Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I had a 'fun weekend' the other weekend when we were camping but am now back on plan. I always feel so much better eating protein and vegies and fewer healthy carbs. My tummy is better and my energy is better. I am definately less bloated and even my skin is clearer. Such a healthy way to eat!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #197  

Congrads Ishbel! You will love having a daughter! They are precious!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
I had a 'fun weekend' the other weekend when we were camping but am now back on plan. I always feel so much better eating protein and vegies and fewer healthy carbs. My tummy is better and my energy is better. I am definately less bloated and even my skin is clearer. Such a healthy way to eat!
Hi T: Say a big hello to Pam & Josh when they get back to GP if I don't see them at the hall Thursday night.
Liana
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi T: Say a big hello to Pam & Josh when they get back to GP if I don't see them at the hall Thursday night.
Liana
Ok! I will definitely do that liana! Take care!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #200  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
I'm with you Hawaii! I ended up doing pretty much a P2 day yesterday and was down 2 lbs this morning - yeah me!

I think what confused me is that I really expected yesterday to be up and feeling bad after the fun meal, but I didn't - felt like I might have had too much sodium but that's it. I really think I am going to have to watch myself and make sure I don't get into the mindset of "well, it didn't effect me last time so I can do more of it this time" - if that makes sense.

As 65 said in another thread, maintenance is harder than losing!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #201  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

RuthAnn: I am glad you did not gain from your fun meal and even went down. It is good to eat conservatively the next day, even if it did not show up on the scale. Sometimes I have gone down the next day but have gone up the day after.

Here are some reflections:

Am I Really Keeping these 100 pounds off? Enjoying Healthy Habits.

There is a sense of unreality at times in maintenance. As I head into my 3rd summer of maintenance, I tell myself, "You are really are doing this. You really are keeping this weight off." This is the most self confident and stable that I have felt in years or perhaps ever.

My views on things have changed. I realize that I have started to enjoy my healthy habits. They have become a part of my life.
When I was losing my weight, I purposely began an exercise regime with the goal of burning calories, not for enjoyment. Now I find that I really like to walk or workout at the gym. I also find that exercise is the best way for me to feel happier and to work off stress.

When I was losing weight I started to eat more vegetables and lean protein. I did not like vegetables nor plain lean protein very much. Over the years I discovered ethnic spicy cooking. I have found a whole new world of vegetable dishes. I am now eating them because I enjoy them.

A consideration is that the skills developed in maintenance, serve as tools for other aspects of your life. I think this is true. The strength you develop from overcoming an addiction, gives you strength in facing other challenges in life. I know that I am happier and more self confident is many more areas of my life, outside of health. I have lost that depression and despair that accompanied obesity.

Last, as I continue to maintain, I continue to value the online support. It is another healthy habit.
So, yes, I really am keeping those 100 pounds off and I am going to continue to enjoy my healthy habits.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #202  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thank you Maile! Your great wisdom and perspective are much appreciated and help clarify in my mind what I am feeling.

I know I can do this - I just lost 120+ pounds, I can do anything! But new eating habits, even if I really am enjoying them, can be scary and there's always this little voice in the back of my mind doubting that I can maintain the loss. A little self-doubt might be a good thing - help keep me in check!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #203  

Maile: Thanks so much for your insight, and it really makes sense. Our body craves healthy food and to feel good. And I've come to hate feeling 'bloated'. Its so uncomfortable. Just a few days of healthy eating and the bloating disapears! And you are right, exercise does so much for a person. I call it my therapy.

Ruth Ann, its so true. A person has to realize that while there is more freedom on maintenance, the same rules apply. I am learning that still. I am happy to say the lbs from not making great choices have gone. Now to keep it where it is! Herb tea was my friend on the diet especially at night and its definately helping me in maintenance.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #204  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
When it's like that for me, I just do a P1 breakfast and lunch and reg maint dinner. Seems to work OK so far - I don't usually do a whole day of "Fun", since I'm usually satisfied with just a specific meal that I have been wanting that isn't smart for maintenance.
Tell us what you decided and how it goes...
That's what I do as well. I never do a full 'fun' day. I think it would make me sick if I did! LOL. But after weekends like the last one with lots of smoked babyback ribs and red wine, I do a modified P1/P2 day to get things back to normal.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #205  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Okay - you guys can laugh at me. Went in for bi-weekly weigh in. Freaked when the scale said 136. Coach looks at me & says "Ruth Ann, you're up 6 ounces in 2 weeks - get a grip!" That's what I get for never paying attention to anything after the 1st 3 numbers!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #206  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Ishbel,
So happy to hear that you have a daughter and that all went well! I was wondering if the baby arrived yet! Enjoy every moment! I just spent a few days with one of my daughters and HER twin 3-yr old daughters! Life is a wonderful journey!

Thanks for your words, Maille!

RuthAnn, you can do this!

I'm doing fine. Still on my P1 reboot, although over the weekend I did P2. Did not gain nor lose, so now I will continue to get the last 5 pounds off. I had gained 15 and am down 10. It feels great to take care of this now, at the beginning of summer- and before it gets out of hand. My summer clothes are fitting now and I'm excited that the pool is now open so I can resume swimming once these rains cease.

Warm hellos to you all!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #207  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I'm here! Oh my...congrats on your little girl Ishbel! That is so exciting, my own baby Payton is 8 mo now, time flies when your snuggling! I am so happy for you!

Last edited by LizRR; 05-28-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:44 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I have been checking in here every once in a while to see if Isbel had good news; finally, wonderful news!!! Congratulations and enjoy this special time.
And so good to see that other special mommy popping in too. Great to see you Liz!

Maile, I hope your end of year is going well. We go right to the last day in June, but I am better on top of all my paperwork this year than most years at this time. I saw that you are planning to visit Vancouver this summer. If possible I would suggest trying to get to Victoria too, one of my very favorite cities. I went to Portland OR last month for a few days and really liked that too.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:47 AM   #209  

Random thoughts I've been having...

Its weird when you stop losing weight (at least for me) that you start feeling like you're GAINING, even when you're not. It's been like my body was so used to dropping weight, it became the norm and it feels weird to not be losing.

I keep telling myself I've gained all this weight w/o scale knowledge. This whole tyroid thing has made me scale phobic again b/c my weight can really jump around and I don't take it well.

But you know what? My smallest clothes fit.
Things I bought for the summer fit.
I'm not buying new, bigger sizes.

Someday my head will catch up. In the meantime, I think I'll read some of the books Malle has suggested. I've kept a list. And work on accepting the huge scale fluctuations. It's just gonna be part of it for me for a while. I need to get used to it.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #210  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Random thoughts I've been having...

Its weird when you stop losing weight (at least for me) that you start feeling like you're GAINING, even when you're not. It's been like my body was so used to dropping weight, it became the norm and it feels weird to not be losing.

I keep telling myself I've gained all this weight w/o scale knowledge. This whole tyroid thing has made me scale phobic again b/c my weight can really jump around and I don't take it well.

But you know what? My smallest clothes fit.
Things I bought for the summer fit.
I'm not buying new, bigger sizes.

Someday my head will catch up. In the meantime, I think I'll read some of the books Malle has suggested. I've kept a list. And work on accepting the huge scale fluctuations. It's just gonna be part of it for me for a while. I need to get used to it.
You aren't alone Lisa because I've been feeling the same way, I'll go into panic mode thinking all the weight is coming back on. I texted my coach the other day about it. She told me to go more by my measurements then the scale as I'm exercising now. And she's right, my measurements are staying pretty much the same and my clothes are feeling good. Sometimes I just need that reassurance!
Closed Thread