Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

coolou, jenny and evemomma - let me jump on the social work train! I am a social worker as well and work in child protection. I work with children and youth who are foster care.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Yesterday I saw someone I haven't seen in months and she said I looked great and what was I doing. I said lean protein and lots of veggies. She was eating some carmel corn and asked if I'd like some. I said I don't eat that. I can't believe that came out of my mouth and not that I can't eat that. NSV for me. Woo hoo.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #63  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Quick question for those who use Maple Grove Sugar Free pancake mix - where do you buy it?
I buy it at Martin's, which also has stores in PA called Giant. Also check their website "Where to buy" section at http://www.maplegrove.com/content_wtb.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
We women are TERRIBLE at putting ourselves first! It got worse for me once I had kids, too. I was taking care of my clients, my kids, my hubby...but DEFINITELY not myself. I was trying to "quick fix" myself with frappucinos, brownies and French fries.

My mood has been amazing since getting rid of all sugar. I didn't even have the sugar withdrawals I always heard so much about! I shudder to think how sick I have made myself. Blech.
I agree on the mood improvement. I feel my mood is overall better, and even those emotional, moody PMS symptoms are not as bad (although other TOM issues are worse!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
Yesterday I saw someone I haven't seen in months and she said I looked great and what was I doing. I said lean protein and lots of veggies. She was eating some carmel corn and asked if I'd like some. I said I don't eat that. I can't believe that came out of my mouth and not that I can't eat that. NSV for me. Woo hoo.
Excellent!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #64  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I agree, my mood has been great since I started as well. I've actually noticed that TOM doesn't give me as much pain too. I used to take medication religiously while on it but this week I've only taken one Aleve! Thank God because I don't have benefits right now to fill my prescription.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Quick question for those who use Maple Grove Sugar Free pancake mix - where do you buy it?

I have found it online, but I'd like to avoid shipping charges. I have heard some of you mention buying it at the grocery store... where are you shopping? I have checked my local Publix, Super Walmart, and Super Target, and they don't carry it. (I checked in the natural baking products, and also with the conventional pancake mixes.) I checked the local health food store, and they didn't carry it either.

It could just be these stores in particular, so I'm going to check a few other locations while I'm out and about. I find it hard to believe that it isn't available in the entire area.

Thanks for your help!
I buy it at my local grocery store chain Shop Rite (and Stop and Shop). I find it in a special section of "healthy" type baking products with whole wheat mixes, gluten free baking mixes. It is somewhat near the Bob's Red Mill products, and in my store happens to be across from the syrups.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #66  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Hey everyone!
I was hoping to get your opinions on something. For the past week I've been hungry more. I've been eatting all of my required foods and water. I don't believe my activity level has increased so I'm wondering why the hunger? I have chosen to have a additional unrestricted item rather then something off of plan, but still it's more than what you "should" eat on Phase I (alternatives).
The other night I'm saying my prayers and making a mental decision to elminiate this additional item but, the scale has gone down 4 lbs and I still have two days to go before my weekly weigh in! How would you analyze that? I normally have 2-3lb losses a week. Is this just a fluke and I should elminate the extra unrestricted item or do you think the extra protein, calories, carbohydrates are helping?

I want to remain sucessful and meet my goal. I've come a long way, this means alot to me. Please let me know what you think, I woud appreciate it.
The scale and how you feel needs to be your guide. Are you still hungry now that you have added the extra package? Starving yourself doesn't help. I'd say go with it until you get a sign that it isn't working anymore. And maybe I should try it! I usually only lose 2 pounds too.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #67  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
coolou, jenny and evemomma - let me jump on the social work train! I am a social worker as well and work in child protection. I work with children and youth who are foster care.
I'm jumping on the train too! I'm not a social worker, my background is in psychology, but I work with transitional aged youth in foster care here in MD.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #68  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

5th weigh in tonight..down 2 lbs. Lean mass loss was minimal but my coach still thinks it's a big deal.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

There seems to be several of us on here who are in the "social work" field hmmmm lol I know personally the crazy hours and stress has often caused me to make poor nutritional choices. Now I keep IP products everywhere so if I need them they are available. I had my 3rd week weigh in today and down 3.6lbs for a total of 13 lbs!

Last edited by cooluu; 04-29-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #70  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Help off track!

I'm not sure what happened this week, I had my week 11 weigh in this Saturday with a 3 lb loss then we had a friend in from out of town and I lost it. Booze, food, you name it. Now it is Tuesday and I still can't get back on track. I am working off site this week so I've been going out to lunch everyday.

What do you do to get back on track? I'm already up 5 lbs (hopefully water weight) I don't want to lose all that I have gained on IP but I can't seem to find my way back!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Are we allowed to have edamame?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
My fulltime job is as a Family Advocate for Head Start which I truly enjoy. I also have a part time job as a crisis counselor through our local emergency rooms counseling services. I believe I would like to do counseling for children/teenagers. I'm still "undecided" at this point though. What do you do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
I'm jumping on the train too! I'm not a social worker, my background is in psychology, but I work with transitional aged youth in foster care here in MD.
Love that we are all working in the field of mental health and with kids. I work as a child and family therapist in a hospital outpatient program for youth 18 and under with mostly axis 1 diagnoses, anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, etc. I have talked with clients, when appropriate, about my own disordered eating history as they are working on their own eating/ not eating issues. I have food that my own mood has improved as I got more control over eating and let it have less control of me.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:47 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Are we allowed to have edamame?
It is not on the sheet of approved veggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
I'm not sure what happened this week, I had my week 11 weigh in this Saturday with a 3 lb loss then we had a friend in from out of town and I lost it. Booze, food, you name it. Now it is Tuesday and I still can't get back on track. I am working off site this week so I've been going out to lunch everyday.

What do you do to get back on track? I'm already up 5 lbs (hopefully water weight) I don't want to lose all that I have gained on IP but I can't seem to find my way back!!!
Don't give up! You can do this, take it one day at a time and plan your meals. Bring your IP lunch with you to the restaurant and then have IP approved veggies. If you can do three straight days you will feel better. Just focus on getting back on track and taking off what you gained this week. Good luck and you deserve to be healthy.

Colour and dcs- great loses
Old 04-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #74  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post

The important thing is you are identifying you need help. It wasn't easy to start IP in the first place but look where it got you! You just need to jump back in. Get back to basics,tomorrow is another day and you will make it a 100% OP day!

Is it possible for you to talk to who was there for this fall and ask for their support in not letting you make the mistake again? I know we are grown ups and make our own choices, but if even one person could encourage you to stay on plan it might be enough.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:19 AM   #75  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

gnalosit: The end of this diet allows for a fun day and then back on track. Just think of it as you were "checking that out". You had your fun day (which morphed a bit longer) but get back on track. The weight will come back super fast if you don't phase off properly -- voice of experience talking here.
Closed Thread