3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Starting April 21, 2014 - Anyone starting then? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294968-starting-april-21-2014-anyone-starting-then.html)

walkernjh 04-19-2014 08:35 AM

Starting April 21, 2014 - Anyone starting then?

Hi Everyone,

My initial appointment is Monday, April 21st. Is anyone else starting that day? Would love to be in a group going through the same things together. If not I will just follow the daily threads.

Nancy

Ruth Ann 04-19-2014 08:45 AM

Hi Nancy! Don't just follow the daily threads, jump onto the What Are You Eating Threads, the recipe threads - pretty much any thread that interests you! This is a great bunch of supportive people and you'll get tons of ideas, suggestions, etc.

Congrats on getting started!

walkernjh 04-19-2014 09:07 AM

Thanks

Thanks Ruth,

I've been lurking for a little while now. I'm encouraged by all you supportive and knowledgeable IPer's. Can't wait to get going!:carrot:

ChipnDip 04-19-2014 09:20 AM

I'm starting my husband on alternatives on Monday but he is not likely to come on here. I can't even get him to read the sheets or watch the videos. He says he will just eat what I give him. Very frustrating! I know he will probably lose the weight but I am worried about his ongoing maintenance if he hasn't learned the how and why.

IP43 04-19-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4987584)
I'm starting my husband on alternatives on Monday but he is not likely to come on here. I can't even get him to read the sheets or watch the videos. He says he will just eat what I give him. Very frustrating! I know he will probably lose the weight but I am worried about his ongoing maintenance if he hasn't learned the how and why.

Look at the bright side -- you can talk about him if he whines and drives you crazy and he'll never know it :D You can still read him informational posts or tell him "why" you are doing something when you make a meal. He doesn't want to read all us women chattin'.

AmberLS 04-19-2014 02:19 PM

Nancy I agree with Ruth this place is a wealth of information. My first month I was so scared to try anything new, I was just drinking shakes and mixes per the directions, but now that I have branched out and tried recipes with the packets I am even happier!!! I encourage you to check out the recipes thread. I have been making chocolate muffins with the chocolate pudding and I don't know how I lived without them! LOL Don't be afraid to experiment with your food and ask questions on any forum! All these women and men ARE FANTASTIC and helpful.

walkernjh 04-25-2014 07:16 AM

Thanks Amber!

I have been spending my computer time watching the e-mail videos and reading that information. Since I didn't receive an e-mail this morning I am relying on the post here for info. I will check out the other threads to gleam more info. I have an out of town trip next week so I will be looking up travel info.

Thanks

mainemum 04-25-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkernjh (Post 4987564)
Hi Everyone,

My initial appointment is Monday, April 21st. Is anyone else starting that day? Would love to be in a group going through the same things together. If not I will just follow the daily threads.

Nancy

My first full day of IP was Saturday 4/19. Not exactly the same, but close. How are you settling in? I think it got easier once I was in ketosis. Days 1 and 2 were rough!

ChipnDip 04-25-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkernjh (Post 4991344)
Thanks Amber!

I have been spending my computer time watching the e-mail videos and reading that information. Since I didn't receive an e-mail this morning I am relying on the post here for info. I will check out the other threads to gleam more info. I have an out of town trip next week so I will be looking up travel info.

Thanks

My vide came late today. It always throws of my morning routine! Trying to have DH watch but he won't. He is adjusting pretty well. No complaints yet, but lots of sarcasm when he sends texts over his lunch time.

walkernjh 04-25-2014 08:47 PM

mainemum - I am settling in pretty good. Not sure if I am in ketosis or not. I have followed the plan to a T. Dr. said I could still strength train as long as I didn't lift heavy or do high intensity cardio (with my exercise induced asthma I cant really do HI cardio anyway). Found I needed an extra IP packet after my workout which she said was ok also. I can tell I have lost because my clothes are looser.

jo4applerose 04-25-2014 09:09 PM

Congratulations Nancy. I am new here and have my first IP consultation May 1st and officially start May 2nd. Hope to see you around.

IP43 04-25-2014 10:03 PM

I have had a great week and keep seeing that scale creep down. I should wait until Sun to weigh in but it's inspiring to keep seeing progress. I did have one rough emotional day but I had just reposted to someone earlier in the week about the havoc this plays on your hormones too -- forgot my own advice! I'm trying not to make a "big deal" of pointing out to others that I'm on IP and we've had loads of treat days at work. Today was "salad day" so I was so excited... and then it turns out everyone made a salad with dressing: Caesar, broccoli bacon with mayo, pasta salad .... thank goodness for the lone veggie tray. I was elected to bring the buns and butter (really?) so I didn't bring my salad. I may have eaten every snap pea and celery stick in the room trying to avoid the creamy salads! ... sigh... next salad day I bring lettuce just in case!

Deepblue 04-25-2014 11:29 PM

Hi, I also started on Monday 21st! I am surprised because I am feeling well, although sometimes a little bit hungry, I have not had headaches nor dizziness...nothing. Also just when I started on monday, I also got my TOM ...everything together. But anyways I am following it to a T and the scale starts to go down. I have gone below 80 ( in kg) and that is a victory for me!
I have my first WI on monday. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone. Keep strong!

mainemum 04-26-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkernjh (Post 4991930)
mainemum - I am settling in pretty good. Not sure if I am in ketosis or not. I have followed the plan to a T. Dr. said I could still strength train as long as I didn't lift heavy or do high intensity cardio (with my exercise induced asthma I cant really do HI cardio anyway). Found I needed an extra IP packet after my workout which she said was ok also. I can tell I have lost because my clothes are looser.

Awesome. I seem to have more energy since ketosis started. I actually dusted off my bike last week, and went for a ride with my youngest. I also have exercise induced asthma, but I lasted over 20 minutes! The last time that I tried to ride my bike I was wheezing by the end of the driveway. Amazing what a small weight loss can do for your body, isn't it? :D

My coach also said that I can add either an extra packet or a hardboiled egg after a light workout if I need it. I haven't needed it, but good to have the option.

Hurrah for looser clothes! Keep it up!

mainemum 04-26-2014 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepblue (Post 4992006)
Hi, I also started on Monday 21st! I am surprised because I am feeling well, although sometimes a little bit hungry, I have not had headaches nor dizziness...nothing. Also just when I started on monday, I also got my TOM ...everything together. But anyways I am following it to a T and the scale starts to go down. I have gone below 80 ( in kg) and that is a victory for me!
I have my first WI on monday. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone. Keep strong!

Congrats on your good first week! :broc:

Keep us posted with how your weigh in goes.

walkernjh 04-26-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo4applerose (Post 4991937)
Congratulations Nancy. I am new here and have my first IP consultation May 1st and officially start May 2nd. Hope to see you around.

Hi Jo,

I remember my anticipation of my first consultation. At times I couldn't wait and then I would get nervous because I wasn't sure. I'm so glad I finally got started and am on the program. The Ideal Protein threads are a wealth of information....great place to hang out. I subscribe to the 100% philosophy so I plan to hang out there a lot, but will read all the other informative threads.

walkernjh 04-26-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4991925)
My vide came late today. It always throws of my morning routine! Trying to have DH watch but he won't. He is adjusting pretty well. No complaints yet, but lots of sarcasm when he sends texts over his lunch time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainemum (Post 4992056)
Awesome. I seem to have more energy since ketosis started. I actually dusted off my bike last week, and went for a ride with my youngest. I also have exercise induced asthma, but I lasted over 20 minutes! The last time that I tried to ride my bike I was wheezing by the end of the driveway. Amazing what a small weight loss can do for your body, isn't it? :D

My coach also said that I can add either an extra packet or a hardboiled egg after a light workout if I need it. I haven't needed it, but good to have the option.

Hurrah for looser clothes! Keep it up!

Thanks Mainemum - you too!

walkernjh 04-26-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4991962)
I have had a great week and keep seeing that scale creep down. I should wait until Sun to weigh in but it's inspiring to keep seeing progress. I did have one rough emotional day but I had just reposted to someone earlier in the week about the havoc this plays on your hormones too -- forgot my own advice! I'm trying not to make a "big deal" of pointing out to others that I'm on IP and we've had loads of treat days at work. Today was "salad day" so I was so excited... and then it turns out everyone made a salad with dressing: Caesar, broccoli bacon with mayo, pasta salad .... thank goodness for the lone veggie tray. I was elected to bring the buns and butter (really?) so I didn't bring my salad. I may have eaten every snap pea and celery stick in the room trying to avoid the creamy salads! ... sigh... next salad day I bring lettuce just in case!

Sounds like a tough workday with all the off program salads around. I find it funny what people will classify as a salad.....good job staying the course.

I haven't had any emotional days yet but have had two days of feeling very, very, tired. Just went to bed early and tried to get some extra sleep. I feel great today!

lisa32989 04-26-2014 07:42 AM

walkernjh
I love your description of Leelenau peninsula!
Are you in Leland?
My parents live across the bay, just north of elk rapids, on GTB. I'm there the whole month of July (headed up in 67 days)
My mom did IP too. Her clinic was in ER.

mainemum 04-26-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4991962)

I have learned that some people have a loose interpretation of the word salad. I organize lots of potlucks, and I am now very specific with my questions. "What are you bringing?" has become "what are the ingredients of the dish that you're bringing?" I learned this the hard way - I had one woman bring a green jello/pistachio pudding dish when I asked her to make a "green salad". Another person told me that she was bringing a fruit salad, and her dish contained only diced apples, Cool Whip, and diced Snickers bars!

I'm glad you found something that you could eat. You're smart to be planning ahead for next time!

Joanne421 04-26-2014 01:30 PM

I started 4/21

I am a 1st timer on the Ideal Protein diet. I am following the diet exactly including vitamins and water. My 1st week is ok so far. I've had a couple hard days. Today I have a cramp in my stomach which is very annoying!
How are you doing?

ChoosingHappy 04-26-2014 01:39 PM

Hi, I started IP on Thursday, April 24th. I was a little discouraged at how heavy I was for the weigh in, as I had been avoiding a scale... but I know I needed that reality check and so far so good these first few days. I'm not weighing myself at home, which has took away a lot of stress normally take on when wanting to lose weight. Anyway. I am glad to see a thread with people who started around the same time. I hope we can check in with eachother in the future...

noquery 04-26-2014 01:57 PM

Hi there, I started IP April 14th and lost 6.8lbs in a week.. This coming up wednesday is my second WI.. can't wait!! I found so much info on this forum.. does anyone know where to put our ticker link here in the forum? i can't find the signature page?

Ruth Ann 04-26-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noquery (Post 4992347)
Hi there, I started IP April 14th and lost 6.8lbs in a week.. This coming up wednesday is my second WI.. can't wait!! I found so much info on this forum.. does anyone know where to put our ticker link here in the forum? i can't find the signature page?

Congrats on your loss - that's super!

You have to be a member 20 days and have 20 posts before you get a ticker or be able to PM people.

ChipnDip 04-26-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noquery (Post 4992347)

You haven't posted enough yet. Look on the first page of daily chat and it explains it all.

noquery 04-26-2014 02:08 PM

Thanks Ruth Ann! i guess i just have to wait :)

ChipnDip 04-26-2014 02:09 PM

DH is a little discouraged. He has only lost 3 pounds and WI day is Monday. I'm wondering if he is using too much mio, or if he really needs 5 packets being over 250 or since we had some fat free ham last night that he is retaining water. I hope something changes in two days or it will. E hard to keep him OP. I've asked that he commits for three weeks.

cooluu 04-26-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoosingHappy (Post 4992334)
Hi, I started IP on Thursday, April 24th. I was a little discouraged at how heavy I was for the weigh in, as I had been avoiding a scale... but I know I needed that reality check and so far so good these first few days. I'm not weighing myself at home, which has took away a lot of stress normally take on when wanting to lose weight. Anyway. I am glad to see a thread with people who started around the same time. I hope we can check in with eachother in the future...

That's how I felt when I had my first weigh in. I've now had two and looking forward to seeing what my third is going to be! I've worked hard and just like the scale showing it.

JLUS 04-26-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4992355)
DH is a little discouraged. He has only lost 3 pounds and WI day is Monday. I'm wondering if he is using too much mio, or if he really needs 5 packets being over 250 or since we had some fat free ham last night that he is retaining water. I hope something changes in two days or it will. E hard to keep him OP. I've asked that he commits for three weeks.

It really could be a combo of all of those things.

Is he also drinking all his water, eating all four cups of vegetables and 8 oz meat (both measured raw) and adding his oils?

Of course you can't watch him all the time, so hopefully he is staying the course!

IP43 04-26-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4992355)

I don't know how much over 250 he is but I am 230 (well not anymore :carrot: and only use 3 packets) The salt in the ham could be a factor too. And yes, some people react to the mio. Is he drinking enough water?
I hope he sticks with it, but the important thing is that YOU stick with it. Your healthier eating is going to rub off on him anyway so he will get healthier if he eats lean meat and veggies with you. He'll also see that it DOES work through your success. We're each our own keeper. If he wants to succeed and lose weight, he will. If you have to do it all for him, he won't keep the weight off.
Let's hope for good numbers to keep him motivated but if the scale doesn't do it, I know YOU will be a good motivator for him. He just doesn't know it yet! :hug:

ChipnDip 04-27-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4992607)
I don't know how much over 250 he is but I am 230 (well not anymore :carrot: and only use 3 packets) The salt in the ham could be a factor too. And yes, some people react to the mio. Is he drinking enough water?
I hope he sticks with it, but the important thing is that YOU stick with it. Your healthier eating is going to rub off on him anyway so he will get healthier if he eats lean meat and veggies with you. He'll also see that it DOES work through your success. We're each our own keeper. If he wants to succeed and lose weight, he will. If you have to do it all for him, he won't keep the weight off.
Let's hope for good numbers to keep him motivated but if the scale doesn't do it, I know YOU will be a good motivator for him. He just doesn't know it yet! :hug:

I do worry that I am enabling him. I know his food is spot on as he only eats what I give him. Water is the only thing he is completely in charge of and I know he isn't always taking the vitamins even though I remind him. I was. Ad for that at the beginning too as I wasn't used to taking pills. We went out for dinner last night with another couple and he stayed on plan without complaining.

I'm not stopping regardless of what he does. His buddy is doing Atkins which I know he has Lost weightbwith in the past but it didn't say off! It's definitely easier to follow but there is no maintenance plan and hat high fat cannot be good for you.

IP43 04-27-2014 09:35 AM

Well overall it's good that you're both in a mindset of wanting to get healthier and that's the main thing. My hubby is trying to lose weight too, but he's doing almost a high carb thing. I don't even try to cook for him, other than putting potatoes or rice on if I happen to be cooking. I made my cauliflower rice last night and everyone else had regular. No one even noticed until my son went to snack on the leftover rice and went "Ew...what IS this stuff??"... hee hee -- get your paws of my cauliflower little man!:devil:

Deepblue 04-30-2014 12:32 AM

How are you doing?

Hello April 21sties! How are you doing? My first WI was 4.4 yay! I am very happy since I had the TOM at the same time:dizzy:...
I feel I can do this time. I thought my family was not going to support me since I started a million diets but they are really encouraging me ( they all are skinny and fit ) I can't wait to reach the end , I feel like I'm caught in a body that does not belong to me, I don't know..it's kind of weird.

I hope you all are doing great!:hug:

ChipnDip 05-01-2014 08:26 AM

Day 11 for DH and he has only lost 1 pound. He has been a trooper but is giving up IP and I can't say I blame him

ChoosingHappy 06-04-2014 05:18 PM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooluu (Post 4992602)
That's how I felt when I had my first weigh in. I've now had two and looking forward to seeing what my third is going to be! I've worked hard and just like the scale showing it.

Thanks, I just saw this. I have been enjoying weigh in a little more now as well :)