3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Questions about Vitamins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294995-questions-about-vitamins.html)

ChattySusan 04-21-2014 12:00 AM

Questions about Vitamins

Hi All,

I have been on IP Phase 1 for 7 weeks so far and since the beginning, my coach has instructed me to take these vitamins:

Multi-Vita 2 per day
Cal-Mag 4 per day
Potassium 1 per day
Floralax 1 per day

She instructed me that I can take these any time of the day that I want and said that taking them all together once per day is fine.

She has never given me Omega-3 Plus, Anti-Oxy or Enzymes.

Now that I look at the plan I'm wondering first of all why I'm taking Floralax at all considering I have never complained of constipation ever. I'm also unsure why I haven't been given Omega-3? The plan says the Anti-Oxy and Natura Enzymes are recommended, so I guess they are optional.

What do you all think?

stephascope 04-21-2014 01:52 AM

I think you should ask your coach why you haven't been given the omega 3's because it's part of the protocol to take 2/day.

IPCali 04-21-2014 03:01 AM

The omega 3's are important... get on 'em quick!

Fearciuil 04-21-2014 04:09 AM

Also, the protocol separates the Cal/Mag into 2 twice per day because your body can't absorb 4 at a time. I do 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening because I forget to take them with my snack.

lisa32989 04-21-2014 06:35 AM

Chattysusan
The plan no longer has the omega 3 as optional
Is your coach using old information/materials? In this forum, we have found that to be all-too-common

ChipnDip 04-21-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearciuil (Post 4988435)
Also, the protocol separates the Cal/Mag into 2 twice per day because your body can't absorb 4 at a time. I do 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening because I forget to take them with my snack.

I was told you can't take the cal-mag at the same time as potassium as I wanted to go to twice a day as well. Not sure who to ask? Maybe a pharmacist?

ChattySusan 04-21-2014 07:57 AM

Thanks all. Can I get Omega III Plus from Wal-mart? Or should I try to get them from my coach? Also do any of you take floralax or can I drop that?

IP43 04-21-2014 08:20 AM

Walmart is fine. I got a "pill container" and separate mine out once a week to help me remember to take them at diff times of the day. The good thing is they're all organized and ready to go. The bad thing is I can never remember what I'm taking -- I just visually say "a little brown one, the big yellow one..." Probably me opening each package twice a day would make me more conscious of what I'm taking when.

Chrztina 04-21-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4988458)
I was told you can't take the cal-mag at the same time as potassium as I wanted to go to twice a day as well. Not sure who to ask? Maybe a pharmacist?

I was told the same thing.

WillowVee 04-21-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChattySusan (Post 4988492)
Thanks all. Can I get Omega III Plus from Wal-mart? Or should I try to get them from my coach? Also do any of you take floralax or can I drop that?

I only took floralax when I needed to (i.e. the Big C). I wouldn't bother if that's not a problem for you. Although it's handy to have around when you need it!

Butterfli3 04-27-2014 04:57 PM

I was never given the omegas either. I asked my coach and she said that there have been studies that it causes prostate cancer so they stopped offering it. But I could get it myself if I wanted. I didn't get any because she didn't seem concerned now I guess I will.

IP43 04-27-2014 05:32 PM

For as many studies as there are about one thing there are studies about others. I was told by a nutritionist that my boys should be on Omega 3s for ADHD as studies showed that it helped with that. There seems to be a lot of articles in magazines etc. advocating for Omega 3s. They also add it to some egg brands etc. Who is to know for sure I guess :shrug:

smallerin2014 04-27-2014 05:45 PM

I was told to take potassium and multi-vitamin in the am, 2 cal-mags and an omega each 2x/per day (I take with lunch and dinner - they didn't set well in my stomach when I took with evening snack). I also ordered enzymes as I have had a constant issue with the big "C" since starting IP.
As I have run out of the supplements, I have gradually replaced them with ones from Wal-Mart, trying to find ones that are as close to the IP brand as possible. They are only a fraction of the cost at Wal-Mart.

lisa32989 04-27-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChattySusan (Post 4988492)

I would not buy omega 3 at Walmart. They do not sell any brands that have passed quality testing
http://www.ifosprogram.com/consumer
-reports.aspx

Many fish oils are oxidized or made with poor quality ingredients, and may actually cause health problems instead of solving them.
http://chriskresser.com/the-definiti...l-buyers-guide