Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #31  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Morning,

Here is a first for me. I brought my own dinner to a restaurant! My DH celebrated his birthday and chose a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I looked on line before going, the food looked yummy but nothing IPPhase 1 or that could be modified. So I cut up veggies and heated up lean meatballs and when their dinner arrived I pulled my out. My bro in law and his wife were there and our kids so enough meals were ordered that no one seemed to care what I did. I was going to say allergies or gluten free in the wait staff asked

It felt great to take control, plan, and be successful.
GREAT solution! Kudos to you!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #32  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Today's official weigh in day... down 3.7lbs from last week. Hopefully I can keep it up at this rate I will meet onederland by June!!!!! Which isn't that far away... oh to go on my vacation and be in wonderland...
Fabulous! Congrats!!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #33  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
A few NSVs for today: Went over a friend's house Friday night, and she had wine and a campfire with S'mores. I drank my Mio lemondae and ate my Quest bar. It felt good to successfully navigate that first social situation. Second, it's been 3 full weeks since I started IP (with alternatives) and I have been 100% OP. I have NEVER been able to do that on a diet before. My first mini goal is to weigh less than my husband...second mini goal is to see a "1" as the first number on the scale.

Weighed in this morning...down 5.7 this week.
Yay! What a positivity-packed post! Great job on the campfire event. Wonderful. And congrats on 3 weeks OP. In my experience, it gets easier and easier to stay 100% as you get yourself through situations like that campfire, so you are doing great!

I SO get wanting to weigh less than your husband. That was my first (secret) goal, too. Now I weigh less than my 13 y/o son! I was just about exploding to tell someone that one -- but wouldn't tell them since I don't share specific numbers with anyone but my 3FC forum. You are well on your way -- no doubt you will be crossing those goals off soon enough! Good job!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Jenny38 - Thank you!

drd1961 - Thank you! And congrats on that bathing suit? I get even more pleasure out of looser fitting clothes that the #s on the scale!

bluegingham - Thank you! Congrats on the invitation to speak! Keep up the awesome work!

Ruth Ann - Thank you!

MellyIP - Thank you! And I agree, smelling pizza in the break room at work is the only thing that reeeeally tempts me. Darn cheese!

danilynn - Thank you!

cschmandt - Thank you so much!

AmberLS - Congrats on a great loss!!!

[B]schenectady[B] - Thank you!! I love both of those designers! My mom recently wore a Tadashi to my cousin's wedding...they are so flattering! I have no doubts you will be ROCKIN that 10 come October!

MarylandMom - Great job staying OP around s'mores! Quest bars help me feel like I am not "depriving" myself too!! Congrats on an amazing loss!!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #35  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling pretty proud, and it was boosted by my five year old a few minutes ago... "mom I think you're pants are way too big, it looks like they are stretched out or something" rotfl... from the mouths of babes, and it's no longer words that make me cringe!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

Congratulations to everyone! You are all such great inspiration

I have been on IP since January, as of this mornings weigh in, I'm down a total of 37lbs and 37.25 inches. And feeling fabulous

I was wondering when did any of you start shopping for a different size in clothing. My jeans fit, altho baggy, but Im worried that my mind will play dirty tricks on me if I go and try on a smaller size and find that it doesnt fit comfortably etc. Another mental obstacle. Any advice?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallytime View Post

I have been on IP since January, as of this mornings weigh in, I'm down a total of 37lbs and 37.25 inches. And feeling fabulous

I was wondering when did any of you start shopping for a different size in clothing. My jeans fit, altho baggy, but Im worried that my mind will play dirty tricks on me if I go and try on a smaller size and find that it doesnt fit comfortably etc. Another mental obstacle. Any advice?

Congrats on your loss! (I crack up every time I write that...we are so used to saying "I'm so sorry for your loss" to someone!).

By the way, I LOVE your user name!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 232/225/165

Height: 5' 4"

Default IP Newbie - Day 6

Hi everyone! I've been trolling these threads for a long time and thought I'd introduce myself. I started IP with alternative products last Tuesday. So far, so good! I've been feeling energetic, and had some great success with self control out at restaurants this weekend. I'm down a total of 6lbs. I'm just starting to get hungry, it feels a little late in the game for that. Any recommendations on how to curb my appetite? IP materials say that in rare cases the hunger will subside after 6-7 days - anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #39  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpockette View Post
Hi everyone! I've been trolling these threads for a long time and thought I'd introduce myself. I started IP with alternative products last Tuesday. So far, so good! I've been feeling energetic, and had some great success with self control out at restaurants this weekend. I'm down a total of 6lbs. I'm just starting to get hungry, it feels a little late in the game for that. Any recommendations on how to curb my appetite? IP materials say that in rare cases the hunger will subside after 6-7 days - anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
Here's what I've experienced, after the initial hunger that passed quickly I also find myself feeling famished when I'm about to start my cycle (which since on IP has been all over the place and happens pretty much once every two weeks). So anyway maybe your TOM is coming and you don't know it, which is a good sign since it means you're burning off fat and the hormones stored in it.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:

Congratulations on your progress! Glad that you are feeling fabulous I say go for the new size. Kohl's has been pretty friendly for reasonable priced "on the way down" clothes. You may be surprised by what fits. I think our minds take longer to adjust to the changes in our bodies.

Quote:

Thanks!
I have had on and off hungry times throughout my 6 months on IP. My best survival tip is to drink hot tea or eat a pickle. Breaking up my protein to 2 oz at lunch and 6 at dinner really helped too. Congrats on your great start!

Sunflower, your dress is gorgeous. You are a beautiful bride
Old 04-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Thanks!
It took me 2 full weeks before the ravenous hunger subsided. Now I am mostly just "normal" hungry for meal times, with the occasional extra hungry day every now and then. Congrats on the 6 lb. loss!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 198/174/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:

Congrats on the loss!!!

You are doing awesome!!!

You are an inspiration as well!!!

Cheryl

Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post

I have had on and off hungry times throughout my 6 months on IP. My best survival tip is to drink hot tea or eat a pickle. Breaking up my protein to 2 oz at lunch and 6 at dinner really helped too. Congrats on your great start!
Thanks Slipfree! I've got a hot cup of tea by my side right now. I appreciate the tips!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Here's what I've experienced, after the initial hunger that passed quickly I also find myself feeling famished when I'm about to start my cycle (which since on IP has been all over the place and happens pretty much once every two weeks). So anyway maybe your TOM is coming and you don't know it, which is a good sign since it means you're burning off fat and the hormones stored in it.
AmberLS, now that you mention it, I think I am coming up on my TOM. It sounds like a reasonable explanation. Phew! I won't worry then. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #45  

Height: 5'4"

Snflowr816-Beautiful dress-I will be the mother of the groom later this month- April 26! I am so glad I am smaller and out of plus sizes-my dress is in alterations!

RuthAnn-I love your tip yesterday about adding eggs to tuna!
Closed Thread