3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294744-maintainers-vol-14-a.html)

Ruth Ann 06-26-2014 07:43 AM

Good morning! Glad to see everyone is doing well!

Almost through the move - I'm exhausted. Big push today to get things finished up and then the movers come tomorrow - who scheduled ALL the movers for the same day? Oh yeah, that was me. The furniture movers, the computer movers, the phone movers and the copier movers. Good thing I figured out the art of being in two places at one time!

I was so beat when I got home last night I almost said "let's just hit the drive through" for dinner. But I was proud of myself - everything was already prepped for dinner so it was just a matter of putting it together. Big difference for me - before I would have just given myself an excuse to eat whatever I wanted since I was tired, now I want to eat in a way that fuels my body without me getting all bloated and gross feeling.

evemomma - I started with my goal at 150 but when I got there I just kept going, guess I knew I wasn't done yet. I actually knew that 150 was too much but I had no idea how I'd feel when I got there - but I like to leave my ticker at a 150 goal just because it tickles me to get the "you've passed your goal" message. See how you feel at 135 and if it's right for you. I lost in P2/P3 and a little right after starting maintenance.

Hawaii69 06-26-2014 09:12 AM

Way to go Ruth Ann! You are doing great! I find when I get tired, thats when I grab whatever. Being tired is one of my biggest challenges with weight gain, I seem to crave those bad carbs. So, I'm working on that, this plan has helped me to see that its not that difficult to have healthy food ready and on hand and how much better I feel when I eat good food. I find that I now crave protein more and that I'm more satisfied when I'm eaten it. I continue to work on this in maintenance and am happy to see that my better choices are resulting in a healthier and slimmer me!

evemomma; I think all of us have had that same question. Whats the number I'll be happy at on the scale? I know I did, and I even panicked a couple times when I reached my number wondering if I lost enough. What has helped me is that my coach emphasized to keep measuring especially since I am exercising a lot. And notice how my clothes are feeling, too tight? just right? I lost through all phases but did put a few lbs on in maintenance, my measurements are good though. You will know when you get there!

SylviesGirl 06-26-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 5030246)
THanks all for the advice!!!! I had my slowest loss yet this week and imagine that it will not speed up the closer I get -so it's good to keep 135 as my goal in mind! I really think that is a realistic weight for me and in the 'healthy bmi' range. I am looking forward to adding exercise and really need to find a starting point that won't slow my weight loss in P1. Gotta get myself TONED!!!!

I was going through the same analysis that you are right now about a month ago. I was very unsure of when to begin phasing off, especially when trying to account for the 3 - 5 lb potential gain. I never gained those lbs. I continued to lose through P2. I finally hit a number that just said "stop" to me, though, of course, if another 5 lbs happened to fall off of me, I'd be okay with that. I was mindful, though, of starting out at too low and unrealistic of a number. The less you weigh, the less you can eat to maintain it. Anyway, I initially bumped up 2 lbs on P3 and freaked out a little, but it has come back off and I am sitting on the initial "low" number again. I'm almost through my first week of maintenance. So, in summary, I lost a bit in P2, but stayed the same after that. HTH.

Ruth Ann 06-26-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii69 (Post 5030571)
Way to go Ruth Ann! You are doing great! I find when I get tired, thats when I grab whatever. Being tired is one of my biggest challenges with weight gain, I seem to crave those bad carbs. So, I'm working on that, this plan has helped me to see that its not that difficult to have healthy food ready and on hand and how much better I feel when I eat good food. I find that I now crave protein more and that I'm more satisfied when I'm eaten it. I continue to work on this in maintenance and am happy to see that my better choices are resulting in a healthier and slimmer me!

Thanks Hawaii! I find if I make sure to get at least 20g of protein in the morning I really do better all day. Now, if I could just kick the caffeine habit... :D

joysh 06-27-2014 11:15 AM

OK! Back to P3 and Maintenance, after my 6-week reboot. It was a success and this morning I had my first P3 (normal) breakfast.

It was almost as hard to eat this as it was the first time, even though that was 9 months on P1 and this time I had 6 weeks. P1 is just so safe and easy. But I feel great and fit my into my summer clothes, even though I could still lose 3 more pounds... :)

Happy to be back! Have a great day, everyone!

canadjineh 06-27-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5030599)
Now, if I could just kick the caffeine habit... :D

Not necessarily needed:
Quote: http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=6254
"As evidenced by the studies described above, examining the health effects of coffee has become an exciting area of research. Although most of this work focuses on associations with neuropsychiatric, cardiovascular, and malignant disease, newer studies are branching out even further to study, for instance, the effects of coffee on the risk of developing type 2 diabetes or osteoporosis, or its effects on the gut microbiome. While at this point it seems that there may be a slight overall benefit from drinking coffee, it is important to realize that most of the existing literature recommends consumption in moderation, or no more than 2-3 cups per day. Regardless, further research needs to be done in order to more clearly understand the exact health risks and benefits of drinking coffee."

Overall review of peer reviewed scientific studies :coffee2:

Just don't drink the whole pot, Ruth Ann ;)

Liana

Ruth Ann 06-28-2014 08:05 AM

Congrats joysh! Hooray for summer clothes that fit!

canadjineh - thanks for the link. But when they say 2 to 3 cups they mean human sized ones, right? Not the nice big latte cups I'm currently using? I am trying to cut down on my coffee, it's just taking awhile.

Maile 06-28-2014 11:10 AM

Canadjineh: I liked reading that article. I am not giving up up coffee!

RuthAnn: Nice job on staying on track..while tired from moving. Planning ahead on food is so helpful. Evey now and then I have a skinny latte and don't have yogurt that morning.

Joysh: Enjoy those p3 breakfasts. You deserve them after weeks on P1!

Hawaii69: It was hard to leave Hawaii. I wish it was cheaper to fly there! Protein is a big help in maintenance.

Slyviesgirl..way to go on week one of maintenance!

Evemomma: I went lower than my goal. I think the advice to look at inches and to see how your clothes fit is good.

I am back from my trip with one pound under goal. This is good as I did not want to work off up pounds. Now to clean my house which is a mess from me being gone! Thank goodness my flowers are still alive.

evemomma 06-28-2014 11:27 AM

Thanks thanks thanks ladies for great advice! I have put off buying clothes as long as possible...just a few thrift store pick ups. Whoever mentioned (in another thread) that smaller sizes have less difference is so right. I was tight in size 14 when I started...replaced them about two weeks ago and am already saggy/baggy again! I have hit a mental barrier hoing through my closet yesterday...I was having such a hard time getting rid of my clothes. I don't think it's fear of weight gain - more like my brain hasn't caught up with my figure. I think I need to try on a bunch of them to prove to myself they really ARE too big!

SylviesGirl 06-28-2014 01:12 PM

Hawaii -- I, too, find that protein is very important to me. It is the key to me feeling satisfied and steady.

Maile -- Welcome home and with no up pounds. You are just amazing!

Ruth -- Good going on getting through the madness without succumbing to it.

Liana -- I like to hear good things about coffee. I just wish I could enjoy it without sweetener. I will take that on someday, but not right now.

Joysh -- I just love the P3 breakfasts and am still having them. I see no end in sight to that, either. Yum.

Well, 1 week of maintenance in and I weigh less than when I started. How the heck is that possible??? I am just in awe that I can eat like a normal person and not continuously gain. I'm serious. I am giddy with joy. I so enjoy every bite of food these days and feel like, if I am getting that much enjoyment, I must be gaining -- but no! Amazing.

I had one meal this week that was not to my liking -- potluck boy scout picnic. Boy, it was pasta-salad city. I stuck to 1 hamburger on 1/2 a bun and watermelon. The watermelon was so good, but I resented the cold, dry hamburger. These days, I have come to take care with my food and really enjoy every bite -- I hadn't realized that until the cold hamburger. I could have had another, but opted for another piece of watermelon and left it at that. I'm not going to waste calories on stuff that's not good anymore.

canadjineh 06-28-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylviesGirl (Post 5031791)

Well, 1 week of maintenance in and I weigh less than when I started. How the heck is that possible??? I am just in awe that I can eat like a normal person and not continuously gain. I'm serious. I am giddy with joy. I so enjoy every bite of food these days and feel like, if I am getting that much enjoyment, I must be gaining -- but no! Amazing.

I had one meal this week that was not to my liking -- potluck boy scout picnic. Boy, it was pasta-salad city. I stuck to 1 hamburger on 1/2 a bun and watermelon. The watermelon was so good, but I resented the cold, dry hamburger. These days, I have come to take care with my food and really enjoy every bite -- I hadn't realized that until the cold hamburger. I could have had another, but opted for another piece of watermelon and left it at that. I'm not going to waste calories on stuff that's not good anymore.

I'm still giddy with joy too, 4 months into maintenance...and all the yummy food - today was my fat lunch, lol. Brown mushrooms fried in butter & EVOO mix with green onions, flash fried matchstick cut yellow pepper, then topped with hand shredded mozzarella, alongside half an avocado, and a Habanero Pepperoni stick. Seriously melt in your mouth. Oh yeah, I topped the avocado with fresh ground maple bacon pepper from Epicure (you Canadian ladies will know what I'm talkin' about!)

Your picnic sounds positively UGH, Sylvies... sounds like a carb lunch, so maybe you could have topped the burger with pickles, relish, mustard & ketchup (all carbs no fats), some tomato & lettuce then you wouldn't have had to eat it dry :p

Good going to stay on your plan, though! At least you are not dumping cream into your coffee... the ex-sweetener days will come, lol. Try using just a bit less (even half) what you normally use in a cup for a month, then cut it even further, just putting in a few grains or a drop for another month, then voila... Tall, dark, and strong...just the way I like em'.

Ruth Ann :nono: no drinking coffee out of soup bowls, lol. ;)

Liana

Ruth Ann 06-30-2014 09:27 AM

SylviesGirl - yeah for you for making good choices at the picnic! I'm with you, I hate wasting calories on things that aren't as good as they should be.

Maile - welcome back! Glad your weight is down and flowers are up!

canadjineh - LOL! I actually was camping once and someone forgot the coffee cups. I drank coffee from a cereal bowl. I'm nothing if not dedicated.

I am so sore and tired today and I still have to finish cleaning out the old office and cleaning it. Then I get to get busy setting up the new place (because apparently no one can read a diagram or the boxes that say where everything goes). Scale showed up 2 lbs but I suspect it is muscle inflammation (I HURT and have bruises in the oddest spots) and sodium. This was serious physical work but so glad I wasn't trying to do it 120 lbs ago!

Did take yesterday off to go to the ballgame and totally ignored my phone (turned it off, scandalous I know) and had a great time.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

LizRR 07-01-2014 11:56 PM

Ishbel....I am in love! What a sweet baby!

Maile 07-02-2014 09:27 AM

Hi Lizrr: Hope you are enjoying summer with your two children!

Ishbel: Heidi is adorable. What a cute baby! Good for you exercising.

Ruthann..You have been busy with that move and sore muscles. I have not been to a ball game but have been glued to the tv and watching world cup soccer games. This is impacting my exercise!

Canadinjeh: Molokai is a quiet lovely island. We took that mule ride down to the Kalapana colony. The island of Hawaii is one of my favorite islands and is where my father grew up. That was a nice story about meeting that Hawaiian family and having fresh fish with them.
I am very happy that your 4 months of maintenance is going so well. Isn't it nice to have an excellent meal using butter, evoo and avocado?

SylviesGirl: Those potlucks where there are no greens or vegetables are hard. I was amazed to watch people at the plate lunch wagons, just order rice with gravy for lunch. Your maintenance is working!

Evesmomma: Clothes can be an emotional issue. I still am surprised that I keep fitting my lowest sizes, even after all of these months.

Eandc: Thanks for the info on Hawaii. I missed those L and L restaurants..but did eat lots of poke. It is delicious. I did that also..order a plate lunch but eat only the chicken and stay far away from the rice and macaroni salad. How fun that your husband went to school there. My daughter is considering the UH for graduate school.

I am heading to the gym today. My steps took a dive with watching soccer..but it was so much fun.

Hawaii69 07-02-2014 11:58 AM

Welcome home Maile! We always hate leaving Hawaii! So beautiful there. I am visiting family right now, my sister and hubby like to eat healthy so it's been great for me. And we went for a good long walk this morning. I'm trying to drink my water and stay active and to remember that sugar is the devil ! Lol it's all good! Hope everyone is having a good day!