Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 4/14/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #2  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Morning!

Starting a new chapter today. Wish me luck! Have a great day, all!

~Renee
Old 04-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Monday!

Good morning! It's supposed to be a BEAUTIFUL day up here in Boston....highs in the mid-70s! I'm going to take full advantage and take the dog to the beach and attempt some yard work (lots of sticks and leaves to clean up!)

Yesterday my future MIL and I went shopping for her Mother of the Groom dress for our wedding. It was fun to have some alone time together to do some wedding things and I even had the chance to re-try on my gown (the sample at the store). It's amazing how differently the same dress fits since January!! This is a sample size 10 and she had to clip it to stay up!

Image 22.jpg

Image 20.jpg
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning ALL IPers! Looking forward to hearing from everyone...

Maybe we can collect some NSVs (Non Scale Victories) today from everyone and really set our motivation ON FIRE!!!

NSV - time for another shopping trip... none of my spring clothing fit (waaaaaaaaay toooooo biiiiiiiig)!!!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning,

Here is a first for me. I brought my own dinner to a restaurant! My DH celebrated his birthday and chose a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I looked on line before going, the food looked yummy but nothing IPPhase 1 or that could be modified. So I cut up veggies and heated up lean meatballs and when their dinner arrived I pulled my out. My bro in law and his wife were there and our kids so enough meals were ordered that no one seemed to care what I did. I was going to say allergies or gluten free in the wait staff asked

It felt great to take control, plan, and be successful.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Good Morning ALL IPers! Looking forward to hearing from everyone...

Maybe we can collect some NSVs (Non Scale Victories) today from everyone and really set our motivation ON FIRE!!!

NSV - time for another shopping trip... none of my spring clothing fit (waaaaaaaaay toooooo biiiiiiiig)!!!!!
That's the best feeling!!! Have fun shopping for some cute stuff!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Sunflwr-
Beautiful wedding dress. Your gorgeous, congratulations on your wedding.

Jlus- way to go, happy shopping.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Morning,

Here is a first for me. I brought my own dinner to a restaurant! My DH celebrated his birthday and chose a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I looked on line before going, the food looked yummy but nothing IPPhase 1 or that could be modified. So I cut up veggies and heated up lean meatballs and when their dinner arrived I pulled my out. My bro in law and his wife were there and our kids so enough meals were ordered that no one seemed to care what I did. I was going to say allergies or gluten free in the wait staff asked

It felt great to take control, plan, and be successful.
I would certainly say THAT is an NSV!!

Way to plan ahead and NOT let anything derail your determination to be successful!!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

sunflwr so beautiful!

Jenny, way to handle a difficult situation! Fajitas are about the best thing in a Mexican restaurent(without the tortillas), but they are heavy on fats. Mexican is hard and really does not make me feel very good.

I brought one of my smaller tankinis this weekend to wear in the hotel hottub. It was too big!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #10  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Sunflwr...so beautiful!
Jlus...so different to go shopping now; isn't it?
Jen...so much willpower is exciting! I, too, bring my food to restaurants. Haven't had an issue.

My NSV is that I went to check out a new clinic/coach that's affiliated with my doctor; they are awesome so I'm switching... yay! They were so impressed with my progress, planning, and enthusiasm about IP, that they asked me to speak at an info session! Wow; me a role model for weight loss! Made my day!

My new coach & I talked about the positive support & ideas on 3 Chicks, too!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
Sunflwr...so beautiful!
Jlus...so different to go shopping now; isn't it?
Jen...so much willpower is exciting! I, too, bring my food to restaurants. Haven't had an issue.

My NSV is that I went to check out a new clinic/coach that's affiliated with my doctor; they are awesome so I'm switching... yay! They were so impressed with my progress, planning, and enthusiasm about IP, that they asked me to speak at an info session! Wow; me a role model for weight loss! Made my day!

My new coach & I talked about the positive support & ideas on 3 Chicks, too!
AWESOME that your IP journey can be an inspiration to others!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:15 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

ReenHag - good luck!

sunflwr816 - that is a gorgeous dress, you are going to be a beautiful bride!

JLUS - have fun shopping! I have to do the same, all the spring stuff I saved from last year look silly on me now!

Jenny38 - way to plan ahead! And you're right, nobody really seems to care what other people eat, do they?

drd1961 - guess you get to go shopping too! I have yet to have the courage to try on a bathing suit. Maybe soon.

bluegingham - that's great that you're switching to a clinic you feel more comfortable with! You'll be a great motivator - you've done so well. Congrats!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #13  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone!! I'm going to have to start getting up earlier so that I can get my daily intake of positivity and inspiration before facing everyone at work. There's so much fast food that comes into the lunch room and leftovers from meetings - but I'm finally at the point that it doesn't really bother me! Yay for no cravings - but let's face it, pizza will always smell good haha.
Suflwr your dress is beautiful!! Great NSV!
Jenny! That is amazing! I wish I could have done that at the wedding I went to two weeks ago - but I was in it so carrying veggies all day would have been pretty difficult - I ended up not eating until the sirloin came for dinner. My brothers were happy though, they got to have my extra potatoes and dessert!
Have a good day everyone
Old 04-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #14  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Default Beck's morning motivation

April 14, 2014 - Monday Motivation

It’s helpful to make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight and read it every single day, and also whenever your motivation lags. Remind yourself that while losing weight is hard (some of the time), the benefits you’ll get as a result are SO WORTH IT (all of the time). It’s worth it to push past the momentary lack of motivation and not let it stand in the way of reaching your goals.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #15  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Default Cleaned out the fat clothes

My NSV was taking a load of fat clothes out of the closet.

I am parting with black Seven jeans in size 12. They were my first designer jeans and I got them from a thrift store. I haven't found any tens that fit me yet but the larger 12s have gone. Most size 12s are comfy.

Ditched the size Large yoga pants. Those puppies stretched so much I could wear them when up 30+ pounds. Stretch pants are EVIL.
Closed Thread