3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 4/26 - Sun 4/27/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295207-ip-weekend-chat-sat-4-26-sun-4-27-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 04-26-2014 06:02 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat 4/26 - Sun 4/27/2014

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

mainemum 04-26-2014 06:26 AM

Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday! :broc:

We have a busy day planned. Volunteering with my boys, Target, grocery store, Sam's Club, yard work. Somehow I am out of romaine lettuce, so Sam's is a priority! (Six huge heads for $3, so I only buy it there :D )

What's everyone up to today?

doxigirl 04-26-2014 06:50 AM

Pressure Cooker

I'm thinking about buying a pressure cooker. Although the cookers can cook many things, I will probably cook mainly meat and veggies.
Internet reviews have led me to the Instant Pot IP DU060 or LUX60. Does anyone have one of these or any other pressure cooker they love to use?

Ruth Ann 04-26-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainemum (Post 4992061)
Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday! :broc:

We have a busy day planned. Volunteering with my boys, Target, grocery store, Sam's Club, yard work. Somehow I am out of romaine lettuce, so Sam's is a priority! (Six huge heads for $3, so I only buy it there :D )

What's everyone up to today?

Funny what becomes a priority, isn't it? I ran out of zucchini the other day - you would have thought it was the end of the world!

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxigirl (Post 4992068)
I'm thinking about buying a pressure cooker. Although the cookers can cook many things, I will probably cook mainly meat and veggies.
Internet reviews have led me to the Instant Pot IP DU060 or LUX60. Does anyone have one of these or any other pressure cooker they love to use?

I love my pressure cooker but I have no clue what brand it is - it was my mom's and she died 20 years ago, which tells you how old it is!

Sully1961 04-26-2014 07:06 AM

Feeling successful

Third weigh in this week and I am down another 3 lbs for a total loss of 9 lbs. Amazed at how effective IP is when you are "all in". I am fully committed to staying the course and hope to reach my goal of a 50 lb. weight loss by the end of the summer - if not before that. I love hearing other people's success stories and sharing the recipes. It is really motivating.
Tonight is our first "gala" type event since I started and I know I will be surrounded by an abundance of food and drink. Will pack a protein bar in my bag ( just in case) and stick to the protein stations. I am assuming I can drink seltzer and lime or lemon as a cocktail?
wish me luck.

mainemum 04-26-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully1961 (Post 4992074)
Third weigh in this week and I am down another 3 lbs for a total loss of 9 lbs.

That's great! You are doing an awesome job. :dancer:

mainemum 04-26-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4992069)
Funny what becomes a priority, isn't it? I ran out of zucchini the other day - you would have thought it was the end of the world!

I know! I panicked yesterday when I thought I had left my chicken at the grocery store bagging station. Couldn't find it anywhere. What am I going to EAT??? Turns out a 'helpful' kid had put it in the freezer. Crisis avoided! :D

lisa32989 04-26-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully1961 (Post 4992074)
Tonight is our first "gala" type event since I started and I know I will be surrounded by an abundance of food and drink. Will pack a protein bar in my bag ( just in case) and stick to the protein stations. I am assuming I can drink seltzer and lime or lemon as a cocktail?
wish me luck.

Some coaches say no bubbles. Seltzer has been fine for me. The thing to stay away from is any carbonation that includes phosphoric acid

walkernjh 04-26-2014 07:53 AM

Today is my first day on the program where I won't be in my structured environment. My Mom had a stroke in September and is still paralyzed on the right hand side. I go and help my Dad on the weekends and today is shower day for Mom and a day to let my Dad get out of the house and do something for himself. In the past when I have been there and my Dad has made lunch I have turned it down. He thinks I don't like his cooking when I do that. I am ready this time and will just tell him I am not hungry. In a few weeks when they notice the weight loss it will be easier to explain it to him. (he's 83 and skinny as a rail - so he doesn't get the dieting stuff). I'm going to flip flop my meals and just have a premade drink while I am there and have some foods in the car.

I was doing well with my weight loss prior to my Mom's stroke. Since September 6th (day of stroke) I have gained over 40 #'s. Can you say stress eating and drinking? Feels good to be back in control.

smallerin2014 04-26-2014 08:53 AM

I just watched an IP video about the importance of maintaining muscle mass. I have been on IP for 11 weeks. Of the 30 pounds I have lost, 8 has been muscle. My coach says this is okay and that the ratio will change, but now I am concerned. Just wondering what others' experience has been with proportion of fat vs. muscle loss and if my results are normal.

lisa32989 04-26-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallerin2014 (Post 4992135)
I just watched an IP video about the importance of maintaining muscle mass. I have been on IP for 11 weeks. Of the 30 pounds I have lost, 8 has been muscle. My coach says this is okay and that the ratio will change, but now I am concerned. Just wondering what others' experience has been with proportion of fat vs. muscle loss and if my results are normal.

Those scales estimate lean mass, not just muscle mass. We hear people report this info all the time, especially when they go to a poorly trained coach (there are different levels of coach training in IP).

Lean mass is everything in your body other than fat, including bone, muscle, connective tissue, blood, blood vessels, water, skin, organs, skin, etc.
As we lose fat, our bodies don't need as much skin, as many blood vessels, and we do actually lose some muscle b/c we don't need as much to support the fat.

The best way to preserve muscle is to be sure we're having enough protein and also to do some strenthening exercises (like toning ones). When we add exercise, many of us have gotten advise to add another packet...best to add one of the 80 calorie ones. Exercise slows actual weight loss on the scale but does NOT slow fat loss. We'll just hold onto a little more water, especially at first.

Since our goal should be our health and wellness (how we look and feel) and not an actual number on a scale, those couple of pounds shouldn't make a difference in the big picture.

MellyIP 04-26-2014 09:49 AM

Good Morning Everyone, hope you are having better weather than I am. It's so dreary and rainy, I may just relax with some movie rentals. TOM is here so its definitely needed.

Lisa, I really like your post! I found it very informative :) I have lost a few pounds of muscle but my coach wasn't too concerned and said to make sure I'm getting all of my vegetables and packets in.

I have three weeks until I see my family back home so I've become a little obsessed with the scale, but my boyfriend constantly tells me how much he's noticing and reassuring me that they will be proud too. I'm so happy to have support both at home and through everyone here :)

Allisgirl 04-26-2014 09:55 AM

Good Morning I was on IP and lost 47 pounds 2 pounds away from my goal then I went away for the winter and gained 20 of it back I thought when I came back I would try a different diet but could not stick to it last Thursday I thought this is dumb and went back to IP and so glad I did although I forgot how tired I am the first days but I know I can stick to this because I no I will get results so I am back and am so glad. This time I know I will hit my goal!

MellyIP 04-26-2014 10:06 AM

Allisgirl, great attitude! You're right, you can do this, we all can! :) I too am facing my second try at IP. I was very successful before but did not phase off properly. This time I am in it the for the long haul, and to learn how to eat afterwards! Just keep thinking of the results!

IP43 04-26-2014 11:38 AM

My scale was sttttuttering this morning. It said "222.2"... I think what it was trying to say was "wooot, wooot!!" Week one is working "2" my advantage:carrot: