  

Height: 5'2

Hi friends, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been checking in but life has been very busy.

Phase 4 is still challenging. I am trying to follow a low carb diet most days. It seems there are never ending "special occasions" popping up. Such is life. I am carrying a few more pounds than I would like but I've also upped my activity quite a bit so it could just be water.

I'm off to Vancouver today for the long weekend. The ladies I will be with follow a similar way of eating so hopefully it's not too crazy.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey all.. At work right now, but I will be posting later. I miss everyone!! Things here have been frustrating/annoying. I'm sorry that I kinda fell off the radar.
Closed Thread