Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:54 AM   #46  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Whoop whoop. Just put my height and weight into the BMI calculator thingie and I'm in the normal range!! It is only just in the normal range but I will take it. Big change from Jan 1 when I was in the obese range. This is where I should add a dancing carrot but it's too late at night to figure that out.

Sleep well everyone.
Yay Rosie! Great accomplishment!

Last edited by calypso58; 04-24-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Whoop whoop. Just put my height and weight into the BMI calculator thingie and I'm in the normal range!! It is only just in the normal range but I will take it. Big change from Jan 1 when I was in the obese range. This is where I should add a dancing carrot but it's too late at night to figure that out.

Sleep well everyone.
Congrats Rosie!!!

Today is my 28th birthday and what a present -- I hopped on the scale (official weigh in is Saturday) and I'm 149.2 -- bye bye 150s! I will not see you again until pregnancy!!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Birthday sunflwr!

Congrats on your success
Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #49  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

I am new to IP and started last Wednesday. I am really excited that I lost 5 lbs for my weigh in yesterday!!!!!! Honesly, I think I lost a bit more, but my I didn't get my weigh in until 1:30pm (is that a fair statement- maybe I'm just coddling myself). Anyway, I am out of the 170's and have no intention to EVER get back there again.

I am really glad that I can now choose my own food packets, because the ones at the end of the week were not to my taste.

Hoping to get back to my prepregnancy weight of 135....haven't seen that in 7 years!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #50  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Not official weigh in but the scale keeps creeping down. Wooot wooot!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I am new to IP and started last Wednesday. I am really excited that I lost 5 lbs for my weigh in yesterday!!!!!! Honesly, I think I lost a bit more, but my I didn't get my weigh in until 1:30pm (is that a fair statement- maybe I'm just coddling myself). Anyway, I am out of the 170's and have no intention to EVER get back there again.

I am really glad that I can now choose my own food packets, because the ones at the end of the week were not to my taste.

Hoping to get back to my prepregnancy weight of 135....haven't seen that in 7 years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Not official weigh in but the scale keeps creeping down. Wooot wooot!!!
Congrats to you both!!! Isn't IP awesome?!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #52  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Has anyone tried the walden farm marshmallow stuff? I was thinking of using it and some crispy cereal to make a Rice Krispie square for a birthday treat on Saturday. Wondering if it would even work.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone! Has anyone tried the walden farm marshmallow stuff? I was thinking of using it and some crispy cereal to make a Rice Krispie square for a birthday treat on Saturday. Wondering if it would even work.
I have....I tried to use it as a cool whip/whipped cream sub for my pudding. Let me preface this with....I am NOT a picky person and I eat a lot of WF dressings and don't mind them....I actually had to throw the jar away! It tasted soooo chemically to me. It is not light or fluffy like marshmallow, it's quite thick and dense. Not a winner
Old 04-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #54  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
As Lisa posted in the 100% thread... That machine is NOT worth a lot, so not sure you really need to add any protein. I wouldn't worry too much, but I thought just a couple whites scrambled... Then you could tell your coach you added more protein. Also if you have 8oz cooked protein at dinner, you are getting more like 10 oz pre cooked weight. Did she want you yo do both?

If you are feeling hood and satisfied with your results, there is probably no reason yo make changes!
She did want me to do both. I am satisfied with my results..I lost 1.5 lbs this week (I thought it was 2, but I'll take it). I had a bigger loss last week (5 lbs), but this was week 4 and I know I can't expect to have large losses every week.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #55  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Help I'm getting very discouraged. I started implementing and mixing IP products and protithin and protidiet products from Nashua. I lost 1.5 last week and so far nothing this week. I'm not losing inches. I know people hit plateaus but I'm concerned maybe it's the new products. I am 100% op, I drink about 100+oz of water a day, I'm not constipated. My smallest loss prior to this was 2.8 and usually I'm more like 3.6. I had a goal to be in onederland before my trip in June, but now that's not going to happen
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

Sleep well everyone.
I just learned how to do dancing for you, RosieRosie to celebrate your move to "normal". What a great felling that must be. I am determinedly working my way down to being "overweight".

I recall when I was in college getting a letter from my late mother that she was concerned that I was obese. In those days we did not have those handy calculators for this sort if determination. Being a teen, I challenged my Mom who loftily told me anyone 10% over their ideal weight was obese.

Now I loved my mother dearly and yet the pain of that situation stays with me 40 years later. For me personally, the true tragedy of the whole thing is that it has taken me all those years to get a handle on my weight.

That was an age for me when ambitious daughters and very successful professional mothers could find themselves at emotional loggerheads. I do not know even today whether my mother was trying to be helpful or whether it was a mother vs daughter sort of moment.

I do know that if she had an idea the lifelong pain that sort of comment/help caused, she would have been distressed.

Hard when those who love you have such great power to hurt at exactly the place they should have been helping.

So I look forward to getting out of obese in 12 more pounds!

Last edited by schenectady; 04-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Help I'm getting very discouraged. I started implementing and mixing IP products and protithin and protidiet products from Nashua. I lost 1.5 last week and so far nothing this week. I'm not losing inches. I know people hit plateaus but I'm concerned maybe it's the new products. I am 100% op, I drink about 100+oz of water a day, I'm not constipated. My smallest loss prior to this was 2.8 and usually I'm more like 3.6. I had a goal to be in onederland before my trip in June, but now that's not going to happen
Amber, I can relate to feeling very discouraged, and I haven't even lost as much weight as you have. I have been doing alternative products from Day 1. I lost nothing at all last week, and I am up 2 pounds so far this week (official weigh-in) is Monday. Like you, I am 100% OP and drink about 100 oz. of water daily. I don't think it's the alternative products as many people have pointed out that they "don't have magic in them." I'm just not sure what it is for me. I have only lost 14 pounds and have 75 more to go...for me to already be hitting a wall with weight loss is extremely frustrating and discouraging.

I know I wasn't helpful, but I can completely understand and emphathize with your discouragement. I'm right there with ya.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 305/262.8/180

Height: 5'5 1/2

Good morning all,
I am in need of support and encouraging words. I started IP using alternatives in January and was doing very well. I found out my grandmother has cancer (she raised me) and since then I have fallen completely off program. I have been struggling to get back OP daily with no success. Well this morning as I was laying in bed half asleep I heard this quote that has been on my mind since hearing it, " We aren't choosing to be fat or skinny. We are choosing life or death." I don't post much but for some reason this morning I just needed to reach out to people that understand the struggle of staying OP. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #59  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Ya I am lucky and love that I've lost 33.2lbs already but I still have a long way to go, like 47-67 lbs depending on if I decide to move my overall goal. My original goal was to get to 170 but that seemed so far away at the time. Now I lost weight so well I'm thinking that 150 is healthier for me. I no the system works but what keeps me going is the success of it. The reason I haven't fallen off the wagon so to speak is because I can see onderland in my future before my vacation, how nice to be there before I go to the ocean with my kids for their first time! I have been so excited, but I feel very discouraged now. I leave for my trip in 7 weeks and 3 days, I was having no probelm thinking the now 18lbs (put me at 199) would be a breeze if I just keep trucking along... but it no longer looks that way with a two week plateau where I keep losing and gaining the same pound.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Butterfly Queen - I am sorry you are facing such a situation as dealing with your grandmother's cancer. It is obviously a very emotional thing for you to be facing.

I have struggled with staying 100% OP during challenging family situations and more distressing, trying to get back on the program. There is no magic bullet to give you the kick in the pants needed to jump back on.

From my experience, it takes some reflection about the situation, reviewing the value of health and happiness, looking for some logic and motivation. Imagery works for me a big, closing my eyes and trying to picture how good I will look and feel at a healthier weight.

My suggestion would be to set yourself a goal of ONE day on 100%IP - nothing more than that. I have found that if I can do that, I pick up some great power. Every time you feel like going off, just make a hot tea and remind yourself you only need to do this for one day. One meal at a time, one day. Get through that and then repeat the next day.

Your body needs to get back into the feeling of the program and a healthier intake. Work on planning each meal in advance so that you do not get thrown by any personal challenges you may come across.

Know that you CAN do this - I started only a few pounds below you and have struggled, but made it. Everyone on this board will help and you just need to ask for support and advice and it will come.

AmberLS - You are doing really well and have managed your way through some challenges to staying 100% OP. You have succeeded.

Where I have found similar challenges for me is making goals by planning the amount of weight I want to lose each week to reach a specific weight for specific event. Your body just does not work that way and there will be slow periods that do not necessarily depend on what you are eating or doing.

Needless to say, making those sorts of plans...I want to lose X number o pounds a week to reach Y weight by Z date can set up for a disappointment. Just hang in there and be patient because weight loss does not follow that sort of logical progression.

Just do not give up, do not give in. You will still look great regardless whether you are 5 pounds away from Onederland or 5 pounds under!
Closed Thread