Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
I just got back from having my picture taken to be put in the newspaper and I'm dreading it coming out! I'm going back to school for my masters in social work and was awarded a scholarship from a local sorority. I'm happy to have the $500 but not for the newspaper on Thursday.
Congratulations on the scholarship! Don't fret-You look great! We all need before and during pictures and hate to take them!
Old 04-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone..Hope you all had a great weekend. I was able to attend 2 parties this weekend and stay 100% OP!! The only real challenge
was not having alcohol when every one else is drinking, but I did it! This is the first time ever that I have not had horrible cravings while dieting. It is so easy I am worried I am not doing it correctly. I feel so much better than I did before I started the program. I have so much energy. I can already tell a difference in how my pants fit. WOW I am amazed! Have a wonderful week!
Old 04-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #18  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Has anyone tried the tea that IP sells? If so, what do you think about it?
Old 04-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Hope it's a great day for all of you having weigh ins today!! I had mine and am down 7lbs this week!!! So thrilled!!

mainemum, islandgirlwannabe and NaeNae2113 - way to go on keeping OP during your get togethers / parties!!!

cooluu - congrats to you on your scholarship!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!

mckaren4 - congrats on the wedding and new addition to your family!!
Old 04-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Default Evening munchies

So this is a long term issue of mine - pre-dates my stint with IP a looonngg way and it is something that I am trying to work through with my therapist. Even with a satiating dinner, I still experience evening munchies. In trying to contemplate the "why" of the equation, I know that fatigue, frustration, and a desire to pamper myself are part of the emotions I feel. I cannot just get up and go to bed, because quite often I am working on homework after spending 8 - 10 hours in the office.

So, I'm just curious about anyone who has similar grazing urges and their "why" and how they work with it.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

So happy with my WI today!!! Biggest loss yet of 5+ pounds (though last week was my smallest loss). I have learned to appreciate the NSVs, but seeing my weight bump down numbers on the scale always gives me a boost
Old 04-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #22  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
So this is a long term issue of mine - pre-dates my stint with IP a looonngg way and it is something that I am trying to work through with my therapist. Even with a satiating dinner, I still experience evening munchies. In trying to contemplate the "why" of the equation, I know that fatigue, frustration, and a desire to pamper myself are part of the emotions I feel. I cannot just get up and go to bed, because quite often I am working on homework after spending 8 - 10 hours in the office.

So, I'm just curious about anyone who has similar grazing urges and their "why" and how they work with it.

Thanks
I am interested to see the other responses. I also have this problem. My day starts very early, and my "work" isn't done until late. I start cooking breakfast at 5:20am, and I am often grading my kid's school work or doing laundry straight up to 9pm. At 9, I settle in and start to watch tv with my husband, and then my "munchies" hit. First, I want something salty, then I want something sweet. I'm not hungry. I just want something out of habit. My brain says "you're tired, you deserve some chips and a few cookies."

I am only a week+ on plan, but I think I've gotten around my cravings by changing the habit. When it is tv time, it it time for a frosty treat, vitamins, and a big water. I make my last IP packet into an icy shake, and sit for tv. I try to make it last for the entire episode. When the shake is done, I get another glass of water, and make it last as long as I can. By then, it is bedtime.

On the one night that I knew we would be up late watching a movie, I saved 1C of my veggies from lunch, and had a cup of sliced cucumbers and celery with sea salt to fill the salty/crunchy craving, and then made my shake as usual.

Could you move some of your veggies to later in the day? Or make a snack out of salad? Or choose an evening IP packet that comes in bits that can be split up, i.e. 1/2 packet now, 1/2 packet in an hour?

I'm eager to see what the other suggestions are!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #23  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
I am interested to see the other responses. I also have this problem. My day starts very early, and my "work" isn't done until late. I start cooking breakfast at 5:20am, and I am often grading my kid's school work or doing laundry straight up to 9pm. At 9, I settle in and start to watch tv with my husband, and then my "munchies" hit. First, I want something salty, then I want something sweet. I'm not hungry. I just want something out of habit. My brain says "you're tired, you deserve some chips and a few cookies."

I am only a week+ on plan, but I think I've gotten around my cravings by changing the habit. When it is tv time, it it time for a frosty treat, vitamins, and a big water. I make my last IP packet into an icy shake, and sit for tv. I try to make it last for the entire episode. When the shake is done, I get another glass of water, and make it last as long as I can. By then, it is bedtime.

On the one night that I knew we would be up late watching a movie, I saved 1C of my veggies from lunch, and had a cup of sliced cucumbers and celery with sea salt to fill the salty/crunchy craving, and then made my shake as usual.

Could you move some of your veggies to later in the day? Or make a snack out of salad? Or choose an evening IP packet that comes in bits that can be split up, i.e. 1/2 packet now, 1/2 packet in an hour?

I had this issue too. Pickles work great (not too many!) along with a nice big cup of decaf herbal tea. Teas come in a variety of flavors so you should be able to find something 0/0/0 that will appeal to you.

I really think it's just a habit that we have to learn to break. It takes time to break a habit but realizing that it's not really hunger is a great start, the more aware of we are about "why" we want something the better prepared we are to learn to deal with not eating just because we want to.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I had this issue too. Pickles work great (not too many!) along with a nice big cup of decaf herbal tea. Teas come in a variety of flavors so you should be able to find something 0/0/0 that will appeal to you.

I really think it's just a habit that we have to learn to break. It takes time to break a habit but realizing that it's not really hunger is a great start, the more aware of we are about "why" we want something the better prepared we are to learn to deal with not eating just because we want to.
Munchies are my on-going issue! At work and at home, I face this challenge. I think it's something we will forever be challenged with, as it is such a cultural norm. I love to make tea and have pickles as well. I like to chew on crushed ice too! Then I get cold, make a hot tea...the cycle continues!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #25  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post

Suggestion for something salty - kale chips!

On another note, I did hypnosis for weight loss about 15 years ago. I actually went because I would not eat veggies and I thought they could put me in some sort of hypnotic state to eat them! Well that did not work, but one of the "suggestions" was to stop snacking at night and surprisingly that one has always stuck. They also tried to suggest water but diet Pepsi still won out!

IP has been the only program to make me introduce veggies successfully because I didn't have any other choice. And no more pop! I still have to force myself to have my third pack at night.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #26  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

help, please!!!
Has anyone heard of IP not working? My husband lost 0 last week and when he did ketostix this morning he is barely registering.

Typical day
B: IP peach mango, black coffee
L: RTD premier protein, salad with 2 cups mixed cucumber and peppers with homemade Asian dressing including 1 tsp EVOO
S: IP crisps
D: 8 oz chicken, grilled with 1 cup mushrooms, 1 cup broccoli
S: pure protein chocolate peanut butter bar

He's been pretty good with supplements and drinking his water and adding his salt.

He is following things just like me, except I don't eat the bars very often and he was putting Mio in his water pretty regularly. I use stevia in my tea a couple times a day without a problem.

I can't believe mio would make a difference and if it does there is no way he will stick to the diet that will be that sensitive. He has been weak and starving all week

He is 300 pounds. Is it maybe because he is only having 4 packets instead of 5? I really want him to give me another week but I can't say I would have stayed on this if my first week wasn't so inspiring.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #27  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Okay so I asked my coach today about the bbq, S&V, and garlic and herb crisps today and he said they are absolutely a restricted.. Then I had my body analysis done, I think something isn't right with that machine or the inaccuracy in general of course. Last week my lean mass was up and this week it was weigh down and I only lost a lb of fat out of the 3 lost. He wants to know what I'm doing that's not OP but like I told him I'm 100%, so he thinks it's my body getting use to the plan.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #28  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay so I asked my coach today about the bbq, S&V, and garlic and herb crisps today and he said they are absolutely a restricted.. Then I had my body analysis done, I think something isn't right with that machine or the inaccuracy in general of course. Last week my lean mass was up and this week it was weigh down and I only lost a lb of fat out of the 3 lost. He wants to know what I'm doing that's not OP but like I told him I'm 100%, so he thinks it's my body getting use to the plan.
The crisps are definitely not restricted..I think your coach is mistaken..either that or my coach and many of the people on this site are!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
The crisps are definitely not restricted..I think your coach is mistaken..either that or my coach and many of the people on this site are!
We had the SAME. debate when they first came out... Most coaches aid unrestricted but some were ABSOLUTELY adamant that they are restricted. Thing is, the nutrition info puts them in unrestricted (I looked up the salt/vinegar ones and they fit!)

Last edited by JLUS; 04-28-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
help, please!!!
Has anyone heard of IP not working? My husband lost 0 last week and when he did ketostix this morning he is barely registering.

Typical day
B: IP peach mango, black coffee
L: RTD premier protein, salad with 2 cups mixed cucumber and peppers with homemade Asian dressing including 1 tsp EVOO
S: IP crisps
D: 8 oz chicken, grilled with 1 cup mushrooms, 1 cup broccoli
S: pure protein chocolate peanut butter bar

He's been pretty good with supplements and drinking his water and adding his salt.

He is following things just like me, except I don't eat the bars very often and he was putting Mio in his water pretty regularly. I use stevia in my tea a couple times a day without a problem.

I can't believe mio would make a difference and if it does there is no way he will stick to the diet that will be that sensitive. He has been weak and starving all week

He is 300 pounds. Is it maybe because he is only having 4 packets instead of 5? I really want him to give me another week but I can't say I would have stayed on this if my first week wasn't so inspiring.
I think it would be almost impossible for him to eat similar to the sample plan for a week and not lose! Even if he needs the fifth packet, I do not think his body would start holding on to fat that soon!! Mio, too little water... I just can't imagine those would give him 0 loss in a week!

I know you send his food with him and he eats the plan, but is it possible he is adding other things in as well? (Not trying to be mean and distrustful... But something besides IP is keeping him from losing.)
Closed Thread