IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
    And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Good morning. Did a yoga routine designed to stretch and relax. I had quite an active day yesterday so it was much needed!

Back to 5 day work week!
  • Does anyone know where I can find a phase 2 and 3 guide? I don't need them yet but I'd like to have them for when I'm ready
  • Quote: Does anyone know where I can find a phase 2 and 3 guide? I don't need them yet but I'd like to have them for when I'm ready
    Go to the first post above... ALL the protocol sheets for the Phases are there linked to PDFs!
  • Well, WI #4: 0 pounds lost.

I am trying not to let the negative thoughts creep in...the naysayer is trying deperately to tell me that this is yet another diet that is just not going to work for me, that I have now exhausted my last hope, that I am destined to be fat forever. That stupid, stupid voice. I am trying hard to remember all the great advice, encouragement, and words of wisdom I have read on here. Trying to remember that even though I have seen plenty of people with losses every week listed underneath their signatures, there must be plenty of people out there just like me. Trying to remember that just because I didn't lose anything this week doesn't mean that I am doing anything "wrong." I have been 100% OP (with alternatives) since Day 1. Trying to tell myself not to cut out the restricted item I've been having every day just because of 1 week with no loss.

The rational side of this diet is easy: follow the plan as written and it will work...the mental and emotional part is so tough when the loss doesn't always occur like we'd like it to! Sticking with it through the ups and downs is so hard for me, and something I am working to improve. Coming here and seeing how all of you are not just following the plan but living the plan is inspiring.

WHO'S WITH ME?? ANYONE WANT TO HELP ME BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE NAYSAYER IN MY HEAD TODAY?? LOL
  • So I've been "lurking" for a couple of weeks to decide what to do about joining IP again. Last time I lost 40 pounds, but also lost a lot of hair and didn't phase off properly so here I am again. I still have a bunch of food left so I've decided to give it a go without my coach until my IP products are gone. Then I'll decide if I go back to my coach or do alternatives. I hope they don't recharge me to join if it has been a year? I really have missed the "chat" part of my weight loss journey, so .... here I am again!

Have a great week everyone. I still have today at home but I know a lot are back to work, so I will relish my day off!
  • Quote: Well, WI #4: 0 pounds lost.

WHO'S WITH ME?? ANYONE WANT TO HELP ME BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE NAYSAYER IN MY HEAD TODAY?? LOL
    Nah... we're lovers not fighters. Here...

This really is a "mind" game. So surround yourself with some positive thinking. It's not necessarily a positive quote but it's true "If you think you CAN or think you CAN'T, ... you're right". You can do this and when you feel that naysayer talking to you, pull out that inner child, stick out your tongue and say "I can't hear you!" .... even give it one of these
  • Quote: Well, WI #4: 0 pounds lost.

I am trying not to let the negative thoughts creep in...the naysayer is trying deperately to tell me that this is yet another diet that is just not going to work for me, that I have now exhausted my last hope, that I am destined to be fat forever. That stupid, stupid voice. I am trying hard to remember all the great advice, encouragement, and words of wisdom I have read on here. Trying to remember that even though I have seen plenty of people with losses every week listed underneath their signatures, there must be plenty of people out there just like me. Trying to remember that just because I didn't lose anything this week doesn't mean that I am doing anything "wrong." I have been 100% OP (with alternatives) since Day 1. Trying to tell myself not to cut out the restricted item I've been having every day just because of 1 week with no loss.

The rational side of this diet is easy: follow the plan as written and it will work...the mental and emotional part is so tough when the loss doesn't always occur like we'd like it to! Sticking with it through the ups and downs is so hard for me, and something I am working to improve. Coming here and seeing how all of you are not just following the plan but living the plan is inspiring.

As much as I wish there was something that I could say to you that would instantly make you feel better, this is one of those STUPID weight loss emotions you just have to work through. In my experience it's usually grief, anger, and acceptance. Haha. I've seen this many times on here, so I know it's not just me. Weight loss is NOT linear. Our minds think it should be, which is why we get so disappointed. Try to hold on to the thought that you HAVE lost weight, so you are in a better place than when you started and you may not have lost this week, but you didn't gain! Think about your NSV this week. It could have been not being tempted, hearing a compliment, or your clothes fitting differently. Did you get measured? Inches lost are better than numbers on the scale!
  • marylandMom
    Week 4 (for some week 3) is notorious for little to no loss!!!!! So much so that many coaches warn clients to expect it so they are prepared!!

You have lost MORE than three pounds per week over the last three weeks, which is FANTASTIC!! NOw your body needs to regroup and adjust to your losses which is perfectly normal.

Do NOT start stressing - stress can stall losses!

There are plenty of other things in addition to the number on the scale that you need to learn to incorporate into your view of this journey: are you measuring inches lost (some weeks inches come off even with no pound drop); are your clothes fitting a bit differently; are you walking or climbing stairs with less effort; is your face a bit thinner; do your rings fit less snugly...

There are MANY ways to evaluate success that have no relation to the scale. We call these NSVs (non scale victories). Start keeping track of those and sharing them as well as noticing the NSVs posted by others, it really helps to keep motivated and keep on track.

Now, take a deep breath and start replacing the negative thoughts with positive ones. We KNOW you can do this!!!
  • Oh -- and the other thing to remember: The crabbier/more emotional you feel, that means there's more estrogen floating around that has been released from your fat, which is a sign it's WORKING... If you remember that, you'll "embrace" the crabbiness
  • Good Morning Everyone
    I am so excited!! I started IP last Wednesday and was really worried about surviving Easter without going of plan. But I did it!! This plan has been so easy and besides the extreme hunger I had on my 3rd day have not been hungry at all. I will not have my first weigh in until Thursday and have not stepped on my scales at home. I have decided to only weigh once a week with my coach,just say true to the plan and let it work. Hope everyone has a great OP week.
  • Quote: As much as I wish there was something that I could say to you that would instantly make you feel better, this is one of those STUPID weight loss emotions you just have to work through. In my experience it's usually grief, anger, and acceptance. Haha. I've seen this many times on here, so I know it's not just me. Weight loss is NOT linear. Our minds think it should be, which is why we get so disappointed. Try to hold on to the thought that you HAVE lost weight, so you are in a better place than when you started and you may not have lost this week, but you didn't gain! Think about your NSV this week. It could have been not being tempted, hearing a compliment, or your clothes fitting differently. Did you get measured? Inches lost are better than numbers on the scale!
    Awesome advice...thank you so much! My clothes do not seem to be fitting differently so I don't think I have lost inches. But I love your focus on that I didn't gain and that I HAVE lost weight. I need to give myself more credit for what I HAVE accomplished rather than beat myself up for what I haven't accomplished YET (because I WILL get there!)
    Quote: marylandMom
    Week 4 (for some week 3) is notorious for little to no loss!!!!! So much so that many coaches warn clients to expect it so they are prepared!!

This made me feel so much less alone...thank you for this bit of info!
    You have lost MORE than three pounds per week over the last three weeks, which is FANTASTIC!! NOw your body needs to regroup and adjust to your losses which is perfectly normal.

Do NOT start stressing - stress can stall losses!

There are plenty of other things in addition to the number on the scale that you need to learn to incorporate into your view of this journey: are you measuring inches lost (some weeks inches come off even with no pound drop); are your clothes fitting a bit differently; are you walking or climbing stairs with less effort; is your face a bit thinner; do your rings fit less snugly...

There are MANY ways to evaluate success that have no relation to the scale. We call these NSVs (non scale victories). Start keeping track of those and sharing them as well as noticing the NSVs posted by others, it really helps to keep motivated and keep on track.

Now, take a deep breath and start replacing the negative thoughts with positive ones. We KNOW you can do this!!!

Quote: Oh -- and the other thing to remember: The crabbier/more emotional you feel, that means there's more estrogen floating around that has been released from your fat, which is a sign it's WORKING... If you remember that, you'll "embrace" the crabbiness
    I have been SUPER crabby...now bring on that fat release!!

Quote: Nah... we're lovers not fighters. Here...

This really is a "mind" game. So surround yourself with some positive thinking. It's not necessarily a positive quote but it's true "If you think you CAN or think you CAN'T, ... you're right". You can do this and when you feel that naysayer talking to you, pull out that inner child, stick out your tongue and say "I can't hear you!" .... even give it one of these
    This totally made me laugh out loud...I love it!
  • MarylandMom - you've received some excellent advice! Hang in there and don't let yourself get discouraged - you're doing fantastic.

And as I told someone on another thread, do what I do when that little voice starts piping up - drown the little sucker with more water!
  • Oh the joy/sorrow of tracking food and weight loss on My Fitness Pal. All my IP food is still stored there so tracking will be a cinch. BUT all my measurements from last JUNE when I last measured were also still there. There must be some "technical glitch" as they all seemed to have gone up at least an inch... does "inflation" affect MFP? .... Okay, no wise cracks about the inflation of my middle tire either!

Okay, day 1: Shake for breakfast. Check. Water bottle filled and 1/8 drank. Check. Vitamins taken. Check. Salad ready for lunch. Check. Bugged my friends on 3FC. Check.

.....hey not bad for 9:40 a.m. Still a long way to go in the day but off to a good start.
  • I have a question for you guys. My mother in law is doing Medifast and she gave me one of her packets to make ice cream. I'm not sure if I should eat it though..I'm nervous...but I would really love some ice cream. Here are the stats:

Cals 110
    Fat 2.5 g
    Total Carbs 14 g
    Fiber 4 g
    Sugars 8 g
    Protein 11 g

Would I eat this as a restricted item? Or is the sugar way too high?