3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295068-ip-daily-chat.html)

lisa32989 04-23-2014 06:26 AM

IP Daily Chat

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

IP43 04-23-2014 06:34 AM

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" (quote by "smart guy" Newton). It's so great to see the scale going DOWN. It would be awesome if the above scientific principle related to my bank balance going UP at the same time (reflective thought by "wise guy" -- me!) :D
Have a great day everyone!

mainemum 04-23-2014 06:55 AM

Good morning everyone! I thought I'd come back and do some more research before my very busy day begins!

I woke up with a bit of a headache, but I think that is not unusual... I'm on day 4. I had hoped to avoid it by being really diligent with my water/salt/supplements, but here it is! :) I usually treat headaches with Advil and Diet Coke, but today I'm going to try coffee for the caffeine jolt. Hope is has the same effect!

I found a great deal on asparagus yesterday, and I'm excited to use my new shaker bottles today. Focus on the good things, right???

calypso58 04-23-2014 06:58 AM

Happy Hump day everyone! Have a great day!

mainemum 04-23-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4989848)
"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" (quote by "smart guy" Newton). It's so great to see the scale going DOWN.

What a great quote - I love seeing it applied to weight loss. Great way to start the day!

alienoreo 04-23-2014 07:49 AM

Hey everyone. First, I want to thank you all for the wealth of information and support in this forum. I've learned a lot here in the last few days and I'm very encouraged by the friendly tone and candor I've seen.

Today is day 8 (actually 7 as I had my initial weigh-in last Tuesday but started the actual diet on Wednesday) and according to my scale, I'm down 7 lbs. That's pretty exciting, though I've had a headache for the last three days and I'm experiencing a lot of the typical early stage symptoms--dizzy, hot/cold, foggy, and basically a lot less sharp. However, I've only been hungry in the mornings, so that's a real bonus. I've been OP except I started substituting an EAS Advantedge shake for my snack yesterday. I don't know if that makes me non-compliant here, but I'm getting a month of IP in exchange for doing some work for the clinic) and I'm going to need to find reliable alternatives for month 2 and beyond. I can't afford the $400 per month in specialized meal replacements and supplements.

Anyway, I have about 30 pounds till goal and I'm really hoping I will be in at least phase 2 by the time my free month runs out.

Probably my biggest concerns with this diet are hair loss and the saggy/drawn look some people my age (45) seem to experience at least temporarily with rapid weight loss.

One other thing occurred to me as I've been reading through this awesome forum over the last few days. I am going to need to really cut out the restricted foods, especially the bars. I am a carb fiend and only yesterday did I realize that I have to approach this the way I did with quitting drinking (2002) and smoking (2003). I don't think I can dabble in carbs or foods that taste like the stuff I have been eating in excess for years. If I don't successfully reset my mind, I have no doubt that even a small deviance will turn into a long one.

That's not bumming me out or anything. It's just sobering--literally. Having quit literally everything in the world that I previously enjoyed but was really bad for me, I've been hanging onto junk food and bad eating habits for another 11 or 12 years. When I got sober in 2002' I weighed 130. I gained about 10 lbs every year till I hit 190, then made it down to 170, where I've stayed for several years.

So I'm finding that even though I am not hungry, this diet thing is on my mind all day long. I'm looking forward to the day when I only think about it when I'm ready to make a choice about what to eat (because I already know when I will be eating!) my coach has me doing five small meals a day and that's about four more than I'm used to, but I find it much easier to be on a schedule than to just eat when I'm hungry, because I can convince myself I'm hungry anytime!

Ruth Ann 04-23-2014 08:10 AM

Hi alienoreo - Wow - you've put a lot of thought into doing IP and your relationship with food, good for you! Sounds like you are a strong person to overcome your other battles, which bodes well for success on IP.

On your headache, try putting some salt on your hand and licking it off and then drink a big glass of water. That helped me so much with the headaches. It takes a bit for your body to adjust.

Check out the "Alternatives that will work on P1" thread. Lots of people have great success using alternative products that mimic the nutritional make up of IP products.

Some people lose hair, some don't. I didn't have a problem with it, but I have a lot of hair. With only 30 pounds to go (not minimizing 30 pounds but you won't be on IP as long as someone who starts at a higher weight) I suspect you won't have a problem, but I could be wrong.

I found that knowing what I was eating ahead of time took a lot of stress out of dieting. I still plan a week ahead and then adjust as needed. It takes some practice to get your mind to quit constantly thinking of food but it does happen over time. We are retraining our brains to think differently, won't happen overnight. Like you, I had years and years of really bad eating and it was a struggle to start with to not think about it all the time. That's where planning came in - knowing what was on the menu for the day took all the guesswork out of it.

It's not always easy to stay on plan, but it is really worth it!

drd1961 04-23-2014 08:14 AM

I have a lot of hair and it actually seemed to grow faster. My hair dresser told me to quit eating so healthy.

I am 52, and have some sagging, but not anywhere YOU can see...:) I have some pretty sound genetics in that department though.

JLUS 04-23-2014 08:30 AM

Nashua Nutrition - FREE SHIPPING

Free shipping on orders over $49 TODAY ONLY.

International clients get $15 off their order.

Code: TODAY49

shrinkingsusie 04-23-2014 08:52 AM

Good morning!

Jenny38 04-23-2014 09:01 AM

Morning ladies,

Where are all the men on the daily chat?
I have been off line for the past four days, internet issues, but all seems good for now.

IP43- LOL so true!

Alienoreo-congratulations on a great first week.

Happy Wednesday everyone. Feels good that the weekend of trying to resist food, sometimes successfully and sometimes no, is over. My body feels so much better eating on plan.
Have a good day:)

babykadea 04-23-2014 09:49 AM

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with meat. In the sense that you maybe over eat by a few oz and were up on the scale the next morning.
Could meat throw you off? or cause no weight loss?

cschmandt 04-23-2014 09:59 AM

Good Morning All!!

I had my 5th official weigh-in yesterday. I am down a total of 24.0 pounds and down a total of 14.25 inches. Whoop Whoop!!

I am feeling good and continuing to move forward!!

Cheryl

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...130/174.2/.png

Hiker88 04-23-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babykadea (Post 4989991)
I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with meat. In the sense that you maybe over eat by a few oz and were up on the scale the next morning.
Could meat throw you off? or cause no weight loss?

I've never had meat throw me off but if I eat a pickle before bed or smother my meat in hot sauce, the extra salt will sometimes result in the scale being up the next morning... its just the water retention so I don't worry about it...

I have had times with no access to a scale (or just starving) where I've gone a little over on my meat... its never made me gain.

babykadea 04-23-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

I've never had meat throw me off but if I eat a pickle before bed or smother my meat in hot sauce, the extra salt will sometimes result in the scale being up the next morning... its just the water retention so I don't worry about it...

I have had times with no access to a scale (or just starving) where I've gone a little over on my meat... its never made me gain.
Okay, thank you!