Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #61  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Grrr... stupid people make me mad! So talking to a friend of my sister in law today and it goes like this her: "Oh what diet are you doing?" Me, "Ideal Protein," her "oh that's like the no carb atkins thing right?" me "well kind of but not really.... explained" her "oh ya I know a few people who did that diet, you'll just gain it all back, they did." me "oh well did they go back to their old eating habits after they finished?" "well ya, they dieted and lost a bunch of weight and they were done" me "well you can't diet and then go back to eating the way that got you fat in the first place, you have to make some permanent changes" she rolls her eyes and walks away. I shoulda smacked her!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #62  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I feel like I haven't been on here forever. After my stall I decided to phase off for a while. I noticed that I wasn't being as careful with measuring, weighing, over eating occasional veggies, etc so decided I needed a change. I have a trip planned for the long weekend next month, so I am planning on maintaining and continuing my exercise routine (strengthening and walking 5km minimum 3 times per week), then I will get back into phase one as soon as I get back which will be May 19. Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
It would be a restricted because net carbs (14 - 4) are over 8. When looking at carbs, you do not have to look at sugars separately as they are factored into total carbs which is the important number (IP products have sugar as well). Do make sure there is no Aspartame in it.

Also the IP minimum for protein should be 12, but this won,t be a big deal unless you start having it every day as a packet.

FYI - many people mix up their IP puddings or shakes and put in the freezer to get an ice cream-like consistency. (I wonder if that is pretty much what this product is?)
I think medifast is different in daily nutrient distribution because when my daughter did medifast after she had her last baby a year ago...I remember her day consisted of 4 packets from medifast plus 1 "Real Protein Meal.

She is a tiny thing and normally weighs under 100 lbs...but was trying to lose about 18 pounds of baby/nursing weight, so the 4 medifast meals were not based on her weight being higher, as is the case on IP when 4 packets are recommended.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-22-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All
I have been doing IP for 6 days. I have to say this plan is so easy. I leave my house at 5 am each morning for an 45 minute commute to work so I needed something that was easy to prepare. I have not been hungry or experienced any headaches so far. I eat so much food with all the veggies that I feel like I am cheating!!! I have a few questions that I am hoping some of you successful IPeeps can help me with. Are pickles a free food like lettuce?? Also is it ok to have 2 oz of protein with my lunch and then the other 4 oz for dinner?? Last can you switch and have the dinner protein for lunch and have the IP packet for dinner. I see my coach on Thursday but she doesn't seem as knowledgeable as all of you in this forum. Thanks in advance for your response. Here's to a great rest of the week and staying OP!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Good Morning All
I have been doing IP for 6 days. I have to say this plan is so easy. I leave my house at 5 am each morning for an 45 minute commute to work so I needed something that was easy to prepare. I have not been hungry or experienced any headaches so far. I eat so much food with all the veggies that I feel like I am cheating!!! I have a few questions that I am hoping some of you successful IPeeps can help me with. Are pickles a free food like lettuce?? Also is it ok to have 2 oz of protein with my lunch and then the other 4 oz for dinner?? Last can you switch and have the dinner protein for lunch and have the IP packet for dinner. I see my coach on Thursday but she doesn't seem as knowledgeable as all of you in this forum. Thanks in advance for your response. Here's to a great rest of the week and staying OP!!!
Welcome!

Pickles are cucumbers which are on the P1 sheet as select veggies, so not free.

You definitely can split your proteins between lunch and dinner... BUT you need 8 oz total, not 6. A few of our very petite statured people eat 6 oz (they are in the 5 ft- 5'4" range. At 5'8" you should have 8 oz)

Yes, you can switch lunch and dinner as well.

Glad to have you here!

Last edited by JLUS; 04-22-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Grrr... stupid people make me mad! So talking to a friend of my sister in law today and it goes like this her: "Oh what diet are you doing?" Me, "Ideal Protein," her "oh that's like the no carb atkins thing right?" me "well kind of but not really.... explained" her "oh ya I know a few people who did that diet, you'll just gain it all back, they did." me "oh well did they go back to their old eating habits after they finished?" "well ya, they dieted and lost a bunch of weight and they were done" me "well you can't diet and then go back to eating the way that got you fat in the first place, you have to make some permanent changes" she rolls her eyes and walks away. I shoulda smacked her!
So so frustrating. Glad you didn't let it change your opinion on what works for you! This past weekend a distant cousin and I were chatting about IP. He's in medical school so I was prepared to go into defense mode about my body and ketosis but he was in full support. I was shocked. I've had so many others talk bad about it that it's good to hear someone say "wow, yeah! I've never thought about dieting that way!" If only all doctors thought that way.....
Old 04-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Default homemade turkey patties

Hi, anyone have any tips or recipes for making homemade OP turkey patties (using the super lean ground turkey) that are not dry and tasteless?? I'm not having much luck...
Old 04-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #68  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Good Morning All
The meat is 8 oz raw but if you have to weigh something that's already cooked... some weigh cooked meat as 6 oz per day.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #69  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Good Morning All
Dill pickles are listed under the "Select" veggies list, so they are not free. I have attached a copy of the IP Phase 1 sheet & I have highlighted the dill pickles.

I split my protein up every day... I have 2 oz. of chicken with my lunch salad and the other 6 oz. of protein at dinner. This has been working well for me. Give it a try!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ideal Protein Plan - Phase 1 (Pickles Highlighted).pdf (78.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by karkrazy13; 04-22-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #70  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Hi, anyone have any tips or recipes for making homemade OP turkey patties (using the super lean ground turkey) that are not dry and tasteless?? I'm not having much luck...
I actually buy my ground turkey (97/3) at Sam's Club in bulk so I can split up & freeze individual 6 oz. patties.

When I cook the thawed patty, all I do is put it in a small pan and sprinkle some Mrs. Dash seasoning (garlic & herb is delish!) on top. I cook the patty until browned on the underside (about 7-10 minutes) and then flip. I cook it for another 7-10 minutes until the underside (side with the seasoning) is brown and a little crisp. It turns out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

Try adding some 100% coconut oil in the pan and letting it melt before adding the patty. This should add some extra moisture. Also, try putting some mustard on top of the patty after it's cooked if it's still too dry.

Seasonings are a girl's best friend on this diet, and salt-free Mrs. Dash has delicious flavors for pork, poultry, seafood, and steak!

I hope this helps!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Can I just say, I'm really over seeing the Breyer's Gelato ads when I'm on here. Not cool!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #72  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbLover443 View Post
Can I just say, I'm really over seeing the Breyer's Gelato ads when I'm on here. Not cool!!!
If you're using Firefox the AdBlock add-in is really awesome! No ads!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
I actually buy my ground turkey (97/3) at Sam's Club in bulk so I can split up & freeze individual 6 oz. patties.
... I hope this helps!
I have been buying that turkey meat, too. The temps for the "eyes" on my stovetop are hard to control. I think they're cooking too hot, so I'm going to try cooking at a lower heat. I use Mrs. Dash, too! Love it!! I like the suggestion about mustard on top. My brother-in-law coats ribs with plain yellow mustard, then puts dry spices on that before smoking. I think it tenderizes as well as adds flavor.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
I add a bit of egg white to help hold it together and grate in a little zucchini for moisture (part of my veggie count - it isn't much), good with a bit of grated onion or green onion chopped in. I also like fresh herbs in mine - threw in cilantro, and a bit of garam masala (a kind of dry curry spice mix) for a flavour change the other day. You can also put a pinch of poultry seasoning in for that roast turkey flavour.

It is very lean so the idea is to sear the burger on higher heat first to seal in the juices, then lower heat to cook internally for a bit. I can't give you exact time because all stoves/broilers/grills are different. Just use the pressure test like cooking steak. It should give a bit when you press the top of the burger. If it is very firm - oopsie... overdone.

Hope that helps...
Liana
Old 04-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I have noticed that there are 2 types of comments that I get from people. The most common response is super supportive from people who are happy for me and the less common (thankfully) are comments that are meant to tear me down and diminish my success so far. I've found that the "tear down" comments are, more often than not, from people who could stand to loose a few pounds themselves or are just nasty people to begin with... In a twisted way, the naysayers are the ones who keep me most strong because I can't wait to prove them wrong!
Closed Thread